[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my autism/k/. What could this destroy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20170602_174046.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_174046.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Rate my autism/k/.
What could this destroy?
>>
>>34186749
Go back to school already
>>
Nuclear explosions are not good propellants.
>>
>>34186828
Thats what the waters for and not enough op
>>
"invincible barrier"

back to English class with you.
>>
>>34186749
Water would instantly vaporize.
>>
anything

EVERYTHING
>>
>>34187486
and push the tungsten cylinder to retarded speeds.
needs more water though.
>>
Don't you have summer homework to be doing?
>>
>>34186902
>invincible barrel
back to the eye doctor with you
>>
>>34186749
it'd be easier to speed something up orbiting a planet then slingshotting it at your target rather than that bullshit.
>>
>>34187699
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plumbbob
>>
>>34187903
>2000lb plate
>41 miles/second

That generation was completely nuts
>>
>>34190304
What effects would this have on a city? I made the math and this would deliver 60000000 Newtons of force.
>>
>>34190464

You did the math wrong, you fucking clown. You don't "deliver" force, you deliver energy or change in momentum. Also, you calculated force as m*v (which is momentum, not force). IF the steel plate in its entirety was projected, and then subsequently FULLY STOPPED on something, then yes, it would have delivered 59.4E6 kg*m/s on something, but this wouldn't happen.

As far as what effects it would have on a city, not much. If you read the wiki article, it says the steel plate was likely disintegrated from the compression heating of the atmosphere. Any amount of energy it was carrying would be quickly bled into thermal energy around the steel plate as it moved, and the plate would rip itself apart. A cloud of hot dust would spread as it travelled, and particulates have a high surface area to volume ratio. These metal particles would quickly lose this thermal energy to the air through convective and radiative cooling. You think of it as a 2000 lb hunk of superhot metal flying through the air. It's more akin to a cloud of hot dust farted out of the blast range. As always, the nuke is of much more concern than the aftereffects or radiation.

tl;dr 900 kg of dust spread over ~25 sq. mi of a city would do fuck all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.