[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOTG Questions that don't deserve their own thread general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 60

File: 55605896_p0.jpg (274KB, 1723x1331px) Image search: [Google]
55605896_p0.jpg
274KB, 1723x1331px
What gun is this? I google 89 R47 and get jack fuck.
>>
>>34171642
Looks like the Jap service rifle, Howa 89.
>>
File: mts255.jpg (42KB, 750x575px) Image search: [Google]
mts255.jpg
42KB, 750x575px
Why didn't revolver shotguns ever take off? Considering most shotguns are pretty low capacity, automatics can be finicky or expensive, and the cylinder gap shouldn't be a big problem with such a low pressure cartridge, it seems ideal. Plus it could use a polymer frame, making it lighter and cheaper to make.
>>
>>34172253
Just confusing since that's 5.56 and has no wood furniture.
Then again the artist does draw fictional versions of other real guns.
>>
>>34171642
is there a reason to not buy a pps m2
>>
How limiting is it to have an NFA item like an SBR or suppressor?
I don't mean like the doggo stamp or the wait period, I mean afterwards. Will I have trouble moving to other states, or any sorts of upkeep or things to worry about after the stamp has gone through?
I see myself moving around for a bit and while I want to start doing stuff like building an SBR, I don't want to cripple myself as far as moving prospects goes, since there's already the issue with being limited to states with good gun rules just by having guns at all.
>>
>>34172376
You'll never be allowed to move to California. Honestly, when I got my stamp I knew I would never move out of Texas anyway.
>>
File: Steyr M1895 8x56R Rifle.jpg (84KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr M1895 8x56R Rifle.jpg
84KB, 640x478px
>>34171642
8x50r Mannlicher, or 8x56r Mannlicher?
Also, carbine or long rifle version?
>>
Does a Minnesota permit to purchase work fine in Wisconsin? I'm just trying to get a lower reciever
>>
>>34172399
you don't need a permit to purchase a gun in WI, there's just a background check fee
>>
>>34172415
So you need to be a citizen to buy a gun legally?
>>
Should I purchase a separate threaded barrel and suppressor sights to add a can to my pistol (CZ75 pcr) or just get a host that will work better out of the box?
>>
>>34172388
>moving to California
I spent 10 years in that shithole, I'm never going back there if it's in my power.
There were no particular places I had in mind aside from avoiding Cali, New York, and the like at all costs. I just don't know all the long-term implications of having scary baby killer guns-with-shorter-barrels and evil black market assassination silencers if, for example, I had to move around for a job.
>>
>>34172415
sweet thanks
>>
>>34172444
of WI? No, but you need to "comply with all relevant laws" for a transfer which would necessitate a permit (if required) from the state of residence. A lot of FFLs may refuse to do it, or require it to just be bought then shipped to a FFL in the relevant state.
>>
How do 40mm grenades compare in power to standard frag grenades?
>>
Looking for the Picture of a Russian Soldier with a bunch of guns on his back and I what i think is a RPK in hands. Hes got a blue beret and a funny look on his face. To top it off it says in white meme print " don't make me call Ivan". I'd like to make another version of this meme, and I can find the picture.
Thanks to any one who can post and share.
>>
Can I buy a gun anywhere in the US if I'm not a US citizen?
>>
>>34173047
Yes you can. California is a great state for this, since it has some of the loosest gun laws in the country.
Get back to me with results of your endeavors.
>>
>>34173125
Hmm, I thought qtddtot and sqt threads were the same. I guess I was wrong
>>
File: 1483567173202.jpg (145KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
1483567173202.jpg
145KB, 680x932px
What's the meme behind blue tape on the butt stock?
(Pic semi related)
>>
>>34173450
Spetsnaz used it to tape mags together so it probably stems from that.
>>
>>34172340

It's made up. It's not real.

It's a Type 89 with a 7.62 conversion for AK mags. It's not a real thing it's something the artist came up with I guess. But it's no real.

It's not real.

It is not real.
>>
>>34172301
Gap flash
>>
So with Gander Mountain going out of business, I went to check the ammo and such(shit finally went on sale along with guns, if you're interested) and they were out of x54r. Everything else was in stock in some capacity, including 7mm Mauser and .303 Brit, I knew they had it in stock, but it was gone. Someone came through and took my nugget food, all of it.

What the fuck is up with the wide world off ammo hording is my question? From 22 to this, who the hell comes through and buys it all like that? And why wasn't it anything else? They had x39 by the cart full.
>>
>>34171642
was wondering if anyone knew what the name of the screw on a mossberg 500 or a mav 88 that connects the barrel to the shell tube and if it can be replaces, trying to make my mav 88 more aesthetic and the barrel and tube the same length.
>>
>>34173856
>What the fuck is up with the wide world off ammo hording is my question? From 22 to this, who the hell comes through and buys it all like that? And why wasn't it anything else? They had x39 by the cart full.
7.62x54r is jumping in price.
Imports are down and the Russians are using it in their Ukrainian and Syrian endeavors instead of selling it to us.

Crusty old baby boomer jews know they can buy it all up and sell it off at double the price at gun shows.
Remember .22 ammo during the Obama scares?

It was like $17 a brick.
The nasty old faggots would underhandedly buy everything up the second it came into stock and resell for $50-60 a brick at gun shows.
>>
>>34173864
Well never mind I found out the name of it but now does anyone know were i can find a custom mossberg 500 take down screw?
>>
File: 53709873_p0_master1200.jpg (767KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53709873_p0_master1200.jpg
767KB, 811x1200px
>>34171642
What about this pistol? It's on the tip of my tongue but I cannae name it..
>>
>>34173959
if you are trying to extend the capacity of a 500 changing the screw does nothing
you have to replace the tube and barrel
http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/magazine-tube-parts/magazine-tube-extensions/500-high-capacity-shotgun-kit-w-front-bead-sight-prod74622.aspx
of course at that point you could just spend 20 bucks more and get another 88 in the configuration you want so its pointless
>>
File: IMG_0418.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0418.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>34172398

that looks like the infantry version. does it have an "S" on the barrel?

if it has the "S" that should mean it was one of the ones converted for 8x56r
>>
>>34174512
its not real its a mishmash of 5 or more different pistols closest thing would be a berreta 92 with a cz grip and 1911 slide on it
feel like ive seen almost the exact thing in cheap airsoft.
>>
Does anyone have CAD files for Browning Hi Power and the FN FAL?
>>
File: 02.jpg (69KB, 750x1080px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
69KB, 750x1080px
>>34174581
Thanks. Darn shame, it's aesthetic.

I remember asking this on here back in '09, but what does the made up gun in the bottom left most closely resemble?
>>
File: SLR104 heavy.jpg (1MB, 3096x1562px) Image search: [Google]
SLR104 heavy.jpg
1MB, 3096x1562px
>>34173450
Izolenta my guy
>>
殴るだけの馬鹿ならナイフかハンマーで殴り殺した方が速いぞ
>>
The unloaded weights of the Gen 4 Glock 17, 22, and 31 are all slightly different and increase respectively. I know the milling of the slides of the 17 and 22 are different. My question is: How does the milling of the slide of the 22 and 31 differ?

