[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm or 40?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: RUG_3470R.jpg (16KB, 535x389px) Image search: [Google]
RUG_3470R.jpg
16KB, 535x389px
Was looking for a 9mm like every other guy, should I switch to 40 instead?
>want 9mm with 15rds because colorado cuckpacity
>preferably Ruger
>Rugwe factory 9mm options are either 10rd or 17rd
>however 40 comes in 15rd even

I mean I could just get a glock 19 which fits every criteria but the ruger double stacks felt nicer and cheaper
>>
File: 10180671.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10180671.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>34167504
I have the Sr40c as my daily carry. It's cheap, reliable, and doesn't have a glock logo. I feel bad about putting good ammo in 40 down it sometimes being as cheap as it is for a 40.. but fuck it.
I really want a Sig Pro in 40 after shooting this.
>>
It's strange, ruger handguns (excluding revolvers) are rarely talked about on /k/, and I don't know if I'm happy they aren't openly mocked/masturbated to like glocks or if I'm disappointed. I have an Sr9 and I like it, but if you're looking for a ccw you'd probably want the Sr9c/Sr40c. As for the 9mm vs .40 dilemma, I'd say it's a matter of opinion as the cost difference per round is rather negligible. Spare magazines and aftermarket products are both kind of hard to find/expensive near me so I'd hate to be stuck with the 10 rd magazines.
>>
>>34167504
Most .40s will be fine. If you really want a full size handgun and are willing to spend more, I'd recommend a Glock 22 Gen 4 or H&K USP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il7nZkYEr4M
>>
>>34169089
So if .40 is a bisexual compromise, which one if gay? 9 or .45?
>>
>>34169115
.380 ACP.
>>
You pay about 3-5 cent more per round, not a big deal. Though if I wasn't carrying the thing I wouldn't really give a fuck about capacity - are you going to carry it OP? It's a pretty large gun. I hope you're not falling for the home defense meme.
>>
>>34169177
One can reasonably concealed carry a full size handgun. Holster choice is the most important part of CC'ing a full size handgun. Vedder Lighttucks work well for me.
>>
>>34167504

Get a Glock 20 or Glock 29
(10mm Auto)

But load .40s&w into it.
I believe even TFB wrote an article giving a thumbs up on the reliability of this combination despite the obvious mismatch.

Its able to chamber and extract .40 just fine, and the overbuilt capacity ensures no pop-bangs. The square firing pin doesnt pose any risks to punch-through on the primer.

> you can also fire 10mm auto with it, yknow, if you want to have .357 magnum firepower at hand.

The 29 is the compact version, 10 rounds. The 20 has 15 rounds.
>>
File: 1491634699571.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1491634699571.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>>34167504
>>34167615
>>34168860
>Ruger Semi-autos
>>
>>34167504
It is one of the best handling .40's you can buy. If you get the Compact those will come with a shorter barrel but a grip extension with the full magazine that makes the grip like the full size. But should you switch to 40 from 9mm? Yes, it's a better 45acp. It's only a compromise round if you can't shoot, can't think, or believe the FBI's ammo choices are infallible.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.