[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you take a gun safety course before you started handling weapons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: IllustrationSkelter620x.jpg (61KB, 620x599px) Image search: [Google]
IllustrationSkelter620x.jpg
61KB, 620x599px
Did you take a gun safety course before you started handling weapons?
>>
>>34181402
If you count your PMI teaching you the proper way to fire a rifle before they let you fire your M16, then yeah.

I own 7 different guns now, but I didn't ever fire one until boot camp.
>>
>>34181402
No

Learned all my dos and don'ts from lurking /k/.

Still haven't had a ND.
>>
>>34181402
No, my dad taught me when I was a small child with his marlin model 60.
>>
yes, required in leaf land
>>
The firearm safety course of father. Been shooting since I was 7.
>>
Yes, because New Zealand, and Dad wasn't full retard he made sure I wasn't going to accidentally get my .22 stuck in the toaster.
>>
>>34181402
Combination of hunter safety and my dad teaching me with a bb gun.
>>
>>34181402
No, but I plan on taking a course or two after I buy a few more cases of ammo and a couple more handguns. I'm pretty autistic about safety rules in general so I've been ok so far.
>>
Haha no
>>
>>34181402
Not really. Father and uncles started me off with a 10/22 when I was 8.
>>
>>34181402
Did you take a 1st Amendment class so you could say stupid thinks and ask stupid questions without hurting free society?
>>
No because it's common sense shit. If you need instruction courses on how to safely handle a firearm as an adult you're dumb as fuck and I worry about you even being able to figure out what they teach you in classes.
>>
>>34181402
Yes, gun safety was part of my high school curriculum. (The choice was ROTC or gym class...)
>>
>>34181402
"Just don't shoot at the house." My Grandpa, shortly before I started shooting.
>>
>>34181402
no, just watched a metric fuckton of youtube videos and went to the range with at least 200 to 300 rounds
>>
>>34181402
no, I was raised handling hunting weapons and the same rules applied to AR's and my pistols once I turned 21
>>
>>34181402
if you're so retarded that you need to take a class to know how to safely use a gun, you probably should reconsider getting guns.
>>
>>34181402
Nope, my neighbor taught me the basic "don't point it at yourself and check the fucking chamber" rules and I was pretty much self taught and /k/ lurking from there.
I learned in a Nugget funnily enough.
>>
>>34184545
You're the kind of guy who thinks he knows everything and ends up shooting through a wall on accident because he's too good for Google.
>>
>>34184535
This
>>
>>34181402
I was shown the basics when I first went to a range. The rest was self-study.
>>
>>34181402
Yes, my mommy made me do a hunters safety course before I could own my first gun
>>
File: Untitled0.png (157KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled0.png
157KB, 311x311px
>>34181402
Nah, family taught me the basics when I was a wee lad. /k/ taught me everything else.

thanks /k/
>>
no, and Ive only ND'd twice.
>>
I watched the magpul videos
I'm not even kidding
>>
>>34181402
I learned passively on the internet and walked into the gun store and scored 29/30 on that stupid fucking test they do in California.
The CADOJ can go fuck itself, I'll shoot at the water if I feel like it.
>>
>>34181402
Yes
>>
>>34181402
Nope. 100 percent self taught so far.
>>
Joke's on you, I've never handled weapons.
>>
>>34181518

Me too.

>Started shooting .22lr at 3 with dad
>received lever .22 for fifth birthday from friend of family
>hunted with dad at 10
>knew at 3 if I didn't follow dads rules he'd turn me into a greasy spot on the pavement
>no ragrats
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.