[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British /k/ommandos - email your MPs!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: homicideEngland.png (72KB, 1280x1007px) Image search: [Google]
homicideEngland.png
72KB, 1280x1007px
Hello [insert your MP here]

I plan to vote conservative in 2017 (mostly) in the name of Brexit. However there is another topic that simply isn't spoken about in parliament - while it did annoy me in the past, at this point it is too much.
In 1903 Britain passed its first ever gun control law, a minor one requiring a permit to carry a handgun and restricting the age of purchasers. Which I fully support and understand
In 1936 fully automatic firearms were outlawed. Which I completely understand
HOWEVER - In 1946 "self defence" was no longer considered a good reason for requiring a police issued firearms certificate. This was wrong.
In 1953 carrying any type of weapon for self defence was made illegal. This was also wrong.

We now live as a disarmed populace, one that has to "run, hide, tell" when the worst happens, women cannot defend themselves if they're being raped, and other people cant defend themselves from thugs etc.
Criminals will either obtain guns illegally, or use other methods such as knives or vehicles.
Banning the right to self defense as on the whole greatly harmed Britain - In this modern society where we can do a very deep background check on individuals it is very easy to deny those who should not own guns that possibility, meanwhile ensuring decent people can protect their families and communities - EVEN if its not handguns, even if its just tazers or something. I just want the public to have an option outside of "run, hide, tell" which is so sad.

I have linked images of "firearms per 100 people" in which you can see the trend for homicide goes DOWN with more firearm availability, and homicides in England which as you can see has shown no benefit to banning firearms. Please take these into consideration and call for parliament (after the GE) to return to people the right to self defense!

Regards,
[insert your name here]
>>
File: gunsper100.png (64KB, 733x705px) Image search: [Google]
gunsper100.png
64KB, 733x705px
>>
File: BestBritsAreGone.jpg (2MB, 4832x5787px) Image search: [Google]
BestBritsAreGone.jpg
2MB, 4832x5787px
>>34157584
Britain is beyond the point of no return mate. Enjoy your diversity enema.
>>
>>34157629
People were saying that about the US for 8 years, then you got Trump
>>
>>34157584
You're really supposed to address your MPs in such a manner in bongland? Because you manage to write a perfectly reasonable standpoint as a mix between a soccermom's "muh feels" and a conspiracy theorist.
>>
File: BritainIsLost.png (797KB, 1080x1558px) Image search: [Google]
BritainIsLost.png
797KB, 1080x1558px
>>34157643
During all those 8 years we were all buying the everliving fuck out of guns and ammo at historic levels. The left got lucky we won the election not the other way around.

Americans still have our last resort. You bongs don't.
>>
File: IMG_0085.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>34157584
>I understanding requiring a permit for firearms
>I understand banning automatic weapons

>HOW DID WE LOSE OUR GUN RIGHTS?!?!

C'mon man. It was right in front of the British people the whole time. Americans fight tooth and nail against new regulations because they KNOW what it leads to.
>>
File: rht.jpg (22KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
rht.jpg
22KB, 480x348px
>>
>>34157584
I feel for you bong man, I really do. Your ancestors screwed you.
>>
>>34158085
If I were to say "give us machine guns" I'd be put on a terrorist watch list anon
>>
>>34158192
thanks senpai :(
>>
It was a Tory government that drafted the 1920 firearms bill, they don't wantbus armed and independent
>>
>>34158255
Yeah, now. After those shit bills.
>>
>>34158275
I know but taking a defeatist attitude wont help
>>34158291
I agree its retarded, you think I don't want a Vickers gun?
>>
>>34158085
You need to understand how far Britain has gone, in the US its simply fact that many people own guns, here there's such stigma against it anyone calling for self defense alone is seen as wildly extreme let alone asking for machine guns etc.
>>
Reported to the constabulary for extremism and hatespeech
#preventinggunviolence #knifecrime #notallmuslims #stophate
>>
>>34157584
>homicide rate chart stops 17 years ago
>homicide rate chart leaves out most of the years in the time that it does cover
I hope you aren't planning on sending them a picture of that chart, because if I got a chart like that with a letter I would be tossing that letter in the trash and ignoring it.
>>
>>34158638
>homicide rate climbing higher and higher consistently since the 60s
>WELL IT DOESN'T HAVE 2010&2015 MUST MEAN THERES NO PROBLEM SENPAI
>>
Interesting that people rather than wanting Britain to have the right to self defense would rather say "its too late" or call OP names

You'd think /k/ would support this
>>
File: 1472395566696.jpg (11KB, 261x208px) Image search: [Google]
1472395566696.jpg
11KB, 261x208px
>>34158669
>we can to make policy decisions based on 17 year old data, we don't need to account for recent trends
>>
>>34158739
desu it seems futile
>>
>>34158739
This is schadenfreude at the inevitable endgame of "disregard self defense, acquire Muslims" line of thinking.
>>
File: .Gay.png (200KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
.Gay.png
200KB, 500x281px
>>34158769
>I guess I cant take 5 seconds to google recent trends
>>
>>34158830
>I don't need to provide relevant data to back up my views, you need to look up relevant data yourself
That's not how things work anon.
>>
>>34157584
>I plan to vote conservative
might as well stop coming to 4chan now to get ready for the great british firewall that May is cooking up
>>
>>34158882
How did you guys fuck yourselves so completely?
>>
>>34158925
Fear of nationalism and/or any right wing PM leading to a second Hitler. Now Theresa May is cucking the entire country by stealth while hiding behind MUH BREXIT
>>
File: Despair.jpg (39KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Despair.jpg
39KB, 500x282px
>>34158739
I can want lots of things for the British. It means fuck all. The BRITS have to want it and have shown no sign that there is any backbone left in their country. Wargame a scenario where paki rape gangs were operating in Alabama. How would that play out as opposed to what is going on in Britain?
>>
>>34158882
>Not buttering up your local MP
You don't know how bartering works do you anon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.