[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 34

DON'T join the muhrines
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>Should I go nuke???
No.

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
WHY DO THESE THREADS EXIST?!!
>>
Give me tips for RASP pls <3
>>
>Ran two miles today with an Army friend who's already in
>Told him I'm thinking about Marines
>Wheezing like a bitch
>Still made time
>He's barely out of breath
>"Yeah, you're going do this in basic if you go Army. Even moreso if you go Marines."
>Actually encouraged by this because I realize how much tougher I can get if I push myself

Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>34181910
Just keep practicing that run. My mile and a half is barely passing for the IST and I was also breathing pretty hard. Just don't stop running or doing cardio.
>>
I dunno if you guys are constantly getting this question or what, but I'm looking at getting US citizenship through the military, and this site here:
https://www.uscis.gov/military/citizenship-military-personnel-family-members/citizenship-military-members
Suggests that any time served in a "designated period of hostilities" lets you apply for citizenship, and that we are currently in that period. Is this legit? It seems too good to be true.
>>
>>34181989
to my knowledge, you need a green card to serve in the US military. I don't know if we're in a "designated period of hostilities" seeing as we're not actually in war, and the military has been downsized the past 8 years
>>
>>34181989

Depending on your language check out MAVNI. Caveat: MAVNI is mostly done by the Army, most non-Army recruiters don't fuck with it.
>>
>>34181877

For the last time, they're a containment mechanism. No /meg/? Have fun with 20 individual threads a day about enlisting.
>>
>>34181989
>>34182011
>>34182038

These are all correct. You usually need a green card unless you go through MAVNI. The one thing they left out is this: MAVNI is currently suspended. You need a green card right now or you can't join, period.
>>
>>34182011
>>34182151
That can't be right, the site I linked clearly states that if you serve for some amount of time in the US armed forces you can apply for citizenship, starting out as a non-citizen.

>>34182038
Read above, the site doesn't mention anything about that, so I can't imagine it's necessary. Also I'm not eligible for it.
>>
>>34182191
>A non-citizen must meet certain requirements to be eligible to join the military. The must have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (stamped I-94 or I-551 Green card/INS Form 1-551) as well as a bona fide residence established with an established a record of the U.S. as their home. If the non-citizens comes from countries with a reputation of hostility towards the U.S, they may require a waiver. The federal government cannot petition on behalf of an illegal immigrant so that they can obtain legal status and be able to enlist in the military.
https://www.thebalance.com/immigrants-in-the-us-armed-forces-3353965
>>
>>34182208
Sorry, you're right, I hadn't understood what you meant.
>>
Just tacked on A1C in the USAF, got stationed in Europe. I've already hopped overseas for the weekend to Latvia and Belgium, and after I finish my career development courses, I'll be doing that pretty much every month. Friends back home are saying they're going to France after saving for 2 years, meanwhile I can drive there on the weekend.

Do it, bros. It's easy in the Air Force, so long as you don't do something fucking stupid like going nukes or linguist.

As a side, I basically recruited a guy back home to join in the first 8 months I've been in. Feels good, he contacted me and I put him in touch with a recruiter, I'm thinking of going on a recruiter assistance program and seeing my family for a week or two in the mean time.
>>
>>34182309

I want to do JTAC stuff. You saying "It's easy in the Air Force" is like boner repellent for me.
>>
>>34182191

The individual services implement the overall programs how they see fit. Currently there are no active programs to allow a non-citizen without a green card to join, therefore there is no way for them to apply for citizenship within the military.
>>
>>34182317
I mean for most jobs it's easy, and I guess I'm downplaying it. Yeah I kind of feel like a douche now for collectively making the USAF sound like a bunch of softies; I mean for what you get out of it, it feels like it should be harder.
>>
>>34182317
>>34182413
Air Force combat jobs are some of the hardest in the military. Iirc positions like EOD and PJ are supposedly more highly trained than Navy SEALs.

Nothing positions like finance and mail are some of the cushiest jobs.

In the middle, it just feels like private sector work, unless you're deployed. I haven't deployed yet, so I can't really say what that's like.
>>
>>34182413

It would be better to say this.

The Air Force is 99% technical jobs, and recognizing this the general physical requirements are lower while the mental challenge is higher.

Short and sweet, while you avoid making the Air Force sound like pussies.
>>
Enlisted as Corpsman, ship in November, what can i expect? things to know before hand?
>>
>>34182317
if you want to be a JTAC, go TACP. Don't let a recruiter try and bamboozle you into going CCT- they are SOF ATC...
source: am in one of above mentioned careerfields. Oh, and a word of advice for the schoolhouse... DBAP
>>
>>34182972

I've heard that there is a shift back to the airfield mission in ATC now that there is less hot direct action. What about the SR mission though? Isn't that more or less baked into the airfield mission?
>>
File: 1485654516251.png (216KB, 1081x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1485654516251.png
216KB, 1081x1191px
when do americans start being happy being in the forces so i can stop justify myself being in the CF

im tired of correcting people and having to tell them that not only do Marines not exist here, but that the average Navy sailor is trained at least three times better than the average yankee muhreen but is four times as interesting as a human being
>>
>>34181866
How do I not destroy my knees and back rucking?
>>
>>34183245
Don't be weak. Have a strong core and strong legs.
But... It'll happen over time regardless, so just give up now.
>>
>>34183245
remember when your mom tried to get you to drink lots of milk as a kid but you didn't?

whoops
>>
>>34183286
>Calcium helps joints and vertebrae
I really hope you aren't 68 series
>>
>>34183304
I was pretending to be retarded
>>
>>34183283
>>34183286
I meant more how do I wear the ruck properly? I see guys who are walking around with their backs looking like a fucking drawbridge, and it's obviously not because they're weak, they just don't know the technique
>>
File: acuLOL.jpg (1MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
acuLOL.jpg
1MB, 4000x3000px
>>34183162
can't speak to that.
>>
>>34183245
bend your knees you dumbshit
>>
>>34183345
High on your back, weight on your hips, with the heaviest items in the ruck towards the top.
>>
How likely is it that >we go to war soon?
>>
>>34183245

This.

>>34183372
>>34183375

Also, don't fucking start training with a 60+ pound ruck. Those weights are for when you actually need to haul that amount for a mission or school. A 25-30 pound weight is just fine to get you used to rucking, and won't turn your joints to powder.

For the same reason, don't "ruck run" unless you have a real necessity, doing it regularly for training will fuck your body up.
>>
2 questions for you /meg/
does the asvab taken with one branches recruiter, and the scores one gets with it, apply to every other branch all the same for any other recruiter you talk to?

Is it heard of in the military to change from one branch to another? If so, can you do so before completing the minimum 4 years of a contract i.e do 2-3 in army and do another 1-2 in the navy, or would it be possible to do one 4 year navy and 4 years army contract?
>>
>>34183413
piggybacking on that last bit, I don't run unless I'm getting eval'ed, and even then, I barely run. A fast stride is more sustainable with heavier weight, IMO.

but the last ruck I did I ran most of it bc I only had 45lbs and was bored.
>>
What is the average day of an infantry officer actually like?
>>
>>34183473
They play games of Gay Chicken in the barracks with their men for bonding during peacetime.

During war, they do the same thing except in the field.
>>
File: cant get enough brian wu.jpg (53KB, 653x604px) Image search: [Google]
cant get enough brian wu.jpg
53KB, 653x604px
>>34183473
90% collating reports and 10% pretending to be important to other local barflies.
>>
If I fuck up and don't pass the DLAB, is 35M still an option? Or is language a requirement (official or unofficial)?
>>
>>34183483
>>34183494
So you have time to do shit like lift weights after the regular 8-4 day? i mean actual weight lifting, not the bullshit pt they make you do as pt every morning
>>
>>34183548
Kill yourself.
>>
>>34183561
why?
>>
>>34183548
Yes, if you manage your time properly.
>>
>>34183561
good advice for this douchenozzle

heed his words, kiddo
>>
File: 1496537164388.jpg (237KB, 629x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496537164388.jpg
237KB, 629x960px
>>34183536
pls respond
>>
>>34183588
i'm a douche because i have an interest in weightlifting that i want to maintain while i'm in the military?
>>
>>34183536

Language is a requirement starting next FY, from what I understand.

