[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2823.jpg (169KB, 750x1194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.jpg
169KB, 750x1194px
I'm thinking about finally getting my own rifle. >pic related
I'm picking the Mosin because meme, but also because I hear bolt actions are relatively easy to clean, I live in California, and I want it for hunting.

My Questions are:
>Is ammo easy to get in the Bay Area?
>Is it actually easy to clean?
>Good first rifle?
>Is $319 a good price?
>Suggestions instead?
>>
>>34143625
>$319 for a mosin
>a good price
>commifornia
Dear god
>>
File: IMG_2800.jpg (14KB, 696x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2800.jpg
14KB, 696x211px
If your getting a first rifle it should be .22
>>
>>34143639
I want a hunting rifle, not a plinker. I've handled guns before, and I think it's time I got one for myself.
>>
>>34143638
I know it's terrible. Literally cannot share my political opinions for the fear of social alienation.
>Like 80% of the people I know think Ar-15 means Assault Rifle that holds 15 rounds

The land here is beautiful tho. Pretty much go 40mins in any direction and you'll find yourself in a forest that looks like nobody's ever been there.

So is $319 a good price or nah?
>>
>>34143718
Check calguns and armslist. Usually a lot of people up there selling them for at or around 200 dollarydoos. Hell, I just bought a 91/30 and an m44 for 225 each this week in socal. Just gotta wait for the right deal.
>>
>>34143697
Remington 700 with a vx2 in whatever caliber is best for your area. But first get a .22
>>
>>34143718
Better get it now. I could see a coming gun ban on "armor piercing calibers" there, with the direction the state government is headed. If that comes to pass the only rifle you'll be allowed to shoot is a .22
>>
>>34143855
How about the spike bayonet? I mostly want it for the novelty. Where could I find one that isn't an antique that'll break on my first use?
>>
>>34143882
>inb4 I have to go Rambo innawoods on the atf

At least I'll have the bayonet
>>
>>34143625
>paying 300 dollars for a mosin Nahant

I might as well sell mine at this point, it's tripled in value.
>>
Don't be stupid. Moist nuggets aren't a good deal any more. AR15s are.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/ruger-8500-ca-legal-ar556-ar-15-rifle-5-56nato-16-barrel-with-installed-grip-wrap-hera-barrel-cap-1-10rd-mag-featureless
>>
>>34143697
Savage axis or Ruger American.
>>
>>34147020
Just about to say the same. Milsurp is cool but not the most practical for something like hunting.
>>
>>34143625
If you want it for hunting just get an entry level .308. 7.62x54 has very little in the way of good hunting ammo out there and many nuggets are only minute of man accurate at distance.
>>
>>34143868
Why are people still recommending new rems? They suck. Don't listen to him OP
>>
>>34148904
I'm not, there's still a million used 700s out there.
>>
>>34143718
>find yourself in a forest that looks like nobody's ever been there.
any number of non-communist states offer that

and for future reference, you're not in an old-growth forest. that shit was logged clean decades ago for railroad ties.
>>
>>34143625
>could get an SKS for $400
>the power of memes
>>
>>34147004
this OP. 5.56 is also half as expensive as 54r now that surplus has dried up. Only worry is that since you're in CA, even the cucked ARs could become banned some day.
>>
Forget the mosin and get a Savage Axis .308. Axis 2 if you want that adjustable trigger
>>
>>34144121
Ebay for like 10 dollars
>>
>>34144121
>>34150752
Let me rephrase that, you can get original ones for like 10 dollars, so you can go buck wild because it is jist a cheap sharp piece of metal that's easily replaceable. I have like 10 if you want one and want to pay shipping.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.