[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

File: 3-P30LS-V3-RIGHT-AUG-8-2014.jpg (33KB, 724x565px) Image search: [Google]
3-P30LS-V3-RIGHT-AUG-8-2014.jpg
33KB, 724x565px
Should I like it?
>>
if you like P30s then yeah
>>
>>34168260
its a noice gun too bad I cant have them in cuckifornia
>>
A somewhat affordable HK. They pretty good shooters from what hear.
>>
File: what the actual fuck.jpg (50KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.jpg
50KB, 852x479px
>>34170942
>A somewhat affordable HK.

$850 is "somewhat affordable"?
>>
>>34170942
They cost more than every HK pistol in production that's not a tactical model or Mark 23
>>
>>34170981
Don't USPs still go for for about a $1000?
>>
>>34170981
HK45 costs more.
>>
>>34170994
Hell no. If you pay more than like $850 you're wrong.
>>34171000
You're right, forgot about this one.
>>
>>34170994
The P30, P30L, USP and USP Compacts all sell in the same general price range of $750-900, depending on where you buy it. The .40 caliber models in all these series are often marked down significantly, often into the $550-600 range.

It's the P30SK that you're thinking of, which sells in the $500 range, with the VP9 and VP9SK. Also, the P2000 and P2000SK tend to sell for $550-600, sometimes a bit less.
>>
>>34168260
If you like gritty double actions triggers and heavy single actions then yes... Or you can spend 600 and get a Beretta 92 and have a better gun.
>>
>>34171063
>If you like gritty double actions trigger
This varies by gun and almost always polishes up on its own after 1000 rounds.

>heavy single actions
Off base. 4.5-5 lbs is the same as your Beretta.

>Beretta 92
>better gun
Arguable. If someone doesn't want to have a lever that can decock his gun or engage the safety when clearing a malfunction, then the 92 is far worse.
>>
>>34171063
How does your beretta handle swimming in salt water?
>>
>>34168260

I have one on layaway, I'm picking mine up on Friday.

I'm only spending $640.

I fucking love Texas.
>>
>>34171211
What caliber? $640 before or after taxes?
>>
>>34171100
I wouldn't know given the fact THAT I DONT GO SWIMMING WITH MY GUNS

That being said a beretta 92 is too bulky for CC, a P30 isn't.
>>
File: d-day1.jpg (287KB, 1645x1041px) Image search: [Google]
d-day1.jpg
287KB, 1645x1041px
>>34171257

That's what these guys used to say. Until they actually had to take a swim with their guns.
>>
>>34171085
>>34171100
>Every HK DA/SA ive owned has a had a shitty DA, even my 45 tactical

>my Beretta has a d spring, so its about 8 lbs double action and 3.5 to 4 lbs SA
compared to a HK that has a fucking brickish 12 lbs that stacks like hell

>yfw all my 92's have g conversions that costs me only 30 bucks a pop

>yfw my berettas are both Inox AND I don't fucking live near the ocean?

Only cool thing made by HK is the fucking P7... Now thats a mans gun
>>
>>34171337
HK triggers are shit when you dry fire but accurate as shit when shooting live. German space magic.
>>
>>34171337
I've owned five HKs and only one of them had a gritty DA trigger out of the box, which smoothed out when I polished some machining marks on the trigger transfer bar. I have no idea what you are complaining about with the single action trigger. Sure, a Sig is going to have a bit more of a crisp break, but there's not a WHOLE lot of things to complain about. It's much more crisp than the CZ 75 single action break.
>>
>>34170967
Try slickguns senpai, i found multiple links to sites with the FS variant for like 600
>>
>>34171429
In what caliber?
>>
I have a USP 9mm, P30L 9mm, Sig P226 9mm, Beretta 92, and CZ P09.

Out of all the fullsize DA/SA guns I own I like the P30L the most, it is the best built and I enjoy shoot the most. Having said that, I shoot the P09 the most as I shoot it better.

The CZ and the HK's are the best DA/SA guns on the market right now imo.
>>
>>34171429
What caliber, senpai?
>>
>>34171427
Well for 800-900 plus bucks I kinda expect the trigger to be better than it is AND the frame is poly.

