[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 53

File: nova-tactical-shotgun-12-gauge.png (126KB, 1004x353px) Image search: [Google]
nova-tactical-shotgun-12-gauge.png
126KB, 1004x353px
To shotgun or not to shotgun - Benelli Nova Tactical for $399. Pick up or pass? Live in California.

Also, QTDDTOT I guess.
>>
>>34130678
I got one and it's pretty solid. Nothing really noteable to say because it's a pump gun.
>>
i got one with a 28" barrel on it and i killed a deer deader than fuck with a sabot slug 10/10 would recommend. but you could just get a Remington 870 and save some money
>>
>>34130749
Is hunting deer or elk with a shotgun much different than a rifle? I've only ever owned rifles and pistols.
>>
>>34130678
Its okay, I'd go with the 28 inch option like another anon said. Other than that a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 is fine. Kinda lean towards the 500 but that's my personal bias
>>
yeah this was in ohio so you can only hunt with shotguns or straight wall cartridges but its just like bow hunting you just find a good spot in the woods and let them walk up on you. only thing different than a rifle is that your farthest shot is like 75 yards...well maybe 100 but im only worth a fuck at 75
>>
>>34130678
I got the same model as my first pump

Loved the look and lightweight-ness compared to the mossy or rem

If you think gun is fine and the only aftermarket you want is a mag extension go for it. If you want a gun to customise get a mossy or rem
>>
File: 20170217_153627.jpg (878KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_153627.jpg
878KB, 2560x1536px
Guys, what's a good cross-body two-point sling for my shotgun? I'd prefer it in OD green or tan, and under $30. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: IMG_20170601_174020.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_174020.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
How expired is this filter?
>>
>>34130920
Very
>>
I got a slide stop from CGW to replace the one on a gun. The stop protrudes significantly more from the frame than the original. Is this okay? Is there anything I can do about it?

I am going to call Cajun tomorrow, but they're closed right now and I only just in the last hour got around to putting the new stop in.
>>
Just saw a TV ad for the VA gubernatorial race, ...democratic candydate endorsed closing "gunshow loophole" and banning "assault rifles" to prevent another VATech massacre.

My questions: What do "assault rifles" and "gunshow loopholes" have to do w/ the VATech shooting? Wasn't the shooter a lunatic who used handguns?
>>
>>34131336
You know what the answer is: Pandering to the base.
>>
>>34131336

.22's no less.
>>
>>34131133
Any asbestos to worry about?
>>
>>34130894
just stick a generic ak/sks sling on it. best 2 point option on a budget. you wont find anything better until you reach magpuls 40 price range.
>>
File: AUG_A1.jpg (16KB, 550x217px) Image search: [Google]
AUG_A1.jpg
16KB, 550x217px
Are there any cons for trigger guards that enclose your hand, found on some bullpups? Are they ideal for bullpup service rifles? I know they give you a place to grip and allow easy use of gloves.
>>
File: p239.jpg (45KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
p239.jpg
45KB, 700x600px
Is the Sig p239 discontinued? I called a local shop to see if they had any in stock, and the dude said no, and they haven't had any in a while, and he thought they were discontinued. They're still on Sig's website though.
>>
>>34131336
Was it our fucker of a Lt. Gov or the other twatwaffle? Doesnt really matter, I guess. I sure as shit don't intend on voting for 'em.

Whenever I hear about "da gunshow loophole" I just laugh.
>>
What are some good brands for building an AR pistol in 9mm?
>>
>>34131494
I've done a lot (maybe like 20 total minutes) of research on this and it seems like the overwhelming consensus is 50% of people say there's asbestos and 50% of people say there isn't. If you happen to use the filter and get cancer in a few years please come back and let me know.
>>
>>34131896
No
>>
>>34130678
$399 would be a bit much if it were in a free state, but that's not bad for Cali prices. Those Novas are pretty solid, and the Tactical is pretty great as long as you're fine with the stock furniture. Make sure to put a mag tube extension on it.
>>
>>34132052
For the good of science I will expose myself to mustard gas and use the mask!
>>
I need to sharpen my knives what sharpener/wetstone should i get?
>>
Thoughts on the CZ Bren 805?
>>
>>34130678
If you live near a Big 5, I would check out their weekly sales. You can get various Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 Models as well the Nova at good prices.
>>
>>34131986
Stag Arms sells 9mm Upper/Lower/BCG for about $300. Don't know if the price is good or not but Stag Arms is pretty solid company
>>
Why do most 5.56 assault rifles have 13"-14.5" barrels? I just noticed this. The military-issue rifles have barrels just slightly shorter than what can be legally sold in America. For what purpose? Why don't they just make all the barrels 16" so they can sell to the military and American civilians without having to make 2 different barrel lengths?
>>
bought a Glock 19 gen 4, nearly every shot sends brass to face
wat do?
>>
>>34132960

Will do. The LGS I go to isn't quite Gander Mountain, but they hate MSRP
>>
>>34130749
You could get a mossberg instead of a 870. Unless you can get a older 870.
>>
So I feel like selling my rarely used guns on armslist. How can I verify if a person is a felon or not? I've seen people asking to see CC permits as a way to gauge who may be ok to sell to. Any other methods?
>>
>>34133004
usually that's the shortest length that they can add the m203 to and anything longer takes off cool guy points and exposes you more when firing from cover
>>
>>34133070
I wouldn't worry about it. Selling guns isn't illegal in America. Even in the unlikely scenario that you sell to a nutjob who winds up murdering a dozen people, you didn't know anything. You preformed a perfectly legal transaction.

And speaking as someone who uses Armslist often, I skip right over any posting that asks anything like that. They aren't the ATF and they can fuck right off.
>>
I bought an Uberti army 1860 replica from a gun show for 150 a couple weeks back, had to replace both the hand spring and the the trigger and stop spring for it,

while i successful transplanted both of those now when i try to cock the gun the trigger won't catch, i've tried googling to see if i could figure it out but i can't.

if i manually with some force move the trigger over while simultaneously cocking the gun it will catch but after it's fired i'd have to do that each time and i just want to fix it.

there aren't too many assembly videos online and none of them show trigger assembly very well so i'm not sure if maybe i just assembled it incorrectly but i've reassembled it about 5 times now to no avail.

i've been working on this for months and i can't seem to get it to work.
>>
>>34133129
Bump
>>
Is there a smoother, faster bolt action to operate than the Lee Enfield? I've heard it's fast but I'd imagine something newer is better.
>>
>>34133070

I mean, it depends.

Do you want to do this as a moral obligation? Then all you need to do is get their email or phone number (even better, that and their name) and run it through Intellius, see if anything hits in the way of priors.

I also want to point out that this doesn't really do much. Someone who is adjucated as mentally defective wouldn't show up. I am not a lawyer, but read over the law concerning private sales. As far as I am aware, it is based on good faith - which means no strawman purchases, or sales. If you followed the law, and genuinely didn't know or had any reason to suspect that you couldn't sell them a weapon, you shouldn't be able to be held accountable. As far as I know, all the cops will do is want a copy of their drivers license and the bill of sale. Which you should always do, and in most states, must do.

This is CYA shit.

Being honest, you are at much greater risk of getting shot used armslist than you are of selling a gun to a felon. I know one guy who was killed, and another guy who was assaulted.

