[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife/ CQC defense thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: download (6).jpg (3KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
3KB, 259x194px
Hi /k/omandos

I'm currently thinking about leaving my life behind and living in my car, becoming a nomad kinda. Safety is a concern obviously, but I'm not old enough to buy a handgun and there's not any readily available way for me to get one.

Tl/dr, what are some good brands of fixed blade knives/ rifles I could use for CQC defense?

Sorry I'm not much of a weapons guy, just need some quick advice
>>
File: 37580-DEFAULT-l[1].jpg (34KB, 1350x800px) Image search: [Google]
37580-DEFAULT-l[1].jpg
34KB, 1350x800px
>>34173463
>not old enough to buy a handgun
Well I'm not really going to recommend knives. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about them and I think they are a poor substitute for a firearm.

The rifles that I would recommend are short in overall length. Of course, this would be an ideal option when you're travelling light and staying in the confines of a vehicle. The absolutely retarded thing is that you are literally old enough to buy an AR-15, but not an AR pistol. So the pistol option is gone. ARs get pretty damn compact however and getting a pinned and welded muzzle device would make the rifle around 32" with a collapsed stock.

Because of your age, I'm going to guess you aren't made of money and all of this AR-15 advice is moot. If that is the case, I recommend a pump-action shotgun. Pic related is new to the market, already pretty popular, and relatively cheap.

If you are super broke, I'd go for a melee weapon with a bit more reach. Tomahawks and nightsticks afford you standoff that a knife doesn't.
>>
>>34173463
>fucking your life up this bad before your even old enough to buy a handgun
Godamn
>>
we become strong men by taking on more responsibility, not running from it.
>>
>>34173673
>>34173679
Honestly OP this. I know people who did exactly what you are planning and they're pretty much just druggie hobos wandering about without purpose.
>>
>>34173463
Have you considered a black powder revolver? These are often legal for under-21 people to purchase
>>34173656
>pistol grip only shotgun
never get one of these for a practical purpose ever, they are range toys exclusively
>>
>>34173463
>>34173656
Another route that you could go with is a semi automatic .22 rifle. The Ruger 10/22 Takedown collapses into a very small package that is easy to transport. The disadvantage here is that the rifle takes a while to reassemble and isn't really that compact when put together. They are relatively inexpensive.

Lever guns are excellent and they sell many in common pistol calibers. However, these guns are not typically cheap.
>>
>>34173707
>never get one of these for a practical purpose ever, they are range toys exclusively
Bullshit. They offer a real advantage over other options when your storage space is highly constricted.

Example: living in a car
>>
File: sleep.jpg (147KB, 536x894px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
147KB, 536x894px
check /out/ - outdoors .

>>>/out/1027339
>>
File: hogue_tamer_pistol_grip31.jpg (77KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
hogue_tamer_pistol_grip31.jpg
77KB, 600x541px
>>34173707
that's not a pistol grip, kiddo. pic related is a pistol grip.

>>34173463
seconding shotgun option. the shockwave first post anon recommended would be pretty great imo.

t. own a longer Remington 870 w/ exact same grip, its slightly too large for inside a vehicle. you do get more rounds though.
>>
>>34173463
You are a fucking idiot
>>
>>34173707
>pistol grip only shotgun
>never get one of these for a practical purpose ever

Typically I'd agree with you. But in this case you'd have to consider the length savings to be a major benefit. The Shockwave memegun eliminates almost five inches compared to the Cruiser 500. That would already make it more suited for hiding under or beside a seat and much more feasible for engaging targets from inside the vehicle.
>>
>>34173841
>>34173805
>>34173656
He can't buy a pistol grip shotgun. Even the Shockwave until he's 21.
>>
>>34173865

Lul what shitty europoor country do yoyu live in that you cant buy a shotgun til 21?
>>
>>34173884
USA...you are dumb. A full stock shotgun is legal to purchase at 18.
>>
>>34173865
You can change the stock on a shotgun with a small screwdriver or a hex wrench, noguns. Whether that is legal in your vicinity is your problem.
>>
>>34173904
It's illegal for anyone under 21 to own anything but a full stock firearm in all 50 US states. This has been the law for decades. I'm not saying I agree with it.
>>
>>34173463
If you aren't trained knives are a liability in a fight.
>>
>>34173463
>I'm currently thinking about leaving my life behind and living in my car, becoming a nomad kinda.

So you are barely out of diapers with no marketable, portable skills and want to go onnaroad? Go for it, but a firearm (remember state laws differ) is the least of your problems.

Teencunt angst is understandable but what makes this an intelligent economic choice and how does it fit into a rationally planned future?

Onnaroad isn't romantic, it's just being onnaroad. If you want to be nomad become a trucker and get fucking paid to be a nomad. Despite the /g/ tards trucking is complex and not likely to be throroughly robotized for many years. Meantime you can be making fucking money and if like plan to move into parts of trucking which won't be robotized like heavy wrecker and recovery.
>>
>>34173917
No. This is completely made up and you're stupid.
>>
File: ur-a-dumb-fgt.jpg (121KB, 745x444px) Image search: [Google]
ur-a-dumb-fgt.jpg
121KB, 745x444px
>>34173984
>>
>>34173984
You actually cannot buy anything but full size rifles and shotguns unless you are over 21.
>>
>>34173917
Are you retarded?
>>
>>34174013
You can still legally own them...
>>
>>34174032
>>34174013
>>34173984
Yeah, I fucking meant buy. The point still stands, this >>34173463 faggot can't get a shockwave.
>>
File: IMG_3493.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3493.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
A decent 3in locking folder is your best bet. Get a few of them.

The baseball bat of hatchet in the trunk is a good idea too.

Any tacticool combat shit will set a cops gaydar off pretty fast. They'll be less likely to confiscate a traditional pocket knife.
>>
>>34174032
Contrarian semantic nigger...
>>
>>34174058
>Say illegal to own
>Not actually illegal to own
>Semantics
>>
>>34173813
Thank you friend, inhale my Johnson
>>
>>34174094
You knew what the fuck he meant. You just wanted to be a faggot.

This post: >>34173865
was correct and you said it wasn't.

K.Y.S.
>>
>>34173463
Are you a poor white trash degenerate loser? Sounds like it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.