[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ammo thread? Moving from a house to an apartment and am VERY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 20170606_195820.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_195820.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Ammo thread?
Moving from a house to an apartment and am VERY concerned about overpenetration.

What do you guys think about vmax loads?

Currently rocking xm556sbct3 and need to change it
>>
File: 1461026586548.jpg (31KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1461026586548.jpg
31KB, 384x384px
get a 5.7 you dork, we wound vectors now
>>
Regardless of ammunition type, you're still using a rifle round so there will always be a risk of overpenetration even with frangible bullets.
>>
File: IMG_1938_zpsueubpcgd.jpg (330KB, 900x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1938_zpsueubpcgd.jpg
330KB, 900x629px
>>34181278

right but any serious pistol and shotgun rounds will certainly not be any better.

except maybe the 5.7, lulz>>34181246
>>
>>34181278
Bullet mass and shape is the biggest defining factor in overpenetration:
5.56 penetrates drywall and other cover worse than 9mm, .40, and .45 because it has far less mass and tumbles more readily
When you're talking cover penetration, higher mass is better because of the relationship between momentum and kinetic energy: 1/2MV^2=KE vs P=MV.
For instance, 9x19 and XM193 have comparable momentums, and thus will penetrate cover relatively equally, however 5.56 will lose proportionally more KE penetrating barriers than 9x19 because it loses more velocity per unit momentum lost than 9x19 due to its lower mass.

.45 ACP retains multiples more kinetic energy after barrier penetration due to its much higher M:V proportion
>>
>>34181278
There is a large risk of overpenetration regardless of what caliber he uses. Even .22 will go through drywall with enough energy to kill someone on the other side. Its a moot point unless he uses some useless underpenetrating meme ammo or a large rifle caliber.
>>
>>34181224
i think its laughable how everyone talks about concerns like over penetration and other factors involved in a theoretical Home Defense scenario,
as if they are actively engaging in live fire fights against intruders at least once a month
>>
>>34181224
I'm in an apartment but I live at the end of the hall so idgaf. The perp should be charged with any accident death that occurs.
>>
File: 1359609168689.jpg (44KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
1359609168689.jpg
44KB, 400x550px
>>34181691
you sound like a responsible individual
>>
>>34181758
Some of us are just smart enough to know that in an apartment building unless you're on the first floor a random home invasion just ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>34181224
shotgun with No 4 buckshot

Done
>>
>>34182224
Speak for yourself...living in Pomona during my college years was basically living in a Judge Dredd Block War.
>>
>>34181224
Use #4 buck shot or a 10/22 with metal lower with minimags
>>
>>34182256
Can confirm, having just finished my third year at Mudd, there's a reason we never leave campus.
>>
>>34181224

If I was defending an apartment with neighbors on 1 to 3 sides and possible friends and senpai within, I'd buy a cheap .38 revolver (Armscor M200 or M206 comes to mind) and load up with Glaser Safety slugs. If I expected a herd of Dindus, a shotty with #4 buck would be the back-up, and to hell with the lawsuits. As always, it's better to be judged by twelve than be carried to your grave by six.
>>
>>34181224
I use Hornady TAP but there is also Hornady GMX and Speer Gold Dot .223 that could be used as a HD load.

It's in my opinion that proper training, knowing your hold overs and having a strict standard for speed and accuracy in close quarters will greatly benefit in minimizing the risk of lobbing a round somewhere you didn't intend to hit.
>>
Glaser Safety Slugs are the absolute best ammo to use. Don't listen to the faggots about "muh penetration". The Glaser was used in testing with animals with closely resembling chest cavities to that of a human and ammo like Glaser and MagSafe dropped them quicker than any hollow point and with no overpenetration.
>>
We literally had this exact thread yesterday.
>>34170767

Even "lol 9mm" will go through some nigger two sheets of drywall, 2 plate glass mirrors and a door. If you shoot a gun in an apartment your getting kicked out, good shoot or not.

Its your life or your lease pick one.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.