[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which AK to buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: laromydk (1 of 23).jpg (126KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
laromydk (1 of 23).jpg
126KB, 1000x540px
Hello /k/,

Thinking about exploring the AK world; owned only a few ARs until now. So far, I've got it down to one of two options.

The first is a Lee Armory Battlefield Pickup (a Romanian military surplus parts kit build on a US 4150 Nitrided barrel and a Morrissey Receiver). Pic related; the fit and finish look to be pretty good; the receiver has the little details like the extra "Y" stamp on the left side; the trigger is a Tapco G2; lastly, the barrel is threaded for a standard muzzle device and the gas block maintains the bayonet lug.

On the other hand, I can get a Romanian SAR-1 rifle. The primary advantage of this rifle is that it's a original Romanian hammer-forged chrome-lined barrel on a Romanian receiver. (Some say that the Romanian military used this model to train recruits before graduating up to the select-fire MD63 variants, but I'm not 100% sure on that.) However, because it was a ban-era gun, its muzzle is unthreaded and the bayonet lugs have been shaved off. The seller says that the front and rear sight blocks are straight, but the finish looks to be your typical rough parkerization.

I can get both for roughly the same price ($650 shipped). Which of these two options would you recommend, and which do you think will hold its value better?

(Also, I live in CA. So either way I'm stuck with a grip wrap and cucked 10-round magazines. I'd like a Kalash, though, for the ability to dick around with a side rail optic down the line, rather than an SKS.)
>>
Don't waste your money. Just move.
>>
>>34158951
FN-FAL
>>
>>34158951
Rule of thumb, 90 percent of american made aks are garbage.While 90 pecent of foreign aks are good to go.
>>
>>34158951
Also, have US barrels gotten better? I remember reading a few years ago to avoid them, but I figure if manufacturers can make a decent Nitrided AR barrel; why not an AK barrel? Just would like your input there.
>>
>>34158951
Build one yourself
I'm not joking, CA will eventually ban all by name and they will have the ability to tell who owns a noncompliant gun
>>
this is a no-brainer. get the SAR-1.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.