The 31 is heavier than the 22 by 15 grams, or more than half an ounce. Is this difference due to the different weights of the barrels alone, or is there more material in the slide of the 31 when compared to the 22?
>>
>>34174666
assuming your being serious its a squished famas
>>
>>34174666
It doesn't resemble anything, it's a featureless block

Maybe a G11 if you're really reaching for a comparison

>666
nice digits fag
>>
>>34172301
Because tube magazine is literally best magazine. It's just not suitable for long pointy bullets. Hence box magazines. With shotgun shells they've got the diameter and lack of pointy so they're perfect for tubes.
>>
>>34174698
>>34174702
I remember a shotgun being mentioned though that looked similar.

Fair nuff tho.
>>
What's the proper name of that meme I see here sometimes where it's a black dude in an orange coat and in one picture he's got his hand up like "do not want" and in another pic he's waving his finger and smiling like "yeah, that's the stuff"?
>>
Hmm, looks like some weird mix of a PTR 32 and a SIG 556 chambered in 7.62x39. Surprised im the only one that could see that, guess theres alot of noguns in this thread.
>>
>>
>>34172301
Revolver carbines are shit, you can't hold them because of the cylinder gap.

Also, it would be very heavy and you would need a way to make the cylinder turn (like the spring on the striker) otherwise your "double action" would be 30 pounds.
>>
File: IMG_7318.jpg (49KB, 650x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7318.jpg
49KB, 650x367px
Anyone got info on Auto-Ordinance and Inland m1 carbines? Dug around some carbine forums, saw some comments on AO's having failure to feed issues. Couldn't get any info since the posts were two years ago and was trying to see if AO started putting out better quality. Also, looking for mounting options for a low power scope. There's 1913 rail options out there for a m1 carbine but that looked like a massive tumor.
>>
>>34174537
no as i said previously in the post i responded to i just want it for looks.
>>
File: 1482971563967.jpg (77KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1482971563967.jpg
77KB, 500x347px
I'm 21. I live in California and, with the exception of the gun laws, love living here. Is there any hope of the laws getting better in my lifetime, or is that a lost cause?
>>
File: IMG_7315.jpg (45KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7315.jpg
45KB, 540x405px
>>34174916
>Liberal hive
>Changing gun laws
>>
File: image.png (192KB, 1055x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192KB, 1055x383px
>>34174774
>>
File: crye_precision_six12.gif (850KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
crye_precision_six12.gif
850KB, 540x303px
>>34172301
There's still hope
>>
>>34174937
I just want to live somewhere where I can own the fun kinds of guns without having to register them and also be within walking distance of interesting ethnic foods. Is there no place in America where a patriotic faggot can shoot SBRs in the morning and eat pho in the afternoon?
>>
>>34174975
Nope, body else has pho except commiefornia, better stay in your gun hating cease pool and leave the rest of the west coast alone, were full
>>
Does anyone have experience with Wolff or another brand of +power magazine springs for Glock, specifically the 20 and 29? I found some positive reviews and negative ones. Negative ones being that the springs don't seat perfectly and can bunch up/catch on itself in the 10mm mags.
>>
>>34174984
>t. butthurt Oregonian
I'm coming your way soon, friendo.
>>
>>34174965
>vaporware
>>
Looking at getting a Remington Model 700 for my upcoming birthday, but the number of models is pretty overwhelming. Any suggestions? I'd like it chambered in .308 but .300 win would be acceptable. I live in Commiefornia and would use it mainly for deer hunting/range fun. Wouldn't want to pay more than ~1100 for the gun, seeing as I'll be needing to grab an optic as well.
>>
>>34175037
>modern remington
>>
>>34175065
Rather than shitposting, suggest something else in lieu?
>>
>>34175008
In all likelihood, yes since other bullpup shotguns hold more than six rounds, still neat even if it's doomed to fail commercially
>>
Just turned 21, waiting for my CC permit to go through. Is it acceptable to OC before it gets here or would I be better off unarmed for a couple months?
>>
>>34175037
I wouldn't trust modern Remington, especially since the recent trouble and recalls with the 700 series shooting on there own. For $1100 I'd get a Ruger precision
>>
>>34174965
IS THAT A DOUBLE-ACTION SHOTGUN?
>>
>>34175162
If oc is legal where your at, I guess. But your gonna draw unwanted attention, if you live in a shithole and honestly fear for your safety, then do it. Otherwise just wait and save yourself the awkward stares and shrieking liberals
>>
>>34175185
Yes
>>
Is there I place where I can learn about "desperation" tactical manuevers? Like the kind of shit when you're knocked down on your back, out of position, and fire and manuever is falling apart.

I'm trying to draft a list of movement techniques I want a playable character in one of my games (or small game-like project anyways) to do and I'm inspired by Max Payne and Stranglehold, but I'd like something a little bit closer to the realm of reality.
>>
>>34175167
Cali; it's not legal. Pistol grip, so I'd need to take apart the action to change mags; too much of a hassle.
>>
File: free jazz.jpg (109KB, 826x615px) Image search: [Google]
free jazz.jpg
109KB, 826x615px
Noguns hear

I'm canadian so I don't want a real gun because there's a lot of associated overhead I don't want (yearly PAL renewals, having to get a way to get to a range or crown land to play, expensive and tedious to buy ammo, etc) but I still like shooting

My local pawn shop has a couple air rifles I'm interested in getting for just blasting cans off of fences or w/e, which one should I get

>150$ unnamed spring piston crosman pellet gun. Decent condition. Didn't check the bore but looks good on the outside. Comes with fixed fibre optic front sight, rear sight is just a square notch but has both elevation and windage. has a scope fixed to it on a standard dovetail mount, scope does not have elevation or windage controls, just those for zeroing

>100$ HK-branded CO2 BB MP5. Couldn't show me because it's still on hold but it's supposedly like new, in box. Online stores carrying it say it fires at a proper 400fps with steel BBs using 12g CO2 cartridges

I'm leaning towards the generic pellet gun since it seems p Quality but im also tempted to hold off for the MP5 just because it's cool and it's just an elaborate toy either way anyway. which should I pick up
>>
>>34172398
If you are asking which one to buy, I recommend the Carbine in 8x56r
t. guy who owns one
>>
>>34174512
>>34174581
Actually it's a G2 elite https://www.pindad.com/g2-elite-cal-9-mm
>>
File: G2-ELITE2.jpg (61KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
G2-ELITE2.jpg
61KB, 900x563px
>>34175530
>>34174581
>Indonesian
>Hammer needs to be manually cocked every shot despite being blowback
Don't blame you for not knowing
>>
Can I put 45° selectors in a regular lower with 90° markings?
>>
>>34175581
Yes
>>
>>34175594

I'll trust you anon
>>
Capitulate vs. Surrender

I've notice a trend recently when speaking in terms of wars, the speaker/writer will use say they capitulated, instead of surrendered.
To my knowledge the words are synonyms and mean virtually the same thing.
Is it not pollitically correct now to use surrender?
Is capitulate more touchy feely, so as not to hurt the feelings of anyone living within the region of the people being written about that surrendered?
>>
>>34175720
Well according to the dictionary definition, "capitulate" means that you surrender unconditionally, so in that respect I'd think it'd be worse than surrender but in a context-wise thing I think it's used for the reasons you've said, because capitulate, at least to me, has always had a context of "they had no choice" while surrender could mean "they gave up before they really put up a fight."
>>
>>34175720
Capitulate means to cede something in negotiation, whether the "negotiation" is violent or not.

