[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Del-Ton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-06-04-13-24-26-1846234318.jpg (9KB, 342x147px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-04-13-24-26-1846234318.jpg
9KB, 342x147px
Now, outside of /k/ I've heard nothing but good things about Del-Ton. They're good AR's. But it seems /k/ has a problem with every rifle that's not some $2000 spikes tactical ultra beyond mil-spec carbine.

I've shot 1000 rounds out of my Del-Ton and have had only one jame, and that was due to me not cleaning and lubing it. So far it's been extremely reliable, very accurate, hold zero, and also has all mil-spec parts, it even has m4 feed ramps.

What's /k/'s issue? Is there problem with Del-Ton?
>>
>>34158344
No, just /arg/ is filled with retarded richfags, and you've put more rounds through your rifle than 90% of /arg/.
>>
>>34158344
If it's a 1/9 twist barrel I don't want it touching me.
>>
>>34158392
Why? Not everybody shoots 77grn fancy loads.
>>
>>34158344

/k/ is a weird mix of poorfags who shit on anything fancier than bare necessity, and elitists who may or may not even own anything nice and shit on anything that isn't gucci as fuck

A small percentage of us, like myself, just like guns in general, cheap or expensive

Basically /k/ is a bunch of faggots and don't trust anyone's opinion, just come here to learn
>>
>>34158392
I shoot 55gr
>>
anyone else noticed that ever since the election and ARs plummeting in price, gun people have gotten to be way more snobby about cheap ARs, saying they're shit, etc?
>>
>>34158344
I own a Del-Ton upper on an Anderson lower: a true "poorfag" AR, but it works fucking great, and I've had zero problems with it. Literally the only thing I wish mine had was chrome lining, and Del-Ton does offer that, but my upper wasn't direct from Del-Ton, so I got what they had. No actual regrets though.

>>34158504
No, I feel like this was prior as well.
>>
>>34158504

That's a factor, but AR fags have always been fags

I bought a Doublestar HCAR (M4 clone but with a heavy barrel) back in 2012 or 2013, just a basic bitch AR, to this day I haven't done much with it, just iron sights and stock furniture. I don't even know if the company is around anymore, I bought it on buds for $675. I have received hate for it, but I've blasted thousands of rounds of steel case through it and it hasn't given me any shit. Within the first 100 rounds I had two hangups, both were from the same batch of reloaded ammo I got at a gunshow. Otherwise I've shot Remington, Federal, Tula, American Eagle, M193, plenty through it and it's fine
>>
>>34158344
>shoots 1000 rnds and jams once
This along will trigger any snobby /k/ fag with a Doodle defense who thinks his 15 in quad rail gives him super aimbot accuracy.

I love the rifles delton has put out and if I get another AR223 i'll probably get one. My buddy has a really nice Delton he uses for 3gun and it hasn't failed on him yet
>>
I have my discount bushmaster that i got at Academy about a weel before the orlando shooting. It was on sale for $625 with a $75 rebate. Ive put close to 1500 rounds of steel and brass through it and had one FTE.
I ended up spray painting and making it fugly af to post on ARG/ to piss them off
>>
>>34158616
This is mine, but I got it for $600 total. It's a fantastic gun. It only jammed because I didn't clean it right or lube it, that was when I didn't know shit about AR's
>>
>>34158653

You're doing god's work anon
>>
>>34158663
Woops forgot the link

https://www.del-ton.com/DTI_16_Carbine_MOE_Rifle_p/rfth16-moe.htm
>>
>>34158616
Any one practicing and competing in 2 or 3 gun is putting a shit ton of rounds through their gun. Sounds like it's a good shooter.
>>
File: 1471316160155.jpg (63KB, 720x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471316160155.jpg
63KB, 720x594px
>>34158480
>my Walmart has Tula steel case 55gr for $4.90 for a box of 20
Can't wait for my next day off
>>
File: Snapchat-1272615618.jpg (936KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1272615618.jpg
936KB, 1080x1920px
>>34158673
Thank you, I do try
>>
>>34158697
Jesus that's cheap, I should checkout Walmart for cheap ammo. The only thing with tula, is everytime I shoot it for some reason the bullets richochet. It literally only happens with tula and idk why.
>>
>>34158504

I find the greater irony to be in the AK world, where it used to be "Avoid WASR-10, get anything else" and is now "WASR-10 is pretty good!"
>>
Should I get a del-ton sport, an M&P 2, or an AR556 as baby's first AR?