Don't be stupid. Meet in a public place, in fact, meet at your LGS, and talk to the sales reps. Make them aware that you aren't going to perform a private sale on their property but you had a few questions about them. This will get eyewitnesses involved, and the guy you are selling the gun to on lots of cameras. You will get trespassed for trying to do a private sale at nearly every LGS, even in the parking lot, so don't do it.

Then go to another public place, and do the bill of sale and copy of identification there. And then after that, you exchange money/goods in either another location or close to that same one.

Basically by jumping through all of these hoops you stand next to no chance of being murdered. And I would be much more concerned about that than the ATF or local PD asking to see some documents from the sale. That doesn't mean you don't follow through though. You should always do what the law dictates.
>>
>>34133673
>As far as I know, all the cops will do is want a copy of their drivers license and the bill of sale. Which you should always do, and in most states, must do.
For real? All that shit?

Every sale I ever did went like this:
>Meet in parking lot
>You the guy?
>I the guy
>This what you wanted?
>That what I wanted
>You got the cash?
>I got the cash
>Cheers m8 see you at the range
No ID or any dumb shit.
>>
File: gottablast.jpg (42KB, 216x288px) Image search: [Google]
gottablast.jpg
42KB, 216x288px
What are the odds of getting in any kind of legal trouble from buying a black powder revolver from a state that doesn't consider them "firearms" and bringing it back to a state that it does?
>>
>>34133711

Yes. Go ask any cognizant non-bubba idiot who runs an LGS and see if they say you should always get a copy of the driver's license and bill of sale: they'll say yes.

The reason being, it might have been illegal to do so (depending on the location), or not firmly established. Then say you did sell it to a felon, and they use that gun to commit a felony but they aren't caught yet the gun is found. Well guess what? The cops are going to roll up on your ass quick as hell to find out why the fuck your gun is was being used by a felon. And you didn't even bother trying to cover your ass? Man, that sounds like a strawman purchase to me. Man, that sounds like it wasn't made in good faith to me. RIP dogs.
>>
Anyone know anything about Suppressed Armament Systems? Reviews are sparse, but the few I've seen are fairly positive. I'd like to know before dropping the money on one.
>>
>>34130678
Where my guy? Do they have two?
>>
>>34133721
>The cops are going to roll up on your ass quick as hell to find out why the fuck your gun is was being used by a felon
Last I checked I didn't live in a place with a gun registry, and also I bought the gun from a redneck in a parking lot so my name is on literally nothing.
>>
>>34133721
That's pretty hilarious.

In most of the US you have no duty to keep any records of firearms sales or the recipients. The police would have to attempt to prove that you were lying and were the person who committed the crime with the firearm(unlikely) or prove that you sold the firearm to an individual whom a reasonable person would have had cause to believe was a felon or whom you knew was getting it to commit a crime(even less likely).
>>
>>34133769

Comes down to how much you want the cops in your life, potentially. I'd much rather just hand over some documents, "yes, sir" "no, sir" them for a little while and be sent on my way than some geared out ass looking to try and make your day miserable in order to cop to some shit you didn't do. Ultimately it's a massive waste of time, and potentially money (if you've got your own lawyer, and refuse to just answer their questions without them), that could have been avoided if you used a fucking photocopier.
>>
i know its made cheap by gooks, but is a RIA GI Series 1911 a good 1911 for someone who just wants a cheap 1911
>>
My friend invited me to come out to a local USPSA event and borrow one of his rigs. What do I need to know before I go?

fwiw I'm a nohandguns but I've shot them a decent amount and know how to be safe, but I've never shot in any competitive kind of situation.
>>
>>34133899
Yeah they're good if all you want is a no-frills 1911, and I think their higher end models are also solid for the price. Just avoid the older ones that had like half the slide covered in logo because that shit's ugly.
>>
I turn 21 in a few months, and I'm looking to buy my first handgun. I'm trying to decide between the Sig P320 and the CZ SP-01. Any recommendations?
>>
>>34134234
You can't go wrong with either of those. In my opinion, two of the best on the market. I prefer the P320 because I have smaller hands, but that's just me. Handle both and see which one you personally prefer.

I own a P320 but not a CZ and have fired both. Even being a fairly poor shot, the P320 is a pussycat. I average 2.5" groups with it at 35ft and do 8" groups at 25m.

My own question: what's the best piston 5.56 on the market?
>>
Has a war ever been "over by christmas?"

I mean one of significance, not say, the invasion of granada.

I guess I could try and qualify it more but it would probably be more interesting hearing other people's thoughts.
>>
>>34134054
That's a big question. You're going to be moving a lot. You're going to be drawing from a holster. You're going to be reloading. Make sure you know how to do those things safely and smoothly. It's better to go a little slower and get it the first time than it is to fumble and have to try again. Don't worry about winning, just shoot the stages, have fun, and be safe.

Be aware that you must always point the gun forward and never cross the 180 degree arc towards the back of the stage. This includes during your draw and your reloads. You break this rule and you're done for the day. I know this seems like obvious advice but there CAN be stages where it's possible targets will be behind you. If you move rearward during a stage, keep the gun pointed up range, even if that means pointing it backwards.

I would seriously suggest looking up some beginner videos on YouTube. It's easier to learn by just seeing it done.
>>
>>34134601
I'll definitely check some videos out, as well as the rulebook. I figure my best bet is to just be slow and methodical about things, I'd rather be the slowest guy on a stage than the guy who got DQed or, god forbid, ND'd somebody.

I hope there's some kind of opportunity to get used to the gun and rig, the idea of walking into an event with something I've never used kinda freaks me out. I've shot with this friend quite a few times and he's confident I'll do fine, but it still makes me nervous.
>>
>>34134581
Desert storm would probably qualify. That was supposed to be a massive brawl.
>>
>>34134731
You've got the right mind set for it. Just copy what everyone else is doing and let your buddy show you how he's going to shoot each stage. Don't worry about the game side of it and just go full tutorial mode. Everyone will be super nice and helpful. The only crowd more helpful to noobies is cowboy action, most SASS shooters are happy to lend guns to new shooters.
>>
>>34132848
Ez mode Carbide sharpener
Pro mode a large two sided whetstone

>>34133598
Newer actions are smoother and just as fast but being mostly Mauser style actions none feel as good as a Lee IMO.
>>
>>34133015
Every idiot will say you are limp wristing it. Mine does it too unless I use +P ammo
>>
Are there any downsides to AR15 forward assists, besides weight and bulk? I've heard they affect reliability but I can't see why.
>>
Nogunz here, is a nugget a decent entry level gun? Id rather have a rifle than a pistol
>>
>>34135546
They have a tendency to make jams worse.

>>34135596
Not really, not as cheap as they where before, heavy, bad bolt and trigger, bad accuracy. They are good if you want to practice basic gunsmithing,
>>
>>34132848
spyderco sharpmaker
>>
>>34134254
Several entered competition for New Zealand's new service rifle. Lewis Machine and Tool won. Take that as you will.
>>
>>34135615
What do you reccomend for a noob rifle then?
>>
>>34135666
AR-15, honestly they've gotten dirt cheap. If you want a bolt action, Savage, Zika T3, and Ruger American rifle, Wasr 10 for AK variant.
>>
>>34135615
>make jams worse
Why?
>>
>>34130678

I picked one up cheap at a pawn shop a few years back.