So you need to pass the DLAB.
>>
I'M DRUNK AS FUCK AND I WANT TO JOIN THE FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION BECAUSE I HATE BURGERLAND AND BURGERSTANIS AND I WANT THAT SWEET EU CITIZENSHIP

IF I EVER JOIN THE LEGION I'LL UPDATE YOU GUYS, K?
>>
So how long is a tour of duty? Say as either 19D or 35M, how long do I spend away from home? And how does one get home from their duty station?

Also, are 35Ms embedded with a larger unit, i.e. attached to 82nd and therefore based at Bragg?
>>
>>34181866
Top 10 AF jobs for someone who's electronically and tech inclined? ASVAB isn't an issue, only issue is I haven't done any programming before.
>>
>>34184045
Follow up, I'm staying overnight at MEPS right now and I haven't done my job list.
Am I gonna get security force for not having my list done?
>>
>>34184029

Enlistment contracts are always 8 years total with 3-6 years active duty and the remaining time spent in the IRR (basically unpaid and no responsibilities) unless you reenlist.

You will spend all of your active time "away from home" in the sense that you will be stationed at various duty stations. From those duty stations you could be sent on temporary deployments or training assignments elsewhere. You will typically spend 2-5 years at a duty station.

35Ms can go to a lot of different places. 82nd is an option but so are most of the other units in the Army.
>>
For any ROTC scholarship recipients (implyinglol), do you have to serve the time in the IRR, or can you go active for all of your required service?
>>
The original post says not to go nuke. Why? So far I don't really know much about it beyond they work with reactors and that doesn't really sound to bad. Redpill me on nukes.
>>
>>34184225

Tough school, long hours, generally uncomfortable and stressful work. Even moreso on all fronts than most military jobs.

None of that is the real problem with nuke though. The real problem with nuke is just how much recruiters will overhype it to clueless teenage nerds (the best recruiting demographic for nukes). Anyone with a decent ASVAB score will hear things like "nuclear engineering school", "six figure salaries when you get out", and "easy path to a commission". None of these are wholly true, but they're part of the nuke sales pitch that lures so many people in every year.

If you want to see the world and have an adventure, nuke is a shit job that will keep you on the ship while all your buddies are exploring a foreign port.

If you want good after-service prospects, nuke is a shit job compared to something on the intel/tech side of things.

If you just want to chill in the military and have a comfy gig until retirement, nuke is a shit job because it's stressful and strenuous.

Nuke is basically never the right choice.
>>
File: 1484292303213.gif (762KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484292303213.gif
762KB, 400x400px
Where did you WANT to get stationed?

Where did you ACTUALLY get stationed?
>>
>>34184285

Wanted: Hawaii

Got: Georgia

Not even mad. Did you know you can buy a fucking mansion in Georgia on a military salary? Meanwhile I would've been living in a shit apartment in Hawaii and paying $5/gal for milk.
>>
File: IMG_8303.png (162KB, 825x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8303.png
162KB, 825x510px
Is scoliosis a wavable medical condition? I'm not sure the degree, but I'm more than functional. I used to regularly exercise back in high school, carried a 40 pound instrument, and play golf like 4 times a week without getting in much back pain. I will talk to a recruiter soon, but I didn't know if any of you had any knowledge on the subject. Or experience
>>
>>34184348

Scoliosis is definitely waiverable but it all depends on the degree. They'll check you for it at MEPS and advise from there.
>>
>>34184301
just an old sweet song?
>>
>>34184285
Wanted: As far away from home (Chicago) as possible, with opportunity to see the world.

Got: A shore command in Japan that will go out on the ship and fuck around in the pacific for 1-4 months every 6 months

Feels pretty fucking great, man.

[spoiler]Now I just wish I could learn my fucking rate so my superiors would stop treating me like I'm a braindead retard[/spoiler]
>>
>>34184385
Thank you for answer. Honestly I forget I have it all the time but unfortunately me saying that doesn't exactly mean a whole lot to the government. I'll meet back with a recruiter sometime in the upcoming weeks.
>>
>>34184107
I knew asking here would be no help.
>>
File: 1479314415907.png (216KB, 447x449px) Image search: [Google]
1479314415907.png
216KB, 447x449px
>>34184070
So how would I visit my family then? I was always under the impression that you spend X amount of time on duty and then when that's done you can go home for Y amount of time and then you're back to doing your thing. Like a school break or something.
>>
>>34184465

You get nights and weekends off, plus usually 10-15 random extra days off throughout the year for holidays. On top of that, you get 30 days paid leave per year that you can take. Usually people will go visit family for a week or two around the holidays with some of that leave.

I get the impression from you that you think that "going home" is a thing as an adult. Really, though, you aren't expected to spend your time outside of work with mom and dad. You're a grown-up with your own place, your home is your duty station at that point. They can come visit your place if they want, or whatever. You're not a kid anymore.
>>
>>34184415
What mos? Navy I assume?
>>
>>34184620
IT nerd. I do radio things.
>>
>>34181866
Canada here.
Honestly how fit do I have to be to pass the aptitude test?
Ive only been going to the gym for about a month and Im hoping to enlist sometime in the next 2 months.
Im 6'4 and 118kg(overweight lol),but Im strong since Ive been doing warehouse and construction work since I was 16.
Should I be cutting at the gym to lose weight and focus on endurance or will I be ok?Should I just try to pass the fitness test in my spare time?

Thanks.
>>
>>34184067
USAF Security Forces here
Sometimes, it depends on manning. I know a bunch of guys who were open General with me in basic and none of them got security forces.
>>
>>34184285
>wanted
England/Japan
>got
Japan
>>
>>34181866
Looking to get into the RAN Submarine Service, any shitposting sailors about with advice to give?
>>
Been debating on school or enlisting like I was thinking about 2 years ago while I was still in top shape, and one of my possible leans was how I want to apply for the FBI as soon as I was eligible. Do any anons know what the best army mos' would transfer that? I originally wanted to go for 12b since my buddies an electrician but if I can make something work towards my dream of being a special agent I'd definitely rather check that out.
>>
>>34184285
wanted: Japan

got : okinawa...
>>
>>34183612
Many people lift weights in the military. You will most likely have enough time to be able to have a good weightlifting routine.
>>
File: frogfam.gif (518KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
frogfam.gif
518KB, 500x343px
>be me
>want to join military
>thought i had jock itch
>nothing gets rid of it
>do internet reading
>might be eczema
>can't join if you have it
why is life so cruel....
>>
File: army2.png (926KB, 1409x981px) Image search: [Google]
army2.png
926KB, 1409x981px
>>34181910
Did you ever have even a light asthma that disappeared once you were a teenager?
>>
How's this so far?
3D132 Cyber Transport Systems
2A636 Aircraft electrical and environmental systems
1A331 Airborne mission systems
1C631 space system operations
2A933 bomber integrates avionics
2A831 mobility air forces integrated communication/ navigation/ mission systems
2A031 Avionics test station and components
>>
>>34185322
They really would give someone shit over that? It's not like it's in an area where it can be seen? Why would eczema even disbar you?
>>
>>34183228
After we get out
>>
>>34184225

What
>>34184265
said.
>>
>>34185682
Same here I have it all over my back. Is that a dq?
>>
>>34185909
I don't know. I don't have anything like that. It just doesn't make sense for them to deny someone who is in sound condition otherwise for something so stupid.
>>
How bad is the homesickness and how long does it take to get over?
>>
>>34185934
Thats all on the individual, man. Some guys it's hard because they're close to their family.Other guys are running away from home and don't even want letters.
>>
>>34185244
Pffft haha same here.
>>
File: 1420429801545.gif (222KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1420429801545.gif
222KB, 200x200px
>>34185989
>>34185244
Are Oki girls pretty
>>
Is it true that the location you're stationed at can be guaranteed in your contract?
>>
>commissioned last may, been in for little over a year now
>stashed for the first 7 months
>showed up at my nrotc unit, and watched Netflix till I went home
>collected paycheck
>sec football on weekends
>finally get to Pensacola
>even more waiting
>finally get to Corpus for Primary
>ANOTHER 2 months of waiting
>so much free time in the last year I don't know what to do with myself

Not that I'm complaining, but I just wish I could actually start doing stuff.
>>
>>34186217
no
>>
How hard is it to get deployed in the ADF right now?
>>
>>34186217
Would fucking up the DLAB prevent me from going SF, given SF has a big thing about languages?
>>
>>34186985
Didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>34183403
Very
>>
>>34186985
All green berets need to know a second language
If you're too dumb for green berets you can always be a ranger
>>
File: 1490818840095m.jpg (153KB, 1024x853px) Image search: [Google]
1490818840095m.jpg
153KB, 1024x853px
So Im a Brit and I ship to basic this month for the US Army as a 68W and I think I'm fairly prepared.

