[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the optimal way of using a cutlass to fight a guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

What is the optimal way of using a cutlass to fight a guy who has a knife?
>>
>>34139454
You gain a significant reach advantage with one over a knife retard.
>>
>>34139454
>What is the optimal way of using a cutlass to fight a guy who has a knife?
Pointy end goes into the other man.
>>
File: 9780954230715-us-300.jpg (26KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
9780954230715-us-300.jpg
26KB, 300x432px
>>34139454
Practical answer? >>34139468. You have reach, leverage, and greater surface area.

Grognardy, HEMAfag answer? British Navy form 4, in foward. There are plenty of books on the subject.
>>
>>34139633
>>34139468
How do I fight a guy who has a bat then?
>>
>>34139649
>How do I fight a guy who has a bat then?
Stick 'em with the pointy end.
>>
>>34139454
you have nearly every advantage in this situation
more importantly, how do you fight someone who has a cutlass when you have a knife?
>>
File: Fiori sword_vs_dagger_2.png (622KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
Fiori sword_vs_dagger_2.png
622KB, 640x539px
>>34139771
15th/16thC dagger plays. Parry the longer blade off line, arrest the controlling limb, and close in stabbing. This kinda shit is Fiori's bag.
>>
>click thread expecting trollposts
>some clown is giving actual sourced answers
Neat!
>>
>>34139642

also greater moment of inertia, or original version of newtons second law via momentum, hence why it's a slower weapon... you can win or lose with any weapon, it's up to the individual proficiency with the weapon and 'strategy'
>>
>>34139992
>Sir, I feel I should warn you in advance that I'm going to stab you.

>Oh, alright. Get it over with already.
>>
>>34140115
I try.

>>34140358
You over analyze at this point. If two men, of exact physical, skill and mental conditions were to engage between a knife and a hanger sword, then all variables would be in favour of the man armed with a sword. Simple as that.

Going into detail about inertia and such is just faggy.

>>34140381
Truly, a more enlightened age.
>>
File: zwerchhau-meyer.jpg (134KB, 492x307px) Image search: [Google]
zwerchhau-meyer.jpg
134KB, 492x307px
>>34139454
deflect his blade and thrust in

you have the reach of the cutlass over his knife/dagger or grapple his arm and attack him with your cutlass hand.

Pic not related
>>
>>34139642
Just ordered a couple manuals off Amazon. Thanks Gropey.
>>
Dodge and slash.

Dodge and slash.
>>
Take his arm off with the cutlass, duh.
>>
>>34140115
>not knowing gropey the greatest and most knowledgeable tripfriend on 4chan

>>>/out/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.