[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green Berets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 24

File: cover-cropped_0.jpg (61KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
cover-cropped_0.jpg
61KB, 800x450px
This guys dont seem to be discussed much on this board. Has anyone here had experience with them?

Recommend joining them?
Reading material related to them?
>>
>>34174552
there are threads made about them but no one sees them and no one hears about it

Green Beret threads are all sneak and peak
>>
>>34174552

Google Ben Schweitzer. Former green beanie from my home town, currently work at the same place as him but different department.
>>
>>34174552
Some of the ones I knew were just in country to punch their combat tour ticket and get a bronze star. Others were like the white knights of old fighting for God and Country. The 18x program killed it.
>>
>>34174552
Aren't they essentially older guys that train natives how to form militias and shoot stuff - hopefully not /ourguys/?

> The Village Stability Operations (VSO) introduced late in the war were a joke. Only one SF officer (Jim Gant) had the balls and ability to do it correctly and he was done in by a chain of command who resented his success. Mimicking his methods was something his fellow SF officers refused to do because that meant no DFAC with it’s hot chow, unlimited ice cream and pecan pie; no cushy FOB with central air and nice bunks, no gyms to work out in, no internet and no crappy AFN TV to watch. I’m not making that up. The lack of amenities was sited the book American Spartan and several news articles as the reason Jim’s qalat in Chowkay was abandoned by the team that replaced him.

There is a lot of stuff written about them, some good, some not so good.
>>
>>34175841
>The 18x program killed it
What do you mean?
>>
my math teacher was a Green Beret. now that I think back on it, he might have been stolen valor, but he seemed pretty legit. Does anyone know If Craig Emerson was in the Green Berets? He said he had been in a lot of conflicts, including the Battle of Mogadishu, where he claimed to be the first person on the radio after the blackhawk had reported to crash.
>>
File: 1457748999995.jpg (41KB, 437x357px) Image search: [Google]
1457748999995.jpg
41KB, 437x357px
Literally the reason for the past 70 years of conflict the US has been in and have curb stomped numerous terrorists/globalist threats around the globe. When Osama Bin Laden was running the show for the Saudis with their insurgencies in Iraq/Afghanistan and numerous other nations, it were SF that were gathering intelligence and doing strikes against them.

>Works along side CIA usually
>Builds guerilla armies/ helps foreign countries with FID(Foreign Internal Defense)
>Basically a mobile army that can start from nothing

From what i can remember Delta and the SEALs have taken on jobs similar to theirs and vice versa. Where the aforementioned will train friendly forces, and the Green Berets can now do Direct Actions like Raids.

>Deposed Taliban Gov't in Afghanistan which were the only real gov't and not the Quasi Post Colonial Gov'ts
>Put Karzai in power so they have legitimate access to attack at Osama(when he was alive)

>Do Raids and WW2 style Urban Fighting in Syria against ISIS.

I had an Uncle who was part of Operation Snowflake against drug lords in Peru as a Greenie Beenie. My dad told me a couple of times about him, that and the news was just just fresh about their fight against ISIS. It made me want to Join up.

I never wanted to go to college but i've always wanted to serve in the Army. Seeing their option 18x program gave me purpose. Never been a Cum Laudi or nothin' but fuck if I won't try
>>
>>34175951
What is ww2 style urban fighting...
>>
File: 1457735650062.jpg (141KB, 539x788px) Image search: [Google]
1457735650062.jpg
141KB, 539x788px
>>34175966
No ROE(per say) Gun everything as they are not officially US citizens on this one. Honestly conjecture but threads and speculation about that arose in 2016. Literally a new Cowboy front

>>34175951

If OP is so inclined Look up Col. John S. Mosby. Get Used to working 80 - 100 hour work weeks

>3 classes at college (3 hours in class, 9 hours outside work) maybe more maybe less

>40 flat hours a week

>5 hours in gym/ 50 mins running
>>
File: BadAtLanguages_700_ENG_06.jpg (226KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
BadAtLanguages_700_ENG_06.jpg
226KB, 700x394px
>>34175991
No ROE(per say) Gun everything as they are not officially US citizens on this one. Honestly conjecture but threads and speculation about that arose in 2016. Literally a new Cowboy front
Yeah maybe for the russians...
>>
>>34175623
>>34175702
>>34175841
>>34175864
>>34175897
>>34175951
>>34175991
OP here, thanks for the information. I'm very interested in modern Guerilla warfare, which lead to my interest in the Green Berets.

