[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, needs some help on deciding what subcompact to get.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 253x199px
Hey guys, needs some help on deciding what subcompact to get.

I'm looking at either getting a S&W bodyguard. 380 again or trying something different and going with the shield in 9mm.

I'm open to other considerations. Trying to stay sub $400

I loved my last bodyguard 380 as it had a super small profile and wqs lightweight. It was perfect for super casual clothing. But accuracy sucked. It was only viable at about 21 ft and you were basically point and shooting.
>>
Palmetto State Armory has had the Shield for $215 for ages now, after the rebate. The Bodyguard is for $200 after the rebate.

Determine if you want a 380 and fifteen dollars or a 9mm and not 15 dollars.
>>
I'm not too concerned with that aspect. I'm more concerned with how the shield will print in the pocket of gym shorts versus the bodyguard. Same with the weight difference. How drastic will it pull with a loaded mag. I was kinda hoping someone here would have some insight on this.
>>
>>34145076
if you have a good pocket holster, it will just look like a wallet or a phone. If someone asks just say it's a phone or a wallet.

Trust me, nobody cares that much to notice if you're printing, and if they get suspicious, they won't say anything, because people don't like to look stupid. if they're wrong.
>>
>>34145151
Have a shield. When fully loaded it pulls down gym shorts, especially if you're at the gym. If you want comparability in gym shorts get the bodyguard
>>
>>34145076
>viable at about 21 ft

that's plenty for self defense ? else just run
>>
>>34145103
If that's the choice, just go with the shield. Trigger is mushy, but you can change that.
>>
>>34146208
This, for what it is the BG380 is fantastic. I wasn't a big fan of the Shield
>>
>>34146762
That's why consistently look back at it. For what it was, it did its job perfectly.
>>
>>34145076
If you want a light .380 get the Ruger LCP II. It's got the lightest trigger and the sights are milled in.
>>
>>34146208
>que video of man shooting a metal gong at 250 feet with your pocket pistol

The next step up in that market and cost is a ruger lcp2. There are plenty of guns a few ounces bigger with longer barrels than a bodyguard. I personally didn't like that pistol. Diamondback db's are also tiny but anything in that size range is difficult to shoot.
>>
The G42 is a bit bigger, but it's one of the best lightweight carry guns out there and by far the best .380 pistol.

The aspect that makes the lcp/bodyguard great for carry also hinder their shoot ability. If you think you can manage carrying an extra ounce or three and some mms in height and length, G42 no hesitation
>>
>>34146943
I like having a safety and a long trigger on a carry gun, especially one that might spend more time in a pocket than in a holser. I've never shot a LCP though, would like to try one and would also like to try a CPX-2
>>
Skip the cpx, if you're going that cheap look at keltec first. Bersa thunders are some of the best shooting 380s and the cc version works in some of my pockets well. They have a slide safety decocker but the da trigger is good enough to not bother with it. The eaa pavona could also be right for you. Those are easy to shoot but light and have a da trigger. Very sparkly but go for around 300.
>>
>>34145076
I bought an LCP from PSA for $200, it's become one of my favorite carry pieces
>>
>>34148271
Thanks brother, any exerience with the Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.