Surrender is to just give up.

Consider the difference between putting your hands up for police, and paying a ticket. The ticket is capitulation, since you're giving them money. Putting your hands up is simply surrender; you've stopped, but you haven't given them any stuff.

You can also capitulate without surrendering, like if you give the enemy something for them to fuck off (literally, as in give them a gift), but still maintain your position. Like, if you're in a hostage situation, and you capitulate but not surrender, you'd be doing something like giving up a hostage, or trading your weapons in for amnesty, etc. but without actually ending the standoff. Conversely, you can simply surrender, and that doesn't necessarily mean you're actively giving up your hostages or arms (though in practice you would but let's say the people remain where they were now that they're safe and your weapons aren't permanently seized as part of your arrest) but you're agreeing to completely end the standoff.

tl;dr capitulate is to give up stuff without giving up your cause, to surrender is to give up your cause but not necessarily give up your stuff

>>34175742
massively incorrect, see above
>>
>>34174793
>It would be very heavy
For what reason
>>
>>34175785
Learn something new every day.
>>
>>34174728
drakeposting?
>>
>>34175817
Americans are stupid.
>>
>>34172301
The only objection that makes sense is the tube magazine being superior. However I would buy a revolving shotgun just because it's awesome.
>>
>>34172351
My reason: fuck you

That's good enough reason
>>
>>34172388
I miss California alot. It's where I was born and spent most of my childhood. However they need to exterminate the cucked whites, rapist-leech beaners, and the West coast breed of nigger (the most useless, lazy, ignorant and annoying of the negroid race)
>>
>>34172301
cylinder gaps
tubes and straight mags hold more
a cylinder for 12ga, the most popular ga, would be fuckhueg and unergonomic (the Judge is already fuckhueg and that's like 22ga or some silly shit)

and most importantly, the memes of the consumer market mean no one would buy a revolver shotgun over the same old mossberg that's been being sold for 999 years
>>
>>34175567
>>34175530
I actually want one now. Imagine fanning the hammer like a movie cowboy on a semiauto
>>
I'm relatively new and read the sticky, but I still feel like I need to learn more about guns in general. I've mostly been lurking in the meantime, but are there any good online resources I should look into?
>>
>>34175567

where did you get some retarded shit like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xo1czITQuw
>>
>>34176234
world.guns.ru is fun to browse and has lots of photos and history of common and notable guns of the world

imfdb is good for identifying guns in movies, has some easy to use charts of common discrepancies between firearms that look like eachother (e.g. the difference between AKs and Things That Only Look Like AKs, the various AR15/M16/M4 variants, etc), as well as the mistakes that prop departments and vidya modellers commonly make

>>34175385
pls respond should i get a good gun or a cool gun as a toy
>>
>>34176234
Keep in mind that most of /k/ are kids that have never even touched a gun and are spewing shit to either fuck with people, or they genuinely believe it based on videos and video games.
You can pick up the occasional nugget of info here, so lurk a lot and don't be afraid to ask questions.
If you're into AR's, check ar15.com, but be warned that their fans are fanatical and can seem a bit autistic.
There are Glock forums, HK forums, Sig forums, AK forums, basically a forum for any gun made or imagined. Spend time reading and asking questions.
Watch videos. Some youtube channels are hardcore gung ho bullshit channels that can make you ask if that person should be on meds. Others can be very informative. I'll name a few that I like, others on here might call my choices shit and give you other options, and that's fine.
(in no particular order)
Hickok45
The Military Arms Channel (a lot of /k/ hates him)
Iraqveteran8888
Forgottenweapons
InrangeTV
AK operators union
MishaCo
PolenarTactical
LifeSizePotato (reviews of guns you most likely can't afford unless you're wealthy but done well IMO)

Probably others I can't remember, but those are the main ones I watch.
>>
File: 1411904106367.jpg (64KB, 299x700px) Image search: [Google]
1411904106367.jpg
64KB, 299x700px
>>34171642

I got a Ruger 9E, whats in store for me?
>>
>>34171642
How does being shot with a rifle feel, assuming that bullet didn't penetrate the armour? A question to someone who has actually experienced/directly witnessed such an event, and not to some stupid neckbeard marine LARPers.
>>
Hey guys I love shooting handguns, but I really don't find shooting rifle very enjoyable. As stupid as that sounds, I do realize the benefits of long guns, and I'm looking for something for home defense. Will a mossman 590 and a sidesaddle do me fine, or should I put down the cash for an entry grade ar15? I'd really rather stick with the simplicity and ease of maintenance of the shotgun but I'm open to suggestions. Also, how would I mount a light to my shotty? Thanks
>>
What are those videos of an army guy with a mustache explaining various weapons?

Not Forgotten Weapons, the dude is military and they have an old vhs feel about them. The guy is a little nuts but they were fun to watch.
>>
What's a fair price to bid up to for http://www.gunbroker.com/item/653048525 I would really like a para FAL
>>
>>34179287
Probably C&Rsenal
>>
>>34179366
Nope

>>34179287
577tyran

You're welcome
>>
File: 1496711352429.jpg (2MB, 1446x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1496711352429.jpg
2MB, 1446x2046px
>>34171642
What's her pistol?
I know the rifle is a Bushmaster ACR
>>
I feel stupid even asking this...

The M1C and M1D Garand Sniper Variants, do they accept the standard M1 Bayonet?
>>
>>34171642
If you got hit by 7.62 in the wrist, is it possible it could amputate your hand fully?
>>
>>34179436
Not you, but I have a question similar,
was M1C a Korean War exclusive rifle? Or was it used in WWII too?
>>
>>34179430

Yessss
>>
>>34179439
Which 7.62? Pre-commie junk, commie junk, or REAL FUCKIN NATO?
>>
>>34179461
Real fuckin Nato

If I shoot someone in the wrist with a FAL, can their hand fall off?
>>
>>34179431
Walther p99c

Boom
>>
>>34179451
I can answer your question. M1C was issued in June of 45. So, very few saw combat. M1D was too late to see combat in WW2.
>>
>>34179476
Thanks!

>>34179477
Thanks mate, good to know.
>>
>>34179473
It will leave a 30 caliber hole, if it hit through the wrist (up and down) probably not. If it hit across (side to side) it might.
>>
>>34172398
>8x50r Mannlicher
That, and
>long rifle version
that.

8x50mmR brass can be made from 7.62x54mmR, and .321" projectiles are more common than .329" ones for the 8x56mmR.
>>
>>34179494
Roger that, thanks for the info.
>>
File: Norinco 311.jpg (16KB, 550x241px) Image search: [Google]
Norinco 311.jpg
16KB, 550x241px
>>34171642
How would one begin importing gun parts from Canada to the US? I've been thinking of getting Norinco AR furniture for a build but depending how stringent the import process on weapon accessories may be, it might not be a reality.
>>
>>34179614
Before you even get into the import process the only part of the 311 that you can easily find is the heat shield, the grip, A2 like stock, and the front sight block were all changed in early production.