I'll soon be reading 'The Guerilla Factory' which is written by a former operator now trainer of them, so Im hoping ill get more out of that
>>
>>34175991
>No ROE

We couldn't gun someone down because they weren't a US Citizen. Only enemy combatants, or civilians who broke protocol ie: driving to close to convoy, failure to yield, etc

Now the invasion was different. They didn't smoke civvies on purpose, but they also didn't go out of their way to be careful.
>>
>>34176058
This.
>>34175991
Where did you say you were and what experience did you have in this besides stories you were told?.. Because you're admitting to war crimes right now.
>>
File: HT_jim_gantmar_1406232.jpg (128KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
HT_jim_gantmar_1406232.jpg
128KB, 992x744px
>>34176032
Look up Jim Gant, he's a pretty interesting fellow. He went full Lawrence of Arabia in Afghanistan before getting eventually fired.

https://warontherocks.com/2014/04/the-rise-and-fall-of-major-jim-gant/
>>
Truth: when most civilians think of special forces they think of direct action. Green berets can do that, and do from time to time, but they specialize in FID/UW which the public knows little to nothing about and Hollywood doesn't really touch on.
>>
File: National-Guard-.gif (100KB, 1202x1202px) Image search: [Google]
National-Guard-.gif
100KB, 1202x1202px
>>34174552
>Has anyone here had experience with them?
11 years and just reenlisted for 3 more. 19th Group. I'm not 18 series, but still deeply involved with the teams on a regular basis. It's real cool shit man.

>Recommend joining them?
Yes. Guard SF is a safer way than active duty. If you don't make the cut, you can always ride along in a Support Company. That's what I did. If you're really interested, just Google it.

>>34174552
>The 18x program killed it.
There's a visible difference between the cool guys that are there for the real thing and the kids that slugged it through the Q because they think it's cool.

inb4 Nasty Girl. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>34176132
he also went full retard coming up with some bullshit reason to bring his baby momma to afghanistan
>>
They're not as high speed low drag as other special forces so they don't get discussed much. I'd highly recommend a book called "hammer head six" by ronald fry; it will.give you a great picture of what they are meant to do
>>
>>34176174
Not OP, but I've got a few questions if you've got the time.
What was SFRE like?
Is there a separate program for selecting officers?
Which personnel are airborne qualified? Support or only 18-series? Yourself?
What type of civilian jobs do the 18-series guys have if any?
>>
>>34176192
He did go full retard. It looks like he burned out after years of doing a great job and self-sabotaged, many such cases.
>>
I've met a lot of Green Berets as my dad's students, coworkers, and friends.
They have all been great dudes.
Not cocky like every SEAL I've met.
They're genuinely nice people.
Smart as hell too.
One of the most interesting jobs you can get in the military.
>>
>>34176174

You ever work with CCTs? What'd you think?
>>
>>34176174
Do you do/know about the gorilla training bit too? If so, I was wondering a couple things:

With regard to the incompetence of these Middle Eastern militias, they often get ragged on because they don't give a fuck and have no loyalty, which makes them shit. Is any part of them being shit simply down to the lack of training, or is the largest majority simply their attitude?

Secondly, how practical would it be for a gorilla force to train itself using downloaded army manuals and shit like that that's publicly available, but without access to anyone with military experience?
>>
They are rangers with 8 months of language and psychology training. They transcend the need to kill the enemy, they break bread with the enemy and convince the enemy of their enemies to fight eachother.
>>
>>34176229
>Not cocky like every SEAL I've met.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlCW90DaJHY
>>
>>34176253
>Secondly, how practical would it be for a gorilla force to train itself using downloaded army manuals
Like Afghan villagers in the middle of buttfuckistan?
>>
We had two on exchange for Borneo. An officer and an NCO. I liked them both, and the officer went on to be very senior. The NCO later commissioned himself and we remain friends.

Anecdotal, but they (the Green Berets in general) performed very well at the then British Army jungle school at Johore. They learned everything thoroughly and were a welcome addition. Subsequent meetings with them as a unit were always looked forward to and valuable for all involved. Sharp contrast with the USN types I met in a similar capacity, who were as arrogant as they were foolish. That was a small group, and I am informed they were sorted out in due course, but they were far less convincing.
>>
>>34176079
Collateral damage isn't a war crime nig-nog
>>
>>34176226
>SFRE
An official SFRE was not a thing when I joined. However, there was a specific training for guys who were going to attend SFAS. It consisted of Drill weekends with lots of PT and land nav training and one AT event where you participated in a mock SFAS. It was a serious ball kicker, as much or more so that SFAS itself.

