[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NPAP Failure, pls halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: NPAP-Jam.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
NPAP-Jam.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
/k/ my NPAP is jammed up, what do?

NPAP fired probably 100 rounds just fine a few weeks back. Took it out to the range today, 7th round and it's jammed up pretty fierce.

Pic is of where the bolt/charging handle is stuck. There is a tiny bit of wiggle, but it won't go forward or back. You can see the brass stuck there.

I'm also gonna be honest /k/ in all the confusion, I'm 99% certain the 7th shot fired and the jam was on extraction, but in the time that has passed driving home doubt has crept in. What if that's a live round?

Took the dust cover and recoil spring out, hammer was in a slightly forward position but is now locked back.

Do I have to disassemble the gun further? Any ideas what to do?
>>
>>34149650
hit with a hammer.
>>
>>34149650
Mortar clear it.
>>
pound the butt on the ground until the jam shakes free. keep face away from barrel just in case.
>>
>>34149650
https://youtu.be/_4rZkMEL1Pk
>>
>>34149670
This. If you wanted to be extra sure, you could gently place a rod down the bore and measure how deep it goes. A fired case would give you atleast two extra inches so the difference would be noticible
>>
>>34149650
with the barrel pointed in a safe direction take the top cover off, pull out the spring, then bash the bolt handle to the rear with a hammer. Without the spring there is no way the bolt could return to battery and fire if it is a live round.
>>
File: IMG_0568.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0568.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34149650
You can try to hit it out with the steel cleaning rod and jag piece attached but that can be risky. You can also try to mortar it or use some vice grips if you have some small enough. Zastavas are shit, get an Arsenal.
>>
>>34149661
>>34149670
>>34149676
>>34149681
>>34149690
Thanks, should have figured brute force was the answer. Wifey is on an important call and would be pretty upset if I started hammering now, so will attempt to force clear when I can and update.
>>34149703
N-PAP was the only thing available in CA at the time in the perfect storm of timing and price to beat new legislation, so it was either this or no-AK pattern for at least a few years as legislation is challenged.
>>
>>34149738
Understandable. I'm just letting you know that they have a lot of issues because zasta QC has dropped. These rifles are nothing compared to m70s.
>>
>>34149757
Bummer, mine had a few QC things on primary inspection but not as bad as what I had read. Not enough rounds through it to pass final judgement, but thanks for the heads up.
>>
Just pull on the bolt real hard, if rim rips try smashing the round out with a steel rod, if the round is too stuck then drill a small hole in the case empty out the powder and then break up the case and get it out piece by piece from the chamber, or just hit the primer, be sure to have your firing mechanism well protected though or you will really fuck it up.
>>
>>34149793
How many rounds total? My friend got one and his rifle has been replaced due to peening and muzzle brake detent flew out.
>>
>>34149917
I've only taken it out shooting twice, I don't quite remember what I put through it the first time, somewhere between 60 and 100 and today it only made it through 7. So the round count is very low, between 70 and 110.

(Didn't try clearing at range, was at the end of my day, had been shooting other guns mostly)
>>
Happened to my Npap once. I ran a cleaning rod down the barrel while pulling on the charging handle and it ejected really easy. Has not happened sense.
>>
>>34149650
>Any ideas what to do?

Don't buy yugoshit.
>>
File: 762NPAP.jpg (371KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
762NPAP.jpg
371KB, 1280x1280px
Put some muscle into it. Took dust cover and recoil spring out, slammed the charging handle back with some gusto, yanked the whole thing out and out popped this live round (see pic)

It's got another neck surrounding it. Did the round before it blow in half and this one tried to get chambered inside of it? Ammo is American Eagle.

What causes this?
>>
>>34153304

Shitty ammo, just shoot wolf, it's what the gun was designed for.
>>
>>34153331
A lot of ranges here won't let us shoot bi-metal rounds because of fire danger.
>>
>>34153340

Accuse them of being in denial of being bi metal curious.

