[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are gun store employees so autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25

What is it about working at a gun store that seems to demand ypu also case of crippling autism? (Based on my experience in gun stores in NH and MA).

They all act like they couldn't care less if you were there and get pissed if you let them know you don't know very much about something and would like their opinion on it. The only other place I've had this customer service experience is fancy coffee shops staffed entirely by fags and hipster retards.
>>
>>34146845
>NH and MA
fudds.
>>
>>34146854
This is definitely a possibility I hadn't considered
>>
>>34146845

because they get paid $15/hr plus commission ?
>>
What I don't get is all the people that shop at gun stores. A typical purchase for me goes like this:

1)decide what I want
2)look it up on Gunbroker and see what is the best price+shipping and transfer fee
3)go to LGS to see what their price is+tax, perfectly willing to pay a slight premium to get it same day
4)Save anywhere from $50-$100 by buying off gunbroker

Except for a 10/22(lower price gun anyway so less room for discounts) I bought at a LGS I haven't been able to find a competitive price locally on a single gun I've purchased since Gunbroker took off.

I'm convinced people that buy guns at LGS are unaware of the internet. Especially when they're lining up to pay sales tax on $1000+ guns.
>>
>>34146845
Can you imagine what catering to autistic gunfags does to your soul? imagine working in retail where every customer thinks he's a fucking expert with a mission to prove you wrong. It must be horrible and probably pays shit wages too.
>>
>>34146940
I'm a no nothing and would love it if they schooled me as much as possible. The last place I went to the guy acted prickly as fuck because I didn't know what bullet weight I wanted
>>
>>34146940
Problem is that autistic fag probably IS an expert...in whatever specific thing he's interested in. There is no fucking way for a gun counter guy to be balls deep in every shooting discipline, manufacturer's catalog or historical rabbit hole. I think a lot of their attitude is from NOT knowing everything. All day people come in who know every fucking thing about the specific piece they are interested in and tell the gun counter guy they are wrong BECAUSE THEY ARE WRONG. That kind of shit has to eat at a man's soul.
>>
>>34146920
Sadly I live in MA and everything on gunbroker isnt cuck compliant
>>
>>34146845
>(Based on my experience in gun stores in NH and MA)

What stores were they?
>>
>>34146845
Because people who open local/neighborhood gun stores do so, because guns are their passion, not because they understand business. You see this phenomenon a lot in other 'hobby-style' shops like Scuba or Paintball. Being knowledgeable about guns, doesn't necessarily mean you know anything about running a profitable business.
>>
I have never experienced this even in retail stores. Gun culture in your state is a big
factor.
>>
>>34146845
Maybe they don't like you personally. Most stores I've gone to the employees seem pretty cool.
>>
File: karl.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
karl.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>34147015
>Being knowledgeable about guns, doesn't necessarily mean you know anything about running a profitable business.
Makes sense, I can totally see Karl opening a gun store and getting in an argument with every customer
>>
>>34146954
Lesson 1: "know"
>>
>>34146854
MassFag here, can confirm. It's hard being into self defense in this state; specifically the North Shore.
>>
>>34146854
>NH
>fudds

Is there a gun store in NH that doesn't have some kind of AR in their inventory?
>>
>>34146845
Never a problem I've seen in the south, they tend to be friendly, engaging, willing to shoot the shit on a myriad of topics and they never push a sale because they KNOW you'll be back.
>>
>>34146994
Collector's gallery
Gun and Sport North
Old glory Guns and Ammo
Actually, the Gun and Sport North guys were pretty cool.
>>
>>34147038
I don't know who Karl is, but for a lot of people who dedicate all their free time and energy into their hobby of choice they think the next natural step is to take that 'passion' and turn it into a business. When in reality the most successful business people are those who can remain emotionally detached from the business and just view it in terms of profit/loss. I'd guess that probably 1/4 (maybe more) of these type of small businesses are barely breaking even and/or are being supported by a spouse with a 'real' job.
>>
>>34147031
I make a lot of small talk but retail employees everywhere else don't seem to mind it.
>>
>>34147015
This is a good point, I also see this kind of assholery at bicycle shops and I think it originates from exactly the same place.
>>
>>34147125
Collectable arms and ammo on the Daniel Webster highway is pretty good. They gave be a box of free ammo when I bought my first pistol on my 21st birthday. Riley's guns in hooksett is also pretty good. I can't vouch for any gun shops South of Londonderry or in Mass though. And any shops in Nashua or Hudson might as well be in Mass.
>>
>>34147175
>Riley's guns in hooksett is also pretty good

no

Riley's will lie to your face about their return policy if they think it'll convince you to buy something, and half of their employees are dumbasses.

It's not a bad place to buy from if you know what you're doing, but Shooter's Outpost is literally one million times better.
>>
File: 1390391282941.png (209KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390391282941.png
209KB, 480x480px
>tfw LGS is run by a bunch of bantzy italian dudes and their hardcore gun enthusiast friends who all categorically refuse to let a customer leave unsatisfied
>>
>>34147139

Bike shops are the fucking worst. You get the autistic fuddness that comes with someone being overly passionate about something not particularly interesting with the hipster/elitist millennial vibe that comes with cycling.
>>
>>34147261
Yeah it's a pretty cancerous combination. Any place that acts like they're doing you a favor by allowing you to shop there can get fucked.
>>
>>34147097
ARs have become fudd friend.
>Muh Obama gonna take them away
>Muh RTKABA
>We need our rifles to fight duh gubmint
I mean, they're not entirely wrong with the general premise, but they're presentation is shit.
>>
>>34146954
No you don't because most people who work gun counters have a topical knowledge of firearms at best.
>>
>>34147261
God this so spot on. I'm surprised the entire staff isn't cradling fidget spinner when I go into my local one.
>>
>>34147261
this. so much this.