>Is there a separate program for selecting officers?
Not real sure about the officer level, but they were on the training team with us suffering the same shit. O2 promotables and O3's.

>Which personnel are airborne qualified?
Everyone. Even the fat mechanics and cooks in the FSB.

>What type of civilian jobs do the 18-series guys have if any?
All of the kinds that you can think of. I'm pretty sure Tim Kennedy(big MMA guy) is Guard. Some guys just Guard bum it, going to lots of different schools and JCET's. Or they hop on deployments with active Groups a lot. Some guys even have real normie jobs like retail and construction.
>>
>>34175841
the 18X program has been around since the 80 dumb ass. What "killed it" was the rapid expansion of SF and the continuous meat grinder because the Generals all thought they could just throw SF at it and magically fix it.
>>
>>34176297
Good stuff. Thanks, man.
>>
>>34176301

>SOF cannot be mass produced

Everyone forgets this.
>>
>>34176274
Like English villagers in the middle of Britcuckistan.
>>
>>34176244
Yes. High speed radio operators.
>>
>>34176253
>Secondly, how practical would it be for a gorilla force to train itself using downloaded army manuals and shit like that that's publicly available, but without access to anyone with military experience?

Not the poster, but this often ends in disaster. You need the framework. Even when people with real experience are present, you can very quickly find yourself in a "Colonel Callan" situation. You need that structure to guide the experience and if you don't have either then you're dealing with a rabble, something that will fall apart at even the slightest challenge.

In the 1970s and 1980s I was employed to work this sort of thing out, so whilst I do have experience in it I am out of date. All of those FMs and BATT learning processes were designed to be taught to those already equipped and lead, but not trained. You were adding to something that was already present and the challenge was doing so effectively, under pressure, not starting something from the ground up.
>>
>>34175951
>globalist threats
anon, idk where you've been but the US has been the globalists for quite a while now.
interesting info nonetheless, got any books or sources you recommend?
>>
>>34176297
The issue with going SF in the ARNG is their optempo is so high it absolutely murders peoples civilian careers. I'm a police officer and I'm in the ARNG and I haven't tried out for SF in my state (20th) group because of how much of a burden it would be on my civilian job, and my agency is faaaaaaaaaar more flexible and forgiving than pretty much any other civilian employer.
>>
>>34176306
I think there's a difference between mass production and smartly increasing size. In this population are plenty of individuals who can be sof, its really having the qualified instructors, facilities and capabilities to rapidly increase size.
>>
>>34174552
>called green berets
>they don't have green berets
>>
>>34176710
>I think there's a difference between mass production and smartly increasing size

The issue is that you end up with the former despite attempts to restrict it to the latter and the more you expand the closer you get. This is inherent to all institutions, not just military ones, and especially in western democracies
>>
File: 21df5bfc750d1814d7d2d726fac82f33.jpg (355KB, 1000x845px) Image search: [Google]
21df5bfc750d1814d7d2d726fac82f33.jpg
355KB, 1000x845px
>>34174552
>>
File: 1496424726059.jpg (123KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496424726059.jpg
123KB, 720x960px
>>34176008
>>34176032
>>34176058
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-11/orders-for-u-s-forces-in-syria-don-t-get-shot

Here ya go mother fuckers

>>34176174
Why national guard aren't there only 3 guard SF units?? get to go College and bang chicks?

>>34176297
>You're beefy
>>
>>34174552
My uncle was in 10th group, I was an 18x that washed out of the Q post selection. I still work at bragg as an 11b. ama
>>
>>34177229
>I was an 18x that washed out
What was it that made you quit?
>>
File: 1496154132087.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496154132087.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>34177229
what happened?
>>
File: 1479740299870.png (1016KB, 838x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479740299870.png
1016KB, 838x1080px
>>34177199
>Why national guard aren't there only 3 guard SF units??
19th and 20th Group. With their various Companies scattered across several states east to west coast. Why you ask? If you don't survive SFAS, or the Q for whatever reason(attrition is extraordinarily high), you don't get needs of they Army'd into the 82nd or the 173rd. You can slide into the Support Company and either ride out your contract while collecting all the cool benefits, or actually make a pretty bitchin' career out of it and still get to travel around the world with the fucking Special Forces.