The heat shield is the only part that is still made for the newer 20" CQ-A models. The 311-1's aren't in production at all anymore.
>>
>>34179614
Smuggling seems easiest.
>>
>>34179934
Man I fucked the grammar up on that one there should be a . after heat shield not a ,
>>
When is the next meetup in Florida

I am hasguns now and would like to go to one because I am not hasfriends
>>
>>34180628
Don't eat anything offered to you at a /k/ meetup. Especially brownies.
>>
What shooting glasses does /k/ use? I need something to go over my nerd glasses.
>>
How do I get into reloading? I know the basics of deprime, clean, re-size the case and put power and boolet in but not much else. I want to get into loading 5.56 and 9mm to lower my current $200/month ammo bill.
>>
>>34181810
The reloading 5.56 and 9mm isn't really worth the time unless you have a pretty sophisticated setup.
>>
>>34181857
What about .308? I've been thinking about pinching pennies to get the SCAR on the wall at the local shop.

Also with the 5.56 I want to improve the quality of my ammo. I mainly shoot IMI and PMC, AKA the cheapest brass-case I can find. I'd like to load heavier bullets more consistently.
>>
>>34181908
308 would where it starts being good cost vs time.
As for 5.56 its still not really worth the amount of time but if you want match ammo then yeah its worth while.
>>
>>34181935
K thanks.
I guess if it's not worth it I can sell the couple thousand cases I have saved up as scrap and use the proceeds to buy more boolet.
>>
>>34171642
What manga chapter does Upotte pick up after the anime's ending in?
S2 never and I want to continue the story, but don't want to re-read all that I've watched.
>>
Is this guy a Fed?

Someone from Texas wants to buy my Vz.58 on armslist.

He's willing to pay asking price, and has actually sent the check for it. I've asked him 5 times for his FFL's info and he hasn't replied with it but is pushing the sale forward. He wants me to cash the check before I send the rifle.

I'm getting a strange Junior ATF field agent smell wafting around.

Am I being entrapped?
>>
>>34182534
If it seems fuckity, back off. You can find another buying senpai. What state you in... I kinda want a Vz.
>>
>>34182583
Utah, it's not a true 58. It's a 58/2008. So it's black, railed, and has a folding wire stock.
>>
>>34182612
That's disappointing. If you happen to be in NC, still maybe interested.

In regards to the other guy- if you get a bad vibe on a gun deal, back off. A few hundred bucks isn't worth potentially selling illegally to a Fed / Criminal. Hang on to your gun and wait for a legit buyer. Vz rifles have a dedicated fanbase, you'll sell it eventually.

Return or destroy the check and nix the deal.
>>
>>34182686
I'm thinking once i get the check, I'll ask him one more time for the FFL info and threaten to end the deal.

I really don't want to go to Pound me in the ass Fed Penn.
>>
File: KE_boltzman.png (9KB, 559x127px) Image search: [Google]
KE_boltzman.png
9KB, 559x127px
>>34175385
go to canada general syrup friend you have a lot of misconceptions about firearms
also airguns are generally pretty shitty but i would go for the crossman the design hasent changed for decades but thats because the thing is built like a brick shithouse/.
the price is too high imo, new those pistols are like 99 reg but go on sale at CT for 79 and the scope is like 20$ new ( air gun scopes are shite )
>>
>>34176232
>go to fan
>pull the trigger
>slide fucks your hand

I can dig it
>>
>>34174975
Fuck off Michigan's full
>>
This might deserve it's own thread, but I'm gonna start here.

Got a Mossberg 500 a bit back, took it out rabbit hunting for the first time today.

Find a rabbit, shoot it, the slide is back... I don't remember cycling the gun.

Rabbit's not dead so despite the oddness I pump the slide forward, click.
Pump again, fails to eject, dropping onto the loader, pull the shell out and load the next round, click.
Pump again, feed the second round back in (I only brought 3 because the rabbits don't usually stick around after the second shot) and it fires.

The slide is, again, back.

Is this something people new to shotguns do, or is my gun fucked?
>>
>>34182947
The recoil is flubbering your little noodle arms around so hard that you're racking the slide back without intending to. And it sounds like you're short stroking it in the process.
Work on your form and practice shooting a few hundred rounds. You'll probably get the hang of it pretty quickly.
>>
>>34182056
Chapter 29 ends that story arc. Some details were different.
>>
>>34182759
>you have a lot of misconceptions about firearms
such as, you dumbfuck
>>
>>34172351
I've been seeing them for like 260 after rebate online. There's no reason not to buy a sub 300 dolla gun from a reputable manufacturer. Ever.
>>
>>34172388
>You'll never be allowed to move to California.
This is a good thing.
>>
If I put a 24 lb recoil spring in a 9mm Browning-type pistol (Hi-Power, CZ, 1911, SIG, Glock, etc) and used a suppressor without a Nielson device, would that turn my pistol into a manually-operated weapon?
>>
>>34183523
Nope, it would still in most cases open the action. With the added benefit of a shitload of FTE's
>>
File: kac-1.jpg (51KB, 575x391px) Image search: [Google]
kac-1.jpg
51KB, 575x391px
>>34183569
That was the whole point of the stronger recoil spring. I don't want to go full KAC M9. What if I used some crazy-ass heavy SMG suppressor?
>>
>>34183602
To start a 24lb recoil spring is hardly a heavy spring.
It's honestly difficult to tell how heavy in combination you would need to slow the slide enough to stop ejection.
Another large factor in all of this is ammunition used as well.
>>
>>34183646
147 would be the assumption, but I've noticed Federal makes a guaranteed subsonic 124 now, which might be better for trying not to unlock the slide.
>>
File: 1388632347168.gif (986KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
1388632347168.gif
986KB, 636x360px
Might belong more in a video game thread, but why the fuck does the M14 in RS2 not have a selector? I get you'd have to be retarded to use it in full-auto, but that's exactly why I want the option to do so

also is there any negatives to having your bayonet attached all the time?
>>
>>34184181
It's traditional to not have have battle rifles be full-auto in games even if they were irl. If you could pump out 2-3 rounds in a finger-controlled burst that would kill someone in 2 torso hits like a real battle rifle would, no one would ever use any other guns in the game. Also, the increased accuracy and power of semi-auto battle rifles over the full-auto/burst assault rifles in most video games makes them a good substitute for the lower-grade "sniper rifles."

