[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First gun recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0452_zps852c39ed.jpg (56KB, 650x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452_zps852c39ed.jpg
56KB, 650x444px
Wanting to learn to shoot to let off steam (in the sense of enjoying a hobby, not related to anger), improve my marksmanship, and to exercise a pretty unique American right.

Total noob. If possible I want a semi-auto rifle under 600. Any suggestions? What should I look at?

Shooting a handful of times with friends and family, I have really enjoyed the unfuckability of AKs (and am admittedly charmed with the engineering). But I also know I'm probably a meme right now.

Also anything I should know about buying in Texas (relatively new to the state as well)?
>>
AR15
R
But seriously though they're dirt cheap right now.
Retailers stockpiled a shitton of them in preparation for a Clinton presidency and now they're just dumping them all.
Alternatively get a semiauto .22 rifle, but to be honest you can get an AR15 for almost as much. Ammo will be more expensive though.

Ruger Mark 4 is a great handgun for plinking at the range, but it's a bit pricey for a .22.
CZ75s are good all metal handguns, and you can get them in a variety of calibers.
If you dig the 1911 aesthetic, Rock Island Armory sells good value 1911s.
>>
File: IMG_2024.png (90KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2024.png
90KB, 320x272px
>>34164312
>First gun recommendations
>pic of bubba-fied SBR'd bullpup SKS
>>
AK AR is cool. But in a long run, FAL is way to go.

Best way to practice your marksmanship and having fun is actually shooting a handgun. Get a glock then.
>>
>>34164312
If you run any bullpup, make sure you get a magnetic repel trigger. It turns crutan trigger pulls into a hot knife on butter.

Word.
>>
>>
>>34164672
I have a feeling anything bullpup is a bit out of my range, but they are so goddamn sexy. I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.
>>
>>34164594
hahahaha, desu I was just hoping to catch some eyeballs
>>
>>34164453
Anybody have any AR15 recommendations?
>>
>>34164312
If you're a complete noob and want a semi-auto, I'd recommend a 10/22 or marlin model 60. You can have either one plus a brick or two of ammo for well under 300 bucks, so it's a cheap and fun gun for practicing the fundamentals of marksmanship.

On a side note, why do I get the impression that /k/ hates every gun that isn't well-suited for actual combat?
>>
>>34166100
Because half the gun owners on /k/ don't shoot them. Or more really. Idk
>>
>>34166076
Not sure if anyone here has anything to say one way or another about them, but i and two others have Palmetto State Armory budget mode rifles and they work fine. Cheap too, got mine slightly before the election at under 500 iirc. No more than 6 after transfer fees and all that.

Be warned tho, they have been known to have piss poor cyber security and have had credit card leaks in the past.
>>
>>34164312
>Total noob

ruger 10/22

learn how to shoot before you kill something accidentally

you can always sell it those things are very popular
>>
File: snug frog.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
snug frog.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
>>34166137
>only own a .22
>actually take it shooting on a regular basis

Why buy guns if you never actually use them?
>>
>>34166529
Don't worry anon ;) I was just referring to my ownership experience. I grew up plinking with Rugers and at one point I got whatever the lowest qualifying level of NRA marksman certification is over a weekend. I've just never owned or shot regularly.

Not promising I won't still kill things by accident though.
>>
>>34167408
>;)
Get out
>>
>>34166180
>Palmetto State Armory
Thanks for the tip!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.