[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern War Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

How come every modern war movie set in the middle east portrays every soldier as some good ol boy redneck? How come Hollywood thinks all super badass mega special forces are some hicks from the south?

>Act of Valor
>Black Hawk Down
>American Sniper

The list goes on
>>
Jews.
>>
>>34150954
'Act of Valor' used actual active duty operators. 'BHD' didn't seem overly rednecky; there was like one overtly "southern" guy (M60 dude) and the rest were just dudes. 'American Sniper' was based on a dude with a very public persona of being exactly that type of dude.

Maybe you're a butthurt Californian suffering from a lack of super male vitality?
>>
>>34150997
I'm in idaho.

I just watched Act of Valor and the thing I kept noticing is how redneck they all are. I mean Jar head wasn't redneck at all, Hurt Locker didn't seem that way very much either. What about Lobe Survivor?
>>
Cuz they are.
>>
File: 1459368928777.jpg (276KB, 548x546px) Image search: [Google]
1459368928777.jpg
276KB, 548x546px
>>34150954
Is the joke here that the movies are based on real people?
>>
>>34151067
Red states have a lot more dudes signing up for combat arms, especially in times of war. That's just the deal of it. The military has disproportionate amounts of southerners in it.

People from the south have varying degrees of instantly identifiable "southerness". Some dudes open their mouths and you know they are southern, some are just sorta normal.

Also, movies are movies my dude. Hurt Locker starred a bunch of fucking actors playing characters who weren't written to be "Southern". Some movies play it up- which can either be kinda accurate or full on cringe, depending on how much the hollywood writer looks down on the south or military..
>>
A large portion of the armed forces are from the south. Also the military attracts certain types of people, you are not going to see a lot of male feminists.
>>
>>34151217
>Also the military attracts certain types of people
inbred hicks, drooling mouth-breathers, et cetera

our best&brightest dont join the military. they dont have to.
>>
>>34151217

>male feminists

"male" feminists
>>
>>34150954
Most servicemen come from the South.
>>
>>34151236

The (you) generator.
>>
>>34151324
so, geldings?
>>
>>34151171
/thread
>>
>>34151236
I'll never understand hate for military members on a board dedicated to weapons and warfare. "Dank u 4 cervix loljk" and "lol dummieees for israel" whenever anybody with first hand experience of the topic at hand is on the board seems counter productive to a weapons and warfare board. Unless you're just so bored with life that low effort trolling is all that fills the time, which is truly sad.
>>
File: 2017-06-03-19-13-30-1846234318.jpg (15KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-03-19-13-30-1846234318.jpg
15KB, 195x259px
>>34151217
Because everyone that isn't a redneck is a male feminist
>>
>>34151336
found the kid with 85 iq ready to join the marines
>>
>>34151351
the world needs ditch diggers too. its not a hate against the military. its just perspective.
>>
>>34151236
So if you know who joins the military why does this thread exist?
>>
>>34150954
>How come Hollywood thinks all super badass mega special forces are some hicks from the south?
Because it's not untrue.

Most people in the US Army are from the Southern states.
>>
>>34151696
citation?
>>
File: 1495850632961.png (149KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495850632961.png
149KB, 480x800px
>>34150969
/thread
>>
>>34150954
Just the shitty ones that make all their money off patriotism instead of quality

American Sniper was a pretty terrible movie
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.