>You're beefy
Thanks.
>>
>>34177262
not him, but lots of guys can and do fail out of their Q course. Test time comes and they choke. I remember reading about some guy that had washed out of Weapons Sgt course, but was going around telling people he had made it. And I bet the 18D Q course has a pretty good wash out rate too.
>>
File: 1467556816175.jpg (45KB, 262x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467556816175.jpg
45KB, 262x394px
>>34177229
>ama
Enjoying all of this steamy, temperate rainforest weather we're having lately?

Did they offer you the option of going to Italy, or just shove you in to the 82nd?
>>
>>34174552
In college I did ROTC and the NCOIC was a green beret sniper who had been in the army forever (his first deployment was Panama) and was only teaching cause he got badly injured in Iraq. Dude was operator as fuck. He had the tower of power (Airborne tab, Ranger tab, and SF tab). In the front entrance as with many military buildings there was a block of portrait photographs showing COC from the president down to battalion level leadership and the cadets replaced the photo of the NCOIC with a picture of Rambo, it somehow managed to stay up for 2 years. He was incredibly dedicated to training his cadets and also super chill in a Mike from Breaking Bad kind of way. Always zen, you could tell he knew what he was talking about and he didn't feel the need to prove it to anyone but not in an arrogant sort of way. Strangest thing was he drove a Prius.
>>
>>34177346
>Strangest thing was he drove a Prius.
did you expect him to drive a raised pick up truck with a Cummings Turbo Diesel and side stacks?
>>
>>34177390
Honestly, kinda. I just always thought it was a bit funny given the kind of person one normally pictures driving a Prius.
>>
>>34177390
kek. I think there's a real mentality thing with a lot of SF dudes compared to standard line infantry. I'm in the NG and share an armory with 20th group.

The guys in my unit (standard 11b) all drive huge jacked up trucks with a million infantry stickers and their blue cords hanging on the mirror.

The SF guys are super laid back and you wouldn't even suspect them to be SOF.

I honestly hate my unit for the aforementioned reasons. Finishing up my degree in a year and tempted to give selection a go. I'll be 28.
>>
>>34177296
>lots of guys can and do fail out of their Q course
That doesn't sound very efficient though. I wonder if it is because people come poorly prepared or if the wrong type of people are allowed to attend.
>>
>>34177474
look at it from an ivy league school in the 50's. You apply and include your test scores, maybe an essay, etc. You get selected and they accept you. Then you have to perform at a rigorous level until you achieve your degree. Things happen. Some people slipped by and shouldn't haven been accepted... others couldn't keep up with the classes.
>>
>>34175897
If you mean the 'Black Hawk Down' event, that was just Rangers and Deltas. Your boy Hemmingway isnt even good enough of a LARPer to get his source material right.
>>
>>34177567

>just Rangers and Deltas

You forgot the PJs.
>>
File: 1495414252364.jpg (15KB, 403x537px) Image search: [Google]
1495414252364.jpg
15KB, 403x537px
>>34177474
There's a lot of peer review during the entire Q. If you can't get along with your peers you're going to get cut. With that said, some really good guys get the cut because the "clique" of their class didn't like them. The clique is usually the much younger 18X kids that have been together since Benning and cant' figure out how to share pink slips responsibly, so they give the old guy all their pink slips.

There's also integrity violation shit that can get a whole crowd of dudes rolled up and kicked out.

Second hand SERE story
>"Hey guys, my buddy a couple classes up hid this beef jerky out here for me. Want some?" >"Sure"
>cadre hiding in the tree line comes out and is like lol u fags are busted
>everyone involved got kicked out
>>
>>34177726
Savage
> Throughout the final stages of SFAS, individual candidates will be peer-reviewed by their fellow soldiers. Positive reviews are known as blue slips, while negative ones are called pink slips. At the completion of SFAS, the cadre of Special Forces soldiers selected to screen the candidates will take into account the aggregate of colored slips when deciding which candidates will move on to the Special Forces qualification course.
>>
>>34175897
>he might have been stolen valor
There's an exorbitant amount of that. More on the Guard side I think though. Admin guys can be especially unscrupulous when it comes to building their own ERB to be all kinds of fucking awesome they're not, to include being Special Forces.

