[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I survived the war in exyugoslavia, ask me anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0609.jpg (1MB, 2500x1625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.jpg
1MB, 2500x1625px
I survived the war in exyugoslavia, ask me anything
>>
>>34169890
do you want Yugoslavia back
>>
>>34169914
Only if Tito was in power. My family walked over a hundred miles to go to his funeral.
>>
>>34169890
how many children do you hide behind?
>>
>>34169890
Favourite song?
>>
>>34169890
Urban survival how to?
>>
>>34169890
If it's yellow, can I let it mellow?
>>
>>34169973
Probably something by Pink Floyd.
>>34169990
Surviving a war is totally different from a SHTF situation, depending on the scenario of course. We went innawoods to survive.
>>34169992
Yes.
>>
>>34170008
I'd think a war would be the *very* definition of shit hitting the fan. But OK, innawoods, Yugo style. Issues with banditry, combatants, UN, etc? Improvisations? Stuff the prepper crowd never things to keep that came in handy or you wished you had?
>>
>>34169890
I am incredulous.
>>
>>34170061
Well I should have worded that differently. I mean a war situation is going to be different from say a natural disaster or a riot.
>Issues with banditry
Not in the area we were in because it was really close to the front lines. Territory that wasn't really held by any group was generally the most dangerous because thats where there tended to be no enforcement of any kind of rules. We had issues mainly with the Serbs due to how close our village was to the front lines but there was also a separatist Bosnian group we were dealing with that made things really dangerous because you never knew who you could trust. The UN was totally worthless and not present in my area.
>Stuff the prepper crowd never things to keep that came in handy or you wished you had?
I see a lot of people in SHTF threads totally ignore basic medicine and knowledge of medical plants that are local to you. Medicine was very hard to come across apart from pain killers, those were everywhere. We only left because I got injured so even a gauze pad would have helped.
>>
>>34170169

what current-day country? Croatia?
>>
>>34170234
I'm in the USA. We did leave through croatia though.
>>
>>34169890
Are you a [insert large power here] cocksucker or a noble slav who always fought against imperial aggression to the end?
oh wait
>muslimbro
kys
>>
>>34170248
Thanks for the bump nigga
>>
>>34170264
no prob, you sucked nazi cock for the wrong reason bro ;)
See allah soon
>>
>>34170272
Thanks again
>>
>>34169914
i think everyone wants it back
>>
>>34170008
usually the only things I write to you is "go kill yourself you muslim scum faggot" so consider this a special occasion, but how old were you during this ordeal and when did you move to the states and how?
t.similar situation except not muslim scum
>>
>>34169890

My dad works for nintendo, ask me anything.
>>
>>34170408
Not the Ultra nationalists.
>>34170443
I was still a kid, I was like 5-6 when we made it to America.
>>
File: USA.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
USA.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>34170466
>I was still a kid, I was like 5-6 when we made it to America.
thanks, how did you get injured and how did your senpai make it here to the land of the based?
>>
>>34170487
The serbs were shelling us and I got shrapnel to the face(literally). My mom carried me for 30 miles through mountainous terrain, over frontline, through ambushes so we could get to a doctor. Once we got to a doctor we were able to get transferred to a hospital in Zagreb. From there we called my family, which was already in America and they were able to get us sponsors to come over.
>>
>>34169923
Educate a burger please. What was the appeal of Tito? I know he was a partisan during ww2, but what makes him great?
>>
>>34170522
congrats, cherish this country with all your heart, respect it, you were young but you could be dead right now but instead you family made it to America. Do you love the USA? Have you been back to yugofalia?
>>
>>34170558
Tito pretty much killed all of the nationalist behavior and we really respect him for standing against the world(USA and USSR) when very little leaders would. There was food for everyone and security as well. Life was just good.
>>34170573
Thanks and I do. Trust me I know better than most how amazing this country is. Yes I love the USA, I wouldn't be living here if I didn't, we had the option to live in Europe, we wanted to come to Murica. Yes I go back generally every summer because we have a home there, so I upkeep our ancestral land and let my family live there when we aren't visiting. I also have plenty of guns there so it gives me more reason to return.
>>
File: wounded.jpg (29KB, 458x480px) Image search: [Google]
wounded.jpg
29KB, 458x480px
>>34170522
How bad were the shrapnel wounds?
>>
>>34170634
Bad enough to require stitches and bleed out. I have a scar above my right eye that goes from the middle of my forehead right to the eyebrow. Think scarface without the scar extending below the eye, it's also not as cool.
>>
Do you own any guns?
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>34170690
Yes plenty. A few in America and a ton back home. Pic related.
>>
File: Scarface-Movie-Al-Pacino.jpg (628KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Scarface-Movie-Al-Pacino.jpg
628KB, 1920x1080px
>>34170656
I reckon you also didn't become a drug dealer and have a mound of cocaine on your desk when you came over.