I know the Army song, Soldiers Creed, army values, ranks, my fitness is good, I'm learning the general orders.

Is there anything I should know, or prepare for that I have maybe overlooked?
>>
>>34188470
Are you circumcised? If not, you won't pass penis inspection.
>>
>>34187298
Okay. My plan was op4 35M (DLAB required), and if I don't pass DLAB then 19D. There aren't slots for 19D in the Rangers so I thought "maybe I get a second chance if I go through Q course, but if I fuck up on language there I'm SOL".
>>
>>34188470
Buddy I ship off for basic in 6 days and you're more prepared than I am
>>
>>34181910
Yeah muhrenes it is for you.
Lmao
>>
>>34188720
What branch?
>>
>>34188641
No, sadly the doctor was arrested for having a scalpel when I was born.
>>
>Be me thirty minutes ago
>Fapping in my bathroom after work
>Marine recruiter calls as I'm about to cum
>Already decided on Army, but he doesn't know that
>He asks what's up, if I've decided yet (I already decided last time he called but put off telling him)
>Decide to tell him
>Try to do it politely because he's a good guy
>Tell him Army is right for me, explain reasoning
>Stuttering and articulation thats alternates between decent and shit
>Asks why I sound weird
>Tell him I'm on the toilet
>ohshit.pun
>He then uses verbal judo on my own words to try to convince me to keep Marines on the table
>He says he'll follow up in a few months
>Start fapping frustratedly to traps
>Drop my phone and almost hit it with jizz
>Dogs start barking like crazy
F-fucking jarheads
>>
How is 19K?

Is it as shitty as I keep hearing it is?
>>
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to enlist as a corporal in the Army? The advanced rank program says bachelor's=e4, which I'm assuming means Specialist, but would it not be reasonable to start as an nco in the same way as an officer, that is, fresh out of school? If that isn't possible, would it be possible to be "promoted" from Specialist to corporal?
>>
>>34190125
Specialist and corporal are the same rank, you don't get promoted. It's a title, if you are an E4 and not in charge of men you are a specialist, if you are in charge of men like a team leader then you are called a corporal.
>>
>>34190125

No, you can't come in as a CPL. You can be laterally promoted to CPL, but it's pretty unlikely if you come in as a SPC.

CPL is usually an undesirable rank to hold. It means you're doing NCO duties but they can't/won't actually promote you to a "real" NCO pay grade. It's not something you want.
>>
>>34190125
>would it not be reasonable to start as an NCO

Not really, no. The whole point of NCOs is their experience.
>>
File: 1473572224218.png (594KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
1473572224218.png
594KB, 806x908px
Going to join within the next few months. Still on the fence about which branch. It's between Air Force, Muhreens, and Army. They've all got their pros and cons. Mostly interested in intel or recon. Any advice?

>scored 82 on practice ASVAB, haven't taken real one yet.
>>
>>34190220

For recon, Army. For intel, Army if you want career advancement, Air Force if you want quality of life. Marines are a poor choice in either case.
>>
File: IMG_0183.png (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0183.png
51KB, 512x512px
OCS applicant here, was ready to ship out when I graduated and then discovered I have an undiagnosed heart defect during finals week of my senior year.

Over a decade of playing cardio-intensive sports never gave me any symptoms. MEPs gave me a clean bill of health. Now this. The hospital stay is on my record and the condition is medically disqualifying so I guess the dream is over.

I don't even know what to do. I spent years digging myself out a hole to get in shape and study hard so I could get a slot. I don't know where I'm supposed to go now. I'm sick and tired to death of education; grad school is the last place I want to be. I guess drink myself to death? Fuck, guys.
>>
>>34190257
It just seems like the Army, compared to the Marines, is a bunch of shitbags (words from army officer, not mine)

I'd like to have a sense of pride in my group, and I'm not sure if the Army is going to provide that.
>>
>>34190387

>Thinks Marines are not also a bunch of shitbags.

You've obviously never worked with Marines. A good portion of junior enlisted are human garbage, especially in jobs with ASVAB requirements.
>>
>>34190340

Oh many, you got smart and fit for nothing? Your life must be horrible.

Go get a girl and a job like the vast majority of people. Or don't. Whatever. You've got nearly limitless options.
>>
>>34190154
>>34190170
>>34190194
Alright thanks, that all makes sense. It's mostly a thing of wanting to "beat" my dad, who made e5 in 15 months. Though that was in vietnam.
>>
>>34190404
That is correct, I have not. I know a handful personally, and they're all really awesome guys. Just trying to figure out which stigmas are true and which ones aren't worth paying attention to.
>>
>>34190423

18 months is the quickest time to SGT under current regulations. The best way to do that is actually to stay the fuck away from jobs that have CPLs, that usually means promotion rates are shit.

I've seen a few 18 month SGTs, it's usually dudes who enlist with degrees and are prepping for NCO duties as soon as they hit the ground. The most difficult part of making SGT in 18 months right now is that you have to go to a mandatory NCO school before you can get promoted, and just getting that school scheduled and complete can take 6+ months.
>>
>>34190404

jobs with low ASVAB requirements*
>>
>>34190463
That nco school is for the army right? Thanks man, didn't know that was an option. I suppose "beat" isn't the best choice of words, more "meet the standard he set."
>>
>>34190512

Marines also have NCO courses, and a much longer promotion timeline. E-5 is going to take a lot longer than a couple years in the corps.

The only branch that can really promote faster than the Army is the Navy in some niche situations.
>>
>>34190423
>>34190463

This. One caveat: if you go 18X and actually succeed at every stage of training you will be automatically promoted to E-5 earlier than 18 months. Green Berets are all NCOs.
>>
>>34190608
Interesting. Is there anything similar with Rangers?
>>
infantryfag here

not burger so cant answer anything specific regarding branches

fire away
>>
>>34184285
wanted: California/Florida
got: california. not the base i wanted tho
>>
>>34190714
No. Also, 18X has a 90% failure rate, while normal SF entry route has a more reasonable attrition rate. You could win this dick measuring contest with your dad but it's an extreme longshot.
>>
>>34190764
what do you do everyday
>>
>>34188921
Navy
>>
Will I finally get married once I enlist? I've never even talked to a girl in my life
>>
>>34192032
No.
>>
why am I fully disqualified with a depression diagnosis? I just want to fix their computers and shit.
>>
>>34192114
They don't want you killing yourself and having people blame the military.
>>
>>34192273
but I'm not suicidal I would just clam up when around strangers as a kid which got diagnosed as depression by the therapist. Do you think there's any chance of getting waivers for something like that?
>>
>>34192300
You could probably do what the FAQ recommends and lie.
>>
File: YlaiGL7.png (297KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
YlaiGL7.png
297KB, 400x489px
can i join the navy and not get buttfucked? canada fag if that changes anything
>>
>>34192370
>canada fag if that changes anything
that means you'll be getting butt fucked twice as often
>>
>>34192370
probably not because ill be joining soon

>>34181866
im going away for basic in 2 weeks and reality has just set in. I have no idea what the fuck ive signed up for. All I've done is quit smoking 4 months ago and got my running up to doing 10km in about 50mins

How am I doing??
>>
Redpill me on USAF Space Systems Operations.

https://www.thebalance.com/air-force-enlisted-job-descriptions-3344257

It looks [spoiler]fun[/spoiler] and like it could get me useful skills for after employment.