True story. One dude paper tabbed himself and went an entire deployment as an 18Z (Team SGT). It wasn't until later when they realized what an incredible piece of shit he was and shit he said that didn't match up that they investigated his background.
>>
>>34177726
Had a guy from unit go to SFAS. He's mid 30's... real mature, smart, perfect PT score, etc. He said the first group of guys he was with were older and squared away. Then he was bunched with a bunch of 18x's and they were doing dumb shit and peered him out.
>>
>>34177916
>Then he was bunched with a bunch of 18x's and they were doing dumb shit and peered him out.
That's how it goes sometimes. The smart thing to do is decide ahead of time that you're all going to give a different person your pink slip. That way no one collects a pile of pink. The cadre know this goes on, but they let it slide because it's literally team work in action and that's what the whole thing is about to start with.

The 18X program isn't completely terrible. Generally the ones that make it aren't total dirt bags. There could be some tougher prerequisites on it though. Like being significantly older than 21. There's only so much life experience a 21 year old dude has outside of college, or just barely startinng to figure our how life works. But that's just like my opinion.
>>
>>34178010
Yeah I do wonder about that. I know many Rangers are younger going into Regiment. Then it seems like the prime guys in SF and potentially other units are in their 30's... some 40's. I'll be curious to see how that pans out in the future with modern medicine and such.

You would think doing classic SF mission with high stakes would be better for people that have some wisdom. It's just a matter of having a body that can keep up with it.
>>
>>34175864
....I can anecdotal tell you my grandfather was one of the first hand picked for green berets.

He spent the Vietnam war in Cambodia training Cambodians how to fight. Definitely nothing posh about that.
>>
>>34174552
when i was in alternative school in 8th grade my teacher was an ex green beret. Sometimes talked about nam, saw him bodyslam an uncooperative melanin enriched classmate. bretty cul dude
>>
>>34174552
Btw I was playing Opfor for an active duty SF group. They had a CW4 there who was really running shit. He was cool as fuck. When I brought up the book that Op's pic is the cover of... "the only thing worth dying for" he got real mad. Not like "I lost my friends from that ODA" but more so "Fuck that author". I still dk why.
>>
>>34174552
Like Delta and most of the Army, ODA are quiet professionals. Unlike the fucking Navy, which is full of faggot "bro-perators" who can't stop talking about themselves, Seals, Marines and Marsoc.
>>
So if a 35M went to and passed Q-course, would he be deployed with an ODA or stuck in a support role?
>>
>>34179122
That's not how it works. SF support doesn't go through the Q. Only people actually trying out to become a 18 series. Anyone from any MOS can tryout as long as you meet the requirements.
>>
>>34177593
and a couple of SEALs
>>
>>34174552
3 dudes from my platoon when i was in went to selection. 1 failed out twice, "got sick" the first time, straight up quit the second. Two passed their first time, one was my team leader for a little while, another was a member of my team and a close friend of mine.

Both of them are now members of SF, but i've mostly haven't kept contact with either since they left and I've since ETS'd
>>
>>34176174
How's Utah treating you?
>>
>>34177868
I've been AD and Guard and I think it's equally bad on both sides. I currently know of an E8 under investigation because somehow when he promoted to E8, he also somehow got a ranger tab and a pathfinder badge hat no one had ever seen him wear previously.
>>
>>34179273
So even a cook could become an opr8r if he trained monomaniacally and passed Q?
>>
File: f02b692367a.jpg (8KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
f02b692367a.jpg
8KB, 480x268px
>>34180007
Yes, just not any cook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0gGIMaQZJs
>>
>>34176174
In utah and want to join NGSF. 29 years old, working on getting my record expunged, and as soon as i do im joining. Just got a new high paying job, but i need to do this shit.
>>
>>34176174
>>34180129
Do you guys know anything about the Guard SFAS? Am i correct on thinking you go together with enlisted and Guard into the SFAS at bragg?
>>
>>34180505
Yes. It's the same SFAS. Typically in the guard you will have to attend a SFRE... aka special forces readiness evaluation. Most people usually realize then that they're in over their head.

You can get the equivalent of an 18x contract through the guard called a Rep 63 contract. Typically though guys that get that are not the average 21 year old zit faced faggot. Usually it's a dude on a swat team or whatever.