It's overall pretty good, and the sights are a nice touch, but there is something wierd about it compared to any mossberg or remington I've owned. It's a bit...fat?

That being said, it works just fine, and I think you can feel secure in it's quality of manufacture.
>>
>>34135692
If something gets jammed in the locking lugs pushing the bolt further in just makes it more stuck.
>>
>>34130894

I like the Troy and Vickers slings, but it's the GG&G mount that goes between the stock and receiver that makes the biggest difference for a nice side mounted sling.

captcha was belts
>>
>>34135690
Dank ye anon
>>
>>34135663
Did an AR win because it preformed better or because it's the whore weapon system of the world that everybody already uses so it's cheap with lots of parts around?
>>
File: M3-SMG.jpg (377KB, 1440x830px) Image search: [Google]
M3-SMG.jpg
377KB, 1440x830px
Why, in video games featuring the M3, do characters always stick their fingers in the ejection port to cock it, instead of using the charging handle? Is that even possible?
>>
>>34135596
They were cheap, that is the only reason they used to be good. Ruger and Savage make pretty decent entry rifles. A used 10/22 is cheaper than a maverick 88.
>>
>>34135772
Later models (M3A1) removed the crank charging handle to a cheaper simpler method with a large scallop in the bolt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ivr4QdhVtU
>>
>>34135781
Interesting. I never even noticed the difference between the two.
>>
>>34135596
If you're looking for something cheap, go with a Ruger 10/22, Marlin Model 60, or something along those lines.

I've got a Model 60. Damn that is a fun rifle.
>>
PPQ M1 with 8 mags and kydez own holster for $500. Seller claims it's for 300 rounds through it.
>>
>>34136038
Is this a good deal or not? I submitted the post before finishing it because I am clinically retarded.
>>
Where the FUCK do I buy cheap enough(less than $500 for 1000 rnds) brass cased 7.62x39? Looking at all these prices online is making my wallet cry.
>>
File: 1496179213731.jpg (135KB, 590x638px) Image search: [Google]
1496179213731.jpg
135KB, 590x638px
My LGS has a SPAS-12 in stock for $1700. This seems to be around the average price on Gunbroker and shit like that, but I hear word that the gun is unreliable. Does anyone have/have experience with one of these guns? I think I'd very much like to buy it, but don't want to be shackled to an expensive, unreliable firearm.
>>
3 questions.
1) what is your home defense weapon ?
2) if it's a longgun, do you have a sling on it?
3) What type of sling? (1, 2, or 3 point)
>>
>>34136646
The have a reputation for unreliability, yes. It's basically a meme gun because movies and games latched onto it.

If you like it buy it. If you're able to spend $1,700 on a meme gun you should already have a basic shotgun to do shotgun things, or if not buy an old pump-action for $250. The SPAS-12 is a range toy.
>>
>>34136597
just buy steel case
>>
>>34135666

Ruger american in 5.56.
>>
>>34136754
I have steel case, but no range near me allows the stuff
>>
>>34136836
>but no range near me allows the stuff
Don't go to those ranges then, they're shit.

Either drive, move, or find someone with land you can use.
>>
>>34136852
As soon as I am able Im moving far the fuck away from Philly. This place is a cesspool
>>
>>34136597
ammoseek
>>
>>34131494
possibly. if that's for a gp5 or pmg2, modern NATO filters will work with them, so just buy those instead.
>>
All other things being equal, how different are direct impingement and short-stroke piston in terms of felt recoil?
>>
>>34136895
State game land mien nigga. Philly has some decent stuff but so close to inna woods also lots of kommados.
>>
>>34137174
Generally equal but DI would in most cases be less. Mostly due to the most common DI gun being AR's and straight line stock designs manage recoil better.
>>
Can you get a CCW with a medical marijuana card?
>>
>>34133899

I can agree with this guy>>34134110

I have a RIA 1911 GI series because muh wood grips
>>
>>34137478
I imagine it would be technically possible but federally still illegal.
>>
What are some good companies to buy AR 15 lowers from?

Ideal would be a combination of reliability and affordable
>>
>>34137478
That would be a felony.
>>
File: 2017-06-02 17.11.26.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02 17.11.26.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
My AR was running fine today, until what I think was a blown primer got stuck in the chamber (I have a picture if it would help). I got it out, and it started short stroking constantly. I got home today and gave the upper the first super deep cleaning it's had since I built the rifle last summer (more than just a rag and CLP), and this stuff was coming out of the chamber (the part the bolt rotates in, not the part the bullet sits. Is there a name for this?). Anyone know what it would be?
>>
File: 2017-06-02 17.11.28.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02 17.11.28.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>34137642
Here'a another pic.

>>34137639
In terms of reliability, the lower basically doesn't matter. All the lower does is help guide the BCG into the buffer tube, and hold the fire control group in place. Anderson works just fine.
>>
>>34138541
Brass shavings from violent extraction of the cases. A little bit is normal, but if you continue to get a lot and have problems, it could mean the rifle is over gassed.
>>
>>34136038
>>34136047
Any input on this one? The used market for PPQ's is pretty week here, so i'm not sure what to expect.
>>
>>34136038
Bought a NIB M1 for $500 a few months ago. That's probably worth it just on mags alone, they're like $40 each
>>
>>34139306
>>34139473
Also it's a great gun, my favorite striker-fired. And 300 rounds is nothing
>>
File: IMG_9008.jpg (569KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9008.jpg
569KB, 1080x1920px
Guys, there's an FAL at my local gun store going for 3k. Should I buy it???
>>
File: IMG_9007.jpg (265KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9007.jpg
265KB, 1080x1920px
>>34139527

Has FN markings.
>>
File: IMG_9006.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9006.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
>>34139527
>>34139543

More pictures.
>>
Can someone give me the rundown on all the popular basic bitch AR15s and which are the best?

>>34136646
It's only worth that price if it has a folding stock, ideally with the hook. In my understanding, the unreliability comes from the semi-auto being finnicky with anything short of full-power loads.
Either way, the only reason to buy it is for the memes. Are its memes worth that much to you?
>>
File: IMG_9005.jpg (244KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9005.jpg
244KB, 1080x1920px
>>34139527
>>34139543
>>34139558

Last picture.
>>
>>34133129
>bought a couple weeks back
>been working on this for months

Really tickles your pickle
>>
>>34130793
is the 28 inch the bird hunting version? if so then >>34130678 Ill trade you my full length for a short barrel.
>>
File: IMG_8001.jpg (329KB, 968x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8001.jpg
329KB, 968x1936px
What am I doing wrong to make it pull left like this? 10 yards, 9mm pistol.
>>
>>34131494
Yes. Had one and wore it, got a headache that was remarkably similar to the last time I was exposed to asbestos.
>>
Poor Navyfag here. I've got a nice vise and everything else I need to actually get my barrel on my AR 15, but I don't have anything close to a workbench. Any advice to cheaply secure my vise to something? I was kind of thinking just bolting the shit to a 2x4 and then C-clamping the shit out of the board to a table. Any less retarded ideas? My base has a auto hobby center but they already no no'd me bringing this in there.