Other job I'm looking at is RPA sensor operator, because drones are neat, and flying is cool.
>>
>>34188470
When you reach the point where you have to actually know that shit, definitely just pretend like it's the first time you've seen the Creed or whatever.

If you do that you'll just be seen as having a quick memory, instead of being a hyper-moto retard.
>>
>>34193728
shhhh, I was having fun imagining how this would have played out in my head

On a serious note, do you have to prepare like that? Im >>34193620 and my recruiter told me to just show up and start running
>>
Is it worth getting a medical job like Pharmacy Specialist in the USAF over something more technical or engineering related? I got told that once I get out all that experience will be pointless until I can get my proper degrees.
>>
The discord link don't work. Fug. I need it.
>>
>>34182309
You must be a fucking nonner. I would never recruit someone I care about for this bullshit
>130 Crew Chief in Japan
Yeah sometimes this shits cool as fuck, but it isn't easy, and it isn't worth the bullshit that gets run down. I enjoy the work, but I'm leaning far to the side of not reenlisting
>>
File: 52e.png (323KB, 584x717px) Image search: [Google]
52e.png
323KB, 584x717px
>it's a Army/Navy/Airforce poster who talks shit about marines because they're too pussy to be a marine episode
>>
>>34194096
>I got told that once I get out all that experience will be pointless until I can get my proper degrees.
It's true. There is the AFCOOL program which lets you work at getting certifications specific to your AFSC, but that's something you need to look into and do yourself. Some jobs are better than others. Am Bio (4B051) right now, the job gets a few certifications like HAZWOPPER and some emergency management related things as you go through training, plus some really lucrative things like Certified Safety Specialist and Industrial Hygienist. If you do go after them, I've never heard of anyone not getting a job when they leave. Largely you absolutely need the certifications though, without them you have an associates degree to most places that doesn't mean shit.
>>
File: 1408756641126[1].png (43KB, 446x367px) Image search: [Google]
1408756641126[1].png
43KB, 446x367px
Welp, about 2 hours from having to get on my metal floating prison and fucking hate my life for the next couple of months.

It'll be my longest time afloat, and I fucking hated the last time.

W-wish me luck, /meg/. Here's hoping this time I can get used to it and learn to not be so fucking miserable.
>>
>>34186011
They alright.

Same as any other place, I would imagine. Some are qts, some are butt ugly.
>>
>>34195518
>>34186011

Although now that I think about it, the girls in mainland Japan (was in Yokosuka for training for a week) seemed qt-er.

But that could be because that all the QT girls from the poor part of the country (Okinawa is ghetto as fuck) all find husbands and move away.

That's what happened in my hometown back in the states, at least.
>>
How good is Tricare in the reserves?
>>
>>34181910
Anyone can get good at running bud. I used to not be able to run a mile without fucking dying. Now on my APFT (Army) I run 2 miles in 12:30. Run 3 times a week starting out with no less than a mile. Keep your head up the whole time, don't start out with a sprint. Build endurance before you build your time.
>>
File: 1496044325492.jpg (117KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496044325492.jpg
117KB, 640x960px
>>34183612
You'll just be one of those super swull dudes who has to prepare like a month in advance for a PT test because you spend most of your time just lifting weights but you'll be aight. A lot of MPs I know are like that.
>>
File: 1496603637720.jpg (318KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496603637720.jpg
318KB, 1000x600px
>>34183927
Yeah good luck with that. Also have fun serving next to a bunch of Brazilians and North Africans
>>
File: 1496595760449.png (375KB, 654x477px) Image search: [Google]
1496595760449.png
375KB, 654x477px
>>34189434
Yeah don't join the Army we don't want you.
You sound like a typical muhreen though
>>
>>34189887
Everyone who isn't a 19K says 19K fucking sucks and you'll hate life. Every 19K I know loves it. You'll be doing lots of maintenance on your big bitch and they'll probably make you a driver first. I know it's fucking cheesy but go on YouTube and look up Army 19K MOS and watch the corny ass like 20 or 30 minute long starting strong recruitment video. It'll show you some of the shit they do
>>
>>34192032
Hookers and local sluts and uniform sluts
>>
Is 31K available to Prior Service? I'm currently a NG 31B, wanting to go active duty and not sure if that MOS is available for Prior Service or not.
>>
>>34194626
You in the 353 at kadena? Or are you mainland
>>
>>34195513
Surface fags are cancer

Your life must be so hard with having a smoke deck and being able to see the sun.
>>
>>34185322
have you seen a doctor?
>>
>>34195283
>It's a Marine pretends to be special episode
>>
>>34195283

>you're too pussy to do thing!

Does that really work on people? Do they have to be really insecure or just kinda?
>>
>>34197762
it's the entire idea behind marine recruiting
>>
>>34198086

That's fucking silly. There are definite selling points for the Marines, in fact my final decision on which branch of service to join is currently balancing the Air Force against the Marines on the basis of particular opportunities native to each branch. Hell, if I weren't interested in the Air Force and just wanted to be a grunt I'd go Marines hands down anyway.

Why the elaborate Jedi mind games?
>>
How much muscle mass can I be expected to lose during my 3 months at Parris Island?

How can I best negate this loss?
>>
>>34198111
>Marine selling points

There aren't any. They're the shit-tier branch.
>>
>>34198441

Not entirely. Their combat element is more elite than the Army's, and I'd consider Force Recon on par with Rangers if not more elite given that Ranger school has such a high pass rate. Then Raiders is right up there with Special Forces but without a culture that's set in stone so there's room to make your mark if you're good.

While those are limited perks for a certain type of person they're very good perks.
>>
>>34198502
Ranger School doesn't mean you get into the Regiment, and Force Recon is only Direct Action capable. The Ranger's main mission is DA.
>>
>>34198502
>>34198530
oh, and the combat element isn't any more "elite" than the Army's. So they're trained 2 weeks more, that shit doesn't matter.
>>
>>34198441
>Army = full of fatbodies who aren't strong enough for the Marines

>Marines = literal retards who cannot think above a 3rd grade level

>Navy = homos who like spending time on a boat with other guys

>Air Force = wimps who can't put out physically and don't want to get hurt

>Coast Guard = "Oh yeah, I forgot about you guys."

Pick your poison.
>>
>>34198530

Yeah, and Force Recon does SR and DA while Rangers do... SR and DA.

You're right, it doesn't mean that you get into Regiment, because it's being used as a boy's club by any Officer that wants to make rank. When anyone can pass it you know the standards are washed down as fuck.

>>34198537

>So they're trained 2 weeks more

Higher physical standards the whole way through, and those two weeks in context mean that they've trained 4/3 of the time that Army grunts are, iirc infantry training in the army is only like six weeks. That's a lot of training relatively.
>>
what happens if my DI sees me eating a booger at boot camp
>>
>>34198576
You'll probably get promoted.
>>
File: 1495984203653.png (128KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1495984203653.png
128KB, 579x523px
>>34185670
Bamp
>>
>>34198502
>More elite

What are you, fifteen? I've got to work with both conventional and SOF Marine and Army elements.

Conventional are basically the same guys but the Army had more training/equipment.

Army SOF made Marine SOF look like bumble fucks.
>>
>>34198568
While Force Recon CAN do DA, most of the time they're used as slightly glorified infantry. Rangers do DA all day everyday.
Barely higher physical standards. AFAIK, 3 pull ups, 40 crunches, and a 28 min 3 mile for USMC, with the Army requiring 35 push ups, 47 sit ups, and a 2 mile of 16:36. Huh, looks like Army minimums are actually higher.
As far as length, marine boot + SOI ITB is 16 weeks compared to 11x OSUT length of 14 weeks. It's hard to compare the two because OSUT starts infantry skills at a lower tempo than SOI from the very beginning,
>>
>>34198640

I've been told by Army people that the Marines go harder.
>>
File: file.png (8KB, 539x126px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8KB, 539x126px
Well guys.
It's in the tubes. Out of my hands.
Hopefully all goes well.

