[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed Carry Fashion Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: Tactical Jeans.png (283KB, 826x527px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Jeans.png
283KB, 826x527px
Looking for some concealed carry fashion tips. I would like to carry a larger gun, but I don't really have a body type that lends itself well to baggy clothing (small frame). Everything I have now prints too much. Also, hoodies and over shirts are out of the question because I live in Florida.

I usually make fun of people who wear 511 gear to the range, but their new concealed carry jeans have me interested.
>Stretch denim
>Deep pockets
>pockets for mags

I'm also interested in various brands of button downs and shirts that claim to offer patterns that breakup the out of a gun.

Are these an over priced gimmick or do you think it's worth it?
>>
I just wear my normal skirts carry or not
CC specific clothes are clearly a gimmick
>>
>>34170822
You're full of shit saying you can't wear baggy clothes. Wear any pants you want that allow you to IWB. Wear un-tucked straight hem button down shirts. Being in Florida means no problem blending in with camp shirts or Hawaiian shirts. I like short sleeve dickie's shirts.

And if your problem is that you are a twig boy whose chest and waist are the same size then FUCKING LIFT HOMO.
>>
>>34170888

Well, what works for you? I'm open to suggestions. I've always worn relatively slim or strait fit jeans, but now I find that to be really uncomfortably and limiting to the ways I carry. My standard carry gun is a M&P shield. Button downs with bright colors tend to work well for hiding outlines and allow me to get away with a more loose fit, but I tend to prefer wearing a lot of t-shirts, especially when I'm out doing errands, and I feel like they print too much.
>>
My favorite thing about conceal carry is that you guys all dress the same
>>
>be me
>buy a pistol and a holster and decide to carry
>worried about printing, having to buy new clothes, and shit
>be fat, but slimmer than I used to be so all my jeans are now baggy

Realize my gun is tiny

>put my gun in appendix position
>dissapears.

Everything went better than expected.

Carry everyday everywhere with just a t shirt over it for concealment.
>>
>>34171065
I lucked out and didn't have to change my wardrobe at all. Baggy dad jeans, tucked in undershirt, and flannel over top untucked.
>>
File: image.png (937KB, 434x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
937KB, 434x512px
>>34170822
>board shorts
>Hawaiin shirt
Alternatively
>Levi's 510
>cowboy shirt or t shirt
cc specific clothes are autism
>>
>>34171029

I'm actually fairly athletic and not a manlet, putting on more mass would help some, and I've started lifting again for that purpose already. I look like shit in baggy clothing, so I want to find a balance between form fitting, but still flexible enough to carry comfortably iwb.
>>
>Buy a damn good leather jacket.
>Invest in a carry piece of your choosing.
>Buy a decent amount of white shirts.
>???
>Never print.
>>
>>34171176
>I look like shit in baggy clothing

Now we get down to it. You're just a /fa/ggot at heart. Here's the deal: Either you will choose how you dress based on what gun you want to carry or you will choose what gun you carry based on how you dress. If you want slim fit hot weather clothing you are going to carry a small gun.
>>
File: 43.png (1012KB, 908x838px) Image search: [Google]
43.png
1012KB, 908x838px
>keep printing to a minimal
>realize that no one is paying mind to it ever and it doesn't matter
it's that easy anon. or just OC like a moron.
>>
>>34171148
This although they don't have to be "hawaiian" hawaiian shirts if you know what I mean

I'd also add the zip up hoodie (carhartt makes a nice one). Casual but much easier to draw from than your standard sweatshirt
>>
>>34171064
I just carry appendix in my everyday shirts and skirts

Sometimes stocking carry
>>
>>34171247

Sadly, your advice has actually been somewhat helpful.

>>34171236

I've actually gotten to used to wearing my scrubs out in public as the go to "never print" option. Works well, but obviously not a good option for every situation.
>>
Plaid and fishing shirts seem to work pretty well. The patterns break up the shadows from anything that sticks out.
>>
>>34171282

True, and I always keep that thought in my mind that nobody really looking at you that closely. However, I live in next to a major university, and I wouldn't put it past these liberal faggots to have a public freakout or call the cops if they realize that I'm carrying.

