[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys deal with suicidal thoughts and gun ownership?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_2652.jpg (321KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2652.jpg
321KB, 1200x900px
How do you guys deal with suicidal thoughts and gun ownership?
>>
>>34151629
Be happy
>>
U dont unless u want your doggo killed and your nices guns taken away

Then youll be super suicidal and now you have to be more creative about leaving painlessly
>>
>>34151629
I don't because I'm not some delusional incapable nihilistic faggot.
>>
>>34151665
Good for you.
>>
Antidepressants and regular exercise. Helps a lot anon
>>
Once I was sad. Then I bought a gun. That cheered me up.
>>
>>34151629
Own more guns.
>>
>>34151629
I'll give an actual answer for once.

Exercise makes me feel much better just in general throughout the day.

If I have something really bad happen, I ask a friend to keep a hold of my guns for a while. I think most guys will understand if you ask them to do that. I only did it once, when I broke up with my ex. He kept hold of them for a month or so then it was alright. I didn't really plan on killing myself or anything, but sometimes you don't really want to be around guns just in general if you're in a bad mental state.

Also nice Arex. I love mine.
>>
File: 1493388559996.png (248KB, 818x918px) Image search: [Google]
1493388559996.png
248KB, 818x918px
>put gun in mouth
>shoot
>I survive but live as a vegetable for the rest of my life
>>
File: 1487978904896.png (156KB, 655x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487978904896.png
156KB, 655x600px
>>
>>34151743
I don't have much time to exercise anymore. I'm not trying to be a lazy fuck either.

I genuinely enjoy working out. But, I've been working 12 hours a day for the past 4 months.
>>
>>34151784
Everyone has time to exercise if they're willing to make time. I'd recommend doing it in the morning instead of the evening because usually I don't want to exercise after work either.
>>
>>34151629
I dealt with suicidal ideation when I was a teen and defeated it.

Basically, I figured:

>death is an uncertainty, and likely leads to either no further stimulus, or for a suicide, the religious "bad end" if it exists.
>Continuing to live gives the potential for further stimulus.
>suicidal ideation is caused by dispair
>dispair is caused by feelings of hopelessness
>hope is to strive for a purpose
>If we posit that existence precedes essence per kierkegaard, then we can be the author's of our own purposes.
>thus, there can never be feelings of dispair, because you can always hope for a completely new arbitrary purpose.
>suicide, then, is illogical because cessation of stimuli forgoes allowing one to define their purpose; it locks one in to a given role and would be worse than what causes suicide to begin with.

I didn't own guns until much later than figuring all this, so I've never dealt with the two simultaneously.
>>
>>34151629
I wouldn't know about suicidal thoughts, I mean, if I killed myself, who would take care of my guns?
>>
relax, dont do it, when you wanna go to it
>>
>>34151778
bingo!
>>
excessive alcohol consumption
>>
>>34151629
Case of major depression and suicidal thoughts checking in.

I write my feelings down, not using any form just words on paper, and honestly, I think of my cat, my g/f and my guns. I'm still depressed but knowing the good things in my life how every lame they may sound to you cheer me up enough to remove any self harm ideas.

If I do snap ever, I won't use a gun. I don't want to punish everyone for my failings.
>>
>>34151629
cant go to the range if you re dead
>>
>>34151629
Russian roulette with my redhawk.
I know she won't hurt me but so far my record is 4 rounds before bitchin out.
>>
My depression usually isn't that bad, but recently it's been horrible. I seem to be expressing it as anger, which is new for me, I'm usually not an angry person, but every little thing is getting to me now. I never could find solace in weed or alcohol, and I realized that clonazepam I was buying illegally could turn into an addiction so I stopped using it, and so far my brother and I are the only males in the family who aren't drug addicts or in and out of jail, but the kpins did mellow me out and help me get through the day. I don't want to try to get a prescription because I don't want to rely on drugs for happiness. I've just been chain smoking and taking benadryl at night to sleep, which I don't like doing because it effects my short term memory and I've read that it can cause early dementia. I don't really know what to do any more and suicide is always in the back of my mind. Seems like if you consider it once, it always comes back as a solution.
>>
lonely bump
>>
>>34151629
>suicidal thoughts
Like how? Depression & suicidal thoughts don't usually magic out of air, something causes them. Most time it usually inability of the person to leave a crappy environment, guilt, shame, social suppression or any combination of those with helplessness or inability to continue struggling to escape those situations. They just need to keep fucking banging away at making their life better.
Suicidal because you have a shitty marriage? Then divorce or just walk out.
Suicidal because you upside down on a house? Send the keys back to the bank and take the bankruptcy.
Suicidal because you don't feel like your a good guy? Fucking go volunteer or start donating regularly.
Suicidal because you can't get respect from anyone? Fuck em.
Suicidal because you got cancer and only six months to live? Go full sam fischer on some drug dealers and pimps.
>>
File: 1458405492754.gif (427KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1458405492754.gif
427KB, 200x198px
>>34151767
This is an ultimate fear of mine and keeps all of my (relatively few) thoughts of shooting myself away.
>>
>>34151629
we once had a thread on how people got here.