I know dick about ARs so I don't know what the practical difference is between the three other than barrel twist.
>>
>>34158663
>>34158663
Looks like a nice rifle. I find it hard to hate on any AR as long as it isn't some ATI or PSA crap. Even those do just about as much as the shooter needs them to, they're just kinda cheaply made.
>>
>>34158710
Nothing wrong with buying from Walmart. I tend to check there before I check my lgs or online. Saving money is saving money. Also that's weird about ricochets.
>>
>>34158728
Get the Del-Ton so you can have based bayonet lug.
>>
>>34158683
Yea he loves the thing, and its nothing like he didn't have the money for anything better because this dude has a real arsenal. He just knows quality how where his money is going
>>
>>34158728
Go Delton anon you won't regret it.
>>
>>34158344
>spikes tactical
>Gucci
No
>>
>>34158715
Its generally believed that the WASR is being assembled better nowadays. I'm not an AK guy(yet) but I think buying a WASR a few years without looking at it in person was a toss up
>>
>>34158344
> /k/ has a problem with every rifle that's not some $2000 spikes tactical
No, we hate ST.
>>
>>34158728
I went AR556 because it has the best barrel IMO
>>
does anyone have any experience with the Delton AR-10s?
>>
>>34158806
I picked up a Romanian SAR ak47 in 2001. My brother got a wasr few years later. Mine felt a lot better and was cheaper. His felt like the action was binding or something. Shitbag "borrowed" my 40rd mag when I was deployed and haven't seen it since
>>
>>34158728
Del-ton but go higher than the sport
>>
>>34158761
Thanks anon, it's a really good rifle. It's gonna be even better because I'll switch some parts on it so it won't fully be a del ton anyways.
>>34158771
I usually go to cabelas to buy ammo
>>
>>34158728

get a stag arms.
>>
File: gRYYYbH_d.jpg (156KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
gRYYYbH_d.jpg
156KB, 640x853px
>>34159116
That's the aftermarket hammer Century puts in the guns. You can visually see the differring contour between it and combloc hammers. It goes away over time but a lot of AK guys simply pull the FCG and recontour the hammer.

>>34158806
Don't ever buy ANY AK without inspecting it first. Idgaf if it's a $1200 Arsenal.
>pic related
>>
>>34159036
I think they only offer those in 16inch IIRC. Called the echo 308. Its got a free float tube already installed. Looks like a nice package for the price but when I got my 10 I just put up a few more buckaroos and got an armalite with a better barrel.
>>
>>34159268
Yea I agree I want to get my first AK soon but I'm not gonna deal with blah blah and send it back till they get it right.

Sadly no gun shops around here offer shit but OI and Ras47 junk. So I'll have to wait for the gun show but its definitely not something i'll be buying online
>>
>>34159674
It's got a 95% chance of being completely for provided you know how to inspect it and don't buy a shit-tier AK.
>>
>>34158344
I've got a Del Ton HBAR A2 clone and it's a good rifle.

I'd buy it with different features if I were doing it again, but it is what I ordered, so I can't complain that the features are wrong.

Only malfunctions were related to crappy-no name mags and low quality reman ammo.

I shoot my lighter, smaller ARs a lot more now, but the Del Ton was my first and probably has 8 or 9 thousand rounds through it.
>>
>>34158428
69 or 77 tmks only.
>>
>>34159974
>I've got a Del Ton HBAR A2 clone and it's a good rifle.
>I'd buy it with different features if I were doing it again, but it is what I ordered, so I can't complain that the features are wrong.

