[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit Wylde Barrel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG2341_1.jpg (51KB, 742x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2341_1.jpg
51KB, 742x566px
Halp /k/
First AR build with a PSA 18" nitride barrel. Chambers and fires but manually ejecting a live round with the charging handle is impossible. Have to mortar it to release the round, and half the time the brass will come out but the bullet will stay stuck in the barrel.

Pic very fucking related. See the marks on the bullet right in front of the casing? Is the barrel chambered wrong? It looks like the freebore is too tight.
>>
.223 wylde is a tighter chamber than a normal 5.56 chamber so its probably easier to fuck up. The chamber was probably poorly reamed. Send it back to PSA.
>>
>>34157398
I agree, that's likely the case.
>>34156553
>PSA
>ever
You done goofed.
>>
>>34157398
>The chamber was probably poorly reamed. Send it back to PSA.
this

OP try to get hold of a .223 gauge and test the chamber out
>>
>>34156553
I had a ballistic advantage .223 wylde that was like that. I put about 100 or so rounds through it and it remedied itself.
>>
>>34156553
>guise i had no idea what I was doing when I spent money to gain your guises approval
>g-guise why is my barrel chambered to much much tighter tolerances so much tighter? Is broke?

This is you
>>
>brass leaves
>bullet remains

stop firing this gun lol
>>
>>34157398
Contacted PSA. We'll see.

Went out and bought some Federal M855 and .223 Rem because I've only ever bought Federal M193 for it. The M855 and .223 chamber and extract just fine. So the issue is an incompatibility between the barrel and M193.
>>
>>34158980
>So the issue is an incompatibility between the barrel and M193.
no it isnt
the issue is some idiot handcycling rounds in a house trying to find "issues"
you are essentially the guy saying his guns broken as he rides the bolt and the gun fails to go into battery. these "malfunctions" are user induced and wont happen during livefire.
>>
>>34158150
>>34159014
This is a massive issue and if true he should not be firing the gun at all.

If you can't manually eject a round, there's a problem
>>
>>34159014
>Riding bolt forward while chambering
>extraction issue
>>
I'm experiencing this issue with my PSA 9mm hybrid upper. It also has this issue. I've been meaning to call them about it.
>>
>>34159138
From what I've been researching, this is a result of a worn chamber reamer. PSA may be using their reamers too long in order to keep up with demand and profitability.
>>
>>34156553
Mine does this but not as bad as the bullet sticking. Same barrel they had on sale. ive put about 200 rounds thru no hiccups except if you try to eject a round that was put in the camber by the cycle action from firing some times it sticks and i have to mortar. not every time but enough. Check your feed ramps some (two by the ejector) were too narrow (not by much but enough to tell) my bolt nicks it just enough to make a noise. going to dremel them sometime. I used sandpaper as best I could. it made a difference. Im not worried about it enough to dissemble and send back
>>
>>34159041
STFU Dan. You don't know what you are talking about.

>>34158980
You got a bad lot from Federal. They have absolutely terrible QC. Nothing wrong with your gun
>>
>>34159461
Never mind I'm a dumb ass.
>>
>>34159269

Possibly. I know for a fact that I was able to extract rounds early on with it, but then it stopped. I grabbed a flashlight because I was suspicious and thought it might be a case head separation but I haven't seen anything.
>>
File: IMG_20170604_184323.jpg (1003KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_184323.jpg
1003KB, 3024x4032px
>>34160227

Also I am a lazy fuck and don't clean it often enough, so it could just be there's so much carbon buildup that it could be making the chamber very tight.
>>
>>34160227
>>34160307
Well, if it worked properly before and stopped working properly later, that would suggest it was not a manufacturing defect.

Mine has less than 100 rounds through it and has never functioned properly on M193.
>>
>>34160307
>I am a lazy fuck and don't clean it

um, ok.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.