[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: bow.png (396KB, 959x775px) Image search: [Google]
bow.png
396KB, 959x775px
I'm australian and i want to go hunting, so all i can get is a bow. thinking a compound bow but idk, the cheapest here seem to be $300 or so. Any recommendations on what to get?
Ones im thinking of;
apex beserker evolve and
pse stinger x
The apex has a nice looking bundle though im looking to buy one bow that will last me years
>>
Are crossbows not an option in Oz?
>>
>>34186241
not since 2011 for my state at least. I know it really limits me but oh well
>>
Please just go to a bow shop for the love of god. Buying bows cheap online sucks balls; it will basically be a waste of money.
>>
>>34186576
Im actually thinking of going to one tomorrow since I have the day off. I've little idea of what to look for though, why is it a waste to buy online?
>>
>>34186588
Bows are like guns, it's subjective on how they feel. Some will work for you, some will be garbage. In addition there is discernable quality differences between brands and the online market is flooded with sub 500$ bows that are absolute shwarbage. Go try out a bunch.
>>
>>34186215
>I'm australian and i want to go hunting, so all i can get is a bow.

Why? A lot of the rest of us have guns to go hunting with, why can't you?
>>
>>34189603
no because i dont meet the requirements for a licence, nor do I care to join a club
>>
>>34186588
>why is it a waste to buy online?
When you buy a bow you have to set up the draw length, brace height, and where to place the peep sight. It's not exactly pick up out of the box and shoot. If you have years of experience and a bow press tuning a bow is easy. If you're buying one off of the internet with no idea what is what that is almost impossible and you risk damaging the bow or injuring yourself.

The guy behind the counter of a bow shop, if he knows his shit, will also be able to able to answer the millions of questions you will have. The people that hang around the shop will also help you while learning how to shoot.

Just go to the shop.
>>
>>34186215
Is there an option on recurves?
>>
>>34192516
recurves are fine i think, recurves decrease the draw force while increasing the proportional arrow force fight?
>>
>>34192516
Plenty, I shoot compounds but there traditional archery guys that nerd out on their forums. If you really want to get into it do some homework there.

>>34192566
>recurves decrease the draw force while increasing the proportional arrow force fight?
No.
>>
>>34186576
I would recommend this as well. I have been shooting a recurve bow since I was about 13. I started with a 25#. These days I shoot a #45 which is good compromise between speed, power, and recreational fun. In the States, most places will let you hunt whitetail deer with 35-40#. 50# and up are recommended for larger animals. Humans are much easier to kill than deer. A decent boadhead and 30# is probably sufficient.
>>
>>34189603
>Owning a firearm in Australia
Regular police visits to check your shit
Two safes for firearms and ammo to be stored separately
Guns must be disassembled for storage
If you want a handgat you must join a shooting club and compete regularly

These are the reasons I'm never buying a gun here. I don't want cops showing up at my house and going through my shit
>>
>>34186215
When I was younger getting into Archery my Dad had gotten me a skullworks PSE stinger (or bone collector can't remember). It was a great entry level bow and I think it was around 4-450. Its definitely nothing something to cheap out on
>>
>>34186215
As long as it is about a 60lb drawback it should work. you could just burn through a few cheap compounds or start on a compound and work your way to nicer compounds/a recurve/a longbow. If you really get patrician you can make your own longbows fairly well if you get your hands on the right wood.
>>
>>34193300
pvc
v
c
>>
>>34192315
Then don't say it's because you're Australian, say it's because you're a little bitch.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.