[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing In Possibly non-deadly confrontations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2883.jpg (57KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2883.jpg
57KB, 800x587px
Is it true that you get an ADW charge for pulling a knife during a confrontation (defensive obviously) and not using it, but it's perfectly legal (other than in cuck brandishing law states) to draw your gun as long as you don't point it at anybody?

Example 1: You're walking down the street and you see two people scuffling and you draw your weapon just in case you have to use it

Example 2: Some unarmed crackhead is asking for money and gets aggressive, you back up a few steps and draw your knife/gun.

You can draw a firearm even if you don't fear for your life, but you can't fire it until you fear for your life right? I've read some places that you can draw your weapon (not really point it at somebody though) and it's considered "force" but not "deadly force" until you use it. "non deadly force" being akin to tazing/punching/macing somebody
>>
>>34173931
>Ex 1
Shoulda called the police, pulled out your phone, and preemptively yell Whirl Star.
>Ex 2
You shoot him or stab him hard enough to run away. Police will side with whoever's not on crack and trying to buttscoot towards them.
>>
> Drawing In Possibly non-deadly confrontations
It becomes a deadly confrontation as soon as you draw a gun.
>>
Don't be the faggot that escalates
>>
>>34176472
Fucking this. The firearm is the last ditch resort. You don't carry because you want to use, but because you want it if you have to use.
>>
>>34174475
underrated post
>>
Many states have "brandishing" laws. That is one of the fears caring a gun lawfully. If someone were to say I brandished my gun and got lucky knowing I carry, I'm fucked. Then the line of questioning, how did they know you had a gun if you didn't show it? Why do you have a gun? The end result is expensive lawyer fees and a possible felony charge.
>>
>>34173931
>carry a spare gun
>at the start of a confrontation, quickly throw the spare gun at the crackhead, followed up by a Mozambique drill
>"my response was entirely justified officer, he had a gun"
>>
>>34177080
Solution to this, carry an oddly colored weapon. Tell the cop to ask the accuser what color your weapon is. (Assuming they havent seen it)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.