If you are going guard and have an interest in SF go SF support. I in a sense regret my choice of going straight 11b in the guard. My unit is filled with a bunch of losers. Sorry, just telling the truth. SF support gets to do way cooler shit and has way better gear, and works directly to support the ODAs. They deploy way more though so be prepared for that.
>>
Where do people get the idea that the 18X program is ruining Special Forces? The overwhelming majority of them don't even make it. If I remember correctly, less than a hundred make it a year.

>The typical wash-out rate for 18X candidates is over 90%, with most quitting prior to SFAS attendance.

http://www.nationalguardsf.com/special_forces.shtml#faq
>>
>>34180941
Hm that sounds nice going support. But I am sure you can also have the chance to go to SFAS after a year of support right?
>>
>>34181335
Definitely that's the idea. You can in a sense test the waters by starting out going support. You will go to airborne school because everyone has to go. From there, maybe you realize that being on an ODA is not for you. Perhaps the job you do is something that you care about and you like where you are. Maybe you do want to go to selection, well you're at the right place already. I think it will give you a much better perspective on the in's and out's of SOF as opposed to being in a standard line unit like me. Totally different world. Even in the guard.
>>
>>34181219
the overwhelming majority of active duty applying dont make it either, SOF selection is hard period
>>
>>34175702
Are you talking about the same drug head faggot who shot and killed a Green Beret in the middle of the night who was sharing the same home? Shot him 5 times and the guy ran out to neighbors and died, the tough bastard. While this fucking clown Schweitzer proceeds to shoot two officers who came to the scene. THAT Ben Schweitzer? Where the fuck do you work, McDonalds?
>>
>>34175897
I had a professor who was a Green Beret in Vietnam. During the course of the semester he told us and showed a couple of photos of him(one in the service) but declined to speak anything more about it, stating "I can't bring myself to speak out my experience there" and stated that during some flights he would see these weird little islands in the middle of the oceans (atolls) and vowed that if he survived he would like to visit one and learn about the people. Sure enough, he did, he became an anthropologist and lived with some people on an atoll for a time. He spoke indepth about the actions of humans take and their "ethos," or lack thereof. Great man, I think. I'm an oldfag and this(my class with the man) was probably 20 years ago. Definitely not legit guy.
>>
More pics of berets doing badass beret shit pls
>>
>>34176192
You gotta appreciate a man who so committed to helping the region and make it safe that he would bring his own family there to prove to you that he is!

No matter what, most people say that he had the right idea on making effective change and progress, but it wasn't obviously the goal of the military industrial complex. I can see how someone could get burned out going up against them instead of guys in sandals living in mud huts.
>>
>>34177466
good luck man
>>
>>34176253
>gorilla training
>>
>>34176296
>edgelord
>>
>>34176376
>>globalist threats
>globalists

Also, go back to /pol/ you nitwit
>>
File: che gorillara.jpg (68KB, 620x439px) Image search: [Google]
che gorillara.jpg
68KB, 620x439px
>>34184809
What's it to ya, bub?
>>
Glorified instructors who didn't want to go down the actual coolguy pipeline that is rangers to delta.

term "special forces" has just a stigma to public due to hollywood that one can't help but be utterly disappointed when you realize what it actually means.
>>
>>34176265
does this shit actually impress people
>>
>>34175871
It used to be where you have to be an 11B for a while to apply, much like MARSOC works.

A lot of current Green berets wish the 18x program doesnt exist because its a pain in the ass more than it isnt.
>>
>>34177466
If its what you want to do in life, you COULD die after all you have done, you could go through with life and regret it.
The average Green Beret is like 32, dont worry about your age

Gotta make those pros and cons man.
>>
Green Berets are actually the only Special Operations Forces (S.O.F.) in the whole US army
>>
File: tmacs1.JPG.w560h373[1].jpg (39KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
tmacs1.JPG.w560h373[1].jpg
39KB, 560x373px
>>34185488
wat
>>
File: SpecialForcesTabMetal.jpg (6KB, 200x74px) Image search: [Google]
SpecialForcesTabMetal.jpg
6KB, 200x74px
>>34185488
>>34185501
You mean the only SF. SOF goes for all the other special units.

