[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/, im enlisting soon and part of me is growing more and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 20170427_173209.png (885KB, 1342x1036px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_173209.png
885KB, 1342x1036px
Hello /k/, im enlisting soon and part of me is growing more and more concerned that i'll be wasting the prime time of my life, im 20 with a year of a university under my belt. Anyone who sevred feel like they regret it/missed out on youth? Would appreciate some geniune advice.

>inb4 HURRRR IF YURRR THINKING TWICE ITS NOT FURR YOU HURRDY HURR DERKER DER
>>
>>34161560
>a year of university
Failed both semesters?
>>
http://amagicalplace.wikia.com/wiki/Should_I_join_the_military_/k/%3F
>>
>>34161560
have you talked with anyone who has served?

Honestly since there no real war going on you better not be going in as infantry or some shit.
>>
>>34161579
Nah, wanted to enlist before but i told my parents id try a year first to see if i liked it.
>>
>>34161594
Coast Guard.

Please be gentle
>>
>>34161560
It's not for everyone.

If you're not in it to kill dudes and go camping, or make a steady (but small) trickle of money to support a family, or some similar emotionally satisfying reason...fuck off. The military has plenty of suckers, we don't need more.
>>
>>34161583
Radical, thank you
>>
>>34161610
Nah, im in it because i have no idea what the heck i want to do with my life, i want to shoot at things, and that neato GI bill
>>
>>34161609
You should have really mentioned that off the bat, since these threads are usually created by future muhreens and infanteers. Coast Guard is nothing like any other branch and honestly one of the better 2 choices. Other being air force.
>>
File: 1464618714877.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1464618714877.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
>mfw im seeking life advice from /k/
>>
>>34161636
Then you'll probably do alright in the CG. Enjoy painting decks and getting a tan.

And stop being a mentally weak pussy. Can you not analyze a problem and make a decision on your own? That's, like, a 10yo mental age dude. Teens were commanding fleets at younger ages than you.
>>
>>34161583
If I suffer with depression, what would happen if I join? I fully believe my depression is solely because my life is going nowhere and I have nothing to do but sit around by myself.
>>
>>34161683
Im usually a fairly confident man when it comes to shit like this, but its the idea of not getting any poon for four years thats eating away at my mind.

Also heck, i'll get wicked tan and end up looking like that fish from Spongeboy that that cuntwale dances with
>>
>>34161695
This isnt me the OP, before you dig into me
>>
>>34161707
>but its the idea of not getting any poon for four years thats eating away at my mind

wtf? what makes you think this?
>>
>>34161732
Wait will there be oppritunities to disappoint women?
>>
20 right now with a year of uni. I'm in rasp at the moment. I was in your exact circumstance 6 months ago. If I could go back in time I would enlist into national guard.
Bonuses: paycheck, time, finish degree, some unis wave tuition for NG members, tuition assistance, still serve.

Cons: none. You can switch to active very easily if you don't like NG.

My advice is go NG and see how you like it. If you love It, go active. If it's not for you, it's one weekend a month for a paycheck and maybe free college. Plus a gi bill if you sign for 6. Hope whatever you do makes you happy anon
>>
>>34161732
They'll find out he's in the Coast Guard.
>>
>>34161707
You're joining the CG m8 not a Siberian prison camp. You're never going to be away from shore more than 6 months at a time, probably a lot less.

There will be plenty of shore time.
>>
>>34161720
This isn't the (You) I wanted.
>>
>>34161749
Topkek
Such a worthless branch, OP why don't you go full homo and joined the military police
>>
File: 74025.jpg (37KB, 638x603px) Image search: [Google]
74025.jpg
37KB, 638x603px
>>34161770
Have a meme, its the best i, op, can do for you.
>>
>>34161769
Can i play AOE2 and hit on women though
>>
>>34161804
Pathetically hit on women is what i really mean
>>
>>34161748
Not OP, but I've heard it's actually pretty difficult to go active duty once you're in the NG. That said, I'm (hopefully) joining the Air Guard soon and everything else sounds great. Mainly doing it for tuition because my state pays for 100% of it, but also to bolster my resume with some credentials (job training) I'm hoping will get me some interviews and also to kick my ass into gear so I'm motivated to get things done
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.