Crazy to think that in less than a month I'll be sworn in
>>
>>34198562
>Navy = homos who like spending time on a boat with other guys
How is that bad? Sounds perfect to me.
>>
>>34198562
The Navy is just the scape goat for all the homoeroticism in the rest of the military

>Haha the Navy is so gay. Wait, bro, you missed a spot on my inner thigh with that baby oil. Get in there real deep. Thanks bro. Fucking gay ass Navy
>>
>>34198899
It's a gay ol' time.
>>
How bad is it if I'm going to show up at MEPS with no body hair?
>>
>>34199403
Pretty gay dude
You're gonna be next to seven other guys in your undies and get your anus and balls inspected by a doc
>>
What are some jobs in the AF that aren't going to be shit work of 12 hours a day for weeks on end or just poor conditions in general?
>>
>>34199821

Any job in the military might fuck you. Your Captain might come by and say "okay boys, we've got enough people on hand to do three 8 hour shifts with plenty of room for leave". Then some shitbag Colonel announces that everyone is on 12 hour shifts until further notice because he's coming up for a review and wants to look good or swap favors with someone so he needs the extra manpower.
>>
>>34199843
I get that, I should I have clarified a bit better. If I have to do these 12 hours back to back, how do I not get fucked for being in the rain/snow and overall weather fuckery?
>>
It's 4pm and I'm having a beer
Will I be good for the breathalyzer and urine test tomorrow morning if I stop now and drink water? I forgot not to have a beer with my food
>>
I am a platoon sergeant and i am an alcoholic.
>>
>>34200211
I've heard most of you infantry types are.

Any words of advice ?
>>
>>34193620
When and where are you going
>>
File: sad frog laments his myopia.png (60KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
sad frog laments his myopia.png
60KB, 228x221px
> max prescription you can have for short sightedness is -6.0
> your prescription is -6.5
> can't get laser eye surgery because -6.0 is the pre-operative limit as well

fug
>>
I'm going to Fort Lost in the Woods soon for USAMPS. What should I bring so I don't blow my head off from boredom?
>>
>>34200273
Daaamn that's shitty
I got rejected from the AF for heaving -3.25
I think that's borderline too
>>
>>34200284
Kindle/whatever full of books
The last for weeks without needing a charge

Deck of cards is also a classic if you feel like being social
>>
>>34200296
Do they do anything fun for 4th of July there?
>>
>>34200353
Dunno
Maybe
I hear Americans take that shit pretty seriously
>>
>>34198502
I think USMC recon is cooler than rangers simply because if you get into force recon you get scuba and freefall certified. Not only is that just fun shit but it also means you get more money when filling a billet that requires the use of them.
They also get to do small boat shit and VBSS if that interests you.
I figure if all you care about is DA then rangers are probably for you.
While Recon can do that and force recon does it quiet a bit, it's only a small part of their job while rangers do that shit all the time.
But if DA isn't everything to you then recon does a lot more shit as well and all the additional schooling can be fun.
Hell recon can go to scout sniper school, pathfinder, they do TACP-like shit, ranger school (which I know isn't RASP), and a bunch of other shit as well.
>>
>>34199843
Basically what jobs to avoid if I don't want to be out in the weather for long periods of time
>>
Anyone have insight on Intelligence MOS (particularly 35F) in 75th Ranger Regiment? What kind of different duties or potential for combat might there be? Likelihood of going on to Ranger School after RASP?
>>
>>34201025
I say this to everyone trying to go into Intel
It's hard as hell to just get selected.

Don't get your hopes high
I don't know any further than selection because I never made it past that. Despite having higher than average scores on pretty much everything.
>>
File: 1395192004643.jpg (22KB, 235x250px) Image search: [Google]
1395192004643.jpg
22KB, 235x250px
I need help /meg/

>be me a year ago, 18, live with parents, no drivers license
>want to join weekend warriors
>apply and get call from recruiter next day
>need medical records for social anxiety from when I was 15
>"ok no worries"
>call mom cause she's in town, ask her to get my records
>"why?"
>"I want to join the NG and need them"
>"No you're not joining the military"
>too embarrassed to say "my mom won't let me join" and tell recruiter I just kinda pussied out

>few days later he texts me and I deny again saying I got "something else set up" but I don't
>"Ok but let me know if you're still interested!"

>be me now, 19, still with parents, no job or drivers license
>last week was forced to go to the shrink
>I've been using unmedicated anxiety as an excuse to not go to church for 4 years now (that's a story in it's own)
>Doctor doesn't even talk to me about what I think
>prescribes me medicine after 20 minutes of talking with my mom and not me
>not even alone
>forced to take medicine

>just an hour ago talked with my dad about it and he's alright with me joining the NG
>but idk what will happen if I tell the recruiter I'm on meds (which I can totally get off of)

What do I do, /k/? Am I screwed? Will the recruiter be alright with it or will I be denied?
>>
>>34201125
I can't say with any sort of authority or experience or really anything at all

But I'd say that you USED to be on something
But aren't aren't any more

Really though if you're an anxious person, are the Forces for you?

I mean you're gonna have to use the phone. A lot. To strangers.
>>
What does /meg/ think of Generation Kill?
>>
>>34201240
I'm not anxious at all anymore. The doctors a retard though. Literally said herself "yeah I take one look at you and can see you're anxious." I just don't like going to the doctor, damn.
>>
>>34201282
Same warning and shit Bla bla I don't know nuffin

If that's true, then just go for it
Lie and if you're caught, say your parents made you do it
Which is mostly true, innit?

It's just the reserves any way, shiiit
>>
>>34185087
>Canada
the aptitude test (or CFAT) isn't the fitness test. the CFAT is spatial questions, problem solving questions, math questions, etc. the force test is the fitness test. The tests are as follows: loaded shuttle run, sandbag lift, sandbag drag and pepper potting. the time limits are so generous, the fattest of fat ass NCO's can achieve it. Having good endurance will only help you in the long so if you feel like you're a shitpump in the cardio department, fix it.

Any more questions, ask away. I'll be here for a while
>>
>>34193620
I'm assuming you've joined the Royal Canadian Navy? Or are you a Canadian joining the American navy. I can fill you in on the RCN and the BMQ Experience.
>>
>>34201361
>I can fill you in on the RCN and the BMQ Experience.
Not that guy
But I'm up for selection for an officer position in the RCN

Any advice?
Or anything from your experience would be cool
>>
>>34201056
Are you saying it's hard to get into intel in general, or for the Rangers?
>>
>>34201499
In general and probably doubly so for the Rangers

I'm not saying don't try
Just keep yourself open to the idea that you won't get it
EVERYONE tries for Intel
I mean it has such a sexy reputation
And you don't even need to risk dying!
>>
In my time at meps, the marines were absolutely miserable. The recruiters would shark attack the poor little fuckers, and I had about 20 of them tell me that they made a huge mistake. Don't drink the Kool Aid kids, as for me I nearly got past meps easy enough until the hearing test. Apparently, I have actually hearing loss, still aint gone to the ENT since then lol. Army, Navy, and Airforce are the only acceptable choices if you want to not kill yourself by 23.
>>
>>34201376
sorry future Sir, I have no opinion but a good opinion of the commissioned contingent, sir.

but seriously, don't be a dickhead. don't let the commission go to your head and never disregard the opinion of a 20 year in sergeant. Are you going the RMC route or did you come from civvie street?
>>
>>34201517
What are some other good MOS's for someone looking at intel, but doesn't get it?
>>
>>34201310
>Which is mostly true, innit?
Pretty much but I don't want to outright lie. I see people all the time saying to just lie but I've never seen someone who was in service or a vet say they lied about anything to get in.
>>
>>34201536
>but seriously, don't be a dickhead.
I keep hearing this whenever I mention that I'm gunning for an officer position
Are dickhead officers such an issue?
You guys have really hammered down the point of being humble.

Civvie as fuck. Well mostly. My pop was military. Grew up base brat all over. I tried the college thing, but since I choose my major when I was a stupid teenager, I didn't graduate with anything worth while.
So I'm going military

Honestly, I should have done this years ago. I grew up in this life. 6+ months without talking to family is the norm.