Bayonets can fuck up your zero sometimes. Nuggets were sighted in with the bayonet on/folded out, but nothing else ever was afaik. The bayonet on the M1941 Johnson Rifle had a recoiling barrel and they had to work out cycling issues with bayonets before they got the Para-Marines or anyone else to adopt it.
>>
>>34184356
I meant in RS2 for the bayonet question as well anon, not real life
>>
>>34184181
I though they blocked off the FA setting on those? Or am I thinking of the L1A1?...
>>
>>34184477
L1A1s had the FA pulled when they made them, M14s all had it
>>
>>34184181
Didn't a lot of armorers disable the select-fire on m14s because it wasn't efficient in ammo or gun maintenance.
>>
>>34184495
All M14s besides some in the US Navy have been turned to semi-auto only as of like 45-50 years ago. The real deal Mk14 EBR is select-fire, but it's doubtful anyone ever uses it on full-retard. No real G3s were ever semi-auto-only. They were always S-1-F, even the G3A3ZF and G3SG/1 designated marksman versions. Another fun fact is that the real-deal Mk12 Special Purpose Rifle is full-retard because SOCOM wanted to be able to do mag-dumps and the S-1-F M16A1 trigger is crisper than the M16A2/M4 trigger.
>>
i bought a used mossburg 342 for 149$. did i get hosed, or is that a decent price?
>>
>>34179436

I believe the flash hider on the M1C/D attaches via the bayonet lug, so it should be able to.
>>
Nogun here, looking into my first purchase mostly for fun and possible sport. I've decided I want to shoot 7.62 and something milsurp with nice wood. At the risk of sparking a huge shitstorm, FAL vs SKS? Is there some other surp 7.62 cannon that I've missed?
>>
>>34185300
i'd go with the SKS
>>
is acetone peroxide a viable alternative for reloading primers or is it too sensitive? asking for a friend
>>
>>34185314
Any versions to avoid? Looking I see Slav, Chinese, Russian and Norinco. Slav looks to be available for the cheapest, unsurprisingly.
>>
File: 1357161045655.jpg (2MB, 1096x4616px) Image search: [Google]
1357161045655.jpg
2MB, 1096x4616px
>>34185368
>>
>>34173047
Not anywhere, and you might have to get a permit, but basically.
>>
>>34185387
Thanks. Any opinion on MAS rifles? The blocky receiver is kinda endearing but they're more expensive and it looks like they mostly exist in 7.5 or converted to .308, which is significantly more expensive than 7.62.
[spoiler]I'm in Mass, how fucked am I?[/spoiler]
>>
>>34185404
i have no opinion on MAS rifles, sorry. also, move up a state. we could use more gun lovers up here.
>>
Where would one go to find Rhodesian camo, even reproduction?
>>
>>34174975
Unfortunately CA is a lost cause. Learn how to cook the food you like. Move to a gun friendly state and assimilate with their culture.
>>
>>34172301
The cobray street sweeper being deemed a destructive device most likely. Companies didn't want to dabble in something that got a company fucked over before.
>>
>>34185300
> 7.62
why?
>something milsurp with nice wood
again, why?

SKS prices are stupid now, a bit more and you can get a full on AK, the new Arsenal 107R is going for ~$850

Classic Firearms is selling Yugo SKS's for $430, you figure $25 for a transfer + tax, you are looking at a minimum of ~$500 (not accounting for any shipping charges)

Another $50 you can get an AR, a bit more than that and you can get a basic Century AK

Since you listed the FAL im assuming that price isnt a huge issue, considering the only FAL worth owning that is a modern production is a DSA which run anywhere from $1.1ish and up; Century FALs are an absolute avoid, and good luck finding decent pricing on Springfields and the like

The SKS is a pretty horrid first rifle, honestly. You have to keep the little buggers fairly clean or you can run into slamfires. Cosmoline is an absolute bitch and a pain in the ass, mineral spirits wont miraculously get rid of it like the internet tells you either. Theyre good guns overall, fairly accurate, most of the time reliable, but tearing them down is a pain in the ass, and customization options are very limited.

>>34185404
Good rifles, but ammo is expensive and hard to find, definitely cool but if you want something youll shoot a decent amount look elsewhere

>>34174975
Washington, legal SBRs, Suppressors, pretty much anything shy of full auto and SBS's, and we have a large asian population so good asian food is everywhere
>>
File: boat.png (2MB, 1826x1008px) Image search: [Google]
boat.png
2MB, 1826x1008px
Can someone help me to identify this boat? I inherited a box full of photographs, and am trying to organise them
>britfag
>other photos in this box seem to be 1920s
>>
>>34185649
It doesn't look like a warship, it might just be a recreational vessel. I don't think they had deck guns in the shape of that object on the bow. If you're convinced it was a warship try checking out supporting ships like minelayers that would need all of that open deck in the stern.
>>
>>34185699
Great, thanks. "Minelayer" has come up with some promising results.
>>
>>34185699
After a bit more searching, if that is a deck gun, it looks similar to this, down to the markings on the waterline. USCG Haida
>>
>>34185477
Jokes on you price fag, i got my yugo already cosmolined, restored and never shot for $319 some rich faggot sold it off his fathers ranch because he didnt like guns.
>>
>>34185728
Good spot - I'll see if I can find any other connection.
>>
If I don't really care about scratching the finish, is a cheapo steel punch okay for popping out a pin on a gun?
>>
>>34171642
>those small arms and that small head on that big body

Can't jerk it to those odd proportions
>>
>>34185460
Yeah that had absolutely nothing to do with Cobray naming their new and scary looking shotgun "street sweeper".
>>
>>34185790
sure. and if you're careful with that punch the only thing you'll scratch is the pin you're punching.
>>
About every other mag my fal fucks up and breaks a cartridge while trying to chamber it pic related any idea what I can do to fix this. I don't think the issue is the mags
>>
File: mffwww.jpg (95KB, 900x888px) Image search: [Google]
mffwww.jpg
95KB, 900x888px
>>34186190
>pic related
>>
I'm planning on walking across the states (Pittsburgh to Alaska) because, in short, I'm lost and have nothing else i want to do.

I know what the CCW reciprocity is for PA so I'm not worried about that. My question is, what handgun would be best suited for this type of journey? Currently I have a tiger super Blackhawk 44 and then a Taraus 45. I plan on trading the Taraus in for something else when I turn 21.

I'd like a 1911 because they're cool and I like 45. However, I know this wouldn't be the best choice.

Suggestions welcome, because otherwise I'll be packing a 44 or 1911 for about a year across the states.
>>
>>34171642

People always shit on rugers semi autos but never really go into detail as to why. Why is this?
>>
>>34186444
Check me trips
That's supposed to be Ruger, not tiger.
>>
>>34174736
>Surprised I'm the only one that could see that
It's because you're wrong. It's a fictitious version of the Jap Type 89 chambered in 7.62x39, modified to take AK mags.
>>
>>34186444
you gonna fly to alaska or walk up canada? not sure how they feel about 'muricans walking across their country with guns. you might wanna check that.
also, that just sounds insane. IF you try it, and that's a big if, you'll either give up or die.
>>
>>34186583
I was planning on walking through Canada, if I make it that far. Don't care about dying. I don't really care about anything too much and that's why I was going to walk. Because I have no motivation to do anything that costs money.
>>
>>34171642
Had a dream about a top feeding AK LSW in 7.62x54. Has anything like that ever been tried or concepted before?
>>
Britfag noguns here - heading to America (Las Vegas, not my idea) soon and we're considering visiting a gun range.