Or shoot in BLM land, Nevada is filthy with it, and some chunks of Cali too.
>>
>>34149650
get out of the house and call the bombsquad
>>
File: ridewut.png (179KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ridewut.png
179KB, 500x500px
>>34153304
How the hell does that even happen?
>>
I prefer the Kick-clear method for hard-lock-ups where mortaring bears no fruit, and a tool is not available. Some people will argue it's unsafe, but to my knowledge, it's been used on AKs around the world, (one reason why some have L-shaped charging handles), with good effect. Should you doubt your capacity to pull it off, then don't attempt.
1. If you can remove the mag, do it.
2. Place the stock on the ground, and angle the muzzle away from you. You can use the inside of your balancing foot to brace the stock and keep the rifle at an angle by holding the barrel, behind the front sight, if its not hot.
3. Raise your leg, and kick downward forcefully on the charging handle.

The gun is mostly steel: if it can't take it, then you've got a bigger problem in the making. Your primary concern using this technique is keeping the muzzle away from you, which can require a degree of balance. If you don't think you can do it, then take safety first, wait, and obtain a rubber mallet or the likes. Otherwise, your leg will provide significantly more force than your arm, normally, and make removal of the troublesome cartridge easier than mortaring. I would definitely use all other options before this one, should they be available, but should they not be and you proceed with caution, all should be well.
>>
>>34153304
That's pretty damn impressive

That's a case head separation of the previous round which apparently still ejected.

The problem is your ejection is too violent for brass ammo. No clue what could be causing this, though.
>>
>>34153603
Case separation. It can be caused by several issues: certain oils can cause a hard pressure seal, ammunition is reloaded too much, gas is misregulated, etc.

OP. Did you use any oils that may have gone into the chamber?
>>
>>34153648
My personal bet is the system is over-gassed. The gas hole may be out of spec, or something similar. The result is extra gas, leading to a faster, more forceful action, which doesn't provide the bullet enough time to "uncork". Without the uncorking effect, the pressure remains extremely high, pressing the brass against the chamber firmly: the violent action then rips apart the case, leaving the bottleneck stove-piped in, (not the same as the tradition stove-pipe ejection issue).
>>
File: 1485084721059.png (479KB, 1712x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1485084721059.png
479KB, 1712x1744px
>centuryfag literally has a malfunction on his fucking AK
>probably shits on and makes fun of Arsenals too

Another one bites the dust
>>
>>34153660
So you're saying that the previous cartridge didn't explode, it just split apart during extraction and only half went byebye? Or that it did explode and somehow didn't damage the gun?
>>
>>34153660
No, didn't use any oil. I did notice when taking it apart though the piston was filthy. Like I said only has like 120 rounds through it, max.

>>34153691
Anything I can do to test this or does it need a gunsmith?
>>34153701
Don't shit on Arsenal. Just bought an NPAP because it was affordable and available.
>>
>>34153791
Testing is largely subjective with an AK that has few rounds through it, but I'll give you a few things to look out for:
#1. Snappy recoil. In spite of being designed to take on more than enough gas, the AK's recoil should be more of a push than a kick. If you're getting a sudden jar in the shoulder or slap against the cheek, it is likely a sign of too much gas.
#2. Note the shape of the bolt carrier tail, (the piece that sticks out the back of the bolt-carrier). If you're seeing flattening or displacement of metal, it may be over-gassed. It also may be of lower grade metal, but at this point the weapon's life, it's more likely gas.
#3. Check the rear trunnion, (the part that sits under the recoil spring catch/release button; attaches to stock in the back of the receiver), for impact marks, burring, deformation, etc.
#4. Repeated case separation, abnormally violent ejection, gusts of gas out of the ejection port, or unusual build up of filth around the bolt or spent casings. In other words, if the gun is truly over-gassed and the case is being ripped out before uncorking, you should experience violent blowback of gas from the barrel during extraction; not just loose dust being flung outward. You're effectively getting a bit of the force that is meant for the bullet.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.