Funny, I almost lost my eyes as a kid twice, even got the scars to prove it. Both involving a metal toy firetruck. If I need someone to remind me why I shouldn't complain, I got you.
>>
>>34170715
The cocaine was shortly after I came over, it had to come on another plane. Yeah I'm very grateful that the shrapnel didn't go any lower because I would have totally lost the eye. How the heck do you almost lose your eyesight to a toy firetruck?
>>
>>34170768
Back when my family was just starting out, the living room was no wider than a hallway. Now add a couch, TV, coffee table, and hideous rug flooring. Going from what my mama said, I was a hyperactive little shi- adorable munchkin. Tripped once on my dad's leg, so we moved the truck. Other time I think my little brother tripped me, so we just gave it away since we didn't really have the storage space. Have two little gouge marks over both my eyelids, use to call them my "battle wounds" till I was twelve, learned better to be a bit more respectful with all things considered.
>>
>>34170872
Damn close call, funny thing is I almost died due to a fire truck. When I was little my sister threw my truck into a full pool that was like 6ft+ deep and I jumped right in after it. Thankfully my mom was nearby and heard the splash and ran to check immediately and then dove in after me. I was only under for a few seconds but if she was doing something else she wouldn't have heard until it was too late. God damn fire trucks.
>>
>>34169890
do you suck your own dick?
>>
>>34170957
No, american girls are fairly easy.
>>
>>34170909
Heh, that was actually one of dad's worst fears for me as kid, drowning and all. I can still remember my first day swimming. I was chucked into the pool. Worth it though, ignoring the potential hearing loss from infection and slightly lost pride from pissing in the pool. Won't lie, feels good.

Couldn't blame my parents for being protective, with my level of wanderlust and stupidity. Incidents like over in China n' shit made his paranoia even worse.

Luckily, the only thing that gave him more a bug up his ass is dumping liquid fuel onto fire while it's still burning.
>>
I like how you can handle the bants bruh, especially with that trip
>>
>>34171043
Lol from what I understand I was really restless as a kid and always starting fires. I almost burned down three separate homes with my stupid games.
>>34171076
If you can't handle the bants then 4chan probably isn't the right place and honestly I've been through much worse than having people call me names.
>>
>>34171089
All at once or three separate incidents?
>>
>>34171110
Three separate incidents. Once I set my aunts couch on fire, another time I burned a big fire next to my cousins boiler and furnace, the last time I lit a bunch of sparklers inside to see what happens. I was really fucking crazy as a kid. Me and my cousins used to ride our bikes off of their neighbors garage, like the roof.
>>
>>34170008
>>34169923
>>34169890
Wwhat was the must fucked up shit you saw and did

Did you see people die and get raped?

Did you enjoy the war or hate it any regrets

What do you think of jihadists and the musljm terrorists

Where do you live now
>>
>>34171134
I'd ask how you started the first two fires, but seeing how flammable everything my house use to be, I wouldn't be surprised. I probably couldn't get away with it much though, fire alarm goes crazy simply cooking a shit meal.

Same with garages and roofs, know almost no one and last time I went off my roof I almost lost my manhood to a pine tree.

