[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lever action !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: watermark_1.jpg (48KB, 2000x483px) Image search: [Google]
watermark_1.jpg
48KB, 2000x483px
Hi /k/ I was doing some research for my first gun and I found pic related in .22.
I'm french so if I want a semi auto gun I have to do some heavy paperwork and wait a year.
I was wondering if a lever action in .22 was good for a beginner.
I could buy a pump action in 12ga or even a mosin but ammunition cost way more...
>>
If you can find a cheap used lever .22 go for it. I'd recommend bolt action though.
>>
For a first gun, .22 is great. Better to buy something with cheap ammunition that you will shoot more than something you can't afford to shoot. Also, 22lr will feed better through a tube than it will in a box magazine anyways.

Definitely a decent pick.
>>
Thanks
>>
French here. Not a bad choice, as said .22 is good for beginners. Most people get a bolt action but there is nothing wrong with levers. They are fun to shoot and that's important.

They are a bit slower to reload but that's not a problem most of the time. Speedloader can be made pretty easily if necessary.

Do a bit of research before buying though, some are better than others. Norincos are cheap but are known for being finicky.
>>
>>34165814
Ok, no Norincos.
>>
>>34165106
Get a CZ 455 or an Anschuetz if you can afford one. Bolt action is the best action.
>>
Henry makes the best .22lr lever action rifle. If you want bolt action instead of lever action, CZ makes some damn fine .22lr rifles.
>>
>>34165106
>I was wondering if a lever action in .22 was good for a beginner.
Yeah, absolutely. It's great gun for a beginner. Have fun French-bro.
>>
>>34167126
Yes, we get it. But levers are fun, they aren't bad rifles, and for some use cases they are better, such as horse-mounted. Which was their main use case to begin with.
>>
>>34165106
I have one and its a lot of fun.
I slapped an air rifle scope on it too for the hell of it,and I still bring it out to shoot every time I go to the range.
>>
>>34165106
I had a Henry .22 for a bit and it really was a hell of a gun, very accurate with just the regular irons, and very reliable. Action is very smooth and feels great. If you really have a love for lever actions, it's the one to grab for .22 for sure.

Plus, .22's are really good beginner guns, the ammo is cheap and plentiful (I suppose I can't comment on that specifically for France) but teach you the fundamentals of shooting and weapons handling without significant recoil or muzzle rise. As other Anons have mentioned bolt actions are a lot of fun too, there's just something about working an action that's really satisfying.
>>
>>34165124
Lever actions are better than bolt actions though.
>>
>>34167126
>CZ
CZ triggers my autism. Iron sights and shitty scope mount or no irons and good scope mount? Won't buy both.
>>
>>34165106
Not just a great beginner gun but a great gun. My Henry .22 lever action is still one of my favorite firearms and I have quite a few semi autos.
>>
Bumping and hijacking this thread:
30-30, 45-70, or just shoot pistol calibers?
>>
>>34173053
What are you getting it for? Deer? Backcountry bear/cougar protection? Plinking?
>>
>>34169929
I wouldn't say better, I'd say different. Get one if you want but just know bolt actions are more accurate and just as fast. The main thing with levers is the cartridges, but for .22 it makes no difference.
>>
>>34173053
If you live in a place where you can easily get handguns I'd say go for .357.
>>
>>34173105
mostly range funs, but i may take it out a couple times per year for deer.

i don't currently reload but i may do so in the future
>>
>>34167148
>Henry makes the best .22lr lever action rifle.

Damn fine rifle but not as good as a old Marlin 39A... Browning BL-22 if you have money to spare.
>>
>>34173151
30-30s not too expensive, also a fucking awesome brush round, and will easily drop big reds. Only own a 30-30 so I can't tell you about other stuff.
>>
>>34173180
Thanks. The only other consideration is that I may buy a 44 mag in the future but a hypothetical purchase seems to be a flimsy excuse to force a caliber
>>
File: IMG_2562.jpg (47KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2562.jpg
47KB, 1024x680px
>>34173200
Please let me live vicariously through you.
>>
>>34173053
>>34173151
44 mag if you want a feeding port (marlin), 357 if you're okay with tube fed (Henry).
>>
>>34173180
Could be worse, I inherited a .35 Rem Marlin.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.