[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chiappa rhino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6028.jpg (49KB, 611x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6028.jpg
49KB, 611x392px
Is this a good first time revolver buy? It's chambered in .357 magnum and shoots from the bottom so less recoil, and has 6 barrels so it can use moon clips. This is the type I was looking at I was also wondering if you could tell me if the price is good?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4789618/southeastern-pennsylvania-handguns-for-sale--like-new-chiappa-rhino-20ds-with-original-packaging-and-accessories-
>>
>>34136093
Oh hell.

I love recovers. That said, the Rhino is pure marketing trash. There's zero advantage to any feature it claims, and the barrel is too short to make use of the power of .357.
>>
>>34136106
What would be a good revolver to buy for a first time in that case?
>>
If you're The Yankee Marshall, or a clone of him, sure.

If you are a revolver fan, sure.

If you are looking for a meme gun, sure.
>>
File: justkillmenow.jpg (115KB, 648x435px) Image search: [Google]
justkillmenow.jpg
115KB, 648x435px
>>34136093

aluminum frame, retarded complicated mechanism, limited after-market support.

Just no.

Buy a GP100 4" instead.
>>
>>34136119
What's your favorite handgun?
>>
>>34136133
Ruger GP100 is what you seek. Your grandkids will still be shooting full power magnums out of it.
>>
>>34136133
Thank you for the suggestion my friend
>>
>>34136136
Me? It rotates between my 686+, PPK/S, and CZ 75BD.

Roast away.
>>
My buddy has the 4 inch Rhino. It shoots pretty well, the trigger is alright, the hammer functions really weird.

The only thing I think it had going for it was the really low recoil because of how low the barrel is, and how high your hand is.

Decent meme pistol, but doesn't really have any huge advantages over other revolvers. Still pretty cool range toy.
>>
File: acfishbowlnewcastle.jpg (79KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
acfishbowlnewcastle.jpg
79KB, 1000x750px
>>34136093
>has 6 barrels
wut?
>>
Gp100 or an sp101 if you wanna carry it.
>>
>>34136148
Another vote for the GP100. If you can spare the extra shekels, get the match champion. The grips & action are pure sex.
>>
>>34136106
Chiappa does make 4", 5", 6"
Recoil is inline instead of over your hand
Still same amount of recoil
>>34136147
>>34136247
This
>>
The design is decent, but the company manufacturing it leaves something to be desired. Chiappa is a small outfit, and neither their build quality nor their customer service is anywhere as good as S&W or Ruger. Additionally, the Rhino has nowhere near the aftermarket support of any mainstream model by S&W or Ruger.

>okay what should I get instead then

You have a couple of options.

Lightweight alternative chambered in .38 +P: S&W 637/638/642 or Ruger LCR

Snub .357 magnum: S&W Model 66 or Ruger SP101

Service sized revolver: S&W 686 or Ruger GP100

All of the above guns are much better than a Rhino and will actually cost you less than a Rhino.
>>
>>34136118
If you're looking for a snubnosed revolver, get a Ruger LCR. That comes in .357 Magnum, if you're REALLY into that.

A good FIRST revolver is the Ruger GP100.
>>
It was the first rollygat I ever bought, I fucking love it.
>>
>>34136093
I've got a 4 inch I use for edc. Awesome gun. No recoil whatsoever with .38 special +p, and low muzzle climb with .357. The people here who say it's garbage are full of shit if they talk about design. It is revolutionary to me in a revolver world where no one bothers to be innovative. I'm sending it in now as I sometimes have a cylinder lockup after going into single action and being unable to fire. Great gun. Just pretty expensive. I got mine for $900 and the price goes up every year.
>>
>>34138102
>No recoil whatsoever
Recoil is the same.
The recoil is straight into the arm if holding it properly.
No muzzle flip whatsoever is what I think you meant.
>>
File: what.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>34138102
>awesome
>people who say its garbage are full of shit
>revolutionary

>sending it in now, as I sometimes have a cylinder lock up after going into single action and being unable to fire
>>
>>34138128
I don't feel a damn thing with .38. No muzzle rise, and my hand doesn't feel anything either.
>>
>>34138143
Hickups happen, but the design is innovative. Early models had terrible quality control. Mine has a issue that happens once every 200 dry fires. it's also no more convulated internally than a normal revolver either, a common complaint. Love the gun and the design isn't a copy of everyone else's favorite fudd gun that's been repeatedly released for 200 years.
>>
Gonna echo the /k/mind and say to get a GP100.

Match Champion is a great variant, but if you're new to guns in general, I can't possible think of a better first time/learning gun than a good 6" GP100.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.