[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there such thing as an automatic sniper rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1091.png (3MB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.png
3MB, 1125x2001px
From my video game exp id assume you could rig an m21 or even a barret 107 to fire automatic but id assume you would need a solid mount to deal with recoil. I know this is a stupid question.
>>
File: m2vietnam.jpg (78KB, 640x507px) Image search: [Google]
m2vietnam.jpg
78KB, 640x507px
>>34133931
Do you mean like Carlos Hathcock did?
>>
first, answer this question:
What exactly is a sniper rifle?
>>
>>34133994
he wus mareen tho. we don't liek muhreens here on kay
>>
>>34133994
This is what I though of too
>>34134367
Rifle that's used by a sniper
>>34134392
Hey, I'm a muhreen
Thank me for my cervix
>>
crew-served water-cooled machine gun. the small beaten zone, spotter, and fine adjustment wheels give you precise long range automatic fire.
>>
>>34133931
Yes. Watch the movie The Jackal.
>>
>>34134400
So if a "sniper" decides to pick up an M4, does that make it a "sniper rifle"?
>>
>>34134468
Sniper do actually carry M4s, typically with a suppressor also.
And if it was used to snipe someone, then yes, it would be a Sniper's Rifle
>>
>>34133994
Sex
>>
>>34134410
just watch that one scene with jack black on youtube and laugh
>>
>>34134410
That was a browning 50 cal
>>
>>34133931
SUMMER GET OUT REEEEE
>>
>>34134400
MUHREEN DO HUUUU HAB PROPER OFFERAZATSHUN FOR COMPUTER OPERATIONAL??? *autistic blank stare*
>>
>>34134528
so I guess a sniper's rifle can already fire automatic since any automatic rifle used to "snipe" is a sniper rifle
>>
File: 20170315_131006.png (2MB, 1439x1755px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_131006.png
2MB, 1439x1755px
>>34133931
You could make one, i suppose, but it entirely defeats the purpose of a sniper rifle. It is meant to provide extremely accurate shots (if the user also has the skill to make such shots) at long ranges. Fully automatic fire cannot be this accurate, even at medium ranges.
>>
File: 1496188063688m.jpg (68KB, 915x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496188063688m.jpg
68KB, 915x1024px
>tfw no automatic bolt actions
>>
The summer can't end fast enough
>>
Those M14s pressed into service in the early days of the Iraq and Afghan conflicts, they still had a full auto function right?
>>
OP to answer your question yes.

Zastava M76, more of a DMR but it had the ability to go full auto unofficially if you left the selector between safe and fire. It was used once or twice in the Yugoslav wars to get out of a tight spot but had no other application.

Dragunov SVU-A had a full auto setting and occasionally came with a 20-shot magazine.

VSS Vintorez is technically a sniper rifle for special operations and counter terrorism. It's select fire as well.

Common thread here is that these are more medium to shot range rifles, since most long range ones tend to be single shot or bolt-action. They have a fully automatic capability that's seldom used and of little tactical value unless the sniper is cornered and has no backup gun.
>>
>>34136075
Most had their selectors ground off, but I don't think all did so you're probably right. Again, to the extent they still had a giggle switch it was probably seldom if ever used in combat.
>>
>>34133931
There was an MG42 modification with a long range scope
>>
G36 and get all the recoil upgrades.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.