[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firearms Contracting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: rifle.png (23KB, 781x230px) Image search: [Google]
rifle.png
23KB, 781x230px
Hey /k/, I am interested in designing firearms and acquiring government/military contracts. Has anyone here looked into doing this? As a Canadian, could I acquire contracts with other NATO countries? What is required? If you dont know anything about the related topic but are interested in finding out more, lets look for info together in this thread.
>>
Ive been looking at http://open.canada.ca/en/search/contracts? but nothing really specifies military firearm trials. Where would one get in contact with a military that is looking for a new rifle? AR15 platform IMO is trash, and Im sure there is some country out there looking to replace it
>>
>>34142537
Is this bait?
>>
>>34142623
Why would it be bait? I want to design firearms for contract and have no idea where to start
>>
>>34143037
>I want to design firearms for contract and have no idea where to start
An engineering degree and a firearm manufacturing company might be a good place to start
>>
>>34143073
Engineering degree is already acquired, and Id rather start a company rather than depend of someone elses productive force
>>
>>34143093
Then start a company, what's the fucking problem
Even google can help you with that
>>
>>34143103
Acquiring a contract to fund a company is the problem
>>
>>34143125
>Acquiring a contract to fund a company
First you get the company, then you get the contract, not the other way around
You got a long road ahead of you champ
>>
>>34142537
>hey guys I want to launch satellites into space
>but I don't know how to rocket science
>I also don't know how to satellite
>I also don't know how to basic rocket
>I also don't know anything about large scale infrastructure
>I also don't know anything about running a business
>I also don't know anything about being employed
>I also don't know how to run
>I also don't know how to walk

That's you, you're impressing me by how much farther you take the "learn to walk before learning to run" thing. You're like fucking multidimensional polylayering this shit.
>>
>>34143093
Work for an aerospace company.
Get as familiar with the manufacturing equipment as you can.
Get a cnc capable of making accessories and parts.

Build from there. Simular to what nea and mdt did.
>>
>>34143349
>in b4 OP is all like "but ur wrong I know how to do X and Y and even Z!"

OP if you have to ask an Andorran cloud-identifying forum, you're so fucking retarded it'll be impossible to even quantify how retarded you are. If you have to ask, you don't know/have/understand/comprehend the scope of just how retarded you are.

>engineering degree
FUCKING FUCK CHRIST NIGGER. The only thing worse than a retard is a retard engineer. God I am so fucking happy you will get nowhere and struggle the whole way, I might just masturbate to that later.
>>
Why does every 12 year old want to design race cars and firearms. Go be a machinist and design shot in your own time, you'll just end up in a box if you try to make it a career.
OR
Join the army and do dairy farming and forestry when you get out until you can afford some acres and a portacom like I did.
>>
File: 1487222361361.jpg (101KB, 804x648px) Image search: [Google]
1487222361361.jpg
101KB, 804x648px
>hey I want to start a company and get some contracts
>better ask the random chucklefucks on /k/ instead of some professionals who'll actually know what the fuck to do
>>
>>34143093
Go be a machinist and get a lathe and whatnot in your garage, and maybe just maybe by the time your 50 your guns won't be shit and might be good enough to sell the design to a company. Don't try compete with big businesses you'll only get bumfucked.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.