TL;DR what's the jewiest way to secure a vise capable of torquing your barrel?
>>
I have a friend that lives in Washington state and I live in Virginia. He is selling me his rifle. Does he have to ship it to an FFL near me and do I have to do the NICS check?
>>
>>34132848
Look up Worksharp. They make dozens of different sharpeners from electric belt sharpeners to stones. Check their website and see which one suits your needs.
>>
>>34139720
Your pulling the trigger wrong.
>>
>>34140430
if you want it to be legal yes
>>
I just bought my first shotgun from Bass Pro. Is there anything I should know beyond basic shotgun maintenance and safety that every regular gun owner knows?

I bought the Remington 870 express combo. I'm not too sure what's the deal between rifled and the smoothbore barrel aside them saying I should swap out the barrel for the rifled when shooting slugs. Does the rifled barrel REALLY effect a slug that much?
>>
>>34140555
Thanks
>>
I want a bb gun that isn't multipump, what to buy?
>>
>>34140624
Rifling makes a huge difference when it comes to accuracy.
>>
>>34132848
Lansky
google it
>>
>>34135690
> Zika T3
Why, that only shoots mosquitoes.
>>
>>34139720
being right handed
>>
>>34130678
Didn't like the balance of the nova tactical. Got the 24" field model and put a +6 mag extension on it.
>>
>>34130678
Nah, just get an 870. Benelli is auto or balls.
M1 Super 90 can be found for decent prices.
>>
File: 1496100978849.png (86KB, 337x441px) Image search: [Google]
1496100978849.png
86KB, 337x441px
Hello /k/, I am a recent hasguns and I've only started carrying last December, so I was wondering how to CC when wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The weight of my holster and gun can't be supported by athletic shorts so I can't do with my winter option.

I was thinking of going subcompact and using a thigh holster. Any other options?
>>
>>34140340
I did mine with an upper block that was c clamped and still managed to get enough torque.
>>
Any New Jersey residents here? A guy from NJ wants to buy my old pellet pistol. As I understand, NJ's government regulates air guns as actual firearms which is absurd. The question is: How would an out of state person sell an air gun to a NJ resident legally?
>>
>>34140624
Just go on youtube and look for gun maintenance videos. The manual should also have instructions.
>>34139527
this one on gunbroker is going for $2500 http://www.gunbroker.com/item/651292868
>>34136675
shotgun loaded with birdshot, no sling
>>
Thoughts on the Mossberg MVP series? I'm thibking about picking up the patrol.
>>
>>34141268
You would have to ship to a FFL in NJ and the guy would have to a pistol purchase permit....(you can get max 3 normally and they expire 90 days after signed by the local chief of police....not when you pick it up)

Not joking....
>>
>>34141162
get a belly band and wear it on your hips below your shorts, positioned at 12:00. 100% concealed. i do this with my Shield.
>>
>>34140624
>I should swap out the barrel for the rifled when shooting slugs. Does the rifled barrel REALLY effect a slug that much?
>>34140675
>Rifling makes a huge difference when it comes to accuracy.

Rifled barrel is for sabot slugs. Out to about 150 yards
Smoothbore is for regular slugs (aka rifled slugs (confused yet?)). About 50 yards or so.
>>
How bad are commercial makarovs?

I found a clean commercial in 9x18 for $230 with one magazine and 50 rounds of ammo. Is this a good buy?
>>
>>34141412
They're okay. Just be aware that you're buying what is basically a cheap copy of a cheap rifle (Savage Model 11/111)
>>
>>34140854
I'm left handed.
>>
>>34141587
Pull the trigger with the pad of your finger tip.
>>
>>34141842
Thanks I'll try that.
>>
is there a good generic cleaning kit i can pick up?
>>
I'm looking to get my first handgun that I will eventually CC. I'm looking at FNS-9c, CZ P10c, Sig p320c. Anything else I should look at?
>>
>>34141919
Check the compact HKs maybe too if you don't mind the price. Finger fuck them all; i found the P10 to be way too fucking big for a "compact"
>>
>>34141904
The hoppes deluxe one is pretty good (unless you have a .17 cal rifle).
Its just missing brushes for 40cal-50cal if you shoot those.
>>
>>34141448
Jesus Christ I just want to get rid of my old soda can popper. Fuck NJ
>>
File: Wall of Shotgun.jpg (211KB, 774x292px) Image search: [Google]
Wall of Shotgun.jpg
211KB, 774x292px
Guys, would it be acceptable to mount a weapon light to my shotgun? I found a nice mount, but I want to know if it'll keep the aesthetic.
>>
File: block.jpg (34KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
block.jpg
34KB, 600x371px
Can super weak people (like women who don't work out) handle the recoil of a full size 9mm pistol, if trained well? How about a subcompact?
>>
Front sight post on my savage scout is high and needs shaved down. Savage will do it for free but I have to ship my gun off for a month. Should I just find a local smith to do it? Rifle can't be zeroed otherwise.
>>
>>34142544
GF is 108lbs on a rainy day without an umbrella and she shoots a Browning Hi-Power 9mm
>>
>>34142682
Get a pack of needle files from harbor freight and some paint.
>>
>>34130678
Thinking of getting the Mossberg Shockwave with my next paycheck

Anyone have any experience?
>>
>>34133721
Don't listen to this idiot
>>
>>34132848
Sharpmaker if they're just dull and need to be touched up, Lansky (or EdgePro or Wicked Edge if you like spending big bucks) if they're fucked.

>>34135415
>Carbide sharpener

Oh god no, those things will fuck your knives two ways from Sunday and the edge they put on your knife is only half-sharp and won't last very long. They're only good as an emergency backup for situations where you've got no other options and your knife is dead or for use with "disposable" knives that you can sharpen over and over again all day and throw away after a while. (Cutting carpet or leather or butchering meat, for example.)
>>
I been thinking of getting a shoulder holster for my revolver.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how badly am I going to get bullied for those two separately? I'm thinking it'd be worse with them combined.
>>
Why all the fucking obsession with this "922r" meme?

Is there a single person in the entire country that's been busted for 922r? What's the autism all about? "Oh, I need to make sure muh baseplate is US made to keep 922r compliant!" Fuck outta here
>>
What shooting glasses does /k/ recommend for someone who has to wear prescription eyeglasses? I need something that is comfortable and won't interfere with my cap too much.
>>
File: Should I..png (423KB, 1162x752px) Image search: [Google]
Should I..png
423KB, 1162x752px
Should I go for it?
>>
File: hi guys.jpg (163KB, 1155x545px) Image search: [Google]
hi guys.jpg
163KB, 1155x545px
what the fuck is ian using? im sure he talks about it but its been a few weeks and i havent had to the time to check
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So, plating with IV8888 brand cut shells... I had one tear in two and spill pouder everywhere.

