[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig p320 va Glock quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (21KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 310x266px
Is it me or does the frame on the p320 seem more durable and sturdy? I haven't handled one but from photos I can't seem to see any seam mold marks, Glock has a really shitty seam mold mark going down the frame.
Seems like an inherent structural weakness.
Plus you can remove what is legally the gun, the trigger assembly, and put into another frame.

I want a glock 21 and I'll get one but I do wish the p320 got a lot more popular so that I could find one for the same price and that there were cheap threaded barrels and that they had a 10mm conversion kit.
>>
>>34168290
Not really, there are mold marks underneath and the in the front; also since the frame is designed to be removed, the plastic they use is kind of cheap, I can use my finger nail and scratch the frame on my P320.
Also with the .45 model of the P320, due to the thicker and slightly modified trigger pack, you lose modularity between the other (currently) available calibers. They still have all the sizes for frames and slides on the .45 model so you're not really missing anything as frame swapping is the only real benefit of being modular, but you wouldn't be able to use a frame for a 9x19 model, for example.
That being said the P320 is a great pistol and I like my P320 compact much more than my G19. The P320 is only going to gain in popularity as the Army and Airforce have adopted it (M17 and M18), as well as US Border patrol and ICE.
>>
>>34168290
>Is it me or does the frame on the p320 seem more durable and sturdy?
It's 100% you. You can scratch a P320 frame with your fingernail, and torture tests on Youtube have shown the frames to melt under continuous semi-automatic fire, whereas Glocks were designed to withstand machinegun fire while maintaining a pretty low overall temperature (check out Iraqveteran8888's Glock 18 torture test).
>>
>>34168602
>Frame has slight deformation after putting 1000 rounds through in 20~ minutes
>still works
>implying this is a real complaint
>>
>>34168666
The question was which gun is more durable and sturdy than the other. Not which gun will still function after melting slightly .
>one gun's frame melts, while the other gun's frame doesn't melt
The facts are right there for you to see, if you weren't seeing everything through the reality-distorting filter of your ego.
>>
>>34168571
Apparently the Border Patrol/ICE thing is only supposed to go as far as replacing the P229s in inventory, and not the P2000s. I've heard that a lot of agents love their P2000s, so I imagine that it will be a while before they move on from those.
>>
>>34168290
The p320 comes with about 120 dollar nightsights so that's a pretty big plus
I just bought mine and took it out too the range yesterday and the only complaint I have is it's a big bitch to take apart and clean as in it has a lever you have to push down which was hard for me to do, as someone who benches 315 pound
>>
>>34168781
>as someone who benches 315 pound
I'm a lazy fat ass who hasn't seen a gym in more than 2 years and I take down, clean, and reassemble my P320 every two weeks while watching you tube vids.

If this operation is causing you difficulty, you are either grossly incompetent, or you're a fucking liar about your gym proclivities.
>>
>>34168804
>I'm a lazy fantass
That doesn't sound very healthy anon
>>
>>34168834
It really isn't. I'm down 60 pounds through dieting, but I am going to have to come to grips with physical activity sooner or later, desu. I am very much aware of my predicament, and working to correct it. That's more than some can say.
>>
>>34168781
The lever is a bitch to turn if you don't push at the perfect angle. Use the magazine to push it and it turns easy.
>>
>>34168881
Good lad
>>34168936
Thank u
I nearly broke my thumb trying to push that shit down
>>
>>34168936
>>34168781
The take-down procedure for the P320 is so extremely easy and straightforward that I thought you were being facetious. If you think it's "hard," then you're just not doing it right. It isn't something you can force from an incorrect angle, but if you approach it from the correct angle, even a grandma could do it.
>>
>Glock
>has been around for +30 years and proven worldwide from various capacities such as civilian use, military and law enforcement
>Sig P320
>2 years old and isn't as proven due to its new introductory to the market

Gee, I wonder. And the older generation magazines have had design issues.
>>
Both pistols are fine, rent both at a range, decide which one feels better to you. If they both feel good (they probably will) just choose on aesthetics. The striker fired market is so saturated right now if you get a pistol from a major manufacturer sig, hk, glock, walther, fn, you really can't go wrong.
>>
File: glock fanbois.jpg (80KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
glock fanbois.jpg
80KB, 1000x618px
>when no one buys into your "muh proven pistol" rant
>>
You can scratch the p320 frame with your god damn finger nail. It's definitely inferior to any glock frame.
>>
>>34168602
>a hard material can scratch a soft material

I'll call Ripley's
>>
>>34169529
I have no exeperience with neither pistols but are you actually defending
>You can scratch a P320 frame with your fingernail
>>
>>34169544
You'd be surprised at what you can scratch with your fingernail

if it was more rigid you'd be and to scratch your phones glass with it, especially if they're dirty
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34169577
You might be surprised at what you CAN'T scratch with your fingernail. Namely, a Glock frame.
>>
Oh look its this thread again.
>>
>>34170467
You very much could, you're just not applying enough pressure.

Idk how soft the plastic is on the SIG because I've never handled one but i would be willing to bet that's some form of residue or grip layer like you find on cellphones that's actually being scratched off

But i could be wrong
>>
>>34171453
>>Idk how soft the plastic is on the SIG because I've never handled one
Yes, that much is obvious from talking to you.
>>
File: 1468091446016.png (686KB, 835x658px) Image search: [Google]
1468091446016.png
686KB, 835x658px
>>34168290
Quite the opposite acually. Scraping your fingernail against the frame of a p320 will be enough to leave a permanent scratch in the frame. For some reason (perhaps legal?), sig went with a softer polymer recipe compared to many other manufacturers.
>>
>>34174268
that reason would be cost
the only way legality would be involved is if the better cheaper option fucked up the environment with byproducts and laywers made the call not to
>>
File: 1495243017672.jpg (494KB, 1200x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1495243017672.jpg
494KB, 1200x1020px
>>34170467
pls mate, get on the Glock-hate train. It's 2017! You don't want to be still using an 80s gun that all these new polymer guns were trying to copy in 2017 do you?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.