[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, why haven't you begun training in the Art of Longsword yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: WnG9po.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WnG9po.gif
3MB, 640x360px
/k/, why haven't you begun training in the Art of Longsword yet?
>>
Because I don't particularly want to, I have an 870 by my door and used to do boxing, I'm sure that will suffice against >2 people.
>>
Laziness.
>>
>>34154779
But I have. Shit's fun.

Personally I'm a bit of a Fiore fanboy.
Video is a bit cringy and LARP-y but shows some neat stuff to learn.
https://youtu.be/4GoQlvc_H3s?t=2m10s
>>
>>34154779

He must have lost some neurons on that strike. Where is that from?
>>
File: qj3kDk.gif (2MB, 640x360px)
qj3kDk.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>34154815

Here you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln94E9AGYTc

And theres another, if you're interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjT4JepA-Vc
>>
because by the time i research it the other guy already has musketmen
>>
File: gif.gif (3MB, 280x160px)
gif.gif
3MB, 280x160px
>>34154814

"And five times I was obliged to fight this way. And five times, for my honor, I had to fight in unfamiliar places without relatives and without friends to support me, trusting in no one but God, my art, myself, and my sword. And by the grace of God, I acquitted myself honorably and without injury to myself..."

Fuck, that music gets me every time
>>
File: Landsknecht_Icon.jpg (10KB, 200x200px)
Landsknecht_Icon.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>34154867
Don't worry, boy, we are still here, the ultimate swordsman.

One age more and we got outlassed though.
>>
>>34154779
No one to practice with. Sometimes I read Roosevelt's diary and accounts of him having fun with friends just beating each other with sticks and calling it fencing and think I was born in the wrong time but then I realize I would be a boring accountant who can't make friends back then too.
>>
File: 1495246973459.gif (2MB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1495246973459.gif
2MB, 500x359px
>>34154933

Lololol, you sure theres no one around? You might be surprised, there are clubs in almost every major city. You might have to spare an hours drive, but its worth it Anon

https://www.hemaalliance.com/club-finders/
>>
>>34154953
I'm not in a major city and I checked, nothing around me besides some civil war reenactors and longswords weren't exactly historically appropriate for that.

Besides, the only one that is within driving distance is populated by the worst sterotypes of swordfags. I want friends to fence with but I'm also not that desperate.
>>
>>34154779
Because axes and arming swords with a shield are better.
>>
>>34154779
because im still having too much fun with saber and epee
>>
>>34154799
this
>>
>>34155008
Nonsense, with good armor, shield is not needed.
>>
File: PSFTW.gif (3MB, 320x180px)
PSFTW.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>34155016
Ew, god you're a fucking faggot

How does it feel to double over and over again, and still think you've actually achieved something?
>>
>>34154814
>that disarm at 2:30
I'm violently erect
>>
>>34154971
I'll fence with you <3
>>
>>34155008
Axes are a meme weapon.
Arming sword and shield got replaced by plate armor and for good reason.
>>
>>34155016
>because im still having too much fun with saber and epee
I used to sport-fence. It's much more fun with HEMA, due to the fact that you're training as like you're actually going to kill someone. Sport-fencing is just racing for points.
>>
>>34155227
>Arming sword and shield got replaced by plate armor and for good reason.
Considering that sword and shield was still taught and used in the early 17th century, I seriously doubt that.
There is more than battlefield usage to fencing.
>>
>>34154779
Because its an uneconomical way to kill. Sword costs $250+ from a cursory google search (probably more for one that really works) and can kill at ranges of about a yard or 2. Mosin costs 150 and can kill at 100 yards. None of this factors in learning how to use your weapon.
>>
>>34155334
Good luck with your mosin in home defense.

You might have a point with a shotgun though.
>>
>>34155334
>Because its an uneconomical way to kill
No-one is advocating longsword for actual defense. It's just a fun thing to do.
>>
>>34155382
It's viable though.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3037356/Hacked-pieces-Samurai-sword-burglars-got-unpleasant-surprise-victim-fought-back.html
>>
I have a Peter Regenyei feder but haven't touched it in like 2 years
>>
>>34154779

To busy practicing the way of the gun.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.