[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question/K/ What do you think about the desert eagle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: svimg-de50sr.png (358KB, 1000x516px) Image search: [Google]
svimg-de50sr.png
358KB, 1000x516px
Serious question/K/
What do you think about the desert eagle? It's my dads birthday coming up and he has always wanted one, i live in california so i can only buy it in .44 but i can legally convert it to 50ae.
Whats your oppinion on them?
Any other recommendations? He already has a S&W 686, manurhin mr 73, and a Redhawk. He wants a good semi magnum, any better alternatives?

Inb4 get out of commiefornia
I know, but i have a wife with family here so she doesn't want to leave and i have a great job.
>>
>>34140021
According to YouTube it's a reliable action and you can find them

Other options include discontinued unicorns like that gun from death wish 3
>>
>>34140021
someone's trying to revive the automag but you'll probably still pay $3.50 per shot
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x324px
>>34140057
That would be the Wildey Hunter model. Death Wish 3 literally kept the Wildey company in business for the last few years of its life. Wildey himself said the company got a spike in orders every time that movie was on cable.
>>
>>34142049
whats the next best thing to an automag handgun like this? 10mm?
>>
File: image.jpg (222KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 650x488px
>>34142788
That would be the FK Brno. Hope you're not poor.
>>
>>34142845
is it really that fucking big or did they just use a midget to model it
>>
>>34140021
I've actually fired the .44 (courtesy of my cousing) with Fiochi ammunition
It's AMAZING how little that thing recoils. I'd say it's less than the .357 magnum I own.
If you can, do it. You get a gun that's not only untouched in a state with restricted mags, but also makes an ideal camping gun for bear defense and handgun hunting.
>>
>>34142868
It's HUGE
Think deagle big
>>
>>34142868
Yup 9.5' oal and weighs 46 oz.
>>
do you think in the future if recoil compensation systems were significant would higher caliber automatic handguns be practical enough for general use
>>
File: deagle handlin and shooting.png (314KB, 998x1130px) Image search: [Google]
deagle handlin and shooting.png
314KB, 998x1130px
>>34140021
The Desert Eagle can be really fun, recoil is like nothing, and it's fiendishly precise.
.44 Magnum is a good starting point, and honestly it wouldn't be bad for him to go from there, it's very powerful and shooting it will inherently be way cheaper than .50AE

If your dad isn't already handloading, I suggest he does to get the best mileage out of the Deagle, it likes hot and heavy ammo, generally jacketed stuff, cheap off the shelf target loads are often not loaded hot enough, and some aren't particularly clean burning (not 100% necessary but you'll generally want to clean a gun like this every trip). Many cheap brands have unjacketed lead bullets, which is unfit for gas operated pistols.
By handloading you can select fitting clean burning powder, load it hot, and use a good, heavy FMJ bullet, while shooting at a low cost.

You'll want to supply him this chart too, for best reliability.
>>
>>34141114
The Automag really wasn't very good.

>>34142049
It's a shame too because it's probably the most sound Magnum Automatic design next to the Desert Eagle.

>>34142788
It'd probably be the Desert Eagle.

>>34142845
Every time I see it posted on /k/ the MSRP goes up another $1000, they're pricing themselves out of basically any market with that thing.

What is it now, $6000? It's like the Bren Ten's bigger failure of a son.
>>
>>34142908
>bear gun
Honestly, while I think the Desert Eagle is radical enough, and has it's merits, I would actually not want to carry it for bear defense, it's just finicky enough that I don't trust it.
>>
>>34140021
It's got all the requisite cool points for being big, but honestly, I find its profile a little unbecoming. It's just an ugly gun. I won't fault people who like it though, since it is big and tough-looking. I just prefer things that are kawaii and fat rather than tough and big.
>>
>>34140021
Get him the long barrel .44magnum version, it's the best the deagle has to offer IMO.
>>
>>34142981
as long as it's under 51 oz it's not an "assault pistol"
>>
>>34142918

t. Manlet
>>
>>34140021
.44 automag
>>
I wonder if people CC Desert Eagles. If your big enough that you can comfortably conceal it, I bet the .357 barreled Deagle wouldn't be a half bad carry weapon. Or .50 AE if you're a maniac I guess.
>>
>>34143968
I'm guessing Mexico and Alaska are where the DE sees edc status, if anywhere.
>>
>>34143937
>legit suggesting a gun that not only batters itself to death in a few thousand rounds, but for which your only option to shoot it is to handload special ordered .44AMP brass, or convert .308 brass and hope the gun feeds it
>>
>>34143968
Supposedly the guy who owns arfcom carries a .50AE Deagle, which sounds about right.
>>
>>34144104
>the guy who owns arfcom

I can only imagine how cringy that guy must be in real life.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.