Anyways, what port you at? Victoria or Halifax?
>>
>>34201125
You should go active duty. It sounds like you would benefit greatly from getting out of the nest.

Its okay to lie about MEPS if it's not a health thing that will actually come up in the future such as asthma. If you're healthy and will continue to be healthy lying won't hurt anybody.
>>
>>34201591
RMC gives you a sense of entitlement over Enlisted, NCO and JNCO's. Theres nothing worse than seeing officer dicknuts with his 2Lt rank slip in getting pissy at warrants and for not chucking 5's up. you've gotta earn the NCO's respect. imagine being 25 years in with a belt load of tours getting jacked up by some fresh out of RMC 22 year old.

I actually got into a fight at basic because they brought in a BMOQ platoon at the same time as we were going through and we ended up at the mess at the same time. The girls liked us but the guys thought we were trash and told the girls not to talk to us because we were "just enlisted"

For every 10 good Officers, there is one very bad, very douchy very loud one who gives everyone a bad rep.
>>
>>34201591
Sorry, I was on a bit of a rant there, didn't read the rest of your comment. I'm navy but I'm actually a purple trade so I'm not on a coast. the guys that are hard blue trades fucking love it. I haven't met a single hard blue that didn't love the navy and it's not as gay as the jokes make it out to be. lots of gucci goes, deployments, drug raids. Watching the boarding parties do their stuff is amazing.
>>
>>34201672
>>34201700
Thank's mate
I love talking to you guys here.
I've been sitting on my hands for a year now due to recruitment fuck ups

I just wish I was out there doing shit.

Any stories or shit you want to talk about?
I mean anything, man. My ears are all open
>>
File: 1496334194607.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496334194607.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
>joining infantry
Enjoy your no-jobs as a civilian. Stay in the military. No woman, gays, no peace of mind, or anything.

My MOS is 88m and infantry is stupid
>>
>>34201751
Coppers take infantry don't they?
>>
>>34201730
Naw it's all good man. I'm still fairly green. Just over a year in but you get thrown into it pretty quickly. At least I did in my trade. Most trades only deal with themselves but my trade puts me in audience with everyone from private no-hook bloggins to Trudeau himself. I've met Lieutenant General Whitecross, I've spent more time with my Base Commander than my own Sergeant. Most people could go their entire posting without ever seeing their Base Commander.

I waited for about 5 months before they gave me what I wanted. The trick is to wait, It's a big fucking waiting game. Do NOT settle for a position that's "kind of like the one you want" because contrary to what every fucking recruiter thinks you cannot just "occupational transfer whenever you want"

Don't be afraid to accost them too. Whoever your point of contact is, call them every few weeks. be sure they're moving your file forward because we ARE a logistical nightmare and things do get lost in the shuffle.
>>
>>34201810
>being a cop
I hope they like dealing with people everyday.
>>
How reasonable is it to find a job in the CIA after going the opt40 route?
>>
>>34201912

1. Why do you want to join the CIA?

2. Why do you think that you'd enjoy the CIA after being a Ranger?
>>
>>34201817
What's your trade bud?

I confess that I'm a tad drunk. So feel free to ignore me if it gets too obvious.

Yeah, I tried that "wait for your trade shit" for a year.
Now I'm going for the second best thing. Which is totally ok in my books
MARS officer seems rad as fuck to me now

And yeah, I'm sure I'm a thing at my local recruitment office. I've been checking up on them once a month for a year

And Jesus Christ, they're still god damned incompetent
Every week for the last month and a half I've had requests for new paperwork. And every time I submit some paper, they tell me I'm clean. But the next week they phone me up and say they need more.

Ok get this. One time I get phone call by this guy who needs to confirm my citizenship. I say I have. I have my birth papers already in my file
He says that his superior told him he needs my "citizenship card".
Which was a type of identification that went out of date in 92.
So I call up me pop and get that card.
It's just a card, written in German, with my baby picture and birth weight on it.
Yes. Very useful.
Totally redundant next to the actual Ottawa given paper. I go over and get it copied

But then a few days later I get a call up from that superior saying she don't have the card.
I say I gave it in.
She says she still don't got it
So I tell I'm on her way to give it to her in person

On the way there, she phones me up and says she still doesn't have it. Ok ok, I'm STILL on my way. And as I'm about to hang up, she says "Oh wait, here it is".

All that effort over something that doesn't even fucking matter
>>
First time jumping in this thread, read through the MEPS portion in the pastbin but it was pretty basic. I know MEPS is the same regardless of branch, and I was looking to join the Nat Guard as a combat engineer possibly. The catch is I have 1. no colon 2. diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Is getting a waiver a sure shot through MEPS?
>>
I am 26 and am finally starting my undergraduate after working for so long. I am also in the backgrounds investigation for my county sheriff in SoCal. I really want to enlist and do something with HUMINT as I have gotten a degree in Arabic.but this is all after I get my degree, but I am worried about delaying everything such as the potential job with the sheriffs. On top of that I would be 30~ getting out of the Army and going into the sheriffs dept. Is it worth it for me... Or should I just go straight to the dept?
>>
>>34201941
How... How do you eat?
Do you have a colostomy bag?
>>
>>34201963
I'd go military for the experience, at least
That way you can actually go to the middle east instead of just staying in Commiefornia
>>
>>34201928
>1. Why do you want to join the CIA?
I really would like to still operate somewhere in the middle east with my language ability
>2. Why do you think that you'd enjoy the CIA after being a Ranger?
I guess I really can't answer that without knowing if I even made it to regiment.
>>
>>34201964
Had the colostomy bag for a few months before they essentially stretched and rerouted my small intestine to perform both jobs. Essentially I absorb less fluids so I'm technically supposed to drink more water and I go to the bathroom more often, which isn't necessarily a problem because I just go whenever I can
>>
Anyone else fail the piss test and have to come back in 27 hours?
I had to piss so bad but my dick shriveled up and I couldn't piss in command and now they think I'm on drugs.
>>
>>34201978
That is what I am thinking, but the experience is really not needed for the dept. But then on the other hand I really do want to and to the ME and actually use the language that I spent learning, or at least get the Army to further my language skills.
>>
>>34201983

The CIA doesn't operate it gathers intelligence. Even SAD gathers intel, they just do it in places where it's dangerous for people without military training to do. If you want to operate the CIA is the wrong place. Rangers do direct action virtually all of the time. The CIA almost never has units involved in direct action.

I don't want to discourage you from going Rangers if that's your interest, but while you're in and doing your time it is my advice that you do some research and get a feel for what things actually are and what you really want.
>>
>>34201929
Yeah, man. The runnabout is classic as fuck. Do you speak German? That looks Fantastic for your brag sheet.

I'm an Imagery Technician. Fancy words for photographer, videographer, Interviewer, PR guy. Basically a journalist for the entire military.
>>
>>34202005
Fuck the department
I'm talking about your life experience
>>
>>34202007
Thank you for that information. Then do you think it would be plausible to get some law enforcement experience rather than mil exp to add the "similar work experience" under my belt that the CIA requires? I really just want to use my language in an HUMINT in the end.
>>
>>34202017
I used to when I was a wee babe
But not any more
Now all I know is "Gutten Tag" and " Sprechen sie Englisch?"

That sounds pretty great mate. I have a degree in writing and shit. I feel your passion or whatever it is that you have that got you there.
Been on any ships yet?
>>
>>34201056
>>34201517
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

For enlisting in the US, intel is non-competitive. There's no "getting selected". You want it? You qualify for it? The slot is there? You get the slot.

I don't know how this meme got started that you have to fight for an intel slot, but it's retarded. Officers have to fight for slots, not enlisted.
>>
>>34182445
>Iirc positions like EOD and PJ are supposedly more highly trained than Navy SEALs

You're wrong. Stop posting, please.
>>
>>34202056
Nope, my buddy just got posted to Halifax and they're trying to get him on a ship ASAP. Another friend got posted to Esquimalt but she's a bit lucker because she was a clearance diver before she became an image tech so she gets to do the underwater photography. Like I said, I've never met a sailor who didn't enjoy the water. Even my army and airforce image tech friends love being on ships
>>
>>34202080

PJs are substantially more highly trained than SEALs. Their pipeline is over two years long and they come out with their 5 level.
>>
>>34202092
Where do you want to go? What's yer hopes?

