[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mag Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ETS glock2.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ETS glock2.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
Esteemed gentlemen of /k/, I come to you with the results of some research I have been conducting regarding Glock magazines.

As a man who strives for moderation, I have tried out several leading brands of Glock magazines, noting their strengths and weaknesses.

The significant findings:

1. ETS and Magpul magazines seem to be made of higher friction polymers than Glock factory mags. I have come to this conclusion because ETS and Magpul magazines have consistently had issues feeding full loads of steel case ammunition. This goes for both plain steel case and laquered ammunition (Brown Bear, etc.) I HAVE DISCOVERED THE FOLLOWING WORKAROUND TO THIS SIGNIFICANT FLAW: Staggering the loading of these magazines with 1 round of aluminum case ammunition to every 2 rounds of steel case ammunition will restore full reliability of feeding. Presumably this reduces the net friction of the loaded cases to a level the magazine springs can reliably deal with.

2. ETS magazine followers are SUPER fragile. When I first built my 9mm AR it had a high-power spring in it. This broke three ETS followers; I chose to sacrifice several Magpul magazines to keep those particular magazines in action. No other magazines suffered follower breakages.

3. Swapping followers between the brands will not impact feeding reliability but they will fail to lock the slide back on the last round.
>>
>>34153595
So what is your final conclusion
>>
>>34153608
ETS and Magpul mags are suitable for mass purchasing to meet range practice needs, however only Glock factory mags should be depended on for life-or-death purposes.

The off brand mags have a significant price advantage otherwise though, and being much easier to disassemble, should logically be the mainstay of your training mag fleet.
>>
>>34153595
What lower? Also pic of full build
>>
can someone fill me in on the blue bullets
>>
>>34153595
its probably an issue with spring tension and follower angle/fit/finish
>>
File: NEW AND IMPROVED 9MM.jpg (3MB, 2867x2150px) Image search: [Google]
NEW AND IMPROVED 9MM.jpg
3MB, 2867x2150px
>>34153628
Lower is New Frontier Armory. This is an early pic of the build, it has a different rail now and a red dot optic.

>>34153633
My first pic was just something off Google, but if I'm not mistaken those are polymer coated bullets - they're supposed to be lower friction and cleaner for the barrel, or something.
>>
>>34153657
I used new magazines for all the testing, and the issues have persisted from day one. Had at least six of each brand in use. Magazine capacity did not seem to matter, nor did magazine cleanliness. The problems were very clearly brand specific.
>>
>>34153657
But yeah I suppose it could just be weaker springs. Regardless however the stated fix is the only one I have found to work.
>>
>>34153595
Plastic mags in a handgun have always been a full retard idea, yet glock continues to be the only company to do it because they want their gun to be the lightest on paper.

With handguns the entire magazine goes into a magwell. When you add dirt, mud, and debris to the mix, glock mags prove themselves to be shit in both trying to insert and remove them.
>>
>>34153713
Metal Glock mags when??
>>
>>34153713
I've never had any issues with inserting or removing glock mags other than seating them on a closed bolt/slide. Even after competitions and full on dumping them in the dirt and mud before and after using them.
>>
>>34153847
wut
>>
File: eternal waifu.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
eternal waifu.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>34153847
Kill yourself because someone does it for you.
>>
>>34153847
wut
>>
>>34153930
why would he off himself if someone is gonna do it for him
>>
>>34153847
Mr. Oliver, this joke is retarded, dated to about a year ago and you have a show on HBO. Let it die.
Sincerely,
Non cucks everywhere
>>
>>34153847
Mr. Oliver, this joke is unfunny, it's dated to a year ago and you have a show on HBO to attend to. Let it die.
Sincerely,
Non cucks united
>>
>>34154034
>>34154060
Shit, sorry about that. New to phoneposting
>>
>>34154060
>>34154034
>>34153947
>>34153930
>>34153923
I hope that bait filled you retards up because that anon has enough (you)s to last a week at least.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.