How dangerous is it if there are possibly a few flakes under the extractor of a Hatfield single shot? Can't get any more pics, away from home, worried about my guns.
>>
>>34143555

Trips says yes
>>
>>34143612
Fugg
>>
other than 22, what's the cheapest per round lever gun to own? 30-30?
>>
>>34136597
http://www.gunbot.net/
Here you go bud
>>
Who makes a decent 45 degree offset mount for iron sights?
>>
>>34143743
38 special/357 mag.
>>
>>34143555
Anyone not following the church of gets have any input?
>>
without consideration for price, how would a bolt-action compare to a lever action, assuming both have the same caliber ?
>>
>>34144743
Accuracy is very similar (for most comparable rifles out of the box), bolts are faster, less complex, cheaper to produce at the low end, more caliber options, more options at the high quality end.
>>
>>34144795
>>34144743
And bolts have better triggers.
Really the best reasons for owning levers is CAS, just because, or a more convenient left handed option.
>>
>>34144795
>more options at the high quality end
do you mean civilian market or in general ?
>>34144817
i meant in raw performance
so technically i could use a lever-action instead of a bolt-action for a "sniper rifle"
>>
>>34144822
What I mean at high end is for a bolt you can get really well made high tolerance guns, where as the high end levers are the same as the mid range but embellished.

You could to an extent but bolt actions at the high end or mid end with modifications will quickly become more accurate that lever actions.
>>
>>34144856
why do they become more accurate ? i mean i expected it kinda but i wonder why
>>
>>34144862
With a lever action there's no real good way to improve the trigger or action, or to float the barrel.

With a bolt gun you can improve/replace the trigger, jewel/polish the bolt, free float or bed the action, etc.
>>
>>34144884
alright thanks, i kinda like the look of lever -actions, but also am kind of a sucker for modern shit and best performance
>>
>>34144899
Might be better to go big for a bolt action for accuracy and just get a cheap lever on the side for fun then.
Nothing wrong with having more guns.
>>
Is frog lube a meme?
>>
>>34144947
Yes but so is every gun care product just use whatever works for you.
>>
I asked this in another thread but never really got an answer.

I have 400 dollars. In your guys opinion, what is the best firearm you can buy for 400 dollars? I dont care whether its a handgun, revolver, rifle, shotgun, etc. I just want something interesting.

I have a couple pistols, a revolver, an AR, a bunch of hunting shotguns and a bunch of bolt action hunting rifles (recovering fudd). I dont even care if its a repeat on style, I just want to know what you guys think is the highest quality or most interesting gun available for that kind of money.
>>
>>34145037
What about a mak
>>
>>34145049
Can you get one for that cheap?
>>
>>34145070
$300
https://www.classicfirearms.com/makarov-bulgarian-9x18-semi-auto
>>
>>34145079
interesting, thanks.
>>
File: cz-usa-cz-75-sp01-shadow-target.png (445KB, 890x593px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-cz-75-sp01-shadow-target.png
445KB, 890x593px
The slide doesn't lock back with empty mag on my sp01 anymore.

Dead mag or dead slide stop?
>>
File: IMG_6419.jpg (113KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6419.jpg
113KB, 1500x1500px
Just bought my first ar15 and was wondering if pic related is fine for cleaning? Will it work good as a lubricant or should I buy something dedicated as a lube?
>>
>>34145500
Its ok lube/oil, not at all good for cleaning.
>>
>>34142715

How big is her feminine penis?
>>
>>34145515
What do you recommend for cleaning?
>>
>>34142544
The way I see it, full sized pistols present more of an ergonomic problem (at least for small handed people). My mom and my gf love Glock 43s so a full sized handun shouldn't be a problem if they could even manage to hold onto it.
>>
>>34145754
Hoppe's 9 solvent(bore cleaner) or any other solvent for that matter. Outers, CLP break free its all pretty similar.
For oil/lube, rem-oil would be my preference.
>>
>>34145427
Try another mag?
>>
Would it be stupid to put a hand stop on a 13" rail where you have pretty much no chance of accidentally grabbing the barrel or is it otherwise useful for control/stability/etc?
>>
>>34146094
Not really, magpul XTM is pretty comfy.
>>
File: OTs-14 Groza kit.jpg (210KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
OTs-14 Groza kit.jpg
210KB, 900x675px
Does anyone have a picture of a VSS transit case. Best I could find was a shitty 1:6 model picture. AS Val/VSK transit case would do too.
>>
File: GP5 Filter.jpg (47KB, 594x400px) Image search: [Google]
GP5 Filter.jpg
47KB, 594x400px
>>34130920
Enjoy your asbestosis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2qGndGZs-c&ab_channel=Weaponsandstuff93
>>
Is Midwest Industries any good?
If all I want to have on my AR is a light, would the magpul mlok drop in or the MI mlok drop in metal rail be better?
I haven't heard much of MI but it's much lighter than the magpul, has more positions to put the light on and is metal so it almost seems like a no brainer.
>>
>>34145037
you could get an FEG Hi power, a RIA 1911, makarov, tokarev, surplus cz75, cz75 clone from canik or tanfoglio, canik tp9sf, an sks, yugo k98, mosin nagant, police surplus glock, ruger security six, etc. just depends on what u want really
>>
What would be a fair selling price of a slightly poor condition ar-7 produced by charter arms?

What price would be reasonable if it was made my Henry?
>>
File: 669021.jpg (108KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
669021.jpg
108KB, 880x660px
Does anyone know of any clamp on rails for pistols made of steel?
>pic related

I'm a fabricator and I'm looking to make a carbine conversion chassis for a Glock 17. Before anyone recommends aluminum, steel is cheaper and easier to work with. I just wanted a neat project to work on
>>
File: _DSF2593.jpg (2MB, 2816x1584px) Image search: [Google]
_DSF2593.jpg
2MB, 2816x1584px
>>34149375
>I'm a fabricator and I'm looking to make a carbine conversion chassis for a Glock 17

So you want to make a Hera Triarii?
>>
>>34149397
Yeah pretty much something like that. The reason why I wanted a steel rail is because a premade clamp mechanism will be much better made and I can focus on the rest of the frame.
>>
>>34149411
I know I've seen a mount that mounts to the bottom accessory rail on the Glock and provides a pic rail on top of the slide but I just cannot remember the name.

I think you're better off taking the measurements of the Glock accessory rail and going from there.
>>
>>34149411
>>34149444
FYI, the Hera Triarii has an inbuilt rail which the pistol accessory rail slides into, then the rear part of the chassis slides and locks forward locking at the top of the rear part of the pistol grip, under the slide.
>>
>>34149444
Yeah but those are usually aluminum.

>>34149457
So the front doesn't lock at all? I've seen that brace that slides into the gap in the pistol grip too. That's another option, but it'd be a weird closed stock.
>>
>>34143608
Its fine
>>
I turn 21 later this month and decided to get an M&P shield for a CC. Other than convincing me otherwise, What are the pros and cons of getting one with a thumb safety vs one without? As a current rifle only owner, a safety seems like a no brainer, but things I've read say otherwise.
>>
>>34149375
What kind of steel are you using that is cheaper and easier to machine than aluminum? Where do you purchase this magical steel?
>>
>>34149848
I can't think of a single reason not to have one. It's low profile, doesn't snag, and if you don't like it, leave it off. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
>>
>>34149858
The general mild steel supply that I have through the shop I work where I can fabricate a custom carbine chassis using a full metal shop's worth of resources
VS
Aluminum I would have to purchase.

