[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Detroit ok for guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Might have to move there for work. Any Detroit based /k/omandos? Heard there have been some recent pro-gun laws being pushed there. How does it compare to the rest of Michigan in terms of gun rights?

>inb4 Jamal and glock 40 jokes
>>
>>34131076
You will need a gun for Detroit, yes
>>
>>34131076
Moved out of Detroit about 8 months ago, I was working for Ford at the time. I had my 2 ARs, a Glock 19, and a bunch of other random rifles, shotguns, and handguns. It has definitely gotten a lot more gun friendly since the population started to drop.
>>
>>34131076
It's fine, no one gives a fuck if you have a gun. We may become a constitutional carry state soon, if not it's still shall issue and easy to CC. All NFA items are legal, no mag restrictions or AWB bullshit. Pistol registration still happens unfortunately but if you happen to ignore it the punishment is a civil infraction (traffic ticket) of $105 or something. Detroit is probably the most progun big city around.
>>
>>34131088
Ok, but how are the laws specifically in Detroit? I'm a white 25 year old with no criminal record. Any magazine capacity restrictions? Google just mentions Michigan in general in terms of gun laws and they seem ok, just want to be sure Detroit isn't cucked lile NYC.
>>
>>34131112
Oh, this is great to hear. How's public transit? Going to drive to work, just curious if I get drunk and want to bus home. Just stick to uber?
>>
>>34131122
Read
>>34131112
>>
>>34131147
Yeah, posted before I refreshed. Thanks.
>>
>>34131136
We have a bus system that.... well it sucks but its cheap. Uber or whatever would be your best bet. Or drink in your own neighborhood, there are about 500,000 bars here. Also, don't do the speed limit. You will get passed by everyone. 5 over a minimum.
>>
>>34131156
Oh you are that surplus guy. You live in Detroit? How do you like it?
>>
>>34131076
Beware of chaldeans, bunch of fuckin shit bags
>>
>>34131162
No I only work in Detroit now. Taxes on property are insane so I live in the boonies near Selfridge (where the A10s are).

It's a nice city overall though. Obviously there are bad areas but for the most part it's fine. Definitely a good bar and food scene. Plenty of young white hipsters too.
>>
>>34131200
Sounds decent. Thank you. Recommend any good gun stores?
>>
>>34131353
Depends how far you're willing to drive. Detroit is a HUGE city itself and the metro area even bigger.
>>
>>34131377
Fair. Where do you go/recommend? Distance doesn't matter, just curious. Any good surplus places or do you buy online? Also what are the good places slash areas that white hipsters guys hang?
>>
>>34131480
For guns I use online and gun shows. But I also deal in surplus mainly. Top Gun in Taylor is pretty good though.
>>
>>34131549
Awesome. Thank you.
>>
>>34131549
Was planning check the Tampa gunshow for milsurp this weekend but family had a wedding planned I forgot about all the way up here in Michigan. Always helpful in the milsurp breads didnt know you lived here. I like it so far.
>>
>>34131610
Michigan is pretty nice when it isn't winter and you aren't stuck in road construction.
>>34131581
Oh and by far the best place for shooting is The Pit.
>>
Get your obligatory hi point carbine for home defense.

Use that first so you don't have to turn in a good gun.

It probably best to have a few hi points just for that reason.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.