[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SIG 556

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

Found a SIG 556 in a similar configuration to pic, NIB at an LGS today for less than $1000. Are they good guns? Reliable? Or is it just more shit from SIG?
>>
Bumping once.
>>
>>34150393
don't have one, but they are my favorite looking 556 rifle by far

i'll bump for ya tho
>>
>>34150393
Depends on the year it was manufactured. I think the early ones had some problems, pre-2011 models. Mine runs like a champ.

It shoots smooth as hell because it is a bit beefy. Trigger is decent, might take some getting used to though. I can't see it ever having an FTE because it throws brass almost as hard as it spits lead. Seriously, try to take the lane on the right end of the range if you want to avoid pissing off the guy 3 lanes over. Accuracy is decent, it's a 16 inch basic bitch barrel so don't expect to drive tacks at 800 yards. Practical accuracy and all that. It seems decently reliable. I haven't dunked it in a sandbox personally or dragged it behind my truck for a few miles, but I have no doubt whatsoever that it will rooty tootie when I need to point and shootie.

Do yourself a favor and get a swiss style handguard, though. The fish gill handguard just didn't do it for me personally. It felt a little unstable/uncomfortable and didn't look half as nice. It also vents heat a lot better. Both handguards lock together with little plastic claws and those can break so if You're concerned about that you can get one of the Israeli cock sleeves with the green stripe down the middle to keep it secure. There's also a metal quad rail option that fits real snug in the bayonet lug socket.

I got mine used for $1300 with an Aimpoint PRO. They're nice guns if you're wanting one of the "not an AR" club passes with similar performance. It's a club made out of maple as opposed to oak. They'll both do the job. There's not a market to dress it up like there is with an AR though. You'll be really hard pressed to find any special parts or developments, even spare parts at that. Sig has discontinued the line and can't repair them if you happen to break anything important. So you'll have to turn to 3rd parties and random listings for whatever you're looking for. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>34151943
Thanks anon, I might pick it up since its NIB (or at least marked that). I already have an AR to do most of the AR things. I just wondered if they were any good, since they look nice and I wouldn't mind selling an AR out of my collection to pick it up.
>>
>>34150393
absolute shit don't waste your money
>>
>>34150393
You're an idiot if you think that's a good rifle
just get an AK and quit being autistic
>>
>>34150393
>newfags fall for the Sig garbage meme
OP I sincerely hope you're joking
>>
>>34150393
LMAO people still buy these? what the fuck you thinking baka
>>
>>34150393
>spending over 200 buckaroos on one
you are making a mistake
>>
>>34150393
You're better off buying literally anything else
>>
just throw your money down the drain why don't you
>>
>>34150393
it looks so ugly why would anyone buy that?
looks like a plastic AK
>>
>>34150393
pls be bait
>>
>>34153945
>>34153952
>>34153957
>>34153963
>>34153970
samefagging that hard
>>
OP don't listen to>>34151943 he's just trying to get you to fall for it
they're awful guns desu
>>
File: PicsArt_06-04-01.58.09.jpg (309KB, 1440x2076px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-04-01.58.09.jpg
309KB, 1440x2076px
>>34153993
try again shill
>>
>>34153993
>shilling for sig
>in the current year
kys
>>
File: bait~12.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bait~12.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>34153993
>>
can't tell if OP is retarded or not
>>
File: zzzzmisc~67.jpg (9KB, 276x200px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzmisc~67.jpg
9KB, 276x200px
>>34153914
>selling a good gun to buy a bad gun
get out
>>
>>34153993
You're not even trying at this point
sage
>>
>>34150393
Everyone knows thats the shittiest gun ever made OP
>>
>>34150393
RETARD ALERT
>>
>>34153945
Own a couple AK's already.
>>34154041
Selling one of 5 to buy something I don't have. I see no problem there.

Jesus christ what's with all the hostility? I just asked a simple question.
>>
File: IMG_4459-1.jpg (99KB, 592x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4459-1.jpg
99KB, 592x429px
>>34154763
It's summer, don't mind them.

Same anon as >>34151943
It's an enjoyable rifle, OP. Shoots nice and has a little bit of that euro-gun aesthetic credit out of the box. If nothing else, you can pretty it up a little further and have a little head turner for your range days.

>Get the Swiss handguard
>Get a Wenger bayonet and bayonet lug if you can
>Paint plastic parts OD green to match bayonet handle
>Paint metal parts in the same gray as the bayonet blade
>Cerakote looks pretty good on it
>Add a little Swiss cross somewhere and white fill the lettering for a little extra flair
>Get either smokey or clear Lancer mags
>Get one of the rear diopter/front sight kits from MFIAP
>Your choice of optic
>Your choice of accessories if you get the rail add-ons for the swiss handguard
>Any other personal touches that may tickle your timmy like paracord wrapping the stock or whatever
>Go to the range and shoot shit with your fun, good looking gun

If you hate it after that, trade or sell it. You should be able to get good money off of it.
>>
>>34156176
Probably will then, for nothing else than adding to my collection of weird and uncommon weapons.
>>
>>34157746
There's a good man. Fill the armory and be merry. Best wishes for you and your new rifle, OP. Godspeed.
>>
>>34156176
Beautiful. I thinking to add a 556 next to my military SG550
>>
File: 1429489342850.png (63KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1429489342850.png
63KB, 208x200px
>>34150393
It is worth it the only thing to consider is trying to get extra parts because sig discontinued it's line. It is actually a top tier rifle I would also consider trying to find the swat hand-guards.
>>
Buying abandoned models is always a terrible idea unless there are millions of them in circulation to cannibalize spare parts from.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.