[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed carry questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170603_193616661_HDR.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_193616661_HDR.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
I'll start. I picked up a Ruger LCRx 3" with a short grip. I've been carrying aiwb but it digs into me when I'm sitting down. Right now I'm using a cheap nylon holster, any recommendations for a holster/carry method?
>>
Lose some weight
>>
>>34181633
210 and 6 foot. Try again
>>
File: IMAG0239.jpg (3MB, 3752x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0239.jpg
3MB, 3752x5376px
>>34181660
What a cow. 6' 150lbs skeletal master race reporting in.

In all seriousness, does it dig in to your leg or stomach? I just started aiwb with a p30sk. The lowest setting had the holster digging into my leg. I adjusted the clips lower so the gun sticks up higher, and it's not a problem anymore.
>>
Unless you have cerebral palsy that's the stupidest way to hold a gun I've ever seen
>>
>>34181660
Unless you can bench 260 and run 2 miles in 16 minutes, you are fat.

Getting a better holster might not help with AIWB. One thing you could try is adjusting the height of the grip over your belt line, if possible. Try carrying at 3 or 4 oclock instead. Try a smaller gun.
>>
>>34182185
Digs into my leg. I'm not entirely sold on aiwb carry though
>>
>>34181615
Extended sweat guard if the finish/edges really bug you that much. Chances are if its poking you you're sweating on it to some degree anyways. id try to find one that bends the edges in or at least arent pokey. they can do the same thing when you bend forward.
>>
>>34182456
Try putting it directly over your dick instead, just pull your belt buckle to the left.
>>
>>34182456
oh then adjust you're cant or placement to aim the barrel more between your legs.

That or just eat less fatty.
>>
Not OP but lately ive been experiencing the grip of my gun being to close to my belt to get a full grip on it when drawing aiwb. How do I raise the grip higher up? Or should I just angle the grip forward?
>>
>>34181660
Manlets don't know how actual men carry weight. (6'5 235 supreme master race) just carry at a different position, and get a better holster.
>>
>>34181615
Shoulder holster under a button-up shirt
>>
>>34182622
>>34183236
Any recommendations for a holster?
>>
>>34183395
My personal holster is a shitty Uncle Fudd's nylon holster but it rests the weight nicely so no discomfort. If you're looking into a shoulder holster, blackhawk or Uncle Mike's isn't a "bad" choice but if you can find something more name-brand in leather, get that. Just make sure you get a vertical holster because horizontal ain't hiding shit.
>>
>>34181615
>Right now I'm using a cheap nylon holster, any recommendations for a holster/carry method?

A quality AIWB holster and a proper gun belt goes a long way. Check out JM Custom Kydex, they make incredibly good holsters compared to other companies and they most likely have an offering for the LCRx.

And ignore the retards that are actually suggesting a shoulder holster. It's not 1983 anymore and IWB especially AIWB is faster as well.
>>
>>34181660
>210 and 6 foot. Try again

I am 6 foot with 159 pounds and you are fucking fat ! !
>>
Appendix carry is really all about physique. If you've got it, you'll know. If you don't, then just move on to some other carry position, like on your hip.
>>
>>34183651
It's really just the hammer. I'll look into a guard for it, or maybe switch to my hip. I'm working at a college with a few incredibly liberal students, I'd prefer maximum concealability
>>
>>34183672
IME 15 degree or so cant appendix carry works best for that. 3:30 to 4 prints when i bend forward. but with a non tucked in button down i could carry just about anything this way. Recommend a full length or extended sweat guard to protect you from the hammer. Pretty much infront of penis carry desu.
>>
>>34183554
Skelly bro is jelly
>>
>>34185083

literally no one envy's the obese.
>>
>>34182310
Why?
>>
>>34181615
What's a good leather holster/speedloader or strip combo? I've got a 568 that I carry, but I want something classy to go with it. I'm currently using a crappy mikes holster.
>>
I've had an Lcr, those aren't the small grips. Try the boot grip if you want the smallest footprint. Appendix carry is NOT gut friendly. Your chest must stick out further than your belly for AIWB to be comfy.

I just got a belly band holster from Comfort tac- it's the most comfortable holster I've ever worn, although it's not the most concealable.

JM custom kydex is probably the best AIWB holster maker out there if you are looking for kydex.
>>
>>34181615
The absolute most comfy way to carry a 5 shot revolver is a clip grip, but I don't think there is one for LCR.
If you get a holster there are two ways they go about positioning a revolver on your belt:
1) Belt clip in line with cylinder. It's quite secure, but very bad for carry, the revolver just seems to be just as big as a 15 round semi-auto "compact" gun.
1a) Belt in line with cylinder or slightly canted but still overlapping cylinder. Less secure and same issue as 1: feels too big.
2) Belt between grip and cylinder with large cant. This is the way to go.
>>
>>34186233
I think it's good because the only thing you hide is a portion of the trigger guard so you get a full view of almost the entire half of the firearm
>>
>>34186694
Ah missed part of 1a: cylinder is slightly below the belt (but still overlapping)
>>
>>34186542
>so long as your chest sticks out more than your gut, you're good

Not the guy you're responding to, But this helps put me at ease. Just picked up a trex arms raptor holster and I'm completely new to aiwb. I figure I'm on my feet for 12 hours a day so I'm not to concerned about it getting in the way of me having to bend over/go about my day so I chose it over a more traditional 3 or 4 o'clock holster.
>>
>>34181660
185 6'2 lose some weight fatty your bordering on obese.
>>
>>34181615
>when I'm sitting down

adjust the cant before sitting down ?
>>
>>34181660
That's heavy, unless it's somehow all muscle. I'm 6' 2" and 165.
>>
>>34182425
>2 miles in 16 mins
An 8 min/mile pace is a little faster than the walking.

>t. Ran distance in track for 3 years
>>
425 9'8 master race reporting
>>
>>34186863

Just do your best to keep good posture and you shouldn't have any issues. What do ya carry?
>>
File: wut.jpg (65KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
65KB, 960x960px
>>34182597

>How do I raise the grip higher up?

if your holster has a hole pattern for raining/lowering, use that, if it doesn't you will probably need to buy a different one.

>Or should I just angle the grip forward?

I generally don't like any cant on my gun AIWB
>>
>>34189193
Well I only have two pistols at the moment so I had to decide which one I wanted to aiwb at work. A glock 35 or a sig p229, both with a tlr1

I chose my block even though it's going full retarded concealing it. Part of my uniform at work is a smock so I figure it won't be a problem hiding it, But I have almost zero access to anything on my 3/4 o clock belt line while I wear it.

I figure on my days off I can just cc my sig like I usually do at the 4-5 o clock position.
>>
>>34186001
Mike Tyson weighed 220 at 5'10" during his fight career

At 5'10" at my fighting weight i weighed 185lbs

People have different builds but if you're 6' and 150lbs then you're full skelly, my brother is 5'7" and weighs more than that as a marathon runner
>>
>>34186863
>Just picked up a trex arms raptor holster

Those things are trash, lmao
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.