I did it once before and shot an M16, M1911, Mp5 and i think an AR50 (some kind of 50 cal rifle with a scope anyway)

Any advice on anything else that would be fun to shoot or tips or anything? i am a complete pleb when it comes t guns but i'd like to learn more
>>
>>34186827
just shoot a lot of machine guns

most muricans dont even get to shoot those.
>>
>>34186827
Shoot a battle rifle (Ideally an FAL, G3 or M14) if you can. The recoil on them is really fun. Shoot an AKM or 47 in 7.62x39. Try to shoot some sort of military bolt action rifle if you can find it, as well. Have fun in general.
>>
>>34186865
I never get what people mean by machine guns. Like the media and shit call anything that fires bullets fast a 'machine gun' but do you mean something like an LMG? Like i dunno an RPM or something?

>>34186869
Oooh i'd quite like to shoot a FAL actually. As for a bolt action rifle it would be pretty cool to shoot a Mosin, idk if they're good guns but they're quite iconic
>>
>>34186904
he's probably referring to those firearms chambered in rifle cartridges that shoot in a fully automatic manner, so anything ranging from an AK to a Ma Deuce, really
>>
>>34174975
Tidewater / Hampton Roads will fulfill your needs for that.

I'd only live in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, or Norfolk though... The last one can get iffy in certain places, though.
>>
>>34186904
You can go to certain ranges in certain places and shoot full-auto guns. There's several in Las Vegas, and a lot of ranges elsewhere have full-auto M16s or submachineguns to rent.
>>
>>34173047
depends on your citizenship/visa/green card status
>>
Whats the chamber dimensions for .410/45lc
>>
CMMG Mk9 PDW SBR, or Rock River LAR-9 SBR? Either will receive a can.
>>
File: Remington870.jpg (19KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
Remington870.jpg
19KB, 600x310px
Who can ID this magazine tube extension?
>>
File: SIG-FMJ-Ammunition.jpg (285KB, 934x737px) Image search: [Google]
SIG-FMJ-Ammunition.jpg
285KB, 934x737px
Has anyone had any experience with sig sauer's ammo?

I don't normally shop at gander mtn, but the one in my city is going out of business and they have ammo/guns on discount. A lot of the loads I was looking for my revolver were already picked over, however they had plenty of this stuff in various calibers/brands.

I thought about picking up a few boxes of their 100grn fmj .380 for my wife's lcp, mostly because the 100grn is a little harder to come by unless it's defensive loads

Anyway, anybody ever use sig sauer ammo? The price was decent, shitposting aside they make good guns, was just wondering how their ammo performs. I might buy a few boxes to see for myself but if it's good I'll definitely stock up since the price wasn't bad
>>
File: CUNT.jpg (155KB, 620x960px) Image search: [Google]
CUNT.jpg
155KB, 620x960px
Can anyone identify the tank camo please?

Is/was it an actual camo design that was used?

I love the pattern and colors
>>
>>34182947
most pumpshotguns unlock immediately after pulling the trigger.
with average loads like birdshot and your hand off the pump the gun will cycle 1/3 of the way open.
if this is with buck or something and your grip is nonexistent its quite possible for a shell to eject itself.
>>
>>34190016
No idea but that's from Battlefields The Tankies if you want more reference pics.
>>
>>34190203
I love you anon
>>
>>34190203
Fucking Garth Ennis?????

FUUUUUCK

I love that guy
>>
File: Colt New Line 22.jpg (37KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
Colt New Line 22.jpg
37KB, 800x420px
I'm inheriting an early 1870s Colt New Line 22 pocket revolver. I'm in NY so handguns need to be registered assuming they don't qualify as an antique. To be considered one it has to be pre-1899 but also not use cartridges obtainable through normal commercial means. When they were made, the caliber was designated ".22 Rimfire" which is supposedly equivalent to modern .22 Short, but since it wasn't technically designated .22 Short at the time of manufacture, is it considered an antique or not?
>>
File: tiger.jpg (255KB, 645x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tiger.jpg
255KB, 645x1000px
>>34190016
Best picture I can find

I'm getting desperate
>>
>>34189989
I've heard it's really good, but that's through the grapevine rather than personal experience
>>
File: omega.jpg (135KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
omega.jpg
135KB, 1000x540px
If I wanted a pistol caliber weapon that I may or may not want to SBR in the future, would it be more flexible for me to get a pistol configuration and slap a brace on it, or get a carbine with a pinned, but removable fake suppressor?
On one hand, I could use a can with the pistol though I don't have it, and it'd be a smaller package. On the other, having a proper stock seems like it'd be comfier shooting, and I don't have a can anyway so I wouldn't be putting anything on it.
>>
>>34190217 >>34190227 You guys need to calm down, Unless you're the same person, then you may just be a bit on the youngin side
>>
File: dsc_0155.jpg (276KB, 886x500px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0155.jpg
276KB, 886x500px
i can use a few opinions i have 1 permit for a pistol i own a full size 1911, a compact sig p320, and a 22lr ruger. what pistol should i get with my last permit perhaps a sub compact or am i missing something else?
>>
>>34192183
Some kind of revolver probably. If you have the money to feed a Model 29 I'd recommend that but I might just be projecting my hunger for dirty harry gun.
>>
>>34192183
Get a CZ, best handgun I ever had
>>
>>34174916
go to Nevada if its so important to you. or Oregon or Washington. I fucking love Washington
>>
Sup, /k/

I've been reading about how Angled Foregrips are legal on pistols,as opposed to Vertical Foregrips.

Are there are angled foregrips akin to that of the M93r (in function primarily) that fits on picatinny?
>>
File: HK-VP9-Right.jpg (213KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
HK-VP9-Right.jpg
213KB, 1200x846px
Whats a good IWB holster for a VP9? I'm 6'1 200lbs so i can conceal larger handguns easily.
>>
File: DSCN3027.jpg (512KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3027.jpg
512KB, 1600x1200px
>>34171642
I just Bought a Gibbs 1903A4 with an Original GI Stock on it for $1300, how bad did I Fuck Up
>>
I know aluminum for rifle muzzle brakes is a big no-no, but is aluminum an okay material if there are no baffles, such as on a linear compensator?
>>
>>34193097
You didn't.
>>
>>34193209
In general, you want to avoid putting aluminum in contact with the barrel or at the end of the barrel. Aluminum doesn't take the heat from the gasses well.
>>
>>34189989
works just fine, is INSANELY shiny because they coat it with some proprietary shit. reloads fine. it's g2g.
>>
File: IMG_20170608_240019591.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170608_240019591.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>34171642
What backpack do I have here?
>>
File: IMG_20170608_240008302.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170608_240008302.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>34193931
>>
If I have a Texas state I'd but not a drivers license, can I pick up a gun for an FFL transfer?
>>
File: s&w mp 9mm.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s&w mp 9mm.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>34171642
Was offered a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm for $300. Brand new, never fired. The guy bought it for house protection and needed cash so he sold it to a guy I know who wanted to help him out. Now guy I know just wants to make his money back on it.
Is it a good deal? Should I get it? I really liked the feel of it.
>>
>>34194446
the triggers can be crappy, see if he'll let you shoot it first

solid option otherwise
>>
>>34194501
gotcha, thanks dude!
>>
File: Chingy Mauser.jpg (33KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
Chingy Mauser.jpg
33KB, 567x425px
There is a modest price chingy mauser on gunbroker but I have no idea if they are reputable rifles does anyone own one and do they like it?
>>
will people in exoskeletons with swords ever dominate the battlefield?
>>
What CCW insurance is the best

NRA Carryguard or USCCA
>>
Why don't more guys run a vertical foregrip on pump action shotguns? It makes sense to me to put one on if the shotgun has a pistol grip
>>
I want to find a bolt gun in 7.62 x 39 or x 51 NATO with iron sights and make a scout rifle. It can be milsurp but ONLY if bubba got to it already. I want to save something from bubba if possible.