I'm hoping to be picked up soon and sent to St Jean for BMOQ and then to Esquimault
Use to live out West so it's like coming home a bit.
>>
>>34202038

Dude. Go for either SF 18F, or go Marines on a UZ contract then go MARSOC when you make rank, or go 35M option 4. Those are the ways to get to do HUMINT in a meaningful capacity. Don't go LEO in a local PD sense. I mean you can do undercover work while going to classes to get your degree but I don't recommend it.
>>
>>34202100

Go away, air force. The only people who care about your silly badges, stars and wreaths are you guys.

Go write some bullets. I'm sure there are ten thousand ribbons your boss told you to put yourself in for by cob tomorrow.
>>
File: 1490405060546.jpg (138KB, 538x754px) Image search: [Google]
1490405060546.jpg
138KB, 538x754px
I'm gunning for an 11x Opt. 40 right now, but I've hit a stopping block at the security clearance.

My record's clean, no drinking, no crime, etc. But the thing is, I have literally no close friends who can vouch for my character. All I've got are schoolteachers and guidance counselors.

Am I fucked?
>>
File: 2017-06-08 19.40.41.jpg (930KB, 1212x1616px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-08 19.40.41.jpg
930KB, 1212x1616px
>tfw 25,000 bonus as a trucker
Stay btfo'd uncivilian MOS's
>m-,-muh guns! Muh fight for freedom, muh action and adrenaline life! I AM A BAMF as infantry!
Whatever kiddoes. Go clear up my roads for IED's with your humvees as you escort me like the important convoy I am.
>>
>>34202234
Congrats on your 31 score on the ASVAB!
>>
>>34202196
Don't know
But had similar problems
Being NEET for a few years can really hamper shit

On the suggestion of my recruitment officer, I had a friend of mine be a board game "club" leader.
It's 100% true that we played a board games for about year with a bunch of other people
Was it a club? Hell no
But it was on my record
He got a phone call from some fucking officer and he told him how great I was.
Bought him a beer or 3 after that.
>>
>>34202092
Hope and get are always two different things. I wanted to go to Petawawa,ON. EX Stalwart guardian, LAV's, Tanks, Field exercises. I got Cold Lake, AB. CF-18's, SARTechs, EX Maple Resolve. Make the best of your postings. they're only 3-7 years lol.
>>
>>34202156
>35M option 40
That looks exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man. but "In a meaningful capacity" do you mean I will be able to use all that I can offer because I can talk the talk, walk the walk, and look the look. ( yea i am a sandnigger in short)
>>
File: 2017-06-08 19.55.50.jpg (245KB, 570x1039px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-08 19.55.50.jpg
245KB, 570x1039px
>>34202249
Ur Mad jelly bruh

https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/transportation-and-aviation/motor-transport-operator.html
>>
>>34202333
thats only one subsection of the army breakdown for the asvab, retard
>>
>>34202333
That's one subsection you ignoramus
>unironically thinking that to be a truck driver you need an ASVAB score on par with medics and intel
You were truly meant to be a truck driver.
>>
>>34202348
I guess that explains my 64 on asvab and still got 88m
>>
>>34202325

No. I mean that most .mil enlisted HUMINT never do much besides interrogations and translating for officers out on patrol. You can't just take 35M and expect to do the important work.
>>
File: 1332903652321.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1332903652321.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
Can anyone shed light on the Navy nuclear program? Had a navy recruiter call and ask me if I was interested and went on about it being the hardest curricular course the military has, and the $100,000 re-enlistment bonus. Does anyone have any experience with it? How hard is it truly?
>>
>>34202399
>5 semesters worth of nuclear engineering in the span of a few months
>High stress job
>No job prospects outside of the military, because your experience specifically helps you with military stuff
>No point of doing 20 years, because the job is so stressful
>No freetime
>etc.
>>
/k/, I need answers within the next two hours.

I just did the ASVAB for the Army and I need to find 5 MOSs that aren't 11B (my first choice) to discuss with my recruiter by tomorrow. All I want is something that would enable me to go overseas that wouldn't be boring.

For reference.

>GT: 119
>CL: 112
>CO: 108
>EL: 110
>FA: 108
>GM: 108
>MM: 105
>OF: 109
>SC: 109
>ST: 112
>>
>>34202399

What are the details of this bonus? Because I'm not finding anything about it online.
>>
>>34202399
Nuke MM here.
The schooling is hard, and the job is shitty. But it will set you up pretty well on the outside.
>>34202432
>No job prospects outside of the military, because your experience specifically helps you with military stuff
Not sure why you think that, even the most incompetent nukes I've seen who did 6 and out go on to do pretty well in the civilian sector. I'm guessing you're a bitter nuke dropout?
>>
>>34190340
Did you tell your recruiter or MEPS about it?

If the heart condition doesn't really affect you and it was just a brief hospital stay I would just not disclose and still ship out to OCS as normal. I just spoke to an officer recruiter this week and he told me multiple times that MEPS has no investigative capability, they only know what you tell the. There is no central database of medical records like there is for criminal records, the military can't just "check" you medical records to see if you have something wrong. As long as you keep quit about your hospital stay nobody should ever find out about it.
>>
>>34202509

Is it easy to make rank? Get BAH? What's the re-enlistment bonus exactly? I'm finding conflicting info.
>>
ask someone who got honorable discharge in AIT 3 weeks before graduation anything
>>
>>34202399
Oh and as for the bonus: At your two year point, assuming you've made it through the training, you can opt to "re enlist" which will add 6 years to whenever all the paperwork gets finalized. Automatic rank up to e5, which will add about $14,000 to your yearly salary due to being eligible for BAH, and a bonus of anywhere from $60-100k depending on your rate.
If that sounds like a good deal, it's because the job is so shitty.
>>
>>34202398
Shit ok. Thanks again for the info.
>>
>>34202538
Why are you such a pussy; and a failure to your country, your family, and yourself?
>>
>>34202538
What'd you fuck up and how can we not do that?
>>
>>34202470
Never mind, I found some
>>
>>34202533
Different MM nuke anon

Guaranteed E-4 assuming you don't get caught underage drinking or cheating, and can actually pass a PFA (navy standards are a joke so pls god don't fail)

BAH during prototype and you can reenlist at 2 year point for E-5 and the bonus is calculated off of a multiple. Basically the only way to get the full 100k is be a sub ELT or a sub ET

You can look at advancement percents online
>>
I was arrested but not convicted for paraphrenalia. I may have told them that was the only time I ever smoked weed besides a couple other times. Am I fucked as far as clearances since all my friends were degenerates who smoked and sold all through highschool? Would I be good if I avoid a Secret clearance rank or should I fucking run? Already talked to a rec.
>>
Remember kiddies use your leave in blocks so you can do drugs
>>
>>34203093

Pot use doesn't matter for a clearance. I work with a bunch of people with clearances who were daily smokers for years.

The military is much more strict on weed use than OPM (the people doing your clearance) anyways.
>>
>>34203147
I also did shrooms... And hung with the dudes who sold everything
>>
>>34203170
if you didn't get arrested for trippin sick nutz bro, then guess what? The government doesn't know
>>
>>34203147
But I saw the clearance records and it looks like if you just admit it you're good since people did coke and had multiple duis etc and still got clearance... im just wondering if it matters to have a different story to them than to meps and recruiter
>>
>>34203178
but in a secret clearance they interview your old friends which like i said were all dealers and even my teachers would probably know
>>
>>34203058

When you say re-enlist at 2 year point does that stretch you out to an 8-year enlistment from start to finish?
>>
>>34203194
I have a secret clearance and my best friend was a big time dealer. They're looking for liabilities such as debt, terrorist involvement etc

You do realize only TS has to do the polygraph right?
>>
>>34203216
But you probably don't have a drug related arrest on your record. I got caught with a weed pipe
>>
>>34203205
Kinda, it voids your 6 year contract, and you sign another 6 year contract. So theoretically 8 years if you time it perfectly, but you have to have qualified at prototype before you can reenlist, and let me tell you how fucked S5W plants made in 1963 are. Chances are if you're a wire rate you're not going to have it line up
>>
>>34203216

Not him, but my record is squeaky clean. I've smoked weed though. Am I good not disclosing?
>>
>>34203143
Does booze count?
Do they test for booze?

