[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the gamo break barrel use pump action or co2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1249.png (495KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1249.png
495KB, 2001x1125px
I cant figure out how it shoots 1300fps on a single pump. Im assuming the pump is not an air pump and that it must be using co2 cartridges. Right?
>>
>>34167176
It uses a spring-loaded piston that cocks back when you fully break the action open.

After you lock the action back up and you pull the trigger, said piston would release and ram forward, compressing air rapidly in the chamber behind the pellet and barrel.
>>
>>34167344
This nigger is correct.

Also should mention that 1300fps is only achievable with the correct pellet.
>>
>>34167369
Shitballs.
So why would anybody buy a benjamin 392 instead of this?
>>
>>34167525
Well theyre each different calibers for one thing.
>>
File: P1070162-2.jpg (323KB, 1178x446px) Image search: [Google]
P1070162-2.jpg
323KB, 1178x446px
>>34167344
what he said
I have a 1300fps 177 gun and a 1000fps 22cal gamo.
I use pellets that keep them both ~900fps though. 10.5gr in the 177, regular 14.3gr crosman HP pellets in the 22cal.
The 10.5gr pellet actually feels like it hits with more energy than the 8gr pellets that are launching faster.
>>
>>34167591
So the .22 really isnt going much faster than the benjamin when shooting a ~14-15 grain pellet?
>>
>>34167591
The 10.5gr .177 Crossman pellets are easily my favorite pellet.
>>
File: 900fps 22pellet.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
900fps 22pellet.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>34168294
Same for 177cal. The gf and I don't buy anything else for our plinking fun. They're easily the most consistent shooting pellet for us. I still like predator polymags for reactive targets though, webm related.
The 22cal crosman HPs(while they don't expand most of the time) are really accurate too and have never left me wanting a better pellet for targets.
>>34168165
Well, that extra FPS does really make a difference if you actually want any chance for expansion. Crosman destroyers don't seem to need too much speed, but the poly tipped ones are a waste of time for a 500-600fps gun.
Even my 22cal with crosman HPs @~900fps will be hit and miss on expanding shot into a water jug right at the muzzle.
>>
>>34168495
Are the gamos reliable? Are all of them the same fps for a given cal or is there a most powerful model in 22?
I was abt to get a ben 392 but i want to know if the gamos are reliable.
>>
File: P1070309.jpg (2MB, 1920x2452px) Image search: [Google]
P1070309.jpg
2MB, 1920x2452px
>>34169565
My gamo whisper pro 1000fps 22cal is a lot more fun than the 177 cal. It's the most powerful model I know of, but you might find something with more power online if you go looking. And the iron sights are really nice on them which is a HUGE factor for me.
I've never had a bit of issue with it. But I use irons exclusively. The high power gamo scope mounts are kindof trashy and beat themselves to death. They'd need replacing if you were going to seriously scope it long term. Just assume you'll spend some more money on that if you scope it. But I like to use irons on my pellet guns anyway.
Get a cheap set of rimfire spinners for 10 bucks and you're in pellet plinking heaven.
>>
Thanks for the input you guys!
>>
>>34169996