Are you me?
>>
>>34158344
Have been using a Del-Ton 20 inch upper for six years now and have never had a issue with it. Shoots accurately as always
>>
>>34160649
Fucking why? Leave elitist. 55 grain and 62 grain shoot just fine.
>>
Not OP, but how about Model 1 Sales?

Kinda wanna do a pseudo XM117E2. Only place I saw that does the XM style barrel and flash suppressor. Is it a rip off?
>>
On the topic of cheap AR15's, anyone have experience with PSA mid-length rifles?
>>
>>34158455
This, fuck getting approval from any of you faggots on this board. Also anyone who spends hundreds on a milspec lower is fucking retarded.
>>
I've got a 20" heavy upper from Del-Ton a couple years ago and I quite like it. I'm in PRMD so heavy barrel is a legal requirement.

It's accurate enough and reliable so far (less than 1,000rds so take it for what it's worth), but that 20" HBAR is heavy as a motherfucker.

But if I recall, it took like 2 and a half weeks for it to ship.
>>
>>34158344
Don't listen to them. Bunch of idiots who think money can buy skill. My AR is as bottom of the barrel as it gets and it works just fine. Anderson lower, Aero precision upper. Cheap ass Brownell barrel and a 70$ CtD Mlok rail.

Still puts holes in things at 100 yards and the only time it seriously malfunctioned was when I first took it shooting because I didn't line the gas block up properly.
>>
>>34164684
PSA makes good rifles. It's just a shame their order fulfillment and customer service departments are run by fucking retards. When you take a month to send only a partial order, and the part you didn't send is the whole reason the person ordered anything from you in the first place, THEN when you are contacted by said customer about your fuckup and you tell them to basically go sit on a cactus then you should kill yourself.

People have had to start the chargback process with their credit card company before PSA will trying to "work with them" to solve the fuckups PSA has done.

PSA also uses a compromised credit card processor. People have credit cards they use solely for buying guns, and only buy stuff off of PSAs website and have their shit stolen.

This is all well documented stuff that goes back years, but idiots see their sales and forget all that bullshit until they get fucked then whine about it on the internet.

Yes they make good guns but why would you give them your business when Aero Precision and Anderson make the same quality stuff. Aero and Anderson also actually make the lowers for PSA, who then put their rollmarks on the lowers before selling.
>>
>>34158707
only fugly think about it is the gas block, rest looks pretty good
>>
File: muh raifu.jpg (433KB, 1717x1288px) Image search: [Google]
muh raifu.jpg
433KB, 1717x1288px
>>34164684
I have one of their 16" midlength premium uppers, and it's never given me any problems.

I also have one of their 20" rifle length uppers with their keymod rail. Instead of being chrome lined like their premium line it's nitrided, but its served me well too. Pic related, everything on this rifle except the lower and stock is from PSA.

Basically, all their shit is good to go, but their shipping is slow and apparently their credit card processor is shit because some people got their cards stolen after ordering from them. I've been using a one time use credit card generator for ordering from them lately, but when I didn't I never had any issues.

>>34165079
Their fulfillment does suck, but their CS is pretty good, or at least my experience with it was. Out of the two lower parts kits I bought from them one was missing some parts. I called up and they sent the missing parts to my door within three days for free.
>>
File: 84208_2.jpg (24KB, 1000x289px) Image search: [Google]
84208_2.jpg
24KB, 1000x289px
What about Windham? They are pretty damn affordable in my country and a lot of people seem to recommend them.
Stuff like the DPMS Oracle is cheap as well.
I was originally considering a MR233, but it would cost 2.5x as much and wouldn´t be compatible with most AR parts
>>
>>34165468
If I had the money I'd go MR223 but this is soley based on the fact I like HK guns.

You won't go wrong with WW either, solid build on everyone I've seen and messed around with.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.