Sparklers sound fun though, what you burn?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Medak_Pocket

Fuck you Croat scum shooting at us Canucks trying to help you
>>
>>34169890
>muslimbro

Literally remove yourself from life you piece of shit
>>
>>34171215
I was a kid so I didn't really do any fucked up shit. I really have any memories of seeing fucked up shit but I remember the artillery strikes which were scary and loud as fuck. People were dying all around, I'm sure I saw it but I don't have a recollection of it. I don't really enjoy or hate the war because while we got our independence we also paid a heavy price for it, but I think it was totally worth it.
>What do you think of jihadists and the musljm terrorists
I hate the scum, I don't even think about them and if we were near each other we would probably try to kill each other.

I live in USA now.
>>34171226
I got access to a lighter and some flammable material, I think I just lit the couch on fire, at my cousins I lit a bunch of paper on fire. With the sparklers I removed the grey stuff, put it on the floor, and lit it on fire and watched the carpet burn.

>>34171246
I'm not a Croat, although my grandpappies fought for the Croats during ww2. One was Ustasha and other was with the NDH.

>>34171261

Those are some serious feels.
>>
File: 1496435516587.jpg (309KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
1496435516587.jpg
309KB, 601x665px
>>34171261
Rude.
>>
>>34171291
Ultimate floor is lava experience.
>>
>>34169890
Were your family members of the communist party?
>>
>>34171418
Yes and no, some of my older relatives were straight up commies serving right under Tito which is kind of strange because I also had family that fought against the partisans.
>>
>>34170709
what kind of guns do you have back home
>>
>>34171584
I have quite a variety back home, more so than I do here in the USA. I got a couple M70s, M76s, M53s, a recoilless rifle, a bunch of mausers SKSes TTs. It may seem like a lot to Americans but this is all actually stuff that is really common, you can go to most houses and find guns like that.
>>
There was a pic about life during the Bosnian war, it said things like toilet paper would have been traded away if there was any, and that living alone was a death sentence, more people living with you equals more guns. I couldn't find it and I heard the author was debunked. Do you know which picture I'm talking about, and how accurate is it even if it wasn't written by an actual survivor of the war?
>>
>>34171810
I think I know the one you're talking about. Generally yes a lot of it is correct but living in a big city and a smaller town or village during the war is totally different. Some villages never saw any fighting while others were totally destroyed. Some areas the highest value thing was water because you were totally surrounded and had absolutely no way of reliably getting resources.
>>
>>34171836
That's interesting, thanks
>>
>>34171893
No problem
>>
Obrazuj ih, buraz, svaki komentar ti je zlatan.Jos uvijek nisu svjesni da im zemlja lagano pocinje liciti na staru Jugu prije raspada, povodljiviji su od nas nekad...Vecina ove raje stece 'ratna iskustva' i upoznaje svijet preko youtube-a i iz onog sto im se servira, ...Puno pozdrava od slicne situacije, nekad petogodisnjeg izbjeglice, iz Sa
>>
File: 1455239770853.jpg (1MB, 1489x2935px) Image search: [Google]
1455239770853.jpg
1MB, 1489x2935px
>>34171836
>>
>>34172001
Hvala puno buraz, ova raja nema pojma od rata i koliko ljudi samo poludili o tim stvar, u koju drzavu zivis?
>>34172005
Depends what town he was in. There are quite a few things that aren't true in that article but I'm not going to go through and list every single one. He places a lot of emphasis on having a ton of guns and ammo when that wasn't necessary in all areas. My area is really mountainous and woody so if you know the area you can pack your shit and leave without anyone being able to get to you. If you were in ARBiH territory you were mainly okay but anywhere near the front or in territory that was held by no one was a death sentence.
>>
>>34171654
>a recoilless rifle
>>
Yugobro here as well, what's your favorite kind of pita?
>>
>>34172612
Potato and cheese are top
>>
>>34172550
Sorry missed your post, yeah it's an osa
>>
>>34169890
You weren't getting your daily (you)s trolling in other threads huh
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.