A surprising number came here to buy a gun to kill themselves, then decided to learn to shoot and enjoyed it and didn't kill themselves and just bought more guns.

I can honestly say I have had depression (no, I won't say I have it currently) and that shooting as a hobby drove me to improve my life and definitely fixed my fucked up sad state that I was stuck in.

Tl;dr; guns actually help depressed people to not kill them selves in certain cases.
>>
File: 1476114190427.png (2MB, 2640x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1476114190427.png
2MB, 2640x2688px
>>34151629
Find a group of people to hate with every ounce of your soul.
>>
>>34151629
I have a cat that thinks I am awesome and can provide unlimited milk rings. I cant let her down.
>>
>>34153097
Yep. Me too
>>
File: The burning monk, 1963 (1).jpg (466KB, 1600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
The burning monk, 1963 (1).jpg
466KB, 1600x1038px
>>34151629
why use a gun
>>
This is how I deal with it: I figure, too many suicides are used in anti-gun propaganda. I do not want to contribute to that.

Also, I feel like self-immolation or simple hanging would be much classier, and less of a mess for some poor soul to clean up later.

Well, less of a mess for the hanging. self-immolation might be kind of a wreck depending on what else may catch fire.
>>
>>34151665
>I don't because I'm not some incapable nihilistic.

Fixed it for you, if you are not nihilistic, you actually are delusional, and you come off as a faggot.

>>34151629
I'm waiting for life to get worse, once I get to a point where there is nobody I care for, and my body is failing me in some horrible way, I will probably choose to die. For right now, I just put up with being miserable 95% of my life, and look forward to the other 5%.
>>
>>34151629
Hope that SHTF will occur in my lifetime.
>>
>>34151629

I'd deal with it a lot less successfully if I knew I bought a REX with my own money.
>>
I have a really pathetic life and don't really want to continue living, but what keeps me going is pure anger at what certain groups are doing to society. Attacks like London today are the fuel that keeps my fire going. They can't keep getting away with it and I'm not going to die until I see justice done.
>>
>>34153697
Are you me? Seriously, I too think my life is not on the great side (have a college degree but unsatisfied with my career opinions or lack of) but the sickening attacks like tonight in London makes me want to see some righteous retribution but it looks like it's less likely to happen but I am holding out.
>>
>>34152563
Talk to doc, something like SSRIs isn't going to make you feel "happy" just normal so you are ABLE to feel happy again.
>>
>>34151629
>don't have suicidal thoughts
>don't have guns

Pick one.
>>
File: IMG_20170602_095755.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_095755.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34151629
I say no to those thoughts every time. I've promised myself I want to seem life through because I will die one day anyway and I want to experience as much as possible.

I also promised my community that I wouldn't use a gun if I did commit suicide because I do t want to skew statistics. Suicidal thoughts are weird for me because I normally say no because how it would hurt other people.

When it is really bad, I unload my gun and hide the bullets and I calm down.

Say no to those thoughts when they pop in your head. If you are going to die anyway might as well try some new things in life since you will be dead anyway, right? Nothing matters.

Nothing matters and that means everything is equal in insignificance. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

If you are ready to end it you have nothing to lose. Why not go try something you have been thinking about? Why not go on a trip to the Colorado Rockies? Check out Curecanti. If you still want to you can do it at any time. Why choose today when you could do it tomorrow?

I'm not against suicide but I think generally situations aren't as dire as they seem in the moment. It is a permanent solution to temporary problems.

If you are going to die horribly and you choose to end your own life with dignity, then do it. If you are just heart broken, depressed, broken, unemployed, trapped, whatever, you have options.