at least my last LGS wasn't autistic, just a fuddly mom and pop store who didn't mind my fingerfucking everything new in sight.
>>
>>34146845
Sounds like someone went to four seasons.
>>
>>34147296
Do you even know what a fudd is?
>>
619 DW Guns all day
>>
>>34146845
Please stop coming from Mass we don't want you
>>
>>34147038
>those teeth
does he ever brush his fucking teeth? at the red october match i heard several people talking about his shit breath, i can see why
>>
>>34147591
Hey, you got to compromise if you want to shoot as much as he does.
>>
>>34146845
Try shawsheen firearms near 129 and 3A. Vinny is a cool dude and its pretty much just him. He primarily has used firearms but will order whatever you want. Right now he is my goto.
>>
>>34146907
When I worked a counter, I got paid $10 and no commission
>>
>>34147556
we'll stop coming to NH when you stop coming to MA for work
>>
>>34147097
i'm only speaking to MA because that's where i lived before i wised the fuck up and moved to texas. but it's still a pretty good bet.
>>
>>34147015
Yeah, saw this recently. Some bearded old guy opened a Cowboy Action sort of store that sold almost all SAA's and other old westy style guns. He also did reloading, bought a bunch when it first opened but could never keep any of it that actually moved in tock.

He lasted 9 months and from what I heard, didn't understand that SAAS wasn't as popular as he thought it was going to matches, but instead thought it was other gun stores bad mouthing him and telling people not to go there.

I was in there once and he had literally every SAA that was made by Uberti, and they all had grossly weird prices. The ones that were branded towards SAAS shooting were all "custom" and "Competition Ready". He also made a point to say that he "personally checks" every gun and "test shoots them" so he can guarantee them or something.

Didn't like it when I commented "So these are all used guns?"
>>
>>34146845

Never had this happen to me at the PB I go to (although I did encounter some fuddlore). Bass Pro Shop, though, had a counter with maybe five old men who wouldn't lift a finger to help you unless you were buying a deer gun, and at one local place a guy tried to sell me a mosin for $400 as a "soviet sniper rifle".
>>
>>34146845
why are customers such idiots?
>>
>>34146920
>I'm convinced people that buy guns at LGS are unaware of the internet.
Truly spoken like a millennial.

Sometimes gun shopping is also about social interaction and building a relationship with the person who owns the gun store you're buying from.
>>
File: family photo.jpg (2MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
family photo.jpg
2MB, 4896x3672px
>>34147228
Riley's doesn't seem too bad but yeah Shooter's Outpost seems miles better just simply in terms of size and a decent staff.

They have kind of a weird FFL transfer system though which has caused annoyances with the people I buy guns on Gunbroker from though.

Got all of my collection through them minus the P64 which I bought at Riley's.
>>
>>34147860
Lawls, gen X actually. I've been buying guns since before there was an internet.

Sometimes gun shopping is about purchasing a product at the lowest market price not about joining some knitting circle.
>>
>>34146920
And that's where WA state got you. You have to pay sales tax on a firearm that is transferred to your LGS.
>>
>>34147130

Hi, you must be new to /k/.
>>
>>34147228
I've only ever bought AR parts and ammo from Rileys. Never had a problem with either. But I suppose i've never bought anything serialized. I've never had a good time with Shooters Outpost when it came to guns. I went there looking for a pistol and they were pushing Sig like it was hot wet sex. Also, their prices seem really unpredictable. Sometimes they have a good deal, other times they're charging $900 for a VZ2008. I did buy my first gun there though. and they're awesome for reloading knowledge, supplies, and bench equipment.
>>
File: always on edge.jpg (105KB, 720x805px) Image search: [Google]
always on edge.jpg
105KB, 720x805px
>>34147261
>tfw i work at a bike shop and I don't even like bikes
I've only ever seen a fellow staff member act condescending towards a customer when that customer balked at the price of a bike. Even then, I don't think it was an intentional "get out of our store poorfag," it was more of a "this is how much things cost man, no one can change that."
>>
>>34147097
Yeah Welch's Gun Shop, where if you're not the owners' best friend you're eyeballed out of the store.
Imo Shooter's Outpost and 619 are the best, very few fudds in my experience.
>>
>imagine dealing with know-it-alls every day
>imagine dealing with people haggling prices every day
>imagine working in an industry that doesn't give a shit about it's dealers
>imagine working in an industry that cannot keep stock and never getting the amount you need or ordered
>imagine working in an industry that is on the brink of being shut down by lawmaking every couple months
>imagine being paid like a cleaning woman
>imagine working shit hours and being expected to study up on firearms subjetcs in your spare time
>imagine the stench of all your fat weird disgusting customers mixed into the normal ones
>imagine actually loosing interest in shooting yourself

list goes on
>>
File: BuysS&WsWithLocks.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
BuysS&WsWithLocks.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
>>34148609
>Imagine finding a new job
>>
>>34148713
that picture just made my shitty day
thank you anon
>>
>>34148713
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
>>
>>34146845
Probably because they've had to deal with autistic fucks for the past 5 years and found it easier to communicate when they drop to your level.
>>
>>34147829
>no one can ever be new to something
>>
If you've never worked retail it's hard to understand. You get paid near minimum wage to deal with the entire spectrum of customers. some are average. some are good (and you like the good ones). some are fucking retarded. one retard can ruin the entire day. You can't just ignore them because it's your job.