So basically the Hk's aren't any better than a Beretta to justify 200-300 more dollars.

Oh and CZ's are pure slav sex.
>>
>>34170967
Seems average for an acceptable gun. Low end 500, high end 900. Anything higher is usually niche or gucci.
>>
>>34171523
>AND the frame is poly

Your Beretta can get grit in the rails, damage the fragile anodizing layer and start abrading the soft aluminum alloy pretty easily, leading to cracks. The steel-reinforced polymer frame with steel rail tabs of the HK is not damaged like this. The polymer also flexes under recoil instead of absorbing the shock like alloy does, which makes the HK inherently more resistant to the frame cracking.

>>34171555
You can get a Beretta PX4, which is also a hammer-fired polymer frame handgun from a high end firearms manufacturer, for $450 online. I like both, but how much extra value are you getting for nearly twice the sticker price?
>>
File: Muh P30.jpg (2MB, 2838x5045px) Image search: [Google]
Muh P30.jpg
2MB, 2838x5045px
>>34170967
Yes you fucking poor faggot.
>>34168260
Yes, they're pretty great.
>>34170981
Wrong. They cost as much as a USP and HK45s are more expensive.
>>34171063
Hey, it's someone who doesn't own a P30 talking out their ass about the P30. Surprise.
>Not buying the only version worth having, the V1 LEM
Pleb.
>>34171211
Great deal. You'll love it.
>>34171280
Well luckily neither Beretta owners nor HK owners are invading France.
>>34171337
>P30 suck guize
>P7 is a good gun
Wut?
>>
File: HK USP Compacts.jpg (2MB, 2735x1682px) Image search: [Google]
HK USP Compacts.jpg
2MB, 2735x1682px
>>34171063
None of my USPs have this "gritty" trigger people keep memeing about.
>>
>>34171595
>Defending plastic this hard

Polymer is awfully vague anon. Theres a reason marketing bastardized it so they didn't have to print glass reinforced nylon on the box.

So of course you can get plastic pistol for sub 500. They're a lesser quality material to use.

Grit between the rails will abrade any material. Its literally sand paper.

Flexing while firing can also be a con you know. Cleaning solvents also have the nasty habit of attacking carbon, something the bonds of plastic polymers need very much.

This thread isn't about metal vs plastic though, lets not degrade into another endless squabble about it
>>
File: P4110014.jpg (38KB, 439x278px) Image search: [Google]
P4110014.jpg
38KB, 439x278px
>>34171692
>Grit between the rails will abrade any material. Its literally sand paper.
On a Beretta or a Sig, the grit gets trapped in the extended frame/slide rail channel. It has nowhere to go, so unless you clean the gun frequently, it will continue abrading indefinitely. On something like a Glock or an HK, the grit is free to fall out of the slide rail, since the frame rail tabs don't extend the full length. They are self-cleaning.

>Polymer is awfully vague anon. Theres a reason marketing bastardized it so they didn't have to print glass reinforced nylon on the box.
It's ironic that you're accusing me of being vague while using weasel words and vacuous statements to say exactly nothing about any gun in particular yourself.

>So of course you can get plastic pistol for sub 500. They're a lesser quality material to use.
I used reason and evidence to show how they are more durable, which is a positive aspect, regardless of price. If you disagree with me, then provide your argument as to why you think durability isn't that great of a thing to have a gun have lots of.

>Flexing while firing can also be a con you know. Cleaning solvents also have the nasty habit of attacking carbon, something the bonds of plastic polymers need very much.
This is another vacuous statement that you have not supported with any evidence.