The lines between using the terms SF and SOF got a bit blurry since 2001 and SOF got so much publicity. Within the community when you say special forces or SF you refer to units of 1st Special Forces Command. "Green Berets"
>>
>>34184648

Yesh thsts the one. And no, we're roofers
>>
my uncle was in 8th group, he passed away i have one of his berets
>>
>>34186083

>>34186083
My neighbor was in germany most of his career, from late 70s till mid 90s. Talked about different units that arent around anymore, like the 8th, and 39th SFG.
>>
>>34185501
pat was an 18x and hes an awesome guy
>>
>>34186451
That's anecdotal though. Recruiting people to go straight into a SF selection prgram is a questionable move, it means the SF are a complete separate force and not just the best picked from big army units. It's essentially giving up on regular units as an effective fighting force now its made up of 18x rejects that don't want to be there.
>>
>>34184648

Were you in the same unit with guy or something how do you know all that?
>>
>>34174552
Go do some research on "Lawrence of Afghanistan" Interesting stuff..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FyYA7eIThk&t=324s
>>
File: 1490038034382.png (12KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490038034382.png
12KB, 212x238px
>>34187836
When you actually start making progress in the middle east < ABORT
>>
>>34184734
>Definitely not legit guy.
Sorry, meant DEFINITELY LEGIT GUY
>>
>>34185284
You can die walking your doggie
>>
>>34184381
But they're not failing at the same rate X-rays are. An insignificant amount of soldiers are getting into Special Forces through the 18X program.
>>
>>34185784
>roofers
Hahaha. Labor job for no education degenerate losers. Fucking Mexicans can do that shit. I had three roofs done in the past 5 years, all the workers were Mexican and Ecuadorian. The owner and a couple other dudes where Guidos and Eastern Euro, Albanians I think since they work well with Guidos.
>>
>>34185174
Holy shit, people in this thread are so fucking retarded and have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. This whole thread is trash and completely full of keyboard generals spouting complete bullshit about something they clearly have no clue about.
>>
>>34189112
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>34189242
Fuck off, you're not a SEAL and if you were you wouldn't be telling everyone on the internet and saying all that stupid shit.
Why the fuck did you type up all that shit when you're probably some fatass sitting at home on his computer.
Fuck you, you fake
>>
File: 1466046256742.jpg (53KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
1466046256742.jpg
53KB, 474x595px
>>34189762
Confirmed 16 year old
>>
>>34189762
Are you reverse trolling me, bitch? You getting all meta up in this shit?
>>
>>34177452

Some people have enough substance to not need to show off.

Others, well...>>34177466
>>
>>34189762
Fucking newfag.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170607-213347.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170607-213347.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>34187836

Everybody mustve been kicked out if theyre cool with no blurring of the faces.
>>
>>34191970
>you'll never get to go native with Major Gant and do a classic SF mission the way it's supposed to be
>you'll never carry an AK and minimum kit
>you'll never do what makes common sense
>you'll never be in combat fighting among your afghan brothers with 100% loyalty and care for the cause
>you'll never smoke hash, drink, and take pain killers while banging your qt war whore gf after a night of patrols

Fuckkk
>>
File: 1426990202734.jpg (16KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1426990202734.jpg
16KB, 300x277px
>>34189762
Not sure if legitimate bite or not, but if it is holy shit.
>>
>>34185501

*blocks your private sale*
>>
>>34189762
>hoping is reverse bait
>>
>>34192052
feels bad
>>
File: 1399672642618.jpg (35KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1399672642618.jpg
35KB, 500x332px
Do officers ever operate or are they just admin/desk jockeys
>>
>>34175966
HOUSE TO HOUSE
STREET TO STREET
KICK IN DOORS
EYES UP MEN WATCH FOR SNIPERS
WE'LL DRAG THIS CITY FROM THEIR HANDS ONE BLOCK AT A TIME!
>All while gun fire and blasts are going off, screams of men dying, or killing. Truly a glorious picture of warfare.
>>
>>34175623

That explains why Big Boss was a green beret before he joined FOX.
>>
>>34193211
Depends. Infantry Officers operate, that should be an obvious one.
>>
>>34193429
Is that a Chris "American Sniper(TM)"Kyle quote? Please send $$ to Taya "American Whore(TM)"Kyle.
>>
>>34193211
1 second google search:
>Michael Patrick "Murph" Murphy (May 7, 1976 – June 28, 2005) was a United States Navy SEAL officer
>>
>>34189015

Slick, whats slick? What is that?
>>
>>34189054

>implying I give a 2 shits

Im getting paid scale, and I KNOW I have better&more guns than you
>>
>>34196263
Hmm... gonna doubt that very much. No roofing job today? I sit in an office and have to stare at several monitors all day and including the juicy Comey testimony as it affects markets.
>>
>>34177466
Fuck, i wish I could talk with you more about this subject. By the time I finish my degree I will be 27~ and am thinking about either enlisting after or getting into my county sheriffs dept and go NG with a rep63 contract.
>>
>>34192052
hits hard n i q q a
>>
>>34174552
I remember when I would walk my dog out in the field I would always see this old Vietnam era Green Beret going on 10 mile walks with this huge ass stick. He was honestly the opposite of how I expected a Green Beret from Vietnam

I remember talking to him and the guy somehow ended up getting into Green Beret selection. Then during whatever Green Beret indoc shit they did during the the 60's the instructors kept telling him to leave but he completely refused and kept insisting he would comeback.

