[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Walther P99

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: WaltherP99Y2K.jpg (118KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
WaltherP99Y2K.jpg
118KB, 650x429px
I'm looking to get into striker-fired polyguns, and Glocks are cool but they don't really "do it* for me.

I really like the looks and ergos of the P99 and I was wondering what anons here had to say about them, especially since I haven't really seen them on /k/.

Are they good, are they garbage, and am I an idiot for wanting one as my first striker pistol?
>>
File: aesthetic_walther.jpg (1MB, 2446x2835px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic_walther.jpg
1MB, 2446x2835px
>>34169156
They are the best striker-fired polymer handgun that exists.

They have three firing modes: DA, SA, and AS. In double action you have a standard and legitimate double action which is smooth and breaks around 9 #. The single action is a true single action with a short take up, short reset, and breaks around 5 #. The single action trigger is even better than the PPQ's trigger. Then the Anti-Stress gives you the length of the double action trigger but the 5 # pull if you want something inbetween.

Gen I has the best aesthetics but the proprietary rail means you won't really be usin accessories without a rail adapter, which is dumb. The Gen III is the modern and rounded version with the upgraded frame and slie and the elongated mag release and pic rail. Depending on whether you want function or looks, those are your best bets. Gen II and 2.5's have bits and pieces of transitional guns.

You won't go wrong with a P99.
>>
>>34169156
You can LARP as Polish cops with the P99AS.
>>
>>34169156
Walthers are toys.
>>
>>34169156
One of the best pistols I own, my current nightstand gun, and probably my carry once I decide to get off my ass and get a CC permit.
Great ergos, top tier trigger, DA/SA with a decocker is a plus for me since that's what I'm more comfortable with, good aesthetics especially the gen 1 if you can get your hands on it, though the massive paddle release and usable rail on the current gens is nice too.

The only "bad" things I could even think of saying that aren't shitpost-tier like "m-muh logo" are that the AS trigger takes a bit of getting used too at first, and the paddle mag release is a turn-off for some.
>>
>>34169305
Maybe if he got a PPQ frame for it he could.
>>
>>34169295
Your p1 is so sexy it makes me angry
>>
>>34169336
If I'm not mistaken the sights are plastic, though I'm sure you could get aftermarket night sights
>>
>>34169156
not to hijack ur thread but im turning 21 soon and im looking at getting a walther for my cc.

What model do u lads recommend?

PPS M2? CCP? other?
>>
>>34169365
That's true, but I didn't list it because it's not an inherent problem with the gun, and P99 sights are really easy to replace.
>>
File: Walther_P38k.jpg (159KB, 960x946px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_P38k.jpg
159KB, 960x946px
>>34169348
Thanks friendo

>>34169383
PPS M1 if you're looking for subcompact, P99 AS if not. The CCP is for women, although amazing.
>>
>>34169316
Go shoot yourself with one and tell us how it felt
>>
>>34169336
>>34169295
OP here, and thanks for the info.

I really like all the sensible trigger options and carry-oriented ergonomic features on the P99.

Polyguns will always be tools to me, rather than works of art like the 1911/M92/HiPower/CZ-75/Luger's of the world, and the P99 seems like an incredibly well-thought out and designed tool, that also happens to be a e s t h e t i c AF.
>>
File: walthers.jpg (892KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
walthers.jpg
892KB, 5184x3456px
>>34169156
Solid gun. I love the paddle release and ergos. The deocker is neat but I rarely use it, personally I like just having to deal with one trigger pull but thats just me. I'd still take a PPQ over it but its an awesome gun. Also PPQ m1 and P99 mags are interchangeable which is nice.

>>34169383
PPS m1/m2. The ccp is being recalled right now and people have been reporting reliability issues. I've had a few in the rather small number of rounds I've put through it.
>>
>>34169156
>Redpill me on the Walther P9
You can't buy one. I've been trying to find one for 6 months.
>>
What's the point of the ski ramp in the 1st gen, anyway?
>>
>>34169649
Ya, thats another huge problem. Pretty much limited to the internet.
>>
>>34169661
If you can find an in stock P99 AS 9x19 gen 3 ANYWHERE, I'll buy you a PPQ.
>>
the P320 will do it for you.
>>
>>34169670
You're in luck if you live in Florida, shop I work at has a trade in
>>
>>34169844
Unfortunately I do not live in Florida and I was thinking more brand new, unless the price is right.
>>
>>34169649
You and me both. Is the P99 even still in production, or are the shortages due to Walther just not importing them?
>>
>>34169670
I bought mine brand new last March. Took 3 months of calling gun stores and a drive across Georgia to find one. P99 AS Gen 3. Mags are $50 though. Mine was the last one in the store of course.
>>
>>34170421
I remember hearing they only import one batch a year.
>>34169670
This looks in stock

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/product_info.php?cPath=479_620&products_id=5687
>>
>>34169305
This, just don't try fire them.
>>
>>34169156
Good luck finding one in anything other than .40
>>
>>34169348
Good news friend it's not a p1 it's a fucking abortion.
>>
>>34169295
Hmm sounds like there are a lot of ways to go wrong if you aren't a total walther dick gobbling fanboi. Kys wehraboo
>>
File: P99c.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
P99c.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
I have the compact version, I love it
>>
>>34169383
PPS m2 has a 100 dollar rebate right now.

I personally like the m2 more than the first gen. Smoother action and better ergo for me. PPS first gen also has the back strap safety in that if it's not there it disables the gun. It's not a problem for shooting, it's just an additional point of failure. First gen mags also have plastic sticking out that fits into the backstrap to lock it in. Some people want the rail, I don't see it that vital for a carry gun. There are proprietary options for lights and lasers for the M2 if you really want those options though.
>>
File: HP_Walther_2017.jpg (176KB, 960x581px) Image search: [Google]
HP_Walther_2017.jpg
176KB, 960x581px
>>34169660
The idea was to allow a larger trigger guard while at the same time limiting the ability of any foreign objects to get into the trigger guard to find its way in front and accidentally pull the trigger.

Its a minor thing and there's a reason that they ditched it so early on.

>>34170421
>>34170445
They do biannual runs on importation six months apart, not sure about manufacturing.

>>34170906
Sounds like sour grapes to me
>>
>>34170906
Hmm sounds like you're not only ignorant but lazy. Go glockleg yourself
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.