Retail is a job where either you're in college and you just need any money or you've done something horribly wrong in life to be stuck there.
>>
>>34147935
> gen x
> buying guns before the internet
> buying guns in the early 1960's
Okay
>>
>>34148606

Ever been to Coyote Creek or Renaissance Firearms?
>>
File: Fucktard.jpg (73KB, 549x721px) Image search: [Google]
Fucktard.jpg
73KB, 549x721px
>>34149246
>gen x
Many researchers and demographers continue to use dates which correspond to the strict fertility patterns in the population, which results in a Generation X starting date of 1965, such as Pew Research Center which uses a range of 1965–1980,[13] MetLife which uses 1965–1976,[3] Australia’s McCrindle Research Center which uses 1965–1979,[14] and Gallup which also uses 1965–1979.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X#Date_and_age_range_defining
>>
>>34146845

they get into the business knowing that they are gonna stay local and probably not make too much because they want to spend all day fingering military gear
>>
>>34147073
>being into self defense
This is why democrats dont care about you, they understand that you see guns as a toy, not a tool.
>>
>>34146845
would bang all of these fine ladies, but good god do i want bj from lefty
>>
Funny, I've been treated fine at every gun store I've ever been to - even the ones that I've heard people complain about for rudeness. I wonder if that's because I'm polite and don't act either like an entitled prick or a know-it-all sperglord.
>>
File: Tactical Melon.jpg (103KB, 799x503px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Melon.jpg
103KB, 799x503px
>>34149926
Do you have tits?
>>
>>34146845
Find another gun shop. The one in Martinez is staffed by assholes, the one in Cordelia has an okay staff, and the Vallejo and Vacaville stores have pretty good staff.
>>
>>34150179
OP said he was in New England, anon. The north bay is a long way away from that.
>>
>>34150179
Also, not shopping at Antioch Armory instead of Martinez? What did you expect.
>>
File: michigan.jpg (19KB, 448x278px) Image search: [Google]
michigan.jpg
19KB, 448x278px
>>34146845
In Michigan, my lgs deals with drunk/high nigs from Lansing.
>>
>>34150321
Never noticed the top left lake looks like a shadow puppet
>>
I live in an anti 2nd amendment nigger/spic shit hole with no way to legally get a gun for self defense.

You can only get a shooting range license and you are not allowed to use it for self defense in your own dam home unless the nigger/spic has already shoot at you (no joke)

Where I live the only way to legally buy a gun after getting the shooting range license is only through a physical gun store.

Since the owners in the gun store are like car salesmen it is best to look up the gun you want online and only enter the place after you already know exactly what you want and its cost.

There is even a limit to how many bullets you can buy legally where I live, it is complete bullshit.

Also it has a high number of gun crimes by nigger/spics who just get their guns illegally on the street.
>>
>>34146920
>$50-100 is not a small premium
There's your problem right there. What would be a small premium to you? If they're only $50 off the absolute lowest price they're doing pretty good. You're just a cheap bastard.
>>
>>34150533

Current example for you:

I'm going to get a GP100 next month 4.2" SS finish. I can get one NIB from GB with shipping and transfer fee for $625. My LGS price plus tax is $697. $72 will pay for new grips, a spring kit and some shims. LGS loses again.
>>
>>34150696
>GP100

Dude I almost had a heartattack thinking you were goinig to buy a grand power shit...

Woud recommend only to an enemy
>>
>>34150696
Yeah. You're unwilling to pay the small premium and are instead choosing the lowest price the internet offers. It's cool if you want to shop that way, but don't act like it's the local shop's fault.
>>
>>34150418
What's the problem?
>wait for criminal scum to break in
>treat scum like scum
>kill scum on sight
>Walk over to armed scum
>Fire their gun once or twice into your wall
>"scum shot first"

Or

>wait for scum to break in to your home
>try to deter them by letting them know you are armed
>get killed anyways
>become martyr to begin movement to change gun laws for the generations of your unborn children
>>
>>34150946
It's their fault for sure. I don't know what they pay for the gun but I have to imagine they have enough room in that price to make more than $20 in profit(transfer fee) if they would just work with me a little.

I swear to god if I was talking about finding the best price on a TV or a refrigerator no one would have any fucks to give. Are you a butthurt shop owner who misses the days before the internet when he could dictate the value of his goods to the local market with impunity? Personal profit motive is the only reason I can fathom for anyone to have a problem with a customer making a purchase decision based on cost.
>>
>>34147860
The LGS can't survive on just transfer fees.
Translation for kids: UR dumb.
>>
>>34150411
And a superior one at that.
>>
>>34151049
>>34151049
Dude I just said I don't care if you shop like that, just don't reeeeeee at the shop owner. They offer something you can't get from the internet it's up to you if that's worth it to you. Your answer is no it's not because you're a cheap bastard that gets triggered by any price over $20 higher than the absolute lowest price offered by anyone.
>>
File: 1326602297369.gif (132KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1326602297369.gif
132KB, 117x125px
>>34147253
dood give em a plug, where is this
>>
File: 1326653409678.gif (2MB, 264x185px) Image search: [Google]
1326653409678.gif
2MB, 264x185px
>>34147521
obviously he doesn't
>>
File: MakesDollars.jpg (34KB, 552x331px) Image search: [Google]
MakesDollars.jpg
34KB, 552x331px
>>34151172
>The LGS can't survive on just transfer fees.

A gun shop is selling the gun I am having transferred and, I assume, is making some profit on it. So what am I to assume as a consumer but that my LGS is marking their gun up more than the other shop?

>>34151196
I don't reeee at the shop owner I tell them what price point I am willing to pay, they say no and then I order it online and pay them $20 to handle the transfer. I reeeee on /k/.
>>
>>34146845
It's a retail job that has serious consequences if you fuck up. For example, it you work in a clothing store and you misplace some shirts, the worst that could happen is the cost might come out of your paycheck. You might also lose your job if it's a repeat offense. If you "misplace" a few guns in a gun store, not only might you go to jail, the store might get shut down if this happens too often and your boss go to jail.

As for the attitude, keep in mind that they are not allowed to sell guns OR ammo to Prohibited Persons. There are background checks for guns, but not ammo. If they accidentally sell to a Prohibited Person, they are liable. If the person's background check gets denied, then they are in a position of having to inform law enforcement to get the person arrested. It's a really shitty position that no one wants to be in, yet they still get a literal deluge of dumb niggers coming into their store trying to buy guns and ammo, despite being convicted felons.
>>
>>34148713

is he wearing two hats?!?!?!?

tactical as fuck
>>
File: DAM RITE.png (924KB, 1366x766px) Image search: [Google]
DAM RITE.png
924KB, 1366x766px
>>34151384
Two is one, one is none.
>>
>>34147514
those guys are just awful.