>This thread isn't about metal vs plastic though, lets not degrade into another endless squabble about it
>he says as he proceeds to throw a shitfit about why he thinks his Beretta being better than everything else.
>>
File: P30LLEM R93.jpg (760KB, 1304x700px) Image search: [Google]
P30LLEM R93.jpg
760KB, 1304x700px
>>34168260
If you are a lefty who wants a TDA with a safety, then you really can't go wrong.
>>
>>34171040
Adding to your input, which is dead on, the LEM variants tend to deman an extra 50-150 bucks depending (for instance CDNN is pushing P30 LEM 40S&Ws out of the back of a box truck on the freeway at $600 a pop, but a P30L LEM in 9mm is still gonna fetch ~$950 best fucking price and like 1,100-1,200 brick and mortar.
>>
>>34171607
>admits that the LEM version is only good version
>will sadly never know how awesome a p7 is because too poor

>>34171669
>has three of the same fucking gun and expects everyone to think he has no bias LOL

>>34171595
>m9 frames in the military have TENS OF THOUSANDS of rounds on the frames
>grit on the rails
>Steel tabs sheering off isn't a problem (kek)
>implying a HK is smoother shooting or less recoil is laughable
>>
>>34171607
>durrr if its not super expensive its shit
>doesnt know the glory of czechnology
Grow up and buy a 75 sp 01
>>
>>34171829
>>m9 frames in the military have TENS OF THOUSANDS of rounds on the frames
Did you ever wonder why there are 1911's that had a service life all the way from 1918-1980 - and I'm talking about individual guns that lasted that long. But the Army was begging for a replacement to the M9 after less than 20 years in service?
>>grit on the rails
This isn't a complete sentence. Please try again.
>>Steel tabs sheering off isn't a problem (kek)
*Citation needed
>>implying a HK is smoother shooting or less recoil is laughable
The only one laughing is me.
>smoother shooter
>implying you are able to define that totally objective word vomit.
>>
>>34171829
>admits that the LEM version is only good version
It's the only version of any handgun worth buying. HK LEM or SIG DAK. Otherwise go SAO or DAO. SA/DA is a meme.
>>34171878
>durrr if its not super expensive its shit
Where did I say that? Oh, I didn't? You're just retarded? I said it was somewhat affordable for an HK like the other anon said. If you can't afford $850 for a gun then you're a poorfag.
>>
>>34171888
>still trying to justify his overpriced glock with terminology like
>muh grit wearing the frame down LOL
>implying I live in the desert with fucking sand storms and goat herders
>inb4 muh carbon is like sandpaper meme
>>
>>34171829
>>has three of the same fucking gun and expects everyone to think he has no bias LOL
I can't figure out how you think you are refuting the evidence that I posted to the thread, so all I can say in response here is that you're too immature for /k/. Please come back until you're 18 or older.
>>
>>34171951
SA/DA is perfectly fine. People that can't shoot a DA/SA simply can't shoot period. The fundamentals are the same regardless of trigger pull.
>>
>>34171974
Please express yourself with complete sentences. You aren't good enough at greentexting to communicate coherent thoughts. It's like I'm reading an ESL Indian person's garbled word vomit when they get emotional and forget how to spell.
>>
File: USP9c Resistence 9 2.jpg (661KB, 1080x640px) Image search: [Google]
USP9c Resistence 9 2.jpg
661KB, 1080x640px
>>34171669
I like your style, the 40 and 9 are LEM right? My only USP compact has a crazy configuration.

LEM....with a safety....an ambi safety

gonna send it back to HK one of these days and pull the safety, or maybe not, it's got some flavor.

(disclaimer - it's not the dedicated host to the can, but it looks so goood this way)
>>
>>34172009
Yes, those are LEM, but I put in a lighter hammer spring and lighter trigger return spring, so technically they are light LEM. These guns are pretty easy to disassemble. You could just buy the necessary parts from hkparts.net and do it yourself. I think for your gun, you would only need a solid hammer axle to just have a regular LEM set up.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1929&idcategory=198
>>
>>34171888
>Did you ever wonder why there are 1911's that had a service life all the way from 1918-1980 - and I'm talking about individual guns that lasted that long. But the Army was begging for a replacement to the M9 after less than 20 years in service?

1: The military brass from 1918-1980 stubborn cuz "muh caliber"
2: Because m4/m16 takes precedence over a pistol?
3: The military has to SPEND their budget or they lose money the next year, hence the p320.