Any recommendations? (Aside from necking myself)
>>
File: gibbon monster.png (30KB, 1502x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gibbon monster.png
30KB, 1502x1200px
What sort of weapons and armour would my fantasy monster use(they can use the same quality of steel that was around in the medieval ages/renaissance)? It's pretty much a big gibbon and both walks on the ground and climbs. Natural habitat is the jungle.
>>
>>34196402
bad drawing but it has thumbs so it can hold things.
>>
File: 1443899468326.jpg (58KB, 523x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1443899468326.jpg
58KB, 523x1255px
>>34172997
>>
File: Screenshot_20170608-104614.jpg (319KB, 1066x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170608-104614.jpg
319KB, 1066x1276px
>>34176266
not that anon, but he probably read it on wikipedia. pic related
>>
>>34188596
neither. there are way better options for a 9mm pdw especially if youre going to wait for a form 1 or 4. get something that was designed for the cartridge.
>>
Do any of you fill out the form from the manufacturer to register a newly purchased gun? Or is that just a ploy to build a list of people with guns.
>>
>>34197030
>voluntarily registering your guns
what the fuck are you doing nigger
>>
File: no way.gif (2MB, 286x210px) Image search: [Google]
no way.gif
2MB, 286x210px
>>34197030
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIlogViPes

What gun is this? Don't mind the dumb long magazine.
>>
>>34174666
Looks like the Lost Planet assault rifle
>>
>>34197352
HK USP
>>
What should I get for my first handgun, a beretta 92 compact or a sig p225a1?

They both look sexy as fuck, but which of the two is more reliable? Which will fail less?
>>
i have a few guns i got when i was a kid and i don't have any oil or like a kit or anything to clean them with. what should i buy?
>>
Ruger mk4 22/45 tactical... worth buying as babby's first toy?

Currently nofuns, I like 1911s and .22s tho.

Also thinking about a charger, but it seems like a meme tbqh.
>>
>>34198161
>Ruger mk4 22/45
https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/
Not right now. They're good guns but I'd wait a bit on one.
>>
>>34198195
Oh, ty senpai
>>
What do I do about shakey hands?
>>
>>34198449
take a couple shots before u shoot
>>
>>34185477
>NoGunz detected.
Youre obviously a basement dwelling sperg. SKS is a fantastic first rifle, but I can tell youre an AR elitist. Maybe theyre a little spensive right now, but theyre quality reliable guns. But youre saying theyre shit and they slamfire. This is a problem literally only Norinco Chinese SKSs have, but anon would have to be as autistic as you to buy chinkshit.
As for the FAL, from personal experience, from being an owner of 2 FALs and having shot loads of them, I would prefer a century build on a nice imbel or coonan receiver over DSA any day and springfields are nice but nothing too spectacular. Believe it or not Ive never had an issue with my century but Ive had plenty with my DSA. Yes century has a reputation for drunken monkey kitbash garbage yeah yeah what a meme haha edgy. Go shoot one in comparison with a DSA. Then go pretend to know what youre talking about elsewhere.

t. HasGunz
>>
File: dyTf1T8.jpg (98KB, 498x722px) Image search: [Google]
dyTf1T8.jpg
98KB, 498x722px
>>34172997
>>
File: Biczkm3CQAAkxho.jpg (57KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
Biczkm3CQAAkxho.jpg
57KB, 478x720px
>>
>>34186529
no shit dumbass, i'm giving OP something as close to possible that he could actually obtain since he likes the look of it so much. You can't get Type 89s and definately not in 7.62x39, but the options I said are actually available.
>>
File: 1492482651927.png (240KB, 662x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492482651927.png
240KB, 662x540px
noguns here, looking for a pistol with the following:

>cute aesthetics
>could kill something if needed
>but also cheap to shoot so i can practice
>fun to shoot so i actually practice
>cute aesthetics

what should i buy?
>>
>>34198661
Whitney Wolverine. Spaceguns are cute
>>
>>34174961
Shit looks straight outta killzone
>>
>>34198661
Taurus spectrum
>>
>>34198692
wtf is this shite?
>>34198684
cute.
>>
>>34195608
they'll often would be wallhangers due to questionable condition. i like them for the history and own one myself. also, don't buy from that guy on gunbroker. his reserves are almost always unreasonably high.
>>
>>34173047
I'm pretty sure you can in Texas if you have a hunting license
>>
>>34196402
>>34196428
BUMP
U
M
P
>>
Anyone have a Marlin Model 60/70, Mossberg blaze, Mossberg 702?
Looking for receiver width on any of these rifles.
>>
File: 1491323245986.gif (992KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491323245986.gif
992KB, 500x281px
Looking for a range/glovebox/hiking friend...

s&w governor, worthy?
>>
>>34199334
fed buck 000

kills basketballs ded
>>
>>34199334
bampu
>>
>>34198753
Alright I'll just surf around the LGS's and shows then thanks for the info
>>
>>34198102
Also, are the beretta 92 compact or the sig p225a1 rated for 9mm +P?

with the beretta, it has a manual safety which is also a decocker, after putting the gun on safe can you re-cock the gun, or is the hammer locked in place when you put the gun on safe?
>>
>>34199697
i just took my ruger 10/22 apart to clean it for the first time and when i put it back together i cant flip the safety unless i pull the bolt back and cock the gun. also the trigger doesnt reset after i dry fire it. does anyone know what the problem might be?
>>
>>34199697
didn't mean to reply to you. my bad
>>
Is it really that bad to have a carbine gas system in a 16" barrel
>>
I've been thinking of getting an Aimpoint PRO or Comp M2 for my FAL. Do you guys think that would be a bad choice for a .308? I know it could hinder it's capabilities, but Aimpoint makes good products, and there aren't a lot of places to shoot long range around me anyways. Does anyone have experience with these optics?
>>
>>34200293
Sounds like a pin dropped out of the trigger assembly. Take it back apart and see if any are missing.
>>
File: 22KjJFf.png (106KB, 864x3134px) Image search: [Google]
22KjJFf.png
106KB, 864x3134px
>>34171642
Would a pellet rifle at 500fps be able to kill a turkey at about oh 75-100 yards away?
>>
>>34200293
>i cant flip the safety unless i pull the bolt back and cock the gun
unless this changed with the mk 4 this is by design
>>
>>34201127
>>34201157
yeah thanks guys. i thought i fucked the gun up but i read the manual and it said that's just how the gun works
>>
>>34201286
Don't wanna sound mean anon but you should have read the manual first than if you cant figure it out come to us. glad you figured it out.
>>
>>34185728

The stack is too tall, the fantail and superstructure look wrong as well for it to be Haida. It actually appears to be a river gunboat of some sort, possibly one of many that patrolled the Yangtze before WWII.