I actually don't have that bad a time at the Mass Firearm Academy - some of the guys behind the counter were really excited when they saw my MAS 49/56 and were conversant on its history.
>>
File: jordie 99.jpg (75KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
jordie 99.jpg
75KB, 400x306px
>>34148713
great pic, also that is why only the weirdos are left, the normal guy who appreciates fire arms but doesn't put up with this goes somewhere else
>>
File: penguinpooch.jpg (55KB, 343x576px) Image search: [Google]
penguinpooch.jpg
55KB, 343x576px
>>34151422
who is this hippie, i see him posted a lot on k, must be a cringe thing
>>
File: guitar lick.gif (963KB, 180x123px) Image search: [Google]
guitar lick.gif
963KB, 180x123px
>>34151428
is it in original caliber or 7.62 nato? Asking for a friend
>>
>>34146845

Former gun store employee here. About 80% were okay regular people.

10% were clueless, and needed a lot of face to face time to help them out. This was not a problem. I'd rather go the extra mile to help out and get a sale. Most of these ended up being repeat customers.

10% were fucking nightmares. Either Fudds, pseudo tactical operators or interweb experts. For some reason they all want to stand and talk and argue the finer points about personal preference or technical issues. Fuckers couldn't understand that it was a place of business and not a social club or entertainment hub... I didn't need to hear about how they went hog hunting with cousin Billy with his daddy's .32 Winchester or how their rare '42 Sako factory Mosin was more accurate than his Portuguese Mauser. Worse was fools who came in and would ask for advice and then get all pissed and want to debate the finer points of Norinco vs Yugo mil-surp ammo, when all the time the store needed to break budget for the day to stay afloat.

Glad I gave it up ....
>>
I work inna cabela's

I know a lot of the other gun counter outfitters here are decent folk, but there are a few who are asses and look down on people. 90% will help you as best they can though and are thrilled to help someone new to guns. Although a lot of them will get pissed if you waste their time instead of wanting to buy one or at least trying to get info for a serious future purchase. We don't get commission, but it's still annoying when some COD kid just wants to finger fuck a SCAR 17 or sp5k

Now, if a customer acts like a dick first, and we a good amount of these sorts, then a lot of the guy's will return the favor in kind. I try not to, but then again, I try to avoid the assholes if I can.

Although I have to say, even the most decent person will turn into a dick when it comes to filling out the 4473. The vast majority can not listen to simple instructions. Most are just minor fixes, but some need to be redone or even deny. Then they get pissed at us for their own fuck up. I had a guy go ballistic at us since he messed up his ipad input, fucked up his second attempt on the computer, then fucked up majorly on the paper form and self prohibited. He was yelling at us wanting us to fill out the form for him and stormed out spewing curses when we said we legally can not .
>>
>>34147454
Fuckin fidget spinner
>about two weeks ago
>walk into Walmart to buy handgun ammo because it's the cheapest around
>it's behind a locked cabinet
>find an employee because you know there's nobody at the gun counter
>first two employees I find are literal gay hipsters spinning fidget spinners
>ask if they can get the ammo out of the gun cabinet
>"umm we can't open that"
>they turn back towards each other and go back to spinning and talking
>ask if they can get someone who can open the cage
>"well I guess we could"
>they both walk off fidget spinners still spinning
>few mins go by and still nobody
>see another employee and ask her if she has a key to the ammo cage
>"sorry sir, only managers and supervisors have that key. I'll go get one"
>she radios for a manager
>the manager gets there in about 30 seconds
>ask which ammo I want
>tell him and he hands me the box
>tell them thanks and that the other two guys just walked off
>mangers asks which guys
>I describe the two hipster fags with fidget spinners and buzzfeed haircuts.
>"this shit again, I'll have a talk with them"
I haven't seen either of them since, hopefully they got fired. I work retail and it fuckin sucks but you still need to provide good customer service no matter what.
>>
>>34149440

According to me, it's defined by the most
prevalent communication technologies
used during their high school years

GenX (born 1965-77)
>pagers
>BBSing

Gen Y (Born 1978-1985)
>flip phones
>dial-up internet

Gen Z - Proto-Millenial (Born 86-2000)
>smart phones
>broadband

Millenial (2000-2015)
AKA- iGen or Generation "Me"

>Snap/Insta/Twitter
>Apps, Apps, duuuude social Apps.
>Hey... you know, like, apps?

>>34149246
>> gen x
>> buying guns before the internet

When people say before the internet "was a thing", the mean it colloquially. Not before fucking DARPAnet and USEnet were on major university campuses. They mean before the World Wide Web was in common use and actually started being useful for laypersons. Though I have a sneaking suspicion you know that and are just being an insufferable cunt.
10/10 have some (You)
>>
>>34147860
>Sometimes gun shopping is also about social interaction and building a relationship with the person who owns the gun store you're buying from

Yup. And doing so netted me a couple nice firearms at discounted prices. They also give me a heads up when they take AKs in on trade.
>>
File: IMG_0140.jpg (70KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0140.jpg
70KB, 599x449px
>>34151189
Stahp.
>>
>>34150418

Sounds like NY. Maybe MA (only slightly worse than NY)
>>
>>34151804
This. I never complain about customer service, because usually as long as they're nice I have an understanding of what THEIR harships are, but when they're just dicks they literally need to learn that they have to do their jobs or be fired.