Like if I take a week off and get drunk 4 of the 7 days, is that ok?
>>
>>34203233
Then just fucking be a cook if you're so scared
>>
>>34203236

So it's 8-9 years... is that 100k upfront?
>>
>>34203250
No, do you realize how much of a pain in the ass it would be if DoD labs had to separate samples by age to test for underage drinking?
>>
>>34203255
No, 50% in a lump sum the rest in installments

After taxes you're looking at about 36,000 if you max out the bonus. Which only sub ELTs and sub ETs will do.
>>
>>34203216
Did they not ask any of your old friends if you did drugs?
>>34203242
I'm not saying lie, but everyone told me to lie until I told them I had a paraphrenalia arrest.
>>34203252
Fuck that I'm joining to actually serve. Look: https://www.thebalance.com/navy-jobs-open-to-non-us-citizens-3345849

Supposedly none of those require sec. clearance. I'm just trying to get more opinions and experiences before I join and get fucked by something obscure...
>>
>>34203216
Me mum took a poly on base recently
Someone stole money from the base bar
50 year old woman
Strapped up the fuck to a god damned poly

Poly is shit
All you gotta do is straight face that shit and think you're innocent
So long as you believe, you're good.
It's some Indiana Jones shit. Only the believer shall pass

Anyways, me mum was innocent of course. Scared the shit out of her but it's just a scare tactic
>>
>>34203272
>https://www.thebalance.com/navy-jobs-open-to-non-us-citizens-3345849

Lmfao most of those rates are shit

HM or BU are the only two worth a damn
>>
>>34203271

Not worth it then. If you could stick the lump sum into indexes or real estate then you could double or near double it by the end of your enlistment and get out in your 20's with something between a quarter million to half a million in the bank. Getting a taste then a trickle for another six years isn't going to do shit.
>>
>>34203314
It's also not worth it because the nuclear navy is cancer
>>
File: ag3qtq.jpg (91KB, 731x715px) Image search: [Google]
ag3qtq.jpg
91KB, 731x715px
>>34203304
BM = shit?
>>
>>34203294

>All you gotta do is straight face that shit and think you're innocent

Not how it works.

When most people talk about "beating" a poly they mean fucking with it so it's hard to get conclusive results. That's absofuckinglutely useless if you're taking a poly to get a job (like certain positions in the military). Inconclusive result = no job, that simple.

I still don't understand why people get spooked when they hear there's a possibility of a polygraph though. Most things people think of as issues for a clearance don't really matter unless you lie about them.
>>
>>34203347
Yes that and CS are what they give the retards who are incapable of learning useful job skills
>>
>>34203372
Fuck off, nobody else said it's shit. You're probably some manlet with a small dick desu. I'm still trying.
>>
File: f35helm.jpg (87KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
f35helm.jpg
87KB, 900x600px
Better question: are those pilot bonuses worth it?

>College paid by Academy/ROTC/other program
>10 years in with officer pay
>9 year re-up
>216k upfront
>24k annual raise by how bonuses are calculated
>One last bump of 48k for a year
>Out at age 42 with penchant and over half a million in bonuses

The real question is whether it's worth it compared to other opportunities.
>>
>>34203380
okay civilian
>>
>>34181866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28cfvJkPBpY
>>
>>34203387

>You can fly military aircraft in service that you can't fly anywhere else.

>Private pilot pay actually sucks ass for the first 10+ years of your career anyways.

Military pilots make out like bandits DESU.
>>
>>34203387
Nigger you get to fly some SERIOUS shit
And you get paid like mad

Why the fuck are you hesitating?
If my eyes weren't shit I'd be there
>>
>>34195283
>letter A preceding a vowel
It's like you're not even trying to sell yourself out as a Marine.
>>
>>34203398
I am so disappointed in Gunny's guest.

>muh gas piston
>ya wanna go "beast mode" ya need tough
>>
>>34203403
The proper way to transition civ side private piloting is from active duty to AF reserves or Air guard anyway, while working. Captain/major pay for a 3-5 day drill will make up for the short initial salary
>>
>>34203426
=(

Gunny gets scope-bitten by the .338LM AR-10.
>>
>>34203447

The proper way is to just finish up 20 years. Retirement pension/benefits mean you can comfortably do whatever you want for the rest of your life, including flying for mediocre pay.
>>
>>34196385
Mainland
>>
File: 1413171701433.jpg (10KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1413171701433.jpg
10KB, 312x312px
>>34203327
l-literally?
>>
>>34193682
Still no response? damn
>>
>>34203505
Ha, but no it's fucking annoying having people hold rank on you while bragging about how important forceful back up and a high level of knowledge is.

It's honestly like every other rate where if you make more money, you're objectively correct. Except everyone thinks theyre a fucking genius on top of it.
>>
>>34202511
until he has to go to Medical for his heart condition or for some other reason and they send a medical record request. Then he is fucked.
>>
>>34201346
No push ups/sit ups/chin ups/timed run?
Only things Im worried about
>>
>>34203828
Not him
But in Canada our fitness test as 3 things
Running beep test
Drag test
Lifting 20kg shit a lot to our chests test

No push ups, no chin ups, no sit ups
Though you are likely to do those in basic
>>
File: 160914-M-ST224-112.jpg (239KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
160914-M-ST224-112.jpg
239KB, 1000x667px
Wanted: Georgia

Got: Hawaii

Fuck this place. Toxic leadership up and down the Island, shitty ops tempo, 0% chances of a deployment. That "perfect" tropical weather all the tourists rave about? It's a goddamn curse in the jungle.

Fuck trying to sleep while the sky is opening up on you, getting pissed on. And this is after walking up, down, over and around ridges and gulches 40+ ft in elevation with 1000 rounds of 7.62 (90lb rucksack)

Oh and fuck bringing home giant centipedes home from the field. These fucking things are up-armored. We dropped multiple big ass rocks on these things, and they kept flailing about. My friend cut one in half, it looked up at him like "na fuck off m8" and the two separate pieces of the centipede fucked off in their own different directions

The beaches and the girls are ight tho
>>
>>34203847
Thanks.
off to the forces I go then
>>
How does the military feel about private firearms? My father "lost" his 1911 when he got out, and I'm thinking about taking it with me when I start my career.
>>
>>34202234
lmao dumbshit u can easily make that and more as civie truck driver without dealing with military bullshit, hell in 6 years it wont even be transferable skills to civilian trucking cus they will be automated

i mean obviously better than signing for an infantry role but thats a fucking low bar
>>
>>34202533
if you dont extend your contract your fucked on advancement, like 5% last round to get e5 (after that its good) so enjoy the barracks if your even lucky enough to not be living on the ship
>>
>>34203889
You can't use your own gun.
>>
>>34198673
Those "Army people" were probably pogs
>>
>>34201751
>>34200211
>>34198655
If you mean Army APFT you're wrong the minimum is 42 push ups, 54 sit ups in 2 minutes for each one. 15:36 2 mile. For males 17-21 (or maybe it's 17-23).
However keep in mind nobody except an absolute faggot shitbag meets the minimum.
If you get below a 240 score basically you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>34203850

Hey. I'm gonna tell you a cheat code here Georgia boy.

Use your VA loan to buy a house there. Rent it out to vacationers and live in it when there aren't people vacationing in it. Let the tourists pay that mortgage back, which lets you write off the rent to nothing on your taxes if you pay 100% of it on the loan. Now write off 1.75% of your 750k-1mm house's value from your taxes due to depreciation.

HI can make you rich.
>>
>>34181866
Air Force Enlisted, 2W231, leaving for basic in 11 days. Any tips?
>>
>>34205744

>nuke

You get a bonus for AF nuke?
>>
>>34205744
So long as you're not a woman, you should be emotionally stable enough to handle it. have fun
>>
>>34206037

>>34206037

>>34206037

Nude Tread --->
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.