[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever bail on work to go shooting, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 12

Ever bail on work to go shooting, /k/?
>>
>>34185576
I haven't missed a day of work in 14 years.
I have about 200 employees but over the years probably have supervised 2,000.
I go to the range on many of my days off.
I go out.
If I catch an employee out having a ball after fucking me over fraudulently calling in sick, they're just done.
>>
>>34185592
You're doing God's work, Anon.
>>
You know you can do both, right?
>>
You just sound irresponsible.
>>
File: 1496181956464.jpg (66KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496181956464.jpg
66KB, 1024x1024px
>>34185592
>I haven't missed a day of work in 14 years.

>hate my job
>constantly tell myself I'll call out or half ass it
>come in and still work my ass of

Granted it's made me successful at whatever I do but on the other hand my superiors and coworkers exploit the shit out of me.
>>
>>34185661
That money man
>>
>>34185689
It's nice and buys nice things, but I'd rather make less money and have genuine pride in my work than vice versa.
>>
I deliver pizzas in the hood so I get to shoot while I work.

But seriously, I don't cut work. We get minimum wage in my state so I get like $175/shift.

I actually deliver in the hood and either draw, or threaten to draw my CC about once a month. Niggers like to do this thing where they approach and talk to you from slightly to the side, then when they're at about 2/9:30 try to suckerpunch you. You can either stay away from them or literally *block their path* if space is tight.
>>
>>34185706
I thought the pizza man doesn't deliver to the ghetto
https://youtu.be/R40DFzvbMtE
>>
>>34185727
We're new yet so we don't have a huge blacklist. What happens is after an incident we blacklist the address and immediate neighbors, it takes a while for it to cover a neighborhood. We get like 5 attempted robberies a year reported, me and other drivers that carry don't report ones where our firearms are involved as that would get us fired.
>>
File: 1493488893335.png (1MB, 935x670px) Image search: [Google]
1493488893335.png
1MB, 935x670px
>>34185782
>where our firearms are involved as that would get us fired.
>>
>>34185576
No I'm in the Navy, not trying to go to mast for something not story worthy
>>
>implying I have a job or own guns
>>
>>34185650
EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THIS ONE SPECIFIC TRIP SAYS

It must be important enough to warrant using a trip like a complete cockbag
>>
>>34185794
You're telling me.

All of us take solace knowing they wouldn't fire us for a defensive shooting though as there is precedent in the company on this. The PR would be too bad. But they will can you for defensive displays, which is gay.
>>
>>34185843
Shit like this is why the trip is here to stay.
>>
File: 1496608509447.jpg (15KB, 236x280px) Image search: [Google]
1496608509447.jpg
15KB, 236x280px
Never thought I'd see the day where (1) /k/ is taking pride in NOT shooting, and (2) Anons are white knighting for a tripfag.
>>
>>34185592
One time, I woke up puking my guts out for over an hour, so I called out of work. After napping for another 4 hours, I woke up and felt just decent enough to get chores done. I decided to go shopping. My faggot boss was there.

>"wow, so much for being sick"
>ignore her
>"hey. You're gonna be in deep shit if you're calling out for bullshit reasons AND giving me attitude when I call you on it. You better have a note from your doctor tomorrow."
>blocking my cart like a smug bitch
>me: "first off, I spent the first hour of my day vomiting, and it took me 4 hours to feel well enough to leave my house, halfway through my shift. Second, The employee handbook that YOU gave me says that a doctor's note is only needed after 3 consecutive days."
>"that's ONLY if you're not on warning about excessive leave, which you might well be on now. "
>me: "oh, really? When I get home, I'm calling my union rep, and we're gonna have a sit down about this tomorrow. Not only are you harassing me in public, outside of work, you're threatening me with disciplinary action."
>she throws her hands up, spins on her heel, and leaves
>the next day, during the union rep meeting, she denies ever being at the store, speaking a word to me, or even knowing I had called out
>union rep must've escalated it to my manager's superior, because a few days after that, she's that false super-polite that screams "I'm on thin ice"
>got paid for my sick day, and rep passes out papers outlining sick day rights to everyone under that manager

