[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ammo stockpiling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ammo3-660x440.jpg (93KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
ammo3-660x440.jpg
93KB, 660x440px
What's the best way, cost-wise, to stockpile ammo? There are tons of sites with price-per-ammo listings but most of them have high shipping. Is there some break point, like a couple thousand bucks, where it becomes super efficient?

I see people at gun shows running dollies back and forth cleaning out ammo (especially during the last election lulz). If I can save significant money by waiting for some online sale or gun show or such an opportunity, I'll just be saving up to cash in and grab as many rounds as I can.
>>
>>34187300
>What's the best way, cost-wise, to stockpile ammo?
A time machine for anything surplus. Or hope conflicts calm down, or laws change, and it begins flooding in again. Just don't expect it to be as cheap as it was in the past ever again.
Otherwise, commercial & russian ammo is about as cheap as I'd ever expect it to be. I don't see prices going much lower. If you aren't against using steel, then any common ammo is cheap. Intermediate calibers lean towards 20c/r, full size cartridges lean from 30-40c/r before shipping.
IMO, it IS one of those times to stock up and hedge against future bullshittery that could hit at some point.
>Is there some break point, like a couple thousand bucks, where it becomes super efficient?
Not through normal means where you aren't buying entire pallets tier bulk, because it's already bulk packaged and sold in quantities that don't make shipping extremely expensive. You break a certain weight limit per package, and all of a sudden you start paying a lot extra because it becomes an occupational hazard for the people moving it.
>>
>>34187300
1. Get sportsman's guide membership trial
2. Order fucktons of ammo. Wolf gold 556 is 27cpr free shipping
3. Cancel Trial when you're done
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!
>>
Reloading.
I make 5.56 for about $170/1000.
Buy the 6k count hornady 55 grain box, an 8 pound jug of powder, 5k box of primers, and go grab free brass that tards leave behind and it will be even less.
>>
>>34187300
are you planning on shooting up a mosque or something??
>>
>>34187614
Not OP, but what press do you use for reloading? Also, what would be a good vs a bad brand of reloading press to look at?
>>
>>34187733
Start with a single stage to learn, any is fine. I use a hornady for the quick change feature but others have that also.
Later you can move to a progressive. I would skip a turret unless you were going to start with one instead of a single stage. I like to do my brass prep in stages so a turret has no benefit for me since I have single and progressive.
My progressive is a Lee loadmaster but that was just to learn on and to make a caliber dedicated machine. I will add a Dillon 650 in the future to use for other progressive needs.
>>
File: IMG_1478.jpg (57KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1478.jpg
57KB, 720x720px
>>34187300
Of you have a life and don't want to reload, just buy 100-200 rounds every month. Right now is a good time to stock up. Ammo and rifles are cheap. It really doesn't take that much to stock up to 1000 rounds in a couple months as long as you aren't a complete poor fag. Also, just buy domestic, non corrosive, non steel ammo. Don't fuck upnyour chamber for a few cents.
>>
>>34187549
hey i did they but i didnt make an account i just did checkout as a guest and did the buyers club but i cant figure out how to cancel it does anyone know how?
>>
>>34187300
Go to gun shows and pay cash to stock up. I have 1000 rounds each of 9mm, .357, .40, .45, .223, .308, .30-06, 7.62x39, 7.62x54r, and 12 ga. and 10,000 rounds of .22lr.
>>
>>34187549
Is sportsmanguide worth having a membership with? I buy ~6,000 rounds a year and I think that $40 annual fee will be cheaper than shipping costs.

I did their trial thing about a week back for some 115gr S&B 9mm.
>>
>>34189476
>1k each
You are like a little babby
>>
>>34187300
>Is there some break point, like a couple thousand bucks, where it becomes super efficient?
Usually, shipping makes it more expensive to order online than to buy in stores.
>>
File: joao-bruno-putulukeso-2125-800x_.jpg (257KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
joao-bruno-putulukeso-2125-800x_.jpg
257KB, 800x1200px
>>34187300
You're the fucker buying up all the .22lr, aren't you?
>>
>>34187300
break into an ammo factory and steal as much as you can.
>>
>>34189476
Lol. Did you start stocking up this morning? I have more than one industrial shelving unit full of ammo. I bought 30k rounds of 9mm back in 2003 when I bought my first MG.
>>34190472
>You're the fucker buying up all the .22lr, aren't you?
Lol. 10k? Ha.
>>
best online deals?
>>
>>34192593
Luckygunner usually has some deals. It's usually on 9mm. Which if you have a Pistol caliber carbine or a pistol, is fantastic
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.