I'm not trying to machine too much. That's why I wanted to find a rail clamp that's already machined. I would just fabricate the rest of the chassis, from the charging handle to the stock and front end.
I'd probably just drill and tap for some bolt on rails up front.
>>
File: PX9109LP_1200x7821.png (886KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
PX9109LP_1200x7821.png
886KB, 1200x782px
Got a Springfield 1911 loaded.
What parts should i switch out /k/? Also how can you black out the barrel? Im trying to go for a sort of MEU SOC look.
>>
>>34149858

cheap shit cold roll machines like fucking butter, and doesn't gum up HSS tooling like aluminum does if you don't have flood coolant.
>>
>>34150905
The fuck you talking about nigga? Machining aluminum is like cutting through Styrofoam with HSS. I've never gotten a bit "gummed up" with aluminum. Cold roll isn't hard to machine but it's definitely harder to machine than aluminum.
>>
File: 20170603_202808.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_202808.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
What is this uniform? Let me dump the images real quick excuse my shitty photo quality
>>
File: 20170603_202819.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_202819.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>34151254
>>
File: 20170603_202744.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_202744.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>34151271
>>
File: 20170603_202802.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_202802.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
>>34151310
>>
File: 20170603_203005.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_203005.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>34151329
>>
>>34151271
That's a 5th army patch. Vietnam era maybe? Movie prop? It kinda looks like pic related. Not an expert, that's the best I can do. Where did you get it?
>>
>>34151412
Jackson Cave swap meet, bought it for 25 bucks, I doubt vietnam due to the lack of the added hip pockets on the trousers and I believe they ditched using that much colour on their patches at that point, the pants also don't have the elastic I've seen on several near the ankle area for better packing into boots. We think it's WW2 but it could also be Korean War
>>
>>34151254
US Army Utility Fatigue Shirt
>>34151271
5th Army patch
>>34151310
Type 1 Jungle trousers.
>>
>>34151475
*No cargo pockets, utility fatigue pants.
>>
>>34151485
So it is Vietnam era? I always heard that they were constantly issued with the extra pockets, and what year were these issued around if you don't mind me asking, I'd like to pair them with the correct generation of gear
>>
>>34135632
>>34140512
>>34140720
>>34142964
Thanks
>>
>>34151485
Also thank you, this was really helpful
>>
File: rpr.jpg (69KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
rpr.jpg
69KB, 1400x425px
Would there be any problems with a bolt action rifle that uses its grip as a bolt handle? Attach the grip to the bolt, and add a latch that you release to cycle it up/down and back and forth. Seems like it'd be very fast to cycle.
>>
File: mp.png (787KB, 688x563px) Image search: [Google]
mp.png
787KB, 688x563px
>>34151575
The shirt is 1952-1963 production. You can likely find examples of it actually been worn later than that. So, it's more Korean war than Vietnam, but correct for either.

I don't know as much about the pants, but since they are matching style to the shirt, I will presume they were issued as a set originally.

Here's a picture of MPs in Vietnam, the one on the left is using utility type pants, which are sans cargo pocket.
>>
>>34151650
Okay, I'm trying to piece together different uniforms from conflicts during the cold war mainly and currently I'm focused on Vietnam as it spans quite a bit plus I have some of the gear already, so these would be issued with korean war full leather combat boots and the earlier web gear correct? M1 Garands and Carbines as well I'm assuming. Any extra info you could send my way would be helpful as well, thanks though man.
>>
>>34151699
Utility uniform shirt and pants would work for either war.

The Korean War M1948 boots were issued from 1948-1954. So, they'd fit in on a Korean war repro.

AFAIK in the Korean War, the US LBE was M1936 belts and suspenders, and things like M1944 and M1945 packs. Basically just WW2 stuff with no upgrades.

Vietnam has M1956 LCE and M1963 MLCE mostly.

I'll say that my inclination is that older gear tends to stay "period accurate" for a long time, regardless of what the 'by the book' wearout date is. The military holds onto and uses outdated gear for decades. I don't doubt M1936 belts got used somewhere in Vietnam by some US soldier.
>>
>>34151824
Are there any good websites or books I should get to help me tell if anything is authentic or what to look for? I use a website for reenactor gear for vietnam but that mainly just focuses on gear for the US Army and on patrol/duty gear
>>
>>34142397

lights on guns are like holding up a target for intruders to shoot at.
>>
>>34151854
Honestly I just google a lot of stuff and use educated guesses or look at certain details until I narrow down all the options.

The go to for seeing if something is authentic is looking for an NSN (new gear mid-1970s or later) or an FSN (old gear) tag. Obviously the tag can be faked, so it doesn't weed everything out, but if the tag doesn't include this info or if the number brings up the wrong item on google, you know to go "hmmm".
>>
>>34142397
Don't listen to >>34151871 home defense guns have bright lights on them because they blind intruders and are temporarily confused if used right.
>>
Any tips on tuning an AR15 adjustable gas block?

Built the rifle last weekend and shot it today and tuned the block. I want it reliable but I'm not sure when it's overgassed.
>>
Why do they call it "dry firing"?

Isn't all firing dry? Bullets aren't wet.
>>
>>34152970
One could argue that the instant creation of a mass of heat would cause an increase in moisture in the air, which would be more "wet" than prior to firing.

Or it's just a saying.
>>
>>34130678
My brother bought one and loves it. He paid the same. Hasn't had any problems.
>>
Anons, in your opinion do you think lever action rifles are worth it?

Second question : I'm going on a road trip across the USA next year. I know there's some 'superstition' about far western states and up north being random biker gangs and possibly cultists on the road. Is this true? Have any of you gone on long road trips as an adult and dealt with anything crazy? What would you recommend to be a decent arsenal for ourselves? I hope this isn't too spergy of a question to ask.
>>
>>34152920
Turn the gas all the way off. Back out in half turn increments until you get reliable extraction, ejection, loading. Then give another half turn. Lock set screw in place.
>>
I bought a all matching russian sks for 400 dollars and the magazine follower spring was weak and wouldn't push the rounds up into the chamber properly. Bought a 30 rounder and had to carve it up to get it to work in the sks. Does the magazine being different affect the price? Is there an easy way to fix this? Would it be worth it to buy an original magazine or just use the 30 rounder from the top? I don't feel like shaving down more mags so I'll probably just use the one, also i bough a bunch of clips to load the original.
>>
>>34155578
1. Get a cheap lever action, they are fun but when you have to budget money may not be worth it. They are fun as fuck and if you love them then they are worth it.

2. I had to drive down the east coast twice with my sister and we stopped at some shady gas stations and motels. I went out and bought a knife for the trip since I flew up. Wish i could have brought a gun. Think if you most likely would be operating it in a car, an enclosed area, with no ear-pro, you may not want the loudest gun, also easily maneuverable in the enclosed area. A 9mm handgun isn't a bad choice.
>>
>>34141919
Pro-tip, a cc gun is gonna be too small to be fun to shoot with alot. Get a full sized or something big, then buy a cc gun later, if anything the compacts are good for winter.
>>
>>34141549
Not much different than military models past the rear sight to what I'm aware. Price is average. Your biggest expense will be finding more mags.
>>
When's the next Florida /k/ meet up?
>>
>>34131715
They are less safe than a standard trigger guard, but like you said, they're good for winter gloves.
I think it would be better to just have spare winter trigger setups in storage you could quickly swap out than to make them the standard unless your country is a far north or you're in Antarctica.
>>
File: S150Images_2of9_large.jpg (96KB, 628x720px) Image search: [Google]
S150Images_2of9_large.jpg
96KB, 628x720px
Hey guys I'm mid way through a glock build but I just realized there are open holes on both sides of the frame and locking lug that appear to be for securing screws.... anyone know what they are called or where I can find them???