It's frustrating too, geenralizing about "The Millenials" is super hard to do, biggest gen since the biggest ever, and the most polarized in memory
>>
I was hoping from the thumbnail that they were all japanese
>>
>>34150257
It illustrates his need to look farther afield.
>>
>>34146854
>live in CT
>visit NH gunstore
>half the store is the owner's "private collection" that isn't for sale
>ask if they would be willing to ship a firearm to my CT FFL
>claim you have to contact the local police chief and FBI every time u ship a gun to NY or CT
>turn 360 and out the door
>>
>>34150296
Kinda far, but worth checking out on your say so. Thanks!
>>
>>34146845

Because it's not really a way to make a living anymore. They're vanity-project time-killers for old retired fucks who don't want to talk to anyone below 50. This goes double for those who have the "private collections" in there. They're talking points for him and his friend circle.
>>
>>34150418
Chicago?
I like how Chi Town tries to outlaw guns, has the highest gin violence rate, and blames the problem on sales from other jurisdictions- which do not themselves have the high crime rates.
>>
>>34146845
Go to rileys in hooksett then you fucking pussy
>>
>>34146845
They also fuck around talking with their buddies instead of helping customers.
>>
>>34148713
I love this
>>
>>34148609
Get a different jump you fucking shit stain instead of being a little bitch 5hat ruins it for everyone else, hope someone beats your bitch ads into a pull you worthless fuckwad.
>>
>>34148609
I love knocking down people who think they know it all
Haggling can be fun when you get a customer who's not a complete asshole
Most manufactures have decent relationships with their vendors. My store gets a call about once a month from our sig, glock, HK and beretta rep.
My store keeps good stock and decent mangers know how to run any store properly
Fuck the government, also not true
Hardworking gun store employees get paid good money
Hours are shit, people wanna buy guns at like 9pm sometimes and we always have like three people hanging out by the door before we open. We also keep up with the firearms news and usually get a heads up from our reps
The people do smell bad, the worst are smokers on hot days
I'm still very interested in suicide but I won't do it with a gun.
>>
>>34150418
Totally sounds like chicago.
I know... I moved from there after ten years.
>>
>>34151804
I bet you complained about pet rocks and yo-yos too.
>>
>>34146845
OP is one or more of these
>A meth head
>A nigger
>under 25 and dresses like shit
see nigger, but add a W to the front
>over 30 with tendie grease on his face
>>
>>34152649
Mostly about poor customer service that happened to include fidget spinners.
>>
>>34146907
you say this like its not a good wage for a simple job
>>
>>34146978
lmao please be bait
>>
>>34151259
the general premise of your post is correct but holy fuck dude, don't say blatantly wrong shit when making your point. it's illegal to deduct losses from paychecks, you don't call the police on a denied background check, etc.
>>
File: iZ2BViT.jpg (105KB, 650x506px) Image search: [Google]
iZ2BViT.jpg
105KB, 650x506px
>LGS is staffed by assorted gun nuts including one guy from parts unknown who always has a recommendation for me when I walk in.
>"Hey, we got a Dutch Krag, wanna see?"
>"Hey, somebody else bought that nambu type 14 you were eyeing, but we got a 7.65 luger with holster stock right here behind the counter."
His recommendations are always a bit rich for my blood, but he just handed me a Krag and let me finger fuck it 15 seconds after walking in, so I can get past that.
>>
>>34146845

Today I walked into my local gun shop. The owner recognizes me and ask how I'm doing. Chat a bit, and finger fuck a mossberg shockwave. Ask for a brick of 22 LR, he gets me three to choose from. I go with the plinking grade stuff as small game season isn't till October. He respects that and rings me up.

Feels good man.
>>
>>34151509
Ian McCollum from the Forgotten Weapons and InRangeTV YouTube channel.

He's a pretty chill guy, has a cool collection of funs too. I recommend his channel if you want to know about cool shit, like an AN-94.
>>
>>34146920

I'm hesitant to buy a gun that I have not inspected personally, or better yet fired. You always want to check for defects or damage, but it's also important to just see how it feels.
A gun that feels right (ergonomics, ease of getting a good sight picture, etc.) will be more enjoyable to shoot and will serve you better if you need to use it.
>>
>>34151556
There's a guy that shows up at my shop on Friday nights. Went from a spindly little noodle boy to a fat fuck and has problems walking, even brings a little walker that doubles as a stool.

Every. Fucking. Friday. Problem is, he's like Ak47.net intelligent on guns. Last time he talked about his Archangel Mosin "sniper" and how well it does at 100 yards. Before that, it was his PUNISHER 1911. Has a whole collection of screw builds he did way back when parts kits were dirt cheap and still managed to make them look like shit.

Anything even remotely milsurp comes in, he's automatically knows what it is but is usually wrong.

He's not an ass but has that excited bullshit, just has to get his opinion in.
>>
>>34147729
>he "personally checks" every gun and "test shoots them" so he can guarantee them

God damn, he was pretending to be a gunstore owner from the 19th century. How retarded.
>>
>>34146845
Work at a gun store. I can honestly say that I try my best to give good customer service. I get when people don't know hun stuff, we were all there at one point. I can admit when I don't know certain things about guns.

I have a couple type of customers that irritate the shit out of me
>the mall ninja guy who thinks anything not tactical or wood is inferior
>we have a ticket system to get help and there's always that one jackass who says "i already know what I want do I really have to wait"
>the guy who's trying to get a .44 mag revolver for his 5' 0" wife who has never shot before
>the older white guy who wears dadforceones that is in the store for 3 hours asking to see every single gun and gives you history about it
>the guy who still wears DC hats and shoes, a monster shirt, and fox riders shorts who wants to buy a deagle brand deals and swears after every 3rd word for no reason, is also dating an underage girl
>that one guy who wants a refund on a gun that is .38 super, .357 Sig,. 22wmr, .45 gap, or 9mm makarov, tried to shoot .38 all,. 357 mag, et cetera and said we ripped him off after telling him the caliber of his gun 209 times before bought it
>>
File: courage.jpg (30KB, 314x298px) Image search: [Google]
courage.jpg
30KB, 314x298px
>looking for cheap shotgun for fathers birthday
>tell local gunshop that my budget is $250-350 for a simple pump
>"oh man you aint gonna find any pump for a price like that hahaha"
>tries to sell me a shitty tactical tri star pump for $400
>drive 20 miles, buy 870 express for $260 new at farm store

my experience is always horrible
>>
File: IMG_20170603_012435_995.jpg (51KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_012435_995.jpg
51KB, 768x768px
I have two gun stores in my town. One is a 'trading post' and other is just a hun store.
Trading Post
Pros
>huge selection
>huge store
>sells way more than just guns
>has sales sometimes
Cons
>over priced
>sales end with whatever the had in stock. Which is understandable, until they tell you they ordered more and will honor the sale price. Then 4 months later the guns still haven't come in yet.

