[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I do good, /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: uspc9sdfasdfas.jpg (89KB, 900x543px) Image search: [Google]
uspc9sdfasdfas.jpg
89KB, 900x543px
A guy at a local shop said he can order me this for $761.00. Sadly he could not find any Law Enforcement kits, but it's the cheapest price I've seen after a lot of google searching.
>>
>>34151140
It's a factory new V1 btw
>>
>did I do good
>hasn't actually done anything yet

The correct phrase is "Will I have done good, /k/?".
>>
>>34151140
>USP
10/10
>USPc
0/10
You had one job.
>>
>>34151182
>responds to the thread with no real constructive information
Do you think its a good price or not? That's what I'm asking.
>>
File: 1494298424731666.png (175KB, 384x390px) Image search: [Google]
1494298424731666.png
175KB, 384x390px
>>34151246
What would you recommend instead?
P2000? VP9c?
>>
>>34151261
P2000 or P30. If you want a USP get the full size.
>>
>>34151140

Disregard >>34151246

Either full size or compact would be a good choice for the USP. The full size is a little longer than a full size Glock while forcing you to choose between less capacity (standard mags) or much more expensive magazines (jet funnel). I find the full size USP too large of a gun for anything really practical, although they are fine on the range. That guys is probably just being autistic because he thinks a USP without a recoil buffer spring isn't a "true" USP. There literally isn't any other difference worth noting.

The USPc is about the same size as a Glock 19, just a bit less magazine capacity, but a better design and trigger than the Glock. The USPc also makes more efficient use of grip space for maximizing magazine capacity despite having a much smaller circumference grip than full size USP. It depends on if you want to carry it, but if carry is ever in the cards, then the USPc is the correct choice. $761 + tax is about what they go for - not a particularly screaming deal, not a rip off either.

>>34151276
P2000 has a fatal flaw for me, which is that even though it uses the same mag release, the mag release doesn't sit as flush with the trigger guard as on the USP. It pinched my finger incredibly uncomfortably just gripping the gun, whereas I've never felt that on a USP.

P30 has finger grooves and a fat grip, which ruins it for me. It also has a worse trigger (still good, just a much longer reset), and just feels less substantial in certain ways, for example in how the right side slide catch wobbles and the grip inserts shift around while holding the grip.
>>
>>34151140

Not OP, but I have a question. Should I go HK45 and USP 9 or P30L and USP 45?
Besides capacity is there any real reason to pick the USP vs the HK45?
Also is it true that the USP are several magnitudes more durable than the new generation of HK pistols?
>>
File: 1495247021468.png (571KB, 959x771px) Image search: [Google]
1495247021468.png
571KB, 959x771px
>>34151276
>>34151411
I played around with both in a fun store, I like the feel of the USPc better honestly. Also the P2000's lack of an actual manual safety kinda turns me off. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>34151564
>Besides capacity is there any real reason to pick the USP vs the HK45?
>Also is it true that the USP are several magnitudes more durable than the new generation of HK pistols?
HK45 has advantages in its ergos (more of a shaped grip, interchangeable backstraps, stippled texture, bigger mag release), it has front slide serrations, an ambi slide catch and a standard 1913 rail. For a lot of people, that's going to be enough. It retains the USP's firing system modularity, so you can convert an HK45 DA/SA to LEM and back to DA/SA with spare parts.

The USP45 will feel like it has a bigger grip than the HK45 with the smallest backstrap option on, but you do get 2 more rounds of ammo in the magazine with the USP. The USP45 grip is bigger, but not THAT bad, IMO. I have small/medium hands and the trigger reach for double action doesn't give me any problems like a Sig P226 DA trigger position, however, does. Some people prefer not having finger grooves, I'm one of those people, since HK's finger grooves seem to work best with med/large to XL size fingers, which mine are not. Also, while a minor feature, the USP is highly stand-off capable, but the HK45 isn't.

>Also is it true that the USP are several magnitudes more durable than the new generation of HK pistols?
To my knowledge, there is no basis for such a claim.
>>
>>34151564
OP here, I'd go with USP45 and P30L.
P30L is pretty nice, and ive read that the USP45 trigger is a little better for most people vs the HK45
>>
>>34151564
HK45ct and USP9 or P30 and USP45
>>
>>34151823
Not to mention the firing system modularity that you lose with the P2000 and P30. You can convert a USP with a safety and DA/SA to SAO, decocker-only, LEM and back again. With the P2000, there is no option to have a manual safety, and with either of them, you can't really go between DA/SA and LEM.
>>
>>34151851
There are no SAO USP triggers.
>>
>>34151904
You're right, it's not really SAO, but there isn't really a good word for it. Basically there is a detent you can install in a USP which turns the safety/decocker lever into a safety-only lever. So, the sear is still the same DA/SA sear, but you lose your decocking function. I'm just assuming that people who have their USP set up like this would use their gun as if it were SAO. Then again, maybe people drop the hammer by pulling the trigger and slowly lowering the hammer down, but I don't know why people would choose to remove their decocker function just so they could operate their gun less safely.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.