Pic related, I'm looking for the screws that fit these holes. Wow green is an ugly coclor to highlight with.
>>
What's a good gun case just large enough for an AR, a pistol, and some spare mags? Preferably one that you can trim away some foam to set everything down into.
>>
>>34157378
anon here, I found the screws actually so I dont need them anymore. Correction; my cat found the screws.

>>34157697
Hey trip, finding a case you can cut foam out of isn't the hard part; that's actually cutting the foam itself. Knives and electric cutters are kind of shitty for this work. The best thing to use honestly is an electric wire that you can find instructions on making here-
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/292695_.html

Another good idea is putting the foam in the freezer to make it more dense and easier to cut if you don't want to go that route.

That being said starlight probably has the best and easiest cases to work with as they come with a knife and fairly dense foam for easy cutting.
http://www.starlightcases.com/

Keep in mind you will fuck up. Don't get discouraged. It might take you a go or two but the end result is always worth buying an extra roll of foam.
>>
How dangerous would the cylinder gap be on a .22 revolver rifle? If it's not that bad why aren't any being made these days?
>>
>>34157747
Damn. That's a pretty good tutorial. Never would have thought of most of that. Thanks!
>>
>>34156593
Whenever the FBI has time to schedule it.
>>
File: 20170604_145620_HDR~01.jpg (4MB, 5207x2880px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_145620_HDR~01.jpg
4MB, 5207x2880px
Hi /k/,
How do i get this sort of blemished/greasy/oily look off my AR? Wet paper towel? Polish? Thanks.
>>
File: MGS5PP06.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MGS5PP06.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
Does carrying your rifle like this make any sense in real life?
>>
>>34158744
Microfiber cloth or just an old tshirt. Anything past cloth is going to be damaging to the rifles finish.
If you really need to, oil the cloth up to make a uniform finish but honestly if you are worried about oil signature on your rifle you need to take a look at yourself in the mirror.
>>34158795
That's a 3 point sling which is arguably one of the worst slings. Most european armies carry their rifles like that but on the opposite side. In the correct configuration you can hold it at your side like in your picture as you move and then bring it up to the slung and ready position in a single movement. Not sure how it works in your picture since it's on the wrong side.

I dont usually like inrangetv but ian makes some extremely good points about the 3point sling in video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3-FbXrEW8
>>
>>34158041
Its not bad, and where are you looking there's still tons being made.
>>
File: gun.png (218KB, 1530x858px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
218KB, 1530x858px
is having a foregrip here a bad idea?
I don't have a foregrip to try this with
>>
>>34159659
On a semi auto it doesn't do much, on an automatic the going theory is it helps reduce recoil by enabling the user to pull the gun in toward the shoulder.
>>
>>34159696
This. If you're firing it semi auto it makes little to no difference unless you have a bore axis of -.9 where the shots you're trying to make are so uncontrollable you should probably just slow down.

If it's automatic.... sure I mean I guess if you want a second place for you to put your hand securely. What the fuck is with that psg grip stop it
>>
File: SP1.jpg (32KB, 576x291px) Image search: [Google]
SP1.jpg
32KB, 576x291px
>>34159659
Since we're in the dumb question thread anyways, what's the point of that thing stuck to the bottom of the grip? You see it on Olympic pistols too.
>>
>>34160571
its comfortable. if fitted properly it makes the gun more stable in the hand. if adjusted improperly or for another person its annoying or does nothing.
>>
>>34160571
It's a palm rest, they provide additional hand support for a more stable hand and easier trigger control. As well as ensuring you have an identical grip every time.
>>
File: 1415556554399.jpg (29KB, 550x579px) Image search: [Google]
1415556554399.jpg
29KB, 550x579px
>>34130678

I bought a Ruger 9E, what am I in for?
>>
How powerful is 9 pellet 00 buck? if you had someone in front of the barrell about 2 inches from their nose and pulled the trigger would they be dead instantly ornis it not that powerful (00 buck that is)

stupid edgy question probably but i just want to know how powerful it is
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (390KB, 1530x700px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
390KB, 1530x700px
should I bring pic related to the range for testing how different rounds shoot or zeroing a new scope? or would I just look autistic?
>>
if I'm from out of state and I just so happen to bring my uncucked AR to CA to visit my brother and shoot on his land, will I get in trouble if I get caught with it? Can I take it to a public if I have an out of state drivers license?
>>
>>34160896
thats too far away to be really dangerous
>>
Have a question regarding care packages. Buddy sent me a message on facebook asking me to send him some logs of dip and a carton of cigarettes. USPS website says sending cigars domestically is ok (shipping to an FPO) and that there's no restrictions for his particular zip code but sending other tobacco products is apparently a pain in the dick.

Should I just declare the dip and cigs as cigars on the customs form or not? Was planning on sending some other food items as well.
>>
File: 20170604_204712-585x1040.jpg (138KB, 585x1040px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_204712-585x1040.jpg
138KB, 585x1040px
Can anyone identify this? Is it actual surplus or just some reproduction garbage? Got it from a friend who was using it for paintball.

Tag says parklands canada which is fresh, and there's a much older green tag that all the info is washed off of.
>>
>>34161014
>Caring what other people think this much
>>
>>34161572
You would have better answers asking in /MEG/
>>34156336
>>
>>34161014
Some country hicks will think you are weird but everyone else will just think you are an autist.

This said, I have mild autism myself and bring my vise to zero my guns perfectly and I outshoot everyone except this other guy who do not make a lot of eye contact so I suspect he is also an autist

>tl;dr do it
>>
>>34135692
He's full of shit. The forward assist allows you to manually close the bolt, just like pushing on a reciprocating charging handle. What you do with that ability is up to you.
>>
>>34161654
Will do, thanks!
>>
How retarded are hammer-fired handguns with decockers and no manual safeties for every day carry?
>>
File: IMG_0309.jpg (914KB, 2432x2218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
914KB, 2432x2218px
I noticed that if you look closely you can see the brass sticking out of the chamber of my glock when it's loaded. I've never noticed this before? is it normal? The last time I was at the range I did have a FTF for the first time, but it was most likely a bad primer, since the bullet wouldn't fire and after holding it for 30 seconds, ejecting it and tossing it down range (maybe not the best idea in hindsight, but it didn't go off), the gun fed and fired fine after that, but i'm kind of paranoid that something might be wrong with it, since it's the first time that's ever happened to me. I just started carrying with one in the chamber pretty recently.
>>
>>34141866
You're very welcome.
>>
>>34162492
I'd send it to glock and have them check it out. You don't want to risk it firing out of battery.
>>
>>34162037
Smarter than ones with manual safeties. DA/SA handguns tend to have heavy as fuck trigger pulls on the first shot. That heavy trigger pull is an extra layer of safety anyway- a good holster is your primary "safety" in the first place. Having that heavy trigger pull with no manual safety means that if you ever get in an emergency situation your reptile brain self won't be fucked when you forget how to use a safety. In non-emergency situations, you should be able to safely handle it at your desecration.
>>
>>34162532
Still not as good as a grip safety tbqh
>>
File: 22902.jpg (480KB, 4152x1333px) Image search: [Google]
22902.jpg
480KB, 4152x1333px
>>34130678
Has anyone tried the savage msr 10 hunter yet? Ive read good things, but not sure what to think of it.
>>
>>34162530
shit. Am I about to get hit with a glocknade?

