[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colonization of a Planet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Alright /k/ you have been tasked to join in an expedition to a new planet to colonize it as the security overseer. You have unlimited resources at your disposal to build a city that can fend off against threats both human and alien. How do you build these defenses? What do you arm security forces with? How often would you do drills with the population?
>>
Someone else can have the job.
>>
File: low_orbit_ion_cannon.jpg (40KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
low_orbit_ion_cannon.jpg
40KB, 604x483px
>>
File: starcraft_ion_cannon.jpg (7KB, 175x125px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft_ion_cannon.jpg
7KB, 175x125px
>>34182137
>>
>You have unlimited resources
Infinitely thick walls of layered walls consisting of diamonds, lava, and shit. Have fun trying to get in.
>>
>>34182075

Well first you gotta find out what the goddamn shit is actually THERE.

Which means extensive survey and sensor sweeps and actually going out to the areas you're planning to build at - and scouring the landscape.

But just in case of running into anything, people ought to have weapons.

Most likely going to be Animals, and they could be big, so you need something that has alot of meat penetration.

If you've got energy weapons then thats going to be something like:
> Particle Beam
> Laser
> Low Velocity (High Mass) Coilgun Flechette

If you're stuck with firearms then we're talking about shit like
> .458 Socom
> .50 bmg from something like a GM-6 Lynx

And emergency response teams will have Flamethrowers just in case there's some kinda creepy crawly bug shit that gets stirred up (including if energy weapons are available, because a flamethrower covers an area better than a plasma weapon would honestly).

This is just for the initial survey crews though. After they discover what the hell is there, if it wasn't immediately obvious on the scans, then we'd know what better to defend ourselves with.
>>
>>34182075

well first id stage a full scale invasion of the planet with literally as many men, tanks, and aircraft as possible.

once planet is secured.

a city surounded by pits with smooth walls fanned out around it like a funnel.

everyone is armed with ar-15s
>they worked in covenant
>we should have super spoopy ammo innafuture

we perform biweekly drills.

there is a flock of drones on 24/7 surveillance outside the city.

everyone has IR glasses because future.
>if it moves and isnt wearing an IR flag, it dies.
>>
i build an oneil cylinder in planet/star L1 orbit.

I then drop asteroids on the planet until biosphere has collapsed to only the smallest, lowest energy requiring, hardiest life forms.

then we terraform the planet.

in a few hundred/thousand years. the planet will be ready for habitation.
>>
>>34182075
Fuck it. I'm spending my time creating little breeds with Deja Thoris.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.