Armorers are already busy AF and could care less about doing pm's on a backup weapon when there are plenty of m16's and machine guns that need maintenance. The p320 lets them switch out whole trigger groups instead a spring or a pin like they do on a Beretta.

So the p320 is a complete waste of money meant to streamline a essentially backup weapon's ability to be repaired.
>>
File: P30L LEM 5 18 17 3.jpg (555KB, 996x747px) Image search: [Google]
P30L LEM 5 18 17 3.jpg
555KB, 996x747px
>>34172056
When/if I ever decide to do it, I'll take that under advisement sir

V1 LEM masterrace
>>
File: Jerichopotato.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jerichopotato.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
>>34171779
I'm not whatever anon you were arguing about sand and berettas about. Its a minor flaw that probably wont come into play for most people.

I didn't need to specify a gun. sand paper will abrade any gun regardless of its brand or pedigree. Maybe certain ones have design elements to help alleviate it, but it will still abrade the rails. I personally use grease on mine, so sand doesn't have much room to do damage.
If you really wanted ammunition to try and get my goat. I typically carry a Jericho 941. I'm sure the jews know a thing or two about sand.

I'm not sure how you supplied evidence. You made statements without sources just as i did.

But heres one of the guys at Battlefield Nevada describing pistol failures at their range rental. Glocks in particular were having a hard time because the frame goes full jello and stresses the slide.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/160140_High-round-count-pistols--100-000---observations.html

If you want a source on solvents damaging plastic guns, just take some hoppes, or acetone and rub a little on a clean area. Any black residue would be plastic (Unless you have an off color tan/neon pink frame of course)
>>
>>34172138
>I didn't need to specify a gun. sand paper will abrade any gun regardless of its brand or pedigree.
You're wrong in such a profound way that I need to tell you to go back and re-read my original comment before proceeding. HINT: >>34171595
>grit in the rails, damage the fragile anodizing layer and start abrading the soft aluminum alloy pretty easily, leading to cracks
Key terms: fragile anodizing layer, soft aluminum alloy
Now take a look at the gun you posted. Is it relevant to this conversation? No, it is not.

>But heres one of the guys at Battlefield Nevada describing pistol failures at their range rental. Glocks in particular were having a hard time because the frame goes full jello and stresses the slide.
That isn't what the link says at all. Are you sure you took off your "ego glasses"? Because the reality you are reporting on is tainted heavily by what appears to be your own ego, or some other emotional response. Here's what he actually said:
>I can tell you that even though I am not a "Glock guy", it is the most reliable handgun in our inventory and I would trust it with my life.
>The Glock gets used probably 10X as much as our Beretta M92's so it's not a fair to say the Beretta is more reliable (see below).
>it would be fair to say that they get at least 100,000 rounds before cracking.

>If you want a source on solvents damaging plastic guns, just take some hoppes, or acetone and rub a little on a clean area. Any black residue would be plastic (Unless you have an off color tan/neon pink frame of course)
You don't understand the claim that you are making. Dissolving a bit of black dye - which I have NEVER seen a gun cleaning solvent do - isn't the same claim thing as undermining the structural integrity of a polymer handgun frame to such a point as to make the gun fall apart because it was cleaned.
>>
>>34172222
Have you tried reading past page one? Deeper in near the end you'll see all 6 of their glocks are KO. If i linked the right thread.

Are you really goign to say plastic is stronger than alumininum? You can specify "steel reinforced" plastic, but thats certainly still susceptible to sand.

Its not the dye that woudl worry me. Its the palstic the dye was bonded to. Sure one or two cleanings isn't goign to do shit. Give it 50 years like all the rusted 1911s.
>>
>>34172222
>fragile anodizing layer
>soft aluminum alloy

And any of this is relevant to fucking anyone? So the slide gets a little more slop after 100k rounds? How many times has this been a issue ever in the past 30 years?
>>
>>34170916
There legal ways around the pistol roster in CA. You just need to know someone out of state that is willing to buy one, then send it to your FFL, where it's then transferred to your name. It's a pain and more expensive but worth it if you really want something.
>>
>>34172360
Do you understand the purpose of the anodizing, anon? It's because the anodized layer has an extremely high hardness. When hardened steel abrades unanodized aluminum (softer), the aluminum tends to wear away, often unevenly. This is what leads to crack formation. The anodizing protects against those situations arising.