You might not realize them all, you may not like them, but you have options.

Have you been here? It's public land. Go to Colorado and go live in the public land with your rifle if you want to die. Live the life you are afraid to live because you always have a way out, but you aren't going to take it because tomorrow is new.

It's ok anon.

Also you can call a warm line.
http://www.warmline.org

Talk on the phone with someone who has been through some shit themselves who are just there to listen talk and be there without judgement or diagnosis. Just someone to be your friend for an hour or two.
>>
>>34151629

Tell your doctor. That way the Obama gun grabbing laws that are still in effect will remove all your firearms by force.... possibly killing you and your dog when the police come.
>>
>>34151708
Yeah, being around people and exercise are the cures for depression but unfortunately no one depressed can easily do those things.
>>
I thought about what offing myself would mean to the people I know. I only thought about it for a few weeks after about a year of unemployment. Then I moved, found a job, and I'm now pretty happy, even if I'm living pay check to pay check.
>>
>>34151784
Can't do that forever man you will burn out.
>>
>>34153862
He could just be in the military.
>>
>>34152052
+1 dude yes to Kierkegaard
>>
>>34151629
Drinking. Heavily.
>>
>>34151629
by having a pretty sweet life, a huge arsenal, and loving wife so I never have suicidal thoughts to begin with
>>
>>34152052
>cannot purpose myself to anything arbitrary because of the inherent fact that it is arbitrary
>continue to wallow in pointless mediocrity

I guess this is the fate I chose?
>>
>>34153832
>That way the Obama gun grabbing laws that are still in effect
which laws?
>>
>>34151784
>12h day
Yeah, if you stop doing that you won't be depressed. Dial it back to 10-11h. Helps a ton.
>>
>>34152952
You are just so good I love you so much yes this is all perfect.
>>
>>34153097

Guns 1) are a hobby with a supportive community, generally and 2) encourage the growth of a mindset oriented toward personal responsibility.
>>
>>34153844
Not really... Purpose and ignorance are the only cures for depression
>>
>>34151784
>12 hour work days
>feels depressed
could there..dare I say it...be a correlation?
>>
y'all need Camus in your lives
>>
File: 1492277416754.jpg (277KB, 2048x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1492277416754.jpg
277KB, 2048x1351px
>>34151778
THIS *1000
>>
>>34151629
I don't want my death to be quick. I want to feel my final breaths.
So why would i use my guns to kill myself.
>>
>>34154296
Camus is a meme.
"Camus, life is meaningless and the universe is indifferent and/or hostile towards my existence. What do?"
"Lol its ok bro just b urself :^)"
>>
File: 1480752420763.jpg (161KB, 1100x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1480752420763.jpg
161KB, 1100x1392px
>>34151767
This is my fear. Do your research and do it right. A 12 gauge slug aimed up and back towards your brain stem will pretty much guarantee an instant death, and even if it doesn't you will immediately lose consciousness and bleed out within a minute or so. Bonus points if you live alone or do it in the woods where nobody could find you in time, not that it would matter. You could do that inside the emergency room and they still woudnt be able to save you
>>
Should I call the police before doing it?
A bunch of family has keys and I don't think they should see a body with no head.
>>
File: 1496222476270.gif (1023KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1496222476270.gif
1023KB, 184x141px
By not giving a fuck about anything or anyone.
>>
>>34153862
>>34153968
>>34154277
I don't have a choice in the matter. The 12 hour days are mandatory.
But, no. I've been depressed before this came along.
>>
>>34151778
this
>>
Guns make me really happy. I simply cannot be unhappy with a gun in my hand. So it is never an issue, if I feel suicidal and grab a gun it will make me feel better.
>>
File: download (15).jpg (7KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
7KB, 305x165px
>>34151629
Don't be a bitch. I face my depression.
>>
>>34153810
Thank you, dude. It's good to see there are still people here who give a shit about other folks.
>>
>>34151629

get professional counseling and take the meds

zoloft & other SSRIs are about as safe as a brain pill can be

and they really do work

otherwise keep being miserable yourself & making other people miserable too
>>
File: 1273032417400.jpg (123KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1273032417400.jpg
123KB, 375x500px
>>34151629
>Dont think suicide, think homicide
If you want to go out, go out fighting. Preferably against muslims.
>>
>>34151629
I think about all the people who have more fucked up lives than me and then I feel better.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.