[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spider tanks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: battle spiders.png (2MB, 800x1921px) Image search: [Google]
battle spiders.png
2MB, 800x1921px
hi there /k/

I had an idea.
can we weaponize spiders?
would giant attack spiders be effective in combat, see pic related.

The idea is we make giant spiders with special oxygen tanks to let them live compared to their size, and it gives them a finite combat life span.
>>
>>34145828
How would these spiders be able to think in a way that made them only want to attack desginated targets instead of just going about natrual instinct to do what spiders do (depending species I guess would determine what they do, not a spider expert)
>>
Bump for the effort
>>
>selling mutants to the military
we have dozens of movies explaining why this is a bad idea
>>
File: Earth-Defense-Force-Wolf-Spider.jpg (103KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Earth-Defense-Force-Wolf-Spider.jpg
103KB, 500x313px
>>34145828
No, the EDF would wreck giant spiders.
>>
File: meh.ro11524.jpg (354KB, 1200x617px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro11524.jpg
354KB, 1200x617px
>>34145865

simple, retreat troops and use artillery to bombard anything just beyond our lines, air drop shipping container of spider troops onto enemy camp, spiders go all reeeeeeee.mp4 and start rampaging because their nest was rustled , spiders kill enemy and die once their oxygen runs out
>>
>>34145936
Fucking loved EDF 2017, I beat every mission on every difficulty and got every single weapon except for one of the grenade variants, it was a super rare spawn on one of the hardest levels.
>>
>>34147037
2017 was actually good, the newer ones were awful
>>
Spider tanks, spider tanks
Do whatever spider tanks do
Can't we armour the legs?
Hydraulic fluid it will spew
Look out!
Here comes the spider tank

Is it strong?
Listen friend
Pretend it is or our funding will end
Can it swing from a thread?
It's about as useful as the undead
Hey there!
There falls the spider tank

In the heat of the fight
In the dead of the night
Like a streak of light
Lost a leg to an IED!

Spider tank, spider tank
Friendly neighborhood spider tank
Wealth and fame
I'll be adored
Army contract is my reward

Look ouuut,
Here comes the spider taaaank
>>
How do spiders being really big somehow make them impervious to small arms?
>>
The issue with scaling up Arthropods is that their respiratory systems become much less efficient. I'm only saying this using my limited knowledge on speculative biology gathered from /an/, but the reason we don't have any massive land dwelling invertebrates is because the atmosphere is much less oxygen dense. Your spiders would've constantly be struggling to breath in a contained environment, let alone a smokey, air polluted battlefield.
>>
>>34147224
Sorry for janky punctuation, I'm a dirty phone poster
>>
>>34147154
Heroic someone cap this please.
>>
>>34147224
Did you even read the OP image? Spiders are equipped with oxygen supplies to keep them going
>>
OP forgot one thing: Spiders don't have nostrils, they breathe through their entire bodies.

Unless you somehow completely surround them with oxygen on the battlefield, they'd die.
>>
Lets say you managed to fix the breathing problem, you'd still have to deal with the fact that small arms would put them down just as easily as any grunt, but are a much larger target.
>>
>>34145828
It's not just about oxygen, square cube law makes exoskeletons pretty poor for larger sizes. The larger they get, the brittler they get.
>>
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: image.png (794KB, 1276x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
794KB, 1276x882px
>>34145828
Trying to scale up biological creatures and go to great lengths to deal with the problems of scaling up such creatures doesn't make for a practical, cheap, or reliable weapon.

You'd be better off making quadrupedal or bipedal robotic drones with machine-guns, grenades, and missiles.

If you really want giant fucking spiders, make an actual spider TANK like pic related, with wheels in it's feet to move faster than just walking.
>>
Antman are you going in a new direction?
>>
File: 1495596607713.jpg (35KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1495596607713.jpg
35KB, 500x265px
Giant weaponized spiders are a very bad idea.

A very, VERY, bad idea.

It's common sense dude, seriously what the fuck it can't possibly end well in any way.
>>
File: spidertankoc.png (17KB, 400x530px) Image search: [Google]
spidertankoc.png
17KB, 400x530px
>>34147250
You should learn what print screen + ms paint does... or if you're on fire fox it's even easier.
>>
As >>34151525 said, you've basically just invented the Tachikoma.
>>
>>34145828
Antman? Is that you?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.