You're clearly a moron and a child who isn't buying anything, so why not just shut the fuck up and fuck off?
>>
>>34167525
Because springers take a ton of practice to shoot even semi accurately. They're like an open bolt firearm. Huge lock time and recoil begins before the bullet even moves.
>>
>>34169619
It's not just the mounts. Springers beat the hell out of scopes, even high quality ones.
>>
>>34171402
Got tha right. Artillery hold and absolute consistency are crucial with piston airguns, else accuracy goes bye-bye. And never dry fire. Breaks the spring and/or the piston. And if you let the barrel come up fast, if the anti-beartrap mechanism fails, you may lose a finger while loading and your barrel will look like it's happy to see you, gone all banana-shaped.
>>
>>34171448
Get a Leapers Bugbuster scope. They're decent to look through and don't cost a lot, and are specifically rated for the double-recoil of a springer.
>>
>>34171448
I still don't understand why people put scopes on slug guns.
>>
>>34173461
Trolling? Pellet guns aren't slug guns. What are you trying to say?
>>
>>34173514
People call them slug guns over here, .177 or .22 air rifles.
>>
>>34173532
Huh, don't know where over here is, but that's news to me here in Canada. Airguns, mostly, pellet guns second. Anyway, I shoot HFT and some of the guys I shoot with use German and English springers with very nice glass on top. They score over 95%, some of these guys, and two were at the last world championships... though they used PCP rifles for that. Springers are a fun challenge. And with practice and a decent scope one can make dime sized groups past 50 metres with a quality model and good LW barrel.
>>
>>34173591
Not for smallbore, for small game. Seems like a fucking retarded idea having glass at such short distances and with stuff that moves and on a gun that is likely to fuck the scope.
>>
>>34169619
Can confirm. My silent stalker beat the fuck out of the mounts, riser, and the scope itself.
The riser literally fucking deformed.
>>
I haven't been into pellet guns for a few years. Does Gamo still try to sell those PBA Raptor Alloy bullshits!?!...1200 fps because your shooting tin foil! Most inaccurate, inconsistent projectile you can fire from anything with rifling!
>>
>>34173461
That's the dumbest term for them I've ever heard.
>>
>>34173607
Well maybe if you need corrective glasses some day you'll understand wanting a scope. I haven't been able to use open sights since my mid-40's so a nice Leupold or Burris scope with which to bring focus into line with my eye is a big help. As in i couldn't hit a squirrel at 10 metres with iron sights at age 55, but with a good scope it's easy out to 50. I don't use my springers scoped though. Prefer a red dot on those, as I only use them for plinking. A PCP is so much easier to shoot accurately on small game.
>>
>>34169565
have been using a Shadow for years. once I dialed in the right weight ammo, it's a tackdriver.

Personally, 50 yards is the sweet spot on 6.5 pellets with a Prostaff 2-7x32. Remove honk and tree rats easy peasy
>>
Generally JSB round nosed pellets are going to deliver the best accuracy. Try a few different weights, but for a magnum springer probably the JSB Exact Heavy 18gr in, 22" will be best.
>>
>>34173715
Phone keyboard... argh. .22" not 22".
>>
>>34170066
Are you the owner of my LGS?
>>
>>34173461
To kill fuzzy woodland creatures at 50+ yards.
>>
>>34174201
Then use a .22lr you retard. Slug guns are for ducks in your garden and magpies eating dog food.
>>
>>34174803
What the fuck is up with this guy and his slug guns? Have you never bothered to look at what airguns have evolved into? A break barrel piston type is now better than ever, but it's also the shitty third cousin in the modern airgunning world. Have a look at Edgun, Wicked Air Rifles, Air Force, FX, Air Arms, Daystate, Steyr, and a host of other amazing gun manufacturers. But it seems likely your opinion is coming from doing all your shopping at the closest Walmart to your trailer park... so not likely that'll change.
>>
>>34174840
I own a 1000fps one just like every other cunt. But I also own a .22 so why the fuck would I use the slug gun for anything other then shooting shit in my garden from 20m?
>>
1300 FPS is only achieved with the super inaccurate lightweight alloy pellets. Gamos are fine rifles but if you want to hit what you aim at get the heavier lead pellets and expect about 900-950 fps in .177 cal.
>>
>>34174861
Quietness, for one. My 20fpe PCP with 5" of K baffles in front is about as loud as a moderate cough. My .22lr rifle with 9" of K baffles is several times as loud with CCI SV. With neighbors all around, I'm not about to shoot the firearm in the yard. The air rifle I can shoot all day and no one will notice. And as it's accurate within an inch at 70 yards I don't have any problem, with the .22lr being about the ssame level of precision. For pest critters the firearm is overkill, when good shot placement with the airgun kills them just as thoroughly. Where are you from that this 'slug gun' thing is supposedly normal? Never heard the term before.
>>
>>34173461
Mine doesn't have irons.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.