Tl;dr:
Fuck you, faggot. You don't own people when they're off the clock. Shit like this is why I pay union dues, even though I'm getting goyed 99.98% of the time.
>>
>>34185576
>Ever bail on work to go shooting, /k/?
Never will skip work outright, but it's crossed my mind to take an hour lunch as use 45 mins of it to go shooting at the range a few blocks away on the other side of town.
I have my own business though, so I can just set up a sign. I usually don't take a lunch break, I just watch netflix or youtubes all day anyway while I work. And play /v/ if there's real downtime.
>>
>>34186320
I think you may have slightly misinterpreted his post. He said "fraudulently" calling in sick, which you didn't do. If someone calls in "sick" just because they want to avoid work and party, then they deserve to get canned.
>>
>>34186421
> Implying these old "muh work ethic" cucks don't have extremely loose definitions of the word "fraudulent"

I had a manager that refused to give me sick pay when I had an awful cold... And I worked in a good prep position.

Sick leave needs to be a no questions asked kind of deal. It's a benefit that's worked into your package along with your salary and your other benefits. There's no reason for management to be allowed to pick and choose what's severe enough to be considered "sick enough". Anyone who says otherwise is either a boot Licker or a manager licking THEIR manager's boots.
>>
I work at a gun range, so I skip work not to go shooting.
>>
>>34185576
No

>Job is two evenings (like 4:30P-~10:30P) on Tues, Wed or Thurs
>and 10:00A - ~6:00P on the weekend
>Closed on Mondays
>I can go to the range on Monday mornings, when it is empty
>>
Naw, I just schedule off in advance.

As for sick days they're no questions asked, it just looks bad to pull more than 30 hours a year. And everyone gives you shit about it. Course I could call in, go shooting, and just make up the shift before the end of the week.
>>
when I was in the army. I used to make sure I always got Voluntold to work detail for the ranges.

I rather be working at a range, with a chance of shooting my weapon or someone else's. Than sit around the shop doing nothing all day.
>>
Yes and it was glorious because my gun club was fucking empty all day long.
>>
>>34185576
>bail on work to go shooting
you're a piece of shit for making other pick up your slack.
>>
File: IMG_5193.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5193.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>not having a job outside
>>
File: AR-7open.png (245KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
AR-7open.png
245KB, 900x450px
College professor here. Work ended for me on May 26th. I start work again on August 10th. Between then and now, I have all summer to go shooting and/or go on road trips. I was at the range twice this week already (once with my black powder rifle and once with my Arisaka). I just bought an AR-7 because it's 50 state legal and compact enough to throw in my bag while I'm on the road, along with a couple bricks of ammo. I'm planning to hit Florida, the Blue Ridge mountains, Vegas, and maybe Yellowstone in the next couple of months.

Life's good.
>>
File: le pointing black man.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
le pointing black man.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
>>34185576
can't skip work if you don't have a job
>>
File: slav lyf.jpg (53KB, 590x392px) Image search: [Google]
slav lyf.jpg
53KB, 590x392px
One time I went to the dentist at 10 so I already skipped an hour off the start, then an hour at the doc. I had the car, and I had a gun, so I took a detour and shot for a while. Chatted with the lady behind the counter; a kindly old woman, the range is a family business. I heard some good stories of the 90's in our modest little eastern bloc country.

"We're the only business that loses customers to prison."
>>
>>34189874
Which subject?
>pls be lit
>>
File: 1495119142485.gif (2MB, 320x178px) Image search: [Google]
1495119142485.gif
2MB, 320x178px
Hey guys, just thought I'd update and say I finished up for the day. As far as consequences are concerned, zero was given and totally worth it.
Glad i could inspire Anons on the internet to care about my poor bedeviled employers.
>>
>>34185661
Ik that feel anon, worse is when you have coworkers who don't put in the same effort as you, so your the only one running around doing everything.
I've learned to stop caring so much.
>>
>>34185592
Chill out fuckhead. Work sucks ass. Even worse when assholes like you breath down your neck over meaningless horse shit. That's why people quit and start their own business. It sucks "working for other people". But yeah, if you call in sick, don't gobout on the town so everyone can see you.
>>
I apparently got to my job a bit late because people would bring their guns into the office and work on them in the morning, have lunch, and do a little work, then go to the range and test their changes.