>>34171311
Hoodie is a go to option when it's cool enough, but I'm a heat sensitive little bitch that prefers the cold, and this is Florida in the summer. But the "Hawaiian" shirts do seem like a good option that I haven't considered.
>>
>>34170822
>Florida

Get something small enough for you to carry in a pants pocket, you'll thank me later.
>>
>>34171473

I do carry Kel-Tec p32 that I've inherited (put that disclaimer in there because I would never buy one), but it's a kel-tec firing a semi-rimmed cartridge. It's surprisingly accurate and pointable , but I've had to do some modifications to make reliable, plus it's anemic (though, the underwood xtreme cavitaters are an improvement). I was thinking about getting maybe a Sig p938 or bodyguard, but right now I'm a brokefag with other shit I need to buy. The M&P Shield is a good compromise, especially with the apex trigger, Trijicom HDs and magguts springs. I makes for good /accurate firepower in a small package, but I would really love to carry my p320 more often.

It's all trial and error mixed with persona;
preference, I suppose.
>>
>>34171665
J-frame smith with barami hip grips in waistband appendix carry. You can conceal this in shorts and a wifebeater if need be. It's Florida so go stainless on the J-frame.
>>
baggy shirt, form fitting pants or shorts. doesn't have to be ridiculous, just enough. carry appendix. or wear button ups open with an undershirt. the open button up prints less than closed
>>
>>34171665
Get a Ruger LCP or a snubnosed revolver like a S&W 642 (without the lock, obviously) or Ruger LCR.
>>
File: 5903 ssv for real.jpg (48KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
5903 ssv for real.jpg
48KB, 700x525px
>>34171665
m&p shields still should have the sale rebate thing on palmetto state. get an m&p shield for like $250 or so

I wouldn't carry pic related but it is pretty sex
>>
File: RR17S9912DTEMR_908_46_1.jpg (158KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
RR17S9912DTEMR_908_46_1.jpg
158KB, 1000x1333px
>>34170822
>>
File: aloha snackbar.jpg (27KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
aloha snackbar.jpg
27KB, 1024x683px
>>34170822
>>
IAC works good in any clothing
>>
I usually just wear jeans a size bigger if I'm going IWB and short sleeve button down shirt that is usually some sort of plaid pattern. The pattern breaks up the outline of the gun.
>>
>>34170822
this is only option for the faggot that is OP
>>
>>34170822
Fellow Floridabro here. I wear 5.11 Tacticals and Taclite Pros for carry and EDC. I started wearing them rolled up to just below the knee cause fuck it's hot down here. I have IWB'd and OWB'd witout issue, but opt for pocket carry cause it's more comfortable and still very concealable. I have pocket carried a P228 over the last year, but I have been slowly working over to a P229 with an XC1. No experience with the new 5.11 jeans, but they will probably be fine.

As for shirts, if you're not a fashionista you can get away with any old Dickies or Red Kap work shirt in whatever color you want. Go a size up from what you would wear for bagginess. I am thinking about converting from all my meme logo T shirts over to XL Red Kap work shirts and just wearing those with 5.11s like a de facto EDC uniform.

And before anyone says otherwise, people honestly don't pay enough attention to what you're wearing to then lead them to notice your gun. My kit is borderline autistic and no one has ever made me on my gun day in and day out due to my clothes/concealment setup. Unless you're really ugly or really sexy or your concealment rig is complete shit, you will not be made based on wearing cargos or jeans or whatever.
>>
>>34172560
seems p good
>>
>>34170822
Just get some nice kaki cargo shorts dumbass.
>>
>pre-faded jeans

what are you a muslim fresh off the refugee boat?
>>
>>34173423
>unironically wearing cargo pants in public