Granted the guy must had seen some shit, I remember he told me his biggest regret was not going as a AF pilot or some cushy AF job like his dad but he was afraid of flying so he just went Army.

Also my "college" has a 5'4 Green Beret hispanic green beret who has a hard on for SERE shit, guys insane.
>>
>>34177346
A couple of stories. One of the cadets asked him why he went special forces and he said "When I was a kid, I saw Rambo. It changed my life." So the cadets took him to see the new Rambo movie when it came out. He gave us our law of war class and during the portion on wearing foreign uniforms he talked about how a guy on his alpha team used to sometimes put on a burka to go on the roof of a building and scout things out. We also had a major who was 5th group support and he swore one of the guys on the alpha teams had a small sword and that he was taunted endlessly for it, his reasoning was "Ya never know".
>>
>>34201915
I knew a bad ass SF dude. He would wear other peoples faces and shit. He was good at killing people. His name was Jaqen H'ghar, he was a Sgt Major, i think.

What is it with this Mickey Mouse buillshit?
>>
>>34202561
i still dont know what the mickey mouse part of this phrase means
>>
>>34177346
Was his last name Gavrilis by any chance? Sounds exactly like my best friends father, even down to the friggin hybrid car.
>>
>>34189054
Look at this fat dork who can't into manual labor like a real man. I hope you fucked get Lou Gehrig disease.
>>
>>34189762
underageb& confirmed
>>
>>34203980
How old are you?
>>
>>34174552
What type of training do the green berets go under? Any parachuting? That's honestly a scary fear for me, I wonder how the army breaks that fear out of you
>>
>>34205825
You must be airborne qualified and I believe they are transitioning to having everyone MFF qualed as well.
>>
>>34202561
What can I say, he was well liked by cadets. I just think that ROTC is a good place to put a wounded operator because green berets train indigenous forces so it only makes sense to have them giving tactical training to the next generation of officers.
>>34204113
Different guy
>>34205825
Airborne school is a pre req for pretty much any spec ops or spec ops capable unit.
>>
>>34176297
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lOKq505Ghtg

Tim Kennedy just recently reenlisted
>>
>>34206009
Tim Kennedy annoys the shit out of me. He's 20 times more operator than I am etc. but he can just never shut up about how great he is.

Every interview of his "I'm a special forces sniper ranger bad ass fuck yeah". It gets tiresome.
>>
Had my dick sucked by 1. Preddy good, would recommend if you get the oppourtunity
>>
>>34176132
I read the book his wife put together, "American Spartan". Cringey title, but its well written and while it does defend almost all of Gant's actions the book also shows that he was basically in theatre for two years without leave and that after a while he got so burned out that he was becoming a threat to both himself and his men.
>>
>>34177097
You know they're Royal Marines, right?
>>
>>34209552

Yes, and your point is what exactly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_beret
>>
>>34189762
Is this your first day on 4chan? That is one of the stales copypastas not only on /k/ but on the whole site, and I have even seen it outside of 4chan.
>>
>>34205949
Damn how do you get out of the fear of airborne? Do they snap it out of you?
>>
>>34204291
Hey Cletus, are you saving up to "start your own roofing business?" Do you have a pickup truck and a ladder?
>>
>>34206009
>>34206045
Also, he's a white trash MMA UFC "supastar"
>>
>>34210339
a true silent professional
>>
>>34206045
i wonder if hes well liked in his team
>>
>>34211582
>They send him in first
>>
File: 1491424720680.jpg (61KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
1491424720680.jpg
61KB, 800x528px
Anyone know if this is Jim Gant?
>>
>>34211582
I'm going to guess nice guy, hard worker, giant tool.
>>
>>34210321
Wow, you're telling me with a little know how and some hard work I could own a company, fuck I love the USA.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.