>>34172300
I'd say that 100,000 rounds is a damn good lifespan for a handgun. Find me data showing that Beretta M9's last longer. I'll wait.

>Are you really goign to say plastic is stronger than alumininum? You can specify "steel reinforced" plastic, but thats certainly still susceptible to sand.
You're not using your brain when you're typing. The slide rails DON'T RIDE ON PLASTIC, you numbnuts. Steel on steel of equal hardness doesn't abrade itself. I brought up GRIT, not sand, because that's how you'll get anodizing to abrade and start flaking off the gun.

>Its not the dye that woudl worry me. Its the palstic the dye was bonded to. Sure one or two cleanings isn't goign to do shit. Give it 50 years like all the rusted 1911s.
Again, I've never seen a gun solvent that dissolved a Glock frame. You might not be using an appropriate chemical to clean your guns, I don't know, but we aren't having the same results here. You claim that you can make patches turn black and that has nothing to do with dirt in the frame, and you're actually dissolving the plastic. Assuming that's what's happening (I don't think it is), you are not providing enough evidence to show that removing a fraction of a micron of plastic is enough to break down the structural integrity of the frame.

And finally, even assuming that these Glocks' frames are wobbling, which stresses the slides to the point of causing the failures, the HK polymer frames are reinforced with steel. They would still flex, but inherently a lot less than the Glocks. So you can't say that it has no effect. It's important to note BECAUSE OF the evidence you presented.
>>
File: 1494591762446.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494591762446.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>34172300
>Deeper in near the end you'll see all 6 of their glocks are KO
>The Glock gets used probably 10X as much
wdhmbt
>>
>>34171988
Thank you for saying this anon. It seems to me that for whatever reason, people hate on DA/SA actions simply because THEY cannot shoot them well.

There are many shooters (myself included) that shoot just as quickly with a striker fired gun as they do with a DA/SA. The shooters ability to hit is completely dependent on their skill level. I find DA/SA guns much more enjoyable on the range (better SA triggers), and prefer the heavier trigger for carry. This effectively gives me one gun that is a good range toy, and a good CCW.

I carry a CZ p07 btw.
>>
>>34171988
>>34173038
I don't dislike DA/SA because I can't shoot it well, I dislike it because I (and most people) can shoot other triggers much better. A good DA/SA isn't bad, it's just an outdated concept.
>>
>>34173038
There's a little bit of a higher bar to pass to become proficient with DA/SA, and when you are training basically by yourself at the range most of the time, it can be hard to know your true level of mastery. People wonder if they will really remember to compensate for each trigger pull weight when their heart is racing and they are in fear for their life. I think, for a lot of people, there's just a comfort factor of "If and when when crunch time comes and I need to use the gun in self-defense, why put my skills to a harder test than I really have to," and they select a gun with a different firing system for self-defense.
>>
>>34172842
The beginning ones were gen1-3. the gen4s all srack the lside at some point. some a few months in. the last page or two from the end should tldr
>>
Where the fuck are people finding USP40s and P30 .40S&W for under $700?
I'm in WA and the lowest ive seen any of the USPs is $800 and around the same for the p30.
>>
>>34173729
Online. Use your skills, senpai.
>>
>>34173999
>tfw too scared to buy guns online
>>
>>34170967

They are $600 without tax here in lower Texas.
>>
>>34174276
In what caliber, senpai?
>>
>>34171100

>Implying a Glock 17 isn't the best gun for saltwater

H&K detail stripping is more complex than needed.... like most Kraut things.
>>
>>34174355
How is your greentexted meme and the rest of your comment related?
>>
>>34174340

>40 short and weak
>>
>>34174453
Yep.
>>
>>34173729
https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html#category_2=FIREARMS%2FHANDGUNS&manufacturer=HECKLER%20%26%20KOCH
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.