[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turkey/Iran vs. Saudi Arabia/Egypt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1494507680716.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1494507680716.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
This is the conflict that's playing out right now in the Middle East. (I know we have a middle east thread right now)

This thread is specifically about discussing how said conflict would play out, what the power projection capabilities of each are, etc.

The two non-gulf states involved, Turkey and Egypt, have fairly sizeable militaries. That said, how would they be able to reach potential theaters of war?
>>
steamrolling through a bunch of other failed arab states.
>>
But the real question is whos side will the US take? Turkey's in NATO but the US has hostile relations with Iran. US has deep business ties with Saudi too
>>
File: turkey aircraft carrier 2.jpg (44KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
turkey aircraft carrier 2.jpg
44KB, 600x360px
>>34186998
I think Turkey would want to de-escalate the situation as much as possible since they're not really ready for a war right now. The Turks have a lot of indigenous weapon systems being developed that they want ready before they fight a war since it would a) allow them to use the war to market their own weapons that they sell and b) not have to fear sanctions from EU/US states over how the weapon systems are used and c) not mess with any systems that they're currently developing that has foreign countries involved (the TFX stealth superiority fighter, the SOM-J stealth air-to-ground missile etc).

Also since the Turkish aircraft carrier isn't ready yet (scheduled to be completed in 2021) the Turks don't have a reliable long-range transport system for their f-35s to take off from.

But even without Turkey I think Iran has enough power to take on Saudi Arabia and Egypt on it's own anyway.
>>
>>34186998
Proxy wars. It's not like as if either side has the mass force projection capability to go any further than their immediate neighbours. Iran might but any overt hostile move would lead to a reaction by America.
>>
>>34188560
FYI, Turkey is fast tracking a bill allowing them to rapidly deploy troops to Qatar. Not exactly de-escalation.
>>
Can't see Turkey siding with Iran against SA and Egypt. If anything it would be the GCC + friends vs Iran and their proxies (Iraqi shiite militas, Hezbollah, Syria etc) either way it would be a mess, much worse than the Iraq-Iran war
>>
>>34189345
Except they're deploying troops to Qatar, so that's exactly what they're doing.
>>
>>34191611
a few troops doesn't matter, it's just Erdogan flexin, no way would Turkey side with Iran against SA.
>>
>>34186998
Fuck T*rks
I don't care about the other countries either.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.