[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wat do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: wat_do.jpg (263KB, 1400x817px) Image search: [Google]
wat_do.jpg
263KB, 1400x817px
noguns newfag here with a question for the /k/ommandos. I wish to buy a firearm for home defense, so i did some window shopping and came to the conclusion of obtaining a simple 9mm or a 10mm glock.

wat do?
>>
>>34173337
Do you want a good gun?
Both fit this
Do you want to meme?
10m
Do you want lots of rounds?
Both do this
Do you want cheap ammo?
9mm
Do you reload?
10mm

I personally have a g20 and love it but I reload, most market 10mm is just 40. Now the other thing the 10mm glock will have more options for changing calibers. So if you like to play with your guns the g20 is better.
>>
thanks for the advice. Might end up with the 10mm . I like the idea of trying out different calibers.
>>
>>34173337
10 megamemer is overkill for home defense. 9mm offers plenty of terminal performance in addition to vastly more controllable recoil and more ammunition capacity. Training ammunition is also much much cheaper because if you can't hit what you're aiming at it's not going to matter if you're shooting a 9mm, 10mm, or a 30mm. You say you're a nogunz, new shooter...buy the 9 and 1000 rds of cheap blasting ammo.

Get a glock 17 9mm and load it with 18 124g HSTs.
>>
File: 1484852759616.gif (446KB, 499x408px) Image search: [Google]
1484852759616.gif
446KB, 499x408px
>>34173465
>overkill

what is this
>>
>>34173337
10mm best mm dont be a pussy faggot
>>
>>34173429
No problem, yea the glock is great for that diff mag and upper can swap out easy. They are quite modular. The 10mm being so high pressure you can go to .40 9mm etc etc.
>>
>>34173485
Overkill is excessive muzzle energy.
Overkill is excessive penetration.
Overkill is excessive recoil.

Why not a DE 50AE if all you're concerned about is making a big boom? Why the pussy 10mm when 50AE has more energy?
>>
>>34173595
>HURRRRRRR WHY NOT GIT A RECOILLESS RIFLE

>.22 BOUNCES INSIDE THE BODY BTW

almonds sprinting right now
>>
>>34173618
Well yeah, that's the point. You don't need a fucking cannon to stop Jamaal from slitting your throat and stealing your 40" flatscreen.
>>
>>34173670
>magdump .22 but jamaal still stabs you

vs

>magdump 10m and jamaal instantly turns into jello pudding

overkill is a shitty meme
>inb4 "HURRRRRRRRRRRR WHY NOT USE A HOWITZER"
>>
If you have the opportunity to shoot both I would do that first and decide based off that. I don't know if that's possible though so I'd just say to go for the 9mm since it will be easier to learn on and practice ammo is significantly cheaper.
>>
Get the 9mm. Cheaper ammo = more training, which has a much better chance of saving your boy hole from Jamal than a slight difference in wounding potential.
>>
>>34173337
If you are new buy a 9mm. The Glock 19 is the perfect beginner handgun. It is reliable, easy to maintain, and ammo is cheap. Cheap ammo means that you can practice more, and you need to practice.
>>
>>34173465
>handgun caliber
>overkill

yea, nah.
handguns are intrinsically harder to shoot well than long guns, and outside of going big bore revolvers, you might as well just get a 12ga shotgun for better control.

Get the 9mm, a 10mm out the gate for a newbie will probably surprise you a lot and you might develop a bigger flinch than with a 9mm. Not to mention a 10mm will be more expensive to shoot and practice with unless you buy very low powered cartridges, which defeats the purpose of a 10mm and the gun will shoot very differently vs. a hotter 10mm loaded for self defense.

Get the glock 17/19/26
shoot and get good and comfortable with it. THEN if you still have a hankering for the glock 20/29 or if you want a hiking gun but not a big fat revolver, get the 10mm.
>>
>>34173710

Im looking into getting a ruger 10 20 gor plinking and I was wondering how it would fare in home defense. Wouldnt landing 10 on the torso stop someone?
>>
>>34173818
idk man maybe?

>muh shot placement

just dont end up dead because you took advice from a Quebecois ceiling fan image board
>>
>>34173818

I wasno guns years back live in da hood n dwell in it.

My homeboy wanted to help friend sell a scratched serial .22 I assume 10/22 never saw it.

He asked me if I wanted to buy it telling me I can use it for protection ( yes , he dumb and dont know shit bout calibers or using a fuckin scratched of serial# gun in .a defense situation.

I just busted out laughing when he sed .22 told him to fuck outta here wit dat shit. What am I gonna protect my self from raccoons.

He was so confident when he told me dis shit.
>>
>>34174460
My bad forgot to say if a nigga from da hood laughed at da idea of a .22 rifle for HD

Dat should tell u ur answer.
>>
>>34173670
It would help though.
>>
>>34173792
The beretta 92 is the best starter handgun. You g19 fags need to jump off a fucking cliff.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.