I unloaded it and put a dummy round in the pipe and didn't notice it poking out, so I guess it's not normal.
>>
>>34132930
>>34143367
Pls respond
>>
>>34163798
Google the Bren fag, why would you trust a one sentence answer here over some review
>>
>>34163918
I did that too, homo. I like to solicit opinions too.
>>
File: 454300.jpg (85KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
454300.jpg
85KB, 620x470px
Anyone know what gun is this?
>>
>>34162788
Check several bullets to see it this happens again and then measure the length of the cases, maybe some cheap brands have slightly out-of-spec cases.
>>
File: IMG_4805.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4805.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Is there a symbol or insignia i can wear on my person or my gear that will basically identify me as a civilian and not some faggot trying to look like a soldier when wear my cool surplus bags/shit? Anyone know?
>>
>>34165068

South African BXP submachine gun. It's a improved copy of the MAC-11.
>>
>>34142544
Full-size pistols are easier to shoot than subcompacts, this applies across the board. Larger and/or better trained people will shoot subcompacts as/almost as well as they shoot full-sized.
>>
>>34165088
Thanks man, never heard of them before.
>>
what are the best mags for a scar h? all i can find is molon labe, moses mag is out of stock. which one is the best? will magpuls fit? theyre the cheapest of them all.
>>
>>34144947
Yeah, it's pretty much just coconut oil with some mint oil added in. Coconut oil's cheap as fuck, use that instead.
>>
>>34161573
Chinese shit, saw one of them exactly like this in my local airsoft shop in Bucharest, Romania. It comes with a matching set of pants and a utility belt.
>>
>>34158247
I understand
>>
File: photo1.jpg (364KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
photo1.jpg
364KB, 467x700px
Remington 870 or Mossberg 500

> Magpul Furniture
>>
>>34130920
1980, you do the math.
>>34133598
every modern cock on close action will feel vastly superior.
>>
>>34165081
The best insignia in that case is no insignia. There's nothing in a small symbol format that would make people change their suspicions about your service or lack thereof after first impression.

Besides, if there was I'd bet it sould havr a whole "totally not a fed guys lol move along nothing to see here I'm a good citizen just like you guys" vibe to it.
>>
I want to buy an m92 pap and convert it to a carbine, do I need to do any paperwork if I'm permanently attaching a barrel extension and a stock? If so, which forms?
>>
Knocked over a can of gun oil, how do I get the smell out of my carpet? I sleep here, man
>>
If you necked down a 9x19 and fitted it with a .223 what would this cartridge shoot like? The pressure would certainly be higher but what about penetration and precision out of a lets say 4 to 5 inch barrel?

I'm just wondering about all those fife-seven and tokarev rounds and simply fuck around with their basic idea.
>>
Morning /k/, I'm looking for a nice, high quality SAA clone for general use. I'm trying to stay away from brass framed revolvers because I've heard that they eventually start to warp or will do so when using hot .45lc

Is this a good place to start? Price really doesn't matter.

https://www.uberti-usa.com/short-stroke-sass-pro#specifications-section
>>
File: 1463591335007.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1463591335007.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>34165969

bumping for input
>>
>>34145037
That $300 surplus beretta is looking pretty hawt on bud's. I think jgsales has mags for it.
>>
Would it be realistic to have futuristic (like, 2+ centuries) insurgents or even soldiers still wielding derivatives of the AR15 or AK platform? I mean, you'd have to give up wood furnishing for polymers or metals because wood is very expensive in space and doesn't cope well in vaccuum. And maybe they'd bubba on some tech (cue futuristic ammo readouts, HUD links, or whatever) but would the base platforms still be serviceable? I want space AKs on Mars.

>t. working on a hardscifi project and wanting to have an AK derivative
>>
Is there something wrong with my sig mags? The last round in my p320 is way harder to load than any magazine I've used, and when fully loaded, the slide has extreme difficulty moving when loading the first round.
>>
>>34167431
They wouldn't be everywhere, it'd be like the Gewehr 98 in modern war, only used by guards and police, or in the hands of insurgents with nothing else available.
>also they'd all be beat to shit unless they were made recently for some reason
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 345x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 345x348px
My AR15 is having trouble with Tulammo rounds. Basically, the ammunition gets stuck in the chamber to were I need to beat the stock into the ground holding the charging handle to unstuck the chamber. It does not go into battery when this happens and the bullets are left with a mark as if it were engaging the rifling. I was able to get one round to go into battery by using the forward assist but the hammer was not reset. Also, when I was opening the bolt, one of the bullets got stuck and was pulled from the cartridge. I had to get the bullet out with a cleaning rod.

Is my chamber to loose or too tight? I don't understand how the rounds go in too far but leave me out of battery. Is it the ammo?

FYI the upper is a PSA 20in, lower is Anderson and the stock/LPK are PSA (carbine buffer and stock).
>>
>>34167681
Ah ok. My plan is to have a spehss AK developed with the materials of the time (metals from the belt and plastic from Titan) and incorporating modern tech.

Thank you for your advice
>>
>>34167837
Don't use steelcase shit
>>
>>34167837
>>34167911
Steel is fine, Tulammo is not.
>>
>>34167966
No I think he has a point, it was doing the same thing with some WPA a friend was letting me test. Might just have to go brass, better in the long run anyway. I shouldn't be a fucking cheapskate.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to run a bunch of brass through it to see if I get the same issues and go from there.
>>
Is having hoppes number 9 on my hands for like 15 minutes bad?
I wash my hands with dish soap after I clean my firearms and was wondering if I should wear latex gloves while cleaning.
>>
>>34168005
Wolf and Tula are made in the same factory.
>>
>>34168045
Hoppes is a mutagenic. Use gloves or become a Witcher
>>
>>34168208
aw FUCK
>>
I'm in Commiefornistan
>inb4 move
and I want a 6.5 grendel semi auto
>inb4 just use use 5.56/7.62
but I'm not sure if I should get a good goy FightLite semi-grip AR15 lower and slap an upper on it or get woodworky with a VEPR stock. My instinct is to just go with the AR but the Wolf steel bargain bin ammo looks like a good deal. I can get the VEPR into the Soviet Republic with a thumbhole wrap and then make the new stock for it. I hear the Saiga sporters had serious ergonomic issues which would probably translate over. What do?
>>
>>34142972
Depends on the revolver and the holster.
What do you have and what holster are you looking at?
>>
>>34167634
>Inb4 little bitch hands
>>
>>34130764
Well, sometimes you get two deer flushing out on crossing paths when you yell, "pull," so it can fluster you if you're not ready. The nice thing is that if you just knock a chip off the back of one of them, it still counts.
>>
>>34130764
well, if you're in a northern state where they don't let you use buckshot anyway then no not really
>>
>>34168077
Ah ok. I knew some were, thought WPA was Serbshit but ok. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>34170153
you're thinking of prvi
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.