[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commissioning w/ VA disability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0343.png (144KB, 430x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.png
144KB, 430x268px
Hey /k/,

I'm a Marine Corps vet with 5 years of service under my belt, and I'm thinking about trying to go the officer route as I near the completion of my bachelors degree. I don't have any serious maladies or surgeries, however, I do collect a nominal percentage of VA disability for lower back pain and minor insomnia. Can I waive this in an attempt to go active duty again? Will my disability rating immediately disqualify me? I feel like I still have more to give
>>
>>34153554

Just go for it. The worst they can do is say no. And then you will know that you gave it a shot and won't regret not trying.
>>
>>34153667
I guess I will then. Thanks broski
>>
If you have a rating with the VA and receive payment then you are not allowed to come back in. In Army regulation 601-210 which covers entrance for enlistment and commissioning, anyone who recoeved a disability severance or a rating through the va is not authorized to come back in. You told the VA that you are unable to function and performe daily tasks. Why would the DOD give you a job again if you claimed you are physically unable to get through the day? Sorry man its the way it is.
>>
File: uparmoured suburban.jpg (296KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
uparmoured suburban.jpg
296KB, 1024x683px
>>34154107
>Why would the DOD give you a job again if you claimed you are physically unable to get through the day?
Because basic reasoning doesn't always match the best actual decision and the ODD isn't in the habit of making decisions based on either one
>>
>I do collect a nominal percentage of VA disability for lower back pain and minor insomnia

Niggers like you is why the VA is so fucked up. Lower back pain is extremely common. The fact that you even are thinking about Marine OCS, which is way harder than anything you did as enlisted, proves you are just gaming the system too.
>>
>>34153554
If it's under 30% and not a disqualifying condition you should be able to commission.
>>
>>34156142
Shame on you, Marines don't let Marines rejoin the Marines.

Stay the fuck out OP. You a damn fool?
>>
What about Border Patrol? Great benefits, no ruck marches, Federal retirement!

There are many ways to serve and Border Patrol serves AMERICANS instead of protecting Wahabi Sand Niggers from other Sand Niggers. Why be KSA and the Gulf oil sheiks combat force when you can help control US borders?

There are plenty of ex-mil in government employ and more is better because it ensures at least some of the US is in the hands of patriots.

If you finish destroying your back you are looking at forty years of crippledom.

If nostalgic, buy Crayolas in bulk and a vacuum sealer to make crayon MREs. (That might really sell as a gag gift.)
>>
https://www.cbp.gov/careers/apply-now
>>
>>34157086
please don't post racial slurs on this board. You will not be warned again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.