Guns only store
Pros
>owner levels with you
>better prices
>whips out book with prices from manufacturer on it
Cons
>only guns
>not open as many hours

I drove a bit farther and founf a gun store I'd never been to and only ever joked about going to because they sold used cars in the ogher half of thr building
>Get away cars
Is what I joke that they are.
Pros
>good prices
Cons
>small selection
A few ARs, a multicam painged muzzleloader, and a ton of deer rifles.
But they have $200 or less for pump shotguns and I bought pic related for $150.
Sporterized, but a solid piece for the price.
>>
>>34153392
the sad part is that visiting your store is probably a highlight of his week
>>
>>34147860
>social interaction
>building relationships
Gross.
>>
>>34153478
>>the guy who still wears DC hats and shoes, a monster shirt, and fox riders shorts who wants to buy a deagle brand deals and swears after every 3rd word for no reason, is also dating an underage girl

I love how universal some things are. This guy exists in every region of the country.
>>
>>34153392
speaking of nuggets and snipers and archangels. I had a guy come in and buy a run of the mill 91/30 nugget for 300. bucks He said he was going to put it in an archangel stock and shoot 80 dollar spam cans all day. He also bought a 400 dollar vortex PST and said he'd look into how to get it mounted later.

I didn't know what to say to him. I didn't sell him the gun, I only looked over his paperwork to make sure it was correct and rang him out since the dude that did sell to him already fucked off. On one hand I felt bad that this dude was blowing this much money on a nugget and didn't know about the ammo situation, on the other I felt like his dumb ass deserved it.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1214x672px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1214x672px
>>34153478
gun store employee here. i feel that its kind of because of this that a lot of hate and discontent gets flung from both ends because of people like this. i've worked with plenty of people like that behind the counter too, so it's like a never-ending cycle of gun shop employees and customers talking constant shit about each other.

i think the fact that there are plenty of state and federal laws that even gun store employees have to abide by, or deny a sale because they want to err on the safe side of something they are not even so sure about. it's easy for a monster-chugging dudebro not to understand, and get really pissed off at the fact that he has to have a federal/state document with a current address on it, with the gun store fudd having to deal with stuff like that day in and day out. the laws are stupid, and i dont entirely blame the gun store guy for not taking that shit anymore, but thats no reason for the latter party to get all pissy about it.
>>
>>34147591
It helps him LARP as Wyatt Earp/a 2 year Wehrmacht veteran on the eastern front.
>>
>>34152430
i might have forgotten to mention this was europe
>>
>>34147015
This so much. Paradoxically the utimate death sentence for a hobby shop is a guy who feels too passionate and attached to his wares. On some level the owner will begin to feel like the pieces in the store are part of his personal collection instead of product to be moved.

So you end up with surly service, retarded prices, autistic debates, and the guy trying to convince you to buy something you dont want when you are perfectly willing to buy something else.

On atleast a subconscious level you just tossed open his gunsafe and began rummaging around making offers on his babies. Thats how a lot of shitty stores happen.

Paintball, scuba, antiques, guns, bikes, motorcycles, classic cars etc etc. Biggest bit of advice I ever heard from a career gunshop owner who is a family friend: keep yer hobby seperate from your job. Guns at work are product. Guns at home are for fun. If you cant seperate the two you will never make any real money.

If you cant one of two things will happen: you will learn to hate and resent your hobby, or you will destroy your buisiness.
>>
Not gun shop worker, but I assist in estate liquidation. Interesting story along these lines.
>daddy warbuck millionaire dies
>family gets fuck loads of money, but also want to liquidate his gun collection
>he has literally hundreds of guns, most still with pricetags attached
>but..... theres an issue, and i've seen it before
>old guy got near the end, wanted to leave a "legacy" and impulse bought piles and piles of cheap crap at inflated primo prices
>tell the family that while impressive we are not going to get anything near what he spent on them
>tell them theres two to do this: fast and dirty, sell low and fast, or pulling teeth by trying to recoup as much value as possible
>they choose "pulling teeth"
>spend 6 months trying to sell about 470 craptastic sears shotguns, bubba's generic brand AR's and cowboy action replicas at as close to what he paid for em as possible
>deal with literally every single flavor of gun autist and faggot under the sun multiple times on a daily basis

I'm a lifelong gun enthusiast but near the end just looking at the fuckin things made me want to spit and swear. It took 3 months before I would even shoot my own guns. Was just tedious and frustrating and fucking stupid all day every day for months. I can see how being a dedicated seller 24/7/365 would eat at your soul.
>>
>>34154889
Did you guys even make a sale off it. Can you give an example of the pricing?
>>
>>34146845
Stop going to fudd run gun shops. Fudds are always grumpy as fuck and gods help you if you want something they don't like or just happen to be young or a newbie. The only times I've ever had any issues like yours are when I have to deal with Grandpa Elmer.
>>
File: 1460216559911s.jpg (6KB, 168x250px) Image search: [Google]
1460216559911s.jpg
6KB, 168x250px
>>34151509
>Gun Jesus
>hippie
>>
>>34147860