Most everybody were former military who worked for a defense contractor, so they had the discipline to complete the work too.

I do keep in touch with one of them and we both take off a Friday and go shooting and then drink beers for like 6-8 hours.
>>
File: Accuracy Intensifies.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Accuracy Intensifies.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>>34185576
Yes, sometimes I am sick of my job as sponsored professional shooter and just dont go to work so I can go shooting instead
>>
>>34185843
Getting defensive? You must be winning the argument.
>>
>>34190499
Works not meant to be fun. It's work. I have been working since I was 13 (under the table) and I save fun for days off. If you don't like your job, get another one. They're out there. Or just suck it up, be a man, and go to work.
>>
File: 2017-06-07 18.42.38.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-07 18.42.38.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>34190735
How about no mother fucker. That's why I have cattle too. That's a job also. Someone has to raise them so assholes and their little shit head kids can have hamburgers for dinner. Don't tell me what to do fuckbag, I don't work for you. Work can be fun if you have the right job.
>>
>>34185701
dont fucking do it I have acounting degree but screw that if you think I will be an acountant, I rahter be a cop knowing at leat I do something better with my life
>>
>>34185576

All the time.
>>
>>34190798
Well then there you go, dumb ass. Stop trying to justify being an unreliable lazy fucktard. You remind me of this old faggot who whines about getting overtime because of his stupid dogs or something. If you don't want to be reliable and shit at a job, just quit so someone who needs a job can step in and not be a calling off, trifling, little baby. Go look after your dumb ass cows.
>>
>>34190860
> dumb ass unreliable lazy fucktard old faggot who whine stupid shit little baby dumb ass
Calm down
>>
>>>>34190860
I will get back to watching my cattle. I get to use a rifle with a high powered scope to do it, by the way. Get back to work little slave, those boxes aren't going to label themselves. Also, Stop trying to be my boss. You will never make supervisor over me.
>>
>>34190930
Lol dude I work security. Easiest job in the world. I browse the web, write, and dick off while just watching an empty hospital. Easiest gig ever. I actually enjoy my job. Full medical, dental, vision and easy money doing jack shit. I never miss a day and soak up as much OT as I can.
>>
>>34185576
no i like my job most days but i bailed on school to get blazzed or go shooting, god i fucking hated school and having to numb myself to get through that marxist bullshit
>>
>>34186320
But why are you a lazy union nigger though? Have a little self respect man.
>>
>>34185576

Usually twice a week.
>>
>>34191095
That's fun too. I'm sure you see funny things every now and again. I did security /vet tech nights at a big vet hospital for a few years. I have also done a little security for hotels and shit. I have actually worked alot of different places and dealt with thousands of people as well. People get sick of it. I don't believe we were put here to punch the clock every damn day.
>>
>>34185576
I've shot at work, should've seen the bosses face.
>>
>>34191197
Because employers can and will take advantage of you if you let them.

> being a beta cuck who's willing to have your livelihood stolen from you because of shitty dishonest management
>>
>>34186320
>ignoring your boss
Whelp, that wasn't the right thing to do.

>>34190499
>quit
Whatever you tell yourself to sleep at night
>>
>>34191506
>thinking your boss is still your superior outside of work
> thinking it's okay for them to take disciplinary action based on personal opinion and conjecture
>>
>>34191506
You know what I mean. I won't break my back for some nigger who won't help you out while he is making money and more benefits off of my work. But I am going to enjoy my life and do what I want to do until I have to quit life.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.