[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safety and Firearms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 10458557.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10458557.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
I notice that this board discusses weapons, but what about safe storage? Can we have recommendations for good quality and budget safety gear?

In particular, do you have suggestions for any of the following:
>gun safes
>trigger locks, cable locks
>ear protection, eye protection
>>
File: boring-320x226.jpg (16KB, 320x226px) Image search: [Google]
boring-320x226.jpg
16KB, 320x226px
>>34167753
Yeah fuck that OP, what a shitty thread idea.

Also, inb4 9001 spergs sperging out about "OMG UR NAWT REDDIE 4 HOEM INVASHUN!!!"
>>
>>34167881
In my country, firearms must be stored securely. I dont know a good safe brand that is also inexpensive. That is my primary interest.

Do you burgers just hide your guns under your floorboards?
>>
>>34167753
The best way to keep someone from stealing your guns is not letting anyone know you have them.
>>
>>34167753
Check these things, and if the "safe" has them all, you should be ok.

>Solid plate door, not composite

Composites looks thicker but are actually very thin sheets of steel wrapped around fire board to give the appearance of a thick strong door

>Mechanical lock

Not as convenient as electric but less chance of not being able to get into safe due to electronic lock failing

>Recessed door

Helps prevent against pry attacks.

All these things are only relevant if you bolt the safe down. Make sure that you do. Also I would try to place the safe somewhere where the walls would be hard to get to and provide less leverage and access from manual and power tools. Remember that a gun safe is only a timed deterrent, given enough time any safe can be gotten into. Best to also have alarm in house to allow less time to access safe.
>>
>>34167918
i have a safe about the same size as the one in your pic made by Winchester that I store all my long guns in. My two pistols are in my bedroom nightstand and home office though.

Don't use cable locks though since gunsafe guns are secure and don't want to mess around with a lock on my pistols if I ever needed to use them
>>
>>34167936
I don't think you understand. It is a criminal offense not to store a firearms safely in my country. Also, all guns must be registered. I understand Americans can keep their guns in many places, but for those of us who do not have this privilege, what are our options?

>>34167958
>>34167975
Thank you, this is good advice. You guys seem to know your stuff.
>>
>>34167918
No I have a safe for my guns and a locking cabinet for ammo/accessories.
But then again I have 26ish guns and I'd rather not have them hidden around my house.
>>
security is an illusion. safes will cook your guns in the event of a fire. yes even fire resistant ones.
>>
>>34167978
where you from? New Zealand?
>>
>>34167995
Canada
>>
>>34168003
My boss is from NZ and he told me that it's required by law to have firearms secured in one safe and ammo secured in another safe in separate room.Also said the authorities could come at anytime to check that you are compliant. He was completely ok with that system too and said the US needs to adopt a similar system.

Was the most cucked thing I had heard of and I live in California.
>>
>>34168065
That sounds like a similar system to us. As opposed to America, where guns are a right, here, guns are a privilege. The best we can do is exercise our options legally.

In my opinion, I think people should undergo a basic aptitude test to ensure you are safe with a gun, but since your country was founded with the 2nd amendment, I can understand why Americans don't want the system to be changed
>>
>>34168121
Like I said I live in California and I had to take a gun safety test to purchase handguns, and the certificate you receive allows you to purchase guns for a certain number of years before you need to retake. ( think this has now been expanded for long guns as well i believe, but it's been years since I bought my last gun).

With that being said I'm kinda torn, on one hand I believe all law abiding citizens should be allowed to own a firearm without these hoops, but on the other hand if you failed that test you are borderline retarded and should probably be culled.
>>
>>34167753
Reminder that a hidden compartment will protect guns from theft infinitely better than a $20 000 safe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.