[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NFA SBR violation for 14.5 barrel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2415.jpg (62KB, 1600x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2415.jpg
62KB, 1600x372px
Hey guys, I have a, uh, friend who wants to know the likelihood of being prosecuted for an NFA violation for a 14.5 Colt SOCOM upper. This friend really doesn't like pinning and welding stuff.
>>
why are you so fucking stupid and gay
just weld it using a material with a lower melting temperature so you can unfuck it later if you want to
>>
>>34160515
But this dude also doesn't like those gay ass extendo-flash hiders
>>
>>34160498
Some are just advertised as 14.5 barrels since they don't count the extra 1.5 inch of the FH. At least they do on some sites i've explored
>>
Depends on your friend. If hes gonna run up to cops "Hey lookit what I got!", or call the ATF down on himself his prosecution is more likely than if he tends to avoid ranges populated with government thugs.
>>
>>34160539
>Some are just advertised as 14.5 barrels since they don't count the extra 1.5 inch of the FH
Because the ATF doesn't count that, either. You have to permanently attach it to have it count for the length of the barrel.
>>
>>34160498
The only time it could backfire is if there is ever reason for LEO to scrutinize the gun.
>Use it in a shooting
>get arrested committing crime with it on you
> being an autist who lets people know
You are violating the law
Other then that, no LEO will likely pay you any mind
>>
Now that you've posted this to a federally-monitored website, the possibility of being prosecuted is approaching 99%
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (66KB, 640x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
66KB, 640x682px
>>34160498
>friend
Who's your friend OP?
>>
>>34160590
Someone who thinks extended a2 flash hides are for cucks and who thinks pinning and welding is a pita.
>>
>>34160538
so then get a suppressor you whiny faggot
>>
File: FP10.5-5.56M4-10FGS-SW_00.jpg (6KB, 320x229px) Image search: [Google]
FP10.5-5.56M4-10FGS-SW_00.jpg
6KB, 320x229px
>>34160498
wouldn't it be a perfectly legal "AR-Pistol" if you put the proper "stock" on it?
>>
>>34160648
>blind pinning a suppressor.
>>
File: Pistol6.jpg (459KB, 949x536px) Image search: [Google]
Pistol6.jpg
459KB, 949x536px
>>34160657
>>
>>34160676
>continually refusing to accept the solutions presented to you
>>
Tell your friend to just red loctite it. It's not a legal fix but anyone who tries to take it off won't be able to, which is how they check.

But they never check unless you commit a crime with it anyway, so...
>>
>>34160567
Or ATF is hanging out incognito at your local range and they buttfuck you when you pull ot out of the case
>>
>>34160695
I didn't ask for solutions.
>>34160699
Red loctite is going to fail.
>>
>>34160657
This.
Also, putting yourself at risk over having to have a pinned flash hider or 1.5" extra barrel. WTF is wrong with you?

Some of us lived through the "Assault Weapon Ban" and you can't even be happy with a pinned flash hider?

If you are that much of an autistic that your CoD M4gery has to be exact dimensions that just Tax stamp that bitch as an SBR and quit putting your ass on the line over something so petty.
>>
>>34160708
It only fails from extreme heat. Unless you're chooting like an absolute retard it'll be fine.

But we've established you actually are retarded, so forget about it. Just weld the damn thing you lazy mongoloid.
>>
>>34160722
>can't read
>thinks I'm OP
>>
Private land? Low but still a chance and cheaper and easier to do it legally than spending time in prison and paying fines. Or just use a brace and keep it a pistol.
>>
>>34160498
ITT: A bunch of BATFE cock sucking cucks who are afraid of civil disobedience.
>>
File: le edgy cuck meme.jpg (419KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
le edgy cuck meme.jpg
419KB, 1200x1000px
>>34160807
>"cuck" now means people who don't want to go to federal-pound-me-in-the-ass-prison
>>
>>34160718
This

If an added 1.5" bothers you then just get an SBR stamp like anyone else who doesn't want to end up with Federal charges, prison time, fines and the right to own any firearm taken from them.

Call it "bowing down to your communist overlords" all you want at least the option is there. How fucking stupid is your "friend" going to feel when hes in a court room because 1.5" was so out of the question.
>>
File: IMG_1121.jpg (26KB, 800x193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1121.jpg
26KB, 800x193px
>>34160498
Why dont you not be a dumbass over just 1.5" and buy the socom 14.5" assembly from BCM (select pinned muzzle brake).

Its only $45 extra to have it shipped w/ the pinned muzzle you dipshit
>>
>>34160498

Do you have land to shoot it on/access to private land to shoot it on? If yes, do whatever the fuck you want with any gun. If you don't, and must use public (public in this case meaning, anyone can join) ranges, no, you can't. If the only people who will ever see it are people you can trust, LEO will, in all likelihood, never give a shit. But if you bring it to a range there's always one Fudd or LEO-wana-be that will report your ass so it's not worth the risk.

I have a friend, hahaha, who bought that long barrel Auto-Ordinance Thompson, who re-machined the barrel (bridgeports are awesome) and dropped in an auto sear. Is that illegal? Of fucking course. Does it *ever* leave *his* property? Hell no.
>>
>>34161213
I can't wait to get some fudd up in my shit about my SBR so I can take my tax stamp copy and shove it down his throat

any day now hopefully
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 512x422px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 512x422px
>>34160538
Dying from the ugliness of old school extendo hiders? You're welcome.
http://faxonfirearms.com/parts-accessories/muzzle-devices/
>>
Unless you go out telling people about it, literally nobody would even notice its a 14.5. That being said, there's no reason to not just pin the damn thing unless you're too incompetent to realize 1.5" means nothing.
>>
who the fuck cares about a pin job?
>>
File: atf.jpg (23KB, 344x274px) Image search: [Google]
atf.jpg
23KB, 344x274px
>>34160701
You'll know if they're ATF. This happened at a local range.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.