Hahaha this is what fat bubba actually believes. Gun stores are a RIP OFF if you want anything other than a brand new gun. Once you factor purchase price, tax, transfer fees, youre way better off buying used or like new from a private seller or gunbroker. Then they charge out the ass usually for ammo. Gun stores are hurting just like every other retailer but since its such a politicized and specialty item with high unit prices, they will survive. But dont kid yourself that they arent kept alive by Bubba and Earl from down the road who constantly buy and sell back shit at terrible prices. Theres always some old fuddy or boomer in a gunstore when i go shooting the shit about some innane nuance of his pistol."Will this hollow point help me fight off a pack of niggers with my 1911 or will a new fangled glawk be better". Armslist for life.
>>
>>34149246

You really think you could buy guns off the ARPANET or early internet before the mid 90s at the earliest?
>>
>>34155163
I made 10% comission. Which normally means I make an okay living on high value shit, but when you sell low value crap and it takes a lot of time to get the price your client wants it fuckin sucks.

Heres what happened
>old guy looks at high end AR 15's in the 1500 to 2500 range
>ooohhh! Lookie! I can get a ruger 5.56 for only $700!!! And its the same thing!!!
>buys 3 of em
>they were only really worth maybe $550 to 600
>repeat for 5 or 6 years
>dies
>family is really wealthy and worth a potentially large amount of money in comissions to my company
>he also had dozens of classic cars and shit
>im "the gun guy" so I get handed this shitheap of guns with 30% over priced stickers still on em
>family expects me to sell all 3 of these ruger 5.56 rifles for $700
>spend 3 weeks, finally get an offer at 450 per rifle from a gunshop
>family refuses, too low
>grit my teeth and try to explain that thats all its really worth and that grandpa warbucks overpaid grossly
>"huh uh, I saw an AR 15 online for $1500 last week!"
>explain for the thousandth time that guns are like cars, a mustang and a ferrari are both sports cars but one is worth $20,000 and one is woth $100,000, ditto this AR and the one they saw
>they authorize the sale
>get a whopping $135 on my comission for the sale
>meanwhile my coworker just flipped the antique mit condition ford tractor the old guy left for $4,500 and made $450 on the comission

It was a case of micromanagement really. If they just let me go quick and dirty I coulda ditched em all in a month or two for low prices for several thousand and been done with it, but they insisted each sale be approved by them and that I try to get retail price on each piece.

So I guess in the long run I made money but the comissions were so small and tediously earned it really really wasnt worth it.
>>
>>34155342
widows that know how much their husbands spent are the worst
>>
>>34155342

Boo hoo, you didnt make enough selling grandpas old shit for a pittance. Stop being the gun guy if you only get a 10% commission. Your boss is fucking you.
>>
File: 1486306074785.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1486306074785.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>tfw trying to use my orders to prove residency
>first guy at counter sees it, says it's ok
>suddenly obvs ex-military dude rushes up and demands to inspect it
>sees that my command swapped over to the other side of the country even though orders say I'm staying here
>says they can't use it because I'm supposed to be in CA
>point out where it says I'm staying in VA three different times for like 10 minutes until some other dude comes up and agrees with the first.
>guy just keeps sperging about how it was just 'weird' and he had to be sure bro.

FML, my buddy was in the exact situation as me and he was able to buy his remington on Friday without a hassle. Just let me say what I want, pay for it, and go. Reeeeeeee
>>
>>34155380
Yeah. Especially when she was a rich trophy wife and hasnt ever actually sold anything before. I always try to explain it like this. Liquidation of assets is to get rid of them and recoup some value. We ARE NOT RETAILERS. People dont go to estate agencies or auctions looking to pay retail price, I CAN invest a lot of extra time hunting buyers to try and get higher prices but its usually only worth it if its a high value item and im going to make a big enough comission to justify the effort.

The other assets she was selling were high dollar so my company let her use me as her personal retail price hunter to earn brownie points so they could secure the rights to liquidate her other high value assets. If my company was really being fair they woulda just paid me hourly, or atleast tossed me a bone and let me handle one or two high value sales. Nope. Fuck me I guess.

Spent weeks and months dealing with every kind of gun idiot known to man with this old meiser's penny pinching widow riding me to the bank.

She SHOULD have just authorized an auction and accepted that she was only gonna get 30% of their value back. She inherited like 18 million dollars and about 12 million in property and assets. Wasnt exactly like she needed the money. Lots of millionaires are like that though.
>>
>>34155430
>women
>>
>>34155430

No one will ever feel sorry for you not making more profit off them. Get off your high horse. Do a standard effort to market them and leave it at that, stop losing sleep over it. Maybe invest in a gunbroker account or put em up on armslist. Tell your boss to fuck off with low value items if youre not making enough per month.
>>
>>34155443
Widows tend to be the worst. Rich kids got no idea what money is actually worth so usually dont give a shit and even once in a blue moon grossly over-pay you just to show off how much money they got.

Millionaire widows? They will inherit several million then shit their pants over something they got for free selling for $100 less than they wanted.
>>
>>34155444
No high horse, just detailing a particularly frustrating client I had. Hell, lots of people I deal with are pretty good folks and I make a decent living at what I do.

That story is from several years back when I was just starting and really really needed money and got stuck with a bad client.
>>
>>34155456
poor widows usually are glad that they can get rid of the guns and are happy that you can make em some cash

but holy shit mid class to rich widows...
>>
>>34155476
Yeah, greed is ugly. When you are dealing with a poor widow shes just thinking about power bills and groceries an shit. Cant blame em for needing the money.

When somebody who just inherited 12 million is screeching and spitting because they "lost" a pittance on some trivial sale its pretty ugly to watch. Its really some kinda sickness at that point.