Currently checking my archives. It may be Italian or even one of the Spanish gunboats pressed into USN service after 1898.
>>
>>34201148
If it's .22 possibly at 10 yards if you hit the head, past that or in the body there's no chance, turkeys are tough fuckers it's not uncommon to have weaker rounds or arrows bounce off of their feathers if they hit at a shallow angle because their feathers are so dense.
>>
Want an as close to milspec 1911 as possible, but dont have shekels for surplus.
Is Auto Ordnance the best bet?
>>
>>34201441
So... Bayonet charge? while firing at the fucker and if all else fails pull out muh bow? how owuld a 20lb bow fair? been looking to upgrade to a 80 pounder.
>>
>>34201479
A 20lb bow is a bit light, but anything over 35-40 should be plenty fine.
>>
>>34201523
Damnit might as well shank the fucker. or pull out a .458
>>
Question with regards to muzzleloader nipples; how do they have to be?

I ask because I have an antique percussion weapon with an ancient nipple. It was not igniting the percussion caps, and before investigating a weak main spring, I took a file to the nipple and scraped it up, trying to make it a flat surface, because all commercial ones seem flat.

It worked, and the percussion caps now ignite 75% of the time.

Does a nipple have to be flat for ignition, or did me scraping up the surface making it rough increase the ignition rate?
>>
>>34201443
Auto Ordnance or RIA if you don't mind buying Flip
>>
>>34201443
also look at ATI. I got a used 1911 for 250 and it is their GI knock off. Its bretty nato
>>
>>34175397
where do you get ammo?
>>
what is the name of that badass operator with the Antarctica service badge and many others?
>>
redpill me on the g29 and/or g27
>>
>>34201950
>redpill
/pol/ pls go I browse /pol/ but use /k/ terms literally just ask what is better g29 or g27 be respectful of others board culture thx. w hy do you think all of the other boards hate us so much?
>>
What's the best watch to bring to boot camp?
>>
what do i do with ammunition that is 60 years old?
how do I dispose of unsafe ammo?
>>
>>34202133
If it's Army, I wouldn't bring one. You can't have them in the first phase of training, anyways. When you do get watch privileges, you'll be able to buy one at the PX. They're about thirty bucks.
>>
>>34202133
https://www.amazon.ca/Casio-GWM5610-1-G-Shock-Solar-Watch/dp/B007RWZHXO
>>34202150
shoot it.
>>
>>34202133
bring Vostok Komandirskie for glorious Slav style

>tfw mine is borked

I have to take it to a watch repairman sometime, also pic is not my watch, nor my exact model of watch
>>
>>34172351
I heard only big ol queers consider buying them
>>
>>34171642
Has anyone had any experiences with this?

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/smith--wesson-sd9-self-defense-9mm-pistol#repChildCatid=3493890
>>
>>34202225
shit, forgot image
>>
>>34202172
what if it's been stored improperly?
the cartridges are very rusted
and we're talking about a cardboard box, not a spam can
>>
>>34172869
Way weaker but if you do have to use 40mm, use HEPD on muslims in vehicles and standard HE on muslims in the open.

>source: US army funded science project lead, Professor 203/mk19 gunner Helmand Afg
>>
File: 1eylja.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1eylja.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>34174686
>>
File: EO.jpg (24KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
EO.jpg
24KB, 215x300px
I've been looking for this book:
https://www.warbooks.co.za/products/executive-outcomes-against-all-odds-eeben-barlow
online. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be an ebook or scan of it, and every available copy literally costs in the hundreds of dollars. The story of EO is interesting as fuck so I'd love to read it the the pen of the founder.
>>
>>34202662
>the the pen
That would be FROM the pen. Fuck.
>>
>>34202671
Cool your jets son. Its alright to make a mistake or two on here.
>>
>>34202001
im not asking which is better I'm just asking for opinions/experiences/info/et

and I don't even browse /pol/ I'm just a fag
>>
File: 1473032261876.jpg (83KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
1473032261876.jpg
83KB, 1280x534px
what shooting position is this called?
>>
Anyone got a high res picture of a field stripped Remington ACR? Google isn't giving me anything good.
>>
How hard is it to assemble an AR upper receiver with basic parts ie punches, vice, hammer etc. There's plenty of videos online how to and im a poorfag so buying one part at a time sounds like the better option.
>>
>>34200421

Less reliable than a mid and I've heard more trouble with extraction but it'll run lad
>>
>>34203320
Horsey bang bang
>>
There is a Finnish mosin for sale. When I looked inside the barrel there was something that looked like corrosion in the rifling. Also, The bolt doesn't have a number that matches with the receiver.

However, the metal parts were in great condition on the outside and the stock was great.

Is this gun worth getting if I plan to shoot it? How much wear is acceptable in a firearm that is over 70 years old and might have seen combat? Would this firearm continue to have value in the future?
>>
>>34205847
I wouldn't buy or shoot anything with potentially damaged rifling unless it's been checked out by a gunsmith

On the other hand, Finnish Mosins are always popular so it def would have value in the future if the barrel can be fixed. It looks like a matter of how much return you can get compared to the asking price.
>>
thinking about trading my yugo ak with zhucov stock for a century c.308. is this a good trade?
>>
Why isn't the acr more popular? It it too expensive for what it is? Is there something inherently wrong with it? Is the scar or ar15 just better all around?
>>
>>34206500
it didnt win any contracts so yankees think it's bad

military still loves M16s and M4s, police are still tending towards MP5s and P90s if not also M16s and M4s, and the ACR only appeared in a couple of video games, so it's just not a Pop Gun

>Is the scar or ar15 just better all around?
99% of modern rifles perform mostly the same, and it's not even useful to compare them since the massive aftermarket for guns in general means that any two copies of one gun aren't going to be copies at all, and will probably have various parts traded out as per the user's liking. about the only thing useful for rating a gun fresh off the line are its aesthetics (and even then, people get cosmetic parts anyway)
>>
this thread's at bump limit, can someone make a new one
>>
>>34206589
Where do you live where police get p90s and m16s?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 534x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 534x443px
Is there some drawback to having a trigger pull lightened? Besides the increased need for trigger discipline.
>>
Anyone buy a pistol grip for a Mossy 500? I'm looking for one and most online seem to have shitty reviews.
>>
>>34207729
It's mainly safety, and lightening it too much could make it unreliable depending on what's changed
>>
File: Tikka_T3x_Arctic.png (99KB, 1600x435px) Image search: [Google]
Tikka_T3x_Arctic.png
99KB, 1600x435px
I want the Tikka t3x Arctic but know for the price I could just get a different model t3x and put a rail and sights. But since I'm fairly new to guns idk which model would be closest/easiest to being the Arctic?
>>
Not a question but just wanted to say thanks to guys for helping me decide on my 91/30 it's absolutely gorgeous, the bolt is smooth, the rifling is sharp, and I fucking love it
>>
anyone know whats the cheapest i can get a box of .22 for at walmart right now?
>>
>>34207756
pistol grips are retarded for mossberg 500s because the safety is on the tang
>>
>>34209198
free with a 5 finger discount
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.