Don't do this
>>
$70 for jeans???
>>
File: IMG_7122.jpg (274KB, 1242x1769px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7122.jpg
274KB, 1242x1769px
>>34171083
This was pretty much me. Carried several different sized guns at 4:30

Felt it printed too much but wife said she couldn't see it (she carries too)

Still paranoid so switch to appendix. Gun literally disappears

surprise several fuddbros with concealment and how much faster I can draw

Been a few years and haven't looked back.
>>
>>34173423
You dress terribly. I'd rather people think I have a gun than dress like that, they might not call you on a gun but they're definitely judging you.
>>34173484
Jeans that are decent (not the ones in the OP) cost that.
>>
>>34173574
Is this for the cunts that have it in their head that jeans are suitable for working? Because they aren't get some tin pants for that shit.
>>
>>34171886
that looks comfy af what is it? looks like Aleister Crowleys pajamas or something
>>
>>34171370
Glock 43 is probably the best compromise for fashion fags. I iwb a 43 with fitted clothes all day
>>
>>34173800
worse than a shield and twice the price
>>
>>34173574
>giving a fuck if people are judging your clothes
>thinking expensive clothes are good
This is what /k/ has become? Y'all faggots done ruined the only good board here. Good job.
>>
>>34173859
>bro I don't give a fuck what they think
>why don't girls like me
Also,
>raw denim isn't good
Have fun with your Cinch jeans or Lee's or whatever.
>>
>>34173683
Rick Owens Beach Coat my guy
>>
File: 456745684568.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
456745684568.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>34170822
You could be wearing a bath towel and still be silent as the footsteps of a navy seal
>>
>>34171449
I was walking into TGI fridays one time this spring and some nigger sitting in his car in the parking lot literally rolled down his window and told me I was printing with my Shield in appendix carry. I was pretty baffled as to how he saw it.
>>
i'm a mega manlet
i've carried a G17 in a vanguard 2
dark shirts help for sure
going up 1 waist size helps a lot for comfort
a holster with a claw that pushes the grip into your stomach helps conceal a lot
>>
>>34170822
I guarantee that you do not have a small frame, and are in fact mildly to morbidly obese. Secondly, I severely doubt that you have the money to buy spandex jeans that your step sister gets at forever 21 for $7.99, let alone buy or own a carry gun

If you have to ask whether you need operator jeans in order to carry, you don't actually carry and probably won't ever.
>>
>>34174789
life in the hood dawg, teaches them to look for stuff like that
>>
Don't be a fucking fag an just OC your pistol. I never understood why people want to always CC when OCing is so much more comfortable and convenient.
>>
File: tight pants, tighter groupings.jpg (92KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
tight pants, tighter groupings.jpg
92KB, 620x406px
>>34170822
>I usually make fun of people who wear 511

That's because you are a faggot. Just admit it and wear skinny jeans.
>>
>>34175019
Because if a situation ever arises where you need to draw then you'll be the first to get shot at or stabbed, probably before you even realise what's going on. If anything its probably more detrimental to your long-term health than not carrying at all.
>>
>>34175056
proof?
>>
>>34170822
Here.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-tailor-your-own-shirt/

What they don't tell you is, use the "surge" setting.

Wear what you normally wear. Carry what you normally carry. Go down to Plato's Closet and get some shirts just a bit bigger, put on your rig, and tailor over it.

The nice thing about Florida is, you can carry a slimmer gun. You don't have to worry about what everyone else is wearing. Up north guys will carry around full size autos and magnums in the winter.
>>
Button-up shirt and a vertical shoulder holster
>>
>>34175062
>5% of feloniously killed police officers are killed with their own guns
>bad guys train each other to strip weapons (I've seen the prison videos)
>pure common sense, if you paint a bullseye on you, you've made yourself a target
>>
get a 5.11 apex pants, you can even wear your normal size, i wear a size down and still very comfortable carrying my glock 19 iwb.
>>
>>34170822
>Not wearing short shorts at all times
>not having a FAL as part of your edc
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.