Dont get me wrong, lots and lots of the wealthy clients Ive had are very polite and decent folks. But a few.... well, greed is one of the 7 sins for a reason. Its like watching gollum chasing the ring or a junkie trying to get a fix sometimes.
>>
>>34146845
I live in oh and all the ones I've been too the employees are really nice and like to talk about their opinion too much
>>
>>34146845
Because most customers are stupid fucks who can read and don't listen.
>store buys 500 boxes of .45 GAP cause corporate is moronic
>ammo sits for a few years, selling very slowly
>two guys come in a regular basis but only buy a box each time
>ammo is discounted to cost and put on clearance
>some dude comes in and sees the price
>he assumes it's .45 ACP
>grabs like 20 boxes
>walks over to the counter to checkout
>I ask him if he knows this is .45 GAP and it's not the same as ACP
>my gun can shoot this and it's a really good price
>ask what kind of gun he has
>he gets this look of smug superiority and says "a factory original Colt 1911"
>tell him his gun is a .45 ACP not GAP
>"I know what my gun shoots !"
>ok, all ammo and firearm sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
>"I won't be back here with all the back talk you're givin me"
>have a good day sir.
He was back about 2-3 hours later demanding a refund, telling my manager I said it would work in his gun and how I tricked him into buying the wrong ammo.
Manager says there's nothing he can do because all ammo sales are final and points to the giant 4x4 sign over the register that says that.
The guy eventually leaves with all 20 boxes of .45 GAP vowing to never shop there again.
This has happened with .357 sig/.357 mag, .22lr/.22mag, .38 super/.38 spl, .45acp/.45 colt, .270win/.270 wsm, 9NATO/ 9mak, and several others.
For the love of God read the whole box before you buy.
>>
>>34155429
I hardly see people use orders to buy guns at my place. I do know that the few that did come through had issues in which the order had a PO box instead of an actual address, which the store refused to use.
>>
Only stupid shit ive seen at gun stores was one time when an employee literally didnt let me hold a bulk box of ammo till i had bought it, and almost jewed me.
>Go to big box store
>Ask employee for a box of #4 buckshot
>He grabs a bulk box of Super X
>Could I make sure it's #4?
>"No, if this is all youre buying i have to ring you up here"
>Do the bullshit and almost pay when he puts the bag on the counter and I realize it was birdshot
>Point it out
>"Oops" all insincere-like
>He rang up buckshot too, would have been $.63/round while the ammo is worth a third of that
And now I order online.
>>
>>34149601
>democrats unironically believe defending yourself is a joke. People want Dems to run the country.

PHEW LAD
>>
>>34149601
>talking interest in a topic means that items related to said topic are toys
Also fuck explaining freedom to authoritarian idiots.
>>
>>34156117
>>He rang up buckshot too, would have been $.63/round while the ammo is worth a third of that
Did he have a box of buckshot just sitting there?
How did he ring up buckshot when he had birdshot in his hand?
Where are you buying ammo that doesn't have birdshot sitting out in the open?
>>
>>34156163
Meijer. Pretty sure the guy was just incompetent.
>>
>>34155997
What a retard, bu it's good he lost a whole bunch of money on ammo he has no fucking use for.
>>
>>34152215
>>turn 360 and out the door
But wouldn't you become a revolving door?
>>
>>34153782
Oh god, fucking this. I'm in southern failifornia and these things are quite prevalent in my area

>also drives a lifted truck, But doesn't actually get the axel lifted to aid in off roading
>refers to his dirt bike as a "250 braaat"
>has at least 2 fox stickers on his belongings
>trashy tattoos with at least one star or spider web involved
>>
>>34158094
Was stationed in cali saw it all the time
>giant obnoxious truck with ludicrous lift kit
>works in LA
>as an accountant
>pretends to be hardcore 4x4 fanatic, may refer to himself as a "gearhead"
>hasnt driven anywhere but the pavement
>assorted racing stickers plaster nearly everything he owns
>mandatory tribal armband or barbed wire armband
>oakleys
>cargo shorts
>fox racing shirt
>G-shock watch cuz hes "like really hardcore into wilderness stuff and needs a watch that can keep up"
>again, despite living his entire life in the confines of LA and surrounding urban sprawl
>despite all the male posturing and ludicrous hyper-masculine posing he still votes democrat
>>
>>34146920
>tfw California

>sales tax is required for interstate gun purchases
>25 USD DROS fee required in addition to whatever transfer fee dealer wants to charge
>No handguns unless specifically designed for California or the handgun is C&R (and the design standards have become so ridiculous that no design after 2013 has been improved. So we're stuck with already approved designs indefinitely and can't pick up any gun that falls off the roster or designed after that date)
>Pretty much only save money on online transfers on manually operated long guns

JUST
>>
>>34152666
Fuck off Satan and stop ruining gun shops you piece of shit.
>>
>>34146845
Oh no. That sucks. The lgs out here in Northern Co are /comfy/ af desu
>>
>>34147860
>Truly spoken like a millennial.
Let me guess you are not older than 35 are you.
>>
>>34146845
>Nevada

Explains the Hispanics
>>
File: 1475969568159.jpg (86KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1475969568159.jpg
86KB, 500x620px
>mfw I live in Kentucky, capital of fudds, and all the shops near me are fine

Maybe I just got lucky.
>>
File: Bamamaga.jpg (245KB, 900x891px) Image search: [Google]
Bamamaga.jpg
245KB, 900x891px
>>34158451
No way I could live in Cali bro.

>tfw Alabama
>>
>>34155997
Technically, his 1911 should shoot the GAP without much trouble. The dimensions are identical except for the shorter case and shorter OAL. Since the 1911 extractor engages during feeding, he should be able to shoot it.
>>
>>34158574
It won't cycle properly, like shooting .380 auto or 9x18 mak in a 9x19
I also hate the way people say "Colt 1911" like it's some God stopper that's supposed everyone quake and shudder with awe or excitement.
At one point Colt made some of the